• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Grendelbert said:

    nonesuch00 said:

    Not only did I get on the train, but I bought V9 Pro Bundle out of the gate, which I never do, and I already bought a G9 PA product, Joe Quick's Toon Kids for G9.

    I hear that the G9 head & body morph packages will be released early next week too. 

    Is it the Pro Bundle? I believe it's just a started bundle, which is why there's so little there. I'm very disappointed that there are just G9 Starter Essentials rather than actual G9 Essentials. Also, how do I ask this discretely: Where are the naughty bits? Victoria 9 and Arceli have gens mats, but no gens to apply them to.
    Overall, I'm intrigued by the possibilities of G9, but having spent a lot of money on G8/8.1 (as well as a fair sum on G3) since I started DAZing in 2020, I'm a bit fatigued from spending. I hope some converter scripts start showing up soon. I'd rather no buy everything again for G9.

     Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle | Daz 3D

    By

    daveso daveso October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    nonesuch00 said:

    Not only did I get on the train, but I bought V9 Pro Bundle out of the gate, which I never do, and I already bought a G9 PA product, Joe Quick's Toon Kids for G9.

    I hear that the G9 head & body morph packages will be released early next week too. 

    Is it the Pro Bundle? I believe it's just a started bundle, which is why there's so little there. I'm very disappointed that there are just G9 Starter Essentials rather than actual G9 Essentials. Also, how do I ask this discretely: Where are the naughty bits? Victoria 9 and Arceli have gens mats, but no gens to apply them to.
    Overall, I'm intrigued by the possibilities of G9, but having spent a lot of money on G8/8.1 (as well as a fair sum on G3) since I started DAZing in 2020, I'm a bit fatigued from spending. I hope some converter scripts start showing up soon. I'd rather no buy everything again for G9.

    By

    Grendelbert Grendelbert October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 HD Pre Purchase Disappointment Issues

    Robert Freise said:

    Have the freebies still waiting on the Victoria 9 HD bundle to show in Product Library

    No word from CS on ticket 

     

    CS gave me the two freebies (again cheeky) instead of the all the items of the Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle. All items are still not shown as bought. Come on DAZ. Can nobody solve this error? I really want Victoria 9.

     

     

    By

    ted-berlin ted-berlin October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9

    druc said:

    I mean no disrespect when I say this. Where are the free items promised for purchasing G9 victoria HD bundle pre release. You have my money I don't have the promised free items. If you have a system issue. That's not my problem. SORT IT and add the items to my DIM Please

    I'm not sure what thw offifcal status is, I know they were being added at the end of the week. You could give them a bit longer, or you could open a ticket - either way you shoul get your freebies.              .

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Genesis 9

    I mean no disrespect when I say this. Where are the free items promised for purchasing G9 victoria HD bundle pre release. You have my money I don't have the promised free items. If you have a system issue. That's not my problem. SORT IT and add the items to my DIM Please

    By

    druc druc October 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

    Have been around since the Millenium Woman (Victoria 1) became an alternative to Poser's native Pozette and Dork.  Daz Studio did not exist.  Therefore, I was late to the Daz Studio program despite not being late to Daz figures and content.  Have seen a lot of new figures introduced.  This release is not going well.  I would rather have morphs that address limb bends at mid distance than features that mimic ear translucency at extreme closeup.  Hope the folks at Daz3D realize the release is not going well, and they are burning through my good will at a rapid rate.
     

    Tail is wagging the dog.

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not
    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I did get on the 9 train, pre-ordering the Victoria 9 bundle. 

    • The train arrived late (bundle contents not added to the library on time)
    • Some carriages were missing (bonus items not added to the library as well)
    • Some engine parts are missing (e.g. PowerPose templates)
    • You have to pay extra to get an adjustable seat (Genesis 9 Character Essentials)
    • You may have to buy new luggage, as the old one does not really fit (autofitting of hair, clothing)
    • The train looks really nice, especially near view.
    • Although it looks nice and shiny, the train is a bit dysfunctional, e.g seats adjust in the wrong way (certain natural poses just look totally off with G9, e.g. some writs poses, bending of limbs, etc.)

    Do I regret it? Yes, somehow. I still have a very well done Victoria 9, very suitable for close up renders. But then? Will I stay on the train? Probably not. That release was really not well handled, and still is not (e.g. missing head and body morphs despite new items released that require them, no decent way to use G8 poses on G9, ...). 

    I would say it was professionally handled, because amateurs would do it better (sarcasm off).

    Love it, especially the dysfunctional seat part

    By

    CHWT CHWT October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I did get on the 9 train, pre-ordering the Victoria 9 bundle. 

    • The train arrived late (bundle contents not added to the library on time)
    • Some carriages were missing (bonus items not added to the library as well)
    • Some engine parts are missing (e.g. PowerPose templates)
    • You have to pay extra to get an adjustable seat (Genesis 9 Character Essentials)
    • You may have to buy new luggage, as the old one does not really fit (autofitting of hair, clothing)
    • The train looks really nice, especially near view.
    • Although it looks nice and shiny, the train is a bit dysfunctional, e.g seats adjust in the wrong way (certain natural poses just look totally off with G9, e.g. some writs poses, bending of limbs, etc.)

    Do I regret it? Yes, somehow. I still have a very well done Victoria 9, very suitable for close up renders. But then? Will I stay on the train? Probably not. That release was really not well handled, and still is not (e.g. missing head and body morphs despite new items released that require them, no decent way to use G8 poses on G9, ...). 

    I would say it was professionally handled, because amateurs would do it better (sarcasm off).

     

    Thank you! This was fun to read.

    By

    Kerya Kerya October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I did get on the 9 train, pre-ordering the Victoria 9 bundle. 

    • The train arrived late (bundle contents not added to the library on time)
    • Some carriages were missing (bonus items not added to the library as well)
    • Some engine parts are missing (e.g. PowerPose templates)
    • You have to pay extra to get an adjustable seat (Genesis 9 Character Essentials)
    • You may have to buy new luggage, as the old one does not really fit (autofitting of hair, clothing)
    • The train looks really nice, especially near view.
    • Although it looks nice and shiny, the train is a bit dysfunctional, e.g seats adjust in the wrong way (certain natural poses just look totally off with G9, e.g. some writs poses, bending of limbs, etc.)

    Do I regret it? Yes, somehow. I still have a very well done Victoria 9, very suitable for close up renders. But then? Will I stay on the train? Probably not. That release was really not well handled, and still is not (e.g. missing head and body morphs despite new items released that require them, no decent way to use G8 poses on G9, ...). 

    I would say it was professionally handled, because amateurs would do it better (sarcasm off).

    yes
    Nice comment to read.
    I am still waiting, for what's to come. I have never been a victoria fan, but purchased her past iterations just to have a starting character in my library.
    This time I will wait. 
    Purchasing characters for skin material and possible morph resources only.

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    I did get on the 9 train, pre-ordering the Victoria 9 bundle. 

    • The train arrived late (bundle contents not added to the library on time)
    • Some carriages were missing (bonus items not added to the library as well)
    • Some engine parts are missing (e.g. PowerPose templates)
    • You have to pay extra to get an adjustable seat (Genesis 9 Character Essentials)
    • You may have to buy new luggage, as the old one does not really fit (autofitting of hair, clothing)
    • The train looks really nice, especially near view.
    • Although it looks nice and shiny, the train is a bit dysfunctional, e.g seats adjust in the wrong way (certain natural poses just look totally off with G9, e.g. some writs poses, bending of limbs, etc.)

    Do I regret it? Yes, somehow. I still have a very well done Victoria 9, very suitable for close up renders. But then? Will I stay on the train? Probably not. That release was really not well handled, and still is not (e.g. missing head and body morphs despite new items released that require them, no decent way to use G8 poses on G9, ...). 

    I would say it was professionally handled, because amateurs would do it better (sarcasm off).

    By

    Mark_e593e0a5 Mark_e593e0a5 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Cybersox said:

    In the end, a figure is only as good as its support infrastructure, and, at best, G9 is several years away from getting to the point where it's anywhere close to scratching the surface of replacing what's currently possible with G7/G8 or V4.  Heck, it'll be a year before it even starts to hit the level of Dawn or La Femme.  And given how G8.5 played out, it's equally possible that V9's life may also end up seguing to a 9.5, so that level of versatility will never happen... as was true with Genesis 1's short run. 

    As it is, it doesn't require a crystal ball to know that we can look forward to a year or so dominated by G9 regurgitations of the ubiquitous DAZ top ten - Victoria, Michael, Aiko, The Girl, etc...while a huge part of working with G9 will entail a lot of refitting and transferring of G3 and G8 assets, until, right about the time that the G9 infrastructure will start hitting the point of being moderately self sufficient, DAZ's marketing will be giving away V9 and the other early G9 products in bulk lots as an incentive to sell the newest ones.  Because, let's face it, as anyone who's been here a while has seen, that IS exactly what will happen.  So, my attitude is why not just wait and let DAZ sell you the same thing for dimes on the dollar in six months or less, as we all know they will?  That's the path I opted to take with Genesis 8 and it worked out quite well for me, not really buying in until about six months in, and I've still only barely stuck my toe in the G8.5 pool... all of which are now being blown out at discount prices. 

    ...that's how I'm finally starting t pick up more G8 e content (mostly morph shaping and merchant resources). I only have V8 because of a special loyalty bonus. Same for V3.  The interesting  characters for G8 were long awaited ones like the "old folks" a few very nice fae types and a few nice (non stylised) teen characters that don't have fashion model/hunk physiques.   My only misgiving about G8 is almost all the clothing is dForce which takes my old rig forever to run sims on.

    Held out on 8 when it was released as I couldn't justify the cost of retooling all over to make G8 as useful for custom character deign given that didn't seem to be as being significant of an overall improvement over G3.like G3 was over G2 (where a different weight map system was adopted).  Also as I mentioned, I sort of burned out having to repurchase everything again every two years (as the budget became tighter) which seemed to be the standard update timetable for new Genesis releases by Daz.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    In the end, a figure is only as good as its support infrastructure, and, at best, G9 is several years away from getting to the point where it's anywhere close to scratching the surface of replacing what's currently possible with G7/G8 or V4.  Heck, it'll be a year before it even starts to hit the level of Dawn or La Femme.  And given how G8.5 played out, it's equally possible that V9's life may also end up seguing to a 9.5, so that level of versatility will never happen... as was true with Genesis 1's short run. 

    As it is, it doesn't require a crystal ball to know that we can look forward to a year or so dominated by G9 regurgitations of the ubiquitous DAZ top ten - Victoria, Michael, Aiko, The Girl, etc...while a huge part of working with G9 will entail a lot of refitting and transferring of G3 and G8 assets, until, right about the time that the G9 infrastructure will start hitting the point of being moderately self sufficient, DAZ's marketing will be giving away V9 and the other early G9 products in bulk lots as an incentive to sell the newest ones.  Because, let's face it, as anyone who's been here a while has seen, that IS exactly what will happen.  So, my attitude is why not just wait and let DAZ sell you the same thing for dimes on the dollar in six months or less, as we all know they will?  That's the path I opted to take with Genesis 8 and it worked out quite well for me, not really buying in until about six months in, and I've still only barely stuck my toe in the G8.5 pool... all of which are now being blown out at discount prices. 

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

    Flameburst said:

    V9 looks great! Any idea when michael 9 may be released? By the end of this year perhaps?

    For 8.1, Michael was released a week after Victoria, so it should not be long. 

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin October 2022 in The Commons
  • Reminder - save, backup, rinse, repeat - hopefully I am in good shape

    Steve K said:

    Diomede said:

    Still waiting on my desk top.  angry

    I've learned that if you sit out on the curb waiting for the delivery truck ... it makes no difference.  frown

    I would get very wet if I did that .... NSW & Victoria are very wet at the moment cool

    Yay, @Diomede glad all over for you and your new HDD and recovery of lost links yes 

    By

    Stezza Stezza October 2022 in Carrara Discussion
  • Genesis 9 Genitals?

    So I noticed that Victoria 9 has maps for bothe male and female genitals, but the doll doesn't seem to come with them... Nor is there a morph to make a guy have a package in his clothing were you to choose a male character, also no hip slection at all  so you can't even make the hips wider...

    Is there a way to get the genitalia or no?

    By

    CMKook-24601 CMKook-24601 October 2022 in The Commons
  • why does 8 look like 3? why lower poly, when we had the decimator?

    rokkr said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    G4 = 17020 (with lashes)

    G3F = 17418 (approximately)

    That's vertices.  G3F is 17K polys which is what we normally go by.  I already stated what G8F is (there is no G4).

    Of course there is G4... It's the shorthand for The Girl 4. And also can be an alias for Generation 4 or 4th Generation in general (V4, M4, &c.). This could have been one of the main reasons -- which was a smart one IMHO -- Daz jumped from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8... Genesis 4 would be confusing since they were already using G4 as a shorthand for The Girl 4. I only think they should have rebaptized the older Genesis to match their Victorias and we don't have all this confusion about Victoria 7 being Genesis 3 and so on...

    The last post in this thread was over five years ago.

    By

    Gordig Gordig October 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • Victoria 9 HD Pre Purchase Disappointment Issues

    Have the freebies still waiting on the Victoria 9 HD bundle to show in Product Library

    No word from CS on ticket 

    By

    Robert Freise Robert Freise October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

    I loaded Victoria 9 on my MacBookPro M1 and after over an hour or so of dressing her, hair, (thank you Esha, OOT), posing, then remember I had to simulate, back tracking, simulating went fast, then I found my favorite HDRI hadn't been installed yet, so went with others, changed, added lights, and finally happy.

    Render time: 4 hours, 2 minutes, 92% converged, 7789 interations.

     

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Growing Up for Genesis 9 (Commercial)

    Was about to request a refund, glad I checked here first! I was having the same problem as everyone else with younger characters having huge breasts. (I'm using vanilla installs of all assets from DazCentral.) The update from google drive fixed it for me! Thanks Zev0!

    To get a younger Victoria 9, the two ways I've found are:

    • Load a base Genesis 9, apply the Victoria 9 materials, apply Growing Up dials or presets.
    • Load Victoria 9, dial out Victoria 9 Body, apply Growing Up dials or presets.

     

    By

    Cam Fox Cam Fox October 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • why does 8 look like 3? why lower poly, when we had the decimator?

    Cris Palomino said:

    G4 = 17020 (with lashes)

    G3F = 17418 (approximately)

    That's vertices.  G3F is 17K polys which is what we normally go by.  I already stated what G8F is (there is no G4).

    Of course there is G4... It's the shorthand for The Girl 4. And also can be an alias for Generation 4 or 4th Generation in general (V4, M4, &c.). This could have been one of the main reasons -- which was a smart one IMHO -- Daz jumped from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8... Genesis 4 would be confusing since they were already using G4 as a shorthand for The Girl 4. I only think they should have rebaptized the older Genesis to match their Victorias and we don't have all this confusion about Victoria 7 being Genesis 3 and so on...

     

     

    By

    rokkr rokkr October 2022 in Product Suggestions
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.