• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • G9 - no lips, sclera, iris etc. surfaces anymore ?

    MelissaGT said:

    Bejaymac said:

    For a few years now DAZ have been pushing us into using layered textures, if you don't believe me then go check Victoria 8's textures (if you have her), the makeup and eyebrows are RGBA PNG, they get slotted into the Diffuse Overlay section of the Iray Uber shader.

    The problem we have with G9 is that the PBRSkin shader doesn't have options for layering textures, DS4.21 got a "big" update to the Layered Image Editor to remedy that, so from now on it's time to learn how to use LIE.

    I still feel that geoshell makeup is the best option.  

    It's good, but more geometry.

    By

    nicstt nicstt October 2022 in The Commons
  • G9 - no lips, sclera, iris etc. surfaces anymore ?

    Bejaymac said:

    For a few years now DAZ have been pushing us into using layered textures, if you don't believe me then go check Victoria 8's textures (if you have her), the makeup and eyebrows are RGBA PNG, they get slotted into the Diffuse Overlay section of the Iray Uber shader.

    The problem we have with G9 is that the PBRSkin shader doesn't have options for layering textures, DS4.21 got a "big" update to the Layered Image Editor to remedy that, so from now on it's time to learn how to use LIE.

    I do hope someone comes out with a detailed tutorial on how to use L.I.E. just looking at it, it doesn't seem capable of doing much of anything. I always use Photoshop when I have to edit a texture. But if for some reason L.I.E. is better I'd use it, so long as it's explained why and how.

    By

    Keiku Keiku October 2022 in The Commons
  • G9 - no lips, sclera, iris etc. surfaces anymore ?

    Bejaymac said:

    For a few years now DAZ have been pushing us into using layered textures, if you don't believe me then go check Victoria 8's textures (if you have her), the makeup and eyebrows are RGBA PNG, they get slotted into the Diffuse Overlay section of the Iray Uber shader.

    The problem we have with G9 is that the PBRSkin shader doesn't have options for layering textures, DS4.21 got a "big" update to the Layered Image Editor to remedy that, so from now on it's time to learn how to use LIE.

    I still feel that geoshell makeup is the best option.  

    By

    MelissaGT MelissaGT October 2022 in The Commons
  • G9 - no lips, sclera, iris etc. surfaces anymore ?

    For a few years now DAZ have been pushing us into using layered textures, if you don't believe me then go check Victoria 8's textures (if you have her), the makeup and eyebrows are RGBA PNG, they get slotted into the Diffuse Overlay section of the Iray Uber shader.

    The problem we have with G9 is that the PBRSkin shader doesn't have options for layering textures, DS4.21 got a "big" update to the Layered Image Editor to remedy that, so from now on it's time to learn how to use LIE.

    By

    Bejaymac Bejaymac October 2022 in The Commons
  • G9 Anatomical Elements Mats Missing?

    jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

    They chose not to include them. For whatever reason, not told yet, they did not include mats with the G9 anatomical elements. They had a chance to do a good job with this product and improve our opinion of this release and they blew it.

    well, Victoria 9 is also missing any makup options, now sold serparately, but used to be included in V7 and V8, so it kind of explains the general direction Daz decided to take

    also note 2 patches to G9 and V9 already since the launch, anyone seen a changelog for those?

    I opened a ticket couple days ago and posted a thread in technical section explaining a bug trying to apply materials to G9 eyes when there is more than 1 G9 figure in the scene, no response to the ticket, no response in the thread...

     

    edit: and it looks like they managed to screw something up with the Vic9 update today, I used only Daz original morps on the face, nothing too heavy, then used the edit>adjust bones to shape, like I always do after morphing, and now the eyes and eyelids move in exact opposite way, move eyes down, eyelids move up, and vice versa

    so I'm guessing we're all just betatesting this fantastic new product of theirs...

    By

    j11011 j11011 October 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    So I guess I got on the G9 train when I decided to purchase the Genesis 9 Essential Shapes Bundle. 

    I played around with the 4 default mats (MAT01, MAT02, MAT03 and MAT04) that come with G9 and the eyebrows and eyelashes from the essentials kit. I played around with a few of the shapes from the bundle on MAT03 and MAT04. This is what I got with just a little bit of playing tonight, but I think you can probably do a lot more with the shapes to make them match the MATS. I wish it came with morphs from the MAT pictures, but I didn't see a way to do that.

    G9 Materials

    For hair I used Soft Curls Ponytail for Genesis 9 (with the sale) and Omri Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (which I picked up from the weekly freebies not too long ago). I'm sure I could probably do much better with the hair and face for MAT03, but this is a start and maybe others will enjoy viewing how they look?

    When I first saw G9 appear in my library I also did a comparison of G9 vs G8 vs V8.1. I don't have V9 yet, but I wanted to give a comparison on what the best of V8 was since G9 looked so much better than G8! These all are OOB loads, but G9 loads without any MATS so I picked MAT02 for the comparison. One thing that you will notice is that G9 does not play very well with hair made for G8 when it's long. The hair tends to freak out by the neck area. These were all default loads with mostly default poses for the characters. The G9 pose also seemed kind of weird with the hand not leaning on the hip, but maybe that was done so that if she had been wearing clothes it would fit better?

    G9, G8 and V8.1

    Anyway, I think I'll have a lot to play with for a while with just the Essentials bundle and I'll hold off on getting anything more for now. I do wonder if the makeup kit Victoria 9 HD Makeup (which says it just needs Genesis 9) can work on darker skin tones. If it does, I might buy that. Has anyone tried it yet?

    By

    Shimrian Shimrian October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Essentials

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Strictly when I asked about textures to match the base figure I was told they were there and replied to say they weren't (or at least, no one was finding them). I don't know if that registered in all the other issues so I may need to follow up to be sure daz is actually aware of the issue, once the main product availability is resolved. But yes, I was clearly told that there should be maps for the Anatomical Elements to match the base skins.

    I am very sorry but I have now learned that there was a "not" missing from the reply I received. There are not, currently at least, anatomical element maps to match the base textures. Until we get some add-on characters the only way to use the anatomical elements is on Victoria 9. I can only offer my apologies for having got your hopes up incorrectly. 

    Thanks for the clarification, but I admit to still being kind of gob-smacked. The prudishness of Daz is famous across all 3D platforms – I heard about it from Blender and ZBrush people before I started working with Daz models, but now I see it in full force. It really seems incredible in 2022-2023 – for a company that strives to be known for its models of human beings – that it is so terrified of providing detailed, well-designed assets, true to life, in order for its users to truthfully represent human beings!

    By

    Ulysses Heart Ulysses Heart October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    alienarea said:

    The navel and nipples are a downgrade from G8, maybe due to missing topology.

    The anatomical elements pieces got wider, but don't bend, as a result they poke into the thighs in some delivered poses.

    Even with max fitness G9 looks less fit than G8.

    The shoulders of the females are too square for my taste.

    Victoria 9 has a great face and the expressions are much better, but that's it.

     

    That explains why something feels a bit off with V9 .... the shoulders!!! 

    I picked up the shapes bundle yesterday, but haven't played with it much yet. I thought form the promos that the fitness details looked a little less detailed, was hoping I was wrong, but sounds like I wasn't sad. It also sounds like the genitals aren't quite as useful??

    I did jump back on the train long enough to pick up the Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle with the shapes bundle. I got a great deal with it. I really liked the two outfits, with and easy to use long hair style for G9, I know it will get some use (with V9) for fantasy renders. But, I've jumped back off the train until I get a chance to really use G9/V9 (or try to use). My general impression so far is that it will take a lot of extra purchases to get it to work/look right and be as versatile as G8 and older were with just the basic morph packs (like the lips not having an easy way to adjust glossiness).

    Now I'll just sit back and test things out while I watch the train go by.

    By

    DustRider DustRider October 2022 in The Commons
  • Unable to finish purchase

    Nope, no way I can do this. I have removed the item multiple times, logged out and back in, choose the products again and nothing. When I remove the items I get a message that two of the items can't be removed: Soft Curls Long Hair for Genesis 9 and The Expression Collection for Victoria 9.

    By

    Joaquim Lopes Joaquim Lopes October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 body shapes morphs

    TheRetiredSailor said:

    Once upon a time, Victoria 3 or maybe Victoria 4, there was a morph for the eyes for the epicanthic fold.  This gave the distinctive skin fold of the upper eyelid that covers the inner corner (medial canthus) of the eye.  It is a seen in people of Asian descent.

    Does this morph exist in the Genesis 9 Head Shapes (or anywhere else for that matter)?

    Try the Eyelid fold inner toward dial... see if that gets the effect you are looking for  ( I think that is what you are looking for anyway.)

    By

    Malandar Malandar October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    Gator said:

    alienarea said:

    DustRider said:

    After playing around with V9 and G9 for a while, I'm not convinced I'll stay on the train much longer. The noodle bends on many of the joints are such a huge step backwards that I'm actually contemplating returning V9. I'll probably keep her, but I'm rather annoyed that I had to purchase a separate makeup set to make her usable (for me), but she also needs to have some serious joint bend fixes to be usable in most poses and positions. I was really hoping G9 would feel like a step forward, not a step backward (except for expressions).

    OK, enough ranting. 

    Same here.

    Disappointed with today's morph packages as well.

     

    Oh no, that's not what I want to hear.

    It's all in my cart right now, I'm going to buy it to try it out now.

    I want to update to Genesis 9.

    There's some nice pros drawing me to upgrade to Genesis 9.  The facial details including the expressions looking better and more natural.

    But dang.  So far I'm not impressed with the rest of the figure.  Hoping the morphs change my mind.  The hands are lacking detail like metatarsals and veins.  Which is a shame.  You look at some of these close ups, and wow the face as getting so much closer to photoreal... then the hands and it's not even a question if it's a render.  indecision

     

     

    Working mostly with females, it still looks like the unimesh simply doesn't have good topology for females.  As some have mentioned, I still have some concern on the pics of some bends that aren't good.  Please tell me it's just custom morphs that haven't been ERC baked.  If not, this is a HUGE disappointment.  This is 2022, the ninth gen figure, and better bends aren't part of the base figure?  I'm really gonna be disappointed if there's a morph pack sold to fix poor joint bends.  THIS SHOULD REALLY BE PART OF THE BASE FIGURE!

    Here's a morph I made to give Victoria a more fit figure.  Still need more time to play around.

    The navel and nipples are a downgrade from G8, maybe due to missing topology.

    The anatomical elements pieces got wider, but don't bend, as a result they poke into the thighs in some delivered poses.

    Even with max fitness G9 looks less fit than G8.

    The shoulders of the females are too square for my taste.

    Victoria 9 has a great face and the expressions are much better, but that's it.

     

     

    By

    alienarea alienarea October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9

    if Gen9's genitals workflow is similar to Gen8/8.1, then a pro character's skin mat should do the job.   I've purchased the essential bundle, and gen9 genital sure as hell don't work on any of their free skin mats(tested) I don't have victoria 9 yet, but I predict that;s the only one that will work, as for male's genitals, got wait for Micheal 9 or other gen 9 characters from PAs 

    By

    windli3356 windli3356 October 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    I grabbed some of the Victoria 9 bundles, but I made sure to define my use cases:

    • Bought Victoria 9 to explore how Daz set up a complete Genesis 9 character and organized her asset packs, and to see how well that content played with the free assets in Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.
    • Picked up some of the official clothes to give me a reference point for designing my own clothing in Marvelous Designer. Bundles offered the best price.
    • Got the Genesis 9 official morphs to help set up character bases for 3d sculpting. For some reason, it was cheaper to buy them one by one than to buy the bundle. :P


    To control my spending in the Daz store, I always set a target percentage for store discounts before I'll bite. Luckily I got 20% off a gift card before the sales which (barely) pushed Victoria 9 assets into my buy range. Since they're bleeding edge tech, a bunch of stuff doesn't work as expected and the asset library is limited. You can expect to pay and keep paying to bring Victoria up to speed - and Daz hasn't even started introducing assets for Michael either, which is a whole other budget.

    Grab Genesis 9 Starter Essentials now since those are free, and see what you think. I wouldn't recommend Victoria 9 yet unless you have a use case or a lot of cash. Daz will surely push Genesis 9 content pretty hard during holiday sales so you can probably get better prices if you wait a couple months.

     

    By

    Cam Fox Cam Fox October 2022 in The Commons
  • A Giant Massive Heart Felt Hug to ALL at DAZ3D

    Thank you everybody at Daz3d for working so generously and giving us such wonderful awesome art to share and use.  It is so very exciting and wonderful.  Victoria 9 is a great success.  Thank you!

    By

    ravenzvideo ravenzvideo October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    Artini said:

    Good stuff today, so buy and cry.

    Used on Victoria 9:

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-iron-lady-outfit-for-genesis-9-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/soft-curls-ponytail-for-genesis-9-and-victoria-9

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-expressions

    image

    image

    When you have a photoshoot at 8, but have to stab orcs at 9.

    By

    Expozures Expozures October 2022 in The Commons
  • Getting on the 9 train, or not

    alienarea said:

    DustRider said:

    After playing around with V9 and G9 for a while, I'm not convinced I'll stay on the train much longer. The noodle bends on many of the joints are such a huge step backwards that I'm actually contemplating returning V9. I'll probably keep her, but I'm rather annoyed that I had to purchase a separate makeup set to make her usable (for me), but she also needs to have some serious joint bend fixes to be usable in most poses and positions. I was really hoping G9 would feel like a step forward, not a step backward (except for expressions).

    OK, enough ranting. 

    Same here.

    Disappointed with today's morph packages as well.

     

    Oh no, that's not what I want to hear.

    It's all in my cart right now, I'm going to buy it to try it out now.

    I want to update to Genesis 9.

    There's some nice pros drawing me to upgrade to Genesis 9.  The facial details including the expressions looking better and more natural.

    But dang.  So far I'm not impressed with the rest of the figure.  Hoping the morphs change my mind.  The hands are lacking detail like metatarsals and veins.  Which is a shame.  You look at some of these close ups, and wow the face as getting so much closer to photoreal... then the hands and it's not even a question if it's a render.  indecision

     

     

    Working mostly with females, it still looks like the unimesh simply doesn't have good topology for females.  As some have mentioned, I still have some concern on the pics of some bends that aren't good.  Please tell me it's just custom morphs that haven't been ERC baked.  If not, this is a HUGE disappointment.  This is 2022, the ninth gen figure, and better bends aren't part of the base figure?  I'm really gonna be disappointed if there's a morph pack sold to fix poor joint bends.  THIS SHOULD REALLY BE PART OF THE BASE FIGURE!

    Here's a morph I made to give Victoria a more fit figure.  Still need more time to play around.

    By

    Gator Gator October 2022 in The Commons
  • No Anatomical Elements?

    I was wondering about this.  I am hoping they drop a new bundle character for Victoria 9.  I wouldn't mind a few morphs package even though I have been impressed by the ability to make positive changes to the figure as it is now.

    By

    Choronzon Choronzon October 2022 in New Users
  • Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    felis said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    felis said:

    beregar said:

    For me buying the bundle would be a few cents more expensive than buying the stuff individually. I mean the bundle price comes to $27.79 where as if I add the shapes and the expression package individually (since I already own starter essential expansion) the price comes to $27.41. That feels a tad off...

    I agree.

    I find it odd to release an item, and then a week later put the same item into a bundle, making it better fir those who waited. For sure that doesn't incent to buy when released. 

    The price will be reduced to reflect the fact that you already have part of the bundle, the same is true for the Victoria 9 bundles.

    The first product (Character Essentials) was 12,24. The bundle in cart is 27.80 so a total of 40.04, whereas the full bundle is 37.72.

    Then don't tell me that it isn't cheaper now. 

    That may well be the case, given that there are a number of additional discounts today and I assume the discount for the owned item will be pro rata rather than absoluite.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    Good stuff today, so buy and cry.

    Used on Victoria 9:

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-iron-lady-outfit-for-genesis-9-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/soft-curls-ponytail-for-genesis-9-and-victoria-9

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-expressions

    image

    image

    By

    Artini Artini October 2022 in The Commons
  • Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Richard Haseltine said:

    felis said:

    beregar said:

    For me buying the bundle would be a few cents more expensive than buying the stuff individually. I mean the bundle price comes to $27.79 where as if I add the shapes and the expression package individually (since I already own starter essential expansion) the price comes to $27.41. That feels a tad off...

    I agree.

    I find it odd to release an item, and then a week later put the same item into a bundle, making it better fir those who waited. For sure that doesn't incent to buy when released. 

    The price will be reduced to reflect the fact that you already have part of the bundle, the same is true for the Victoria 9 bundles.

    The first product (Character Essentials) was 12,24. The bundle in cart is 27.80 so a total of 40.04, whereas the full bundle is 37.72.

    Then don't tell me that it isn't cheaper now. 

    By

    felis felis October 2022 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.