• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Stereoscopic 3D VR-360 Renders (For VR headsets)

    Archaic Ruins with Victoria 9 and Michael 8.1 (Stereoscopic 3D VR)

     

    The Archaic Ruins asset is quite effective in stereoscopic 3D, and I plan to use it again in future projects. The total rendering time for all four stereoscopic 3D VR renders with dual RTX 3060 GPUs was a mere 42 minutes. This efficiency was due to rendering convergence reaching 100% after only 1040 iterations.


    Got a VR headset? Get the stereoscopic 3D VR-360 renders (over/under):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hccluita61o3ox1/AABQ5TMhYLXtaEUsXV1FaY-Ca?raw=1

    By

    KomodoVR KomodoVR October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Who is She ??
    The first image looks mostly Victoria 8 to me too, though I admit to being notoriously bad at such identifications. Regards, Richard.

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy October 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • Genesis 9 Character Essentials

    outrider42 said:

    Sevrin said:

    Relying on some generic base textures won't get you very far if your aim is to "truthfully represent human beings".  I don't think I've used a Daz Starter Essentials texture in a render since doing the newbie tutorials the first day I downloaded DS.

    Surely you have noticed that the Genesis 9 base textures are conversions of past core character models? They are anything BUT generic. These are skin textures that are on $45 characters.

    Fem Texture 1 is Victoria 8.1. The icon herself, the previous Daz flagship model is now a base texture mat. How is that generic?

    Fem Texture 2 is Clara 8.1

    Fem Texture 3 is Jinx 8.1 with a slight color tint

    Fem Texture 4 is Kala 8 also with a slight color tint.

    Male Texture 1 is Michael 8.1

    Male Texture 2 is Jazz 8.1

    Male Texture 3 is Zale 8.1

    Male Texture 4 is...I can't tell. It isn't Lee or Kwan, so I am not sure who it is.

    All of their textures, not just the color maps, but all of them, have been fully converted to the Genesis 9 UV. So their spec, normal, bump maps, ect all are unique to them.

    So no, these are not just generic textures at all. In fact this is something worth celebrating, as this is like Daz giving all users 8 core skins for free.

    However, Daz managed to screw this up by not giving any of these skins the "full" set of textures. All of the original characters have gen mats. Some even have gen mats for both sexes! So the lack of these mats is a real buzzkill on what should have been an awesome thing.

    So even though they did a nice thing, it still feels off because of the gen mats.

    I don't think anyone can argue these are generic skin textures. 

    What can I tell you?  Refund them? 

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Face Control Rig?

    Eyekonography said:

    So, still no luck figuring out if DAZ has dropped the face control rig they adopted for Genesis 8.1. The promo for Victoria 9 talks about Enhanced FACS, but as far as I can tell we are back to adjusting individual parameters in the posing tab?

    As PowerPoser templates aren't out yet it could be the G9 FACS controller is being held up by the G9 Power Poser templates availability. I quite like the FACS controller too. It's much easier to use.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    I think Daz has a "Brave" vibe going on to make the base Victoria 9 have MC1R mutation. Only 1 to 2 percent of the human population have red hair, mostly in Ireland and Scotland. I usually do not do well with dForce stuff. I decided to experiment with my new purchase in the woods. Stock Victoria 9 with no postwork.

    By

    wb1hbu_ffa22929c9 wb1hbu_ffa22929c9 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    I discovered that it is easy to use Natural Eyes II textures on Victoria 9's eyes. It is as simple as loading one of the eye texture mats in the Surfaces pane for the left and right eye. That is all I did; no need to mess around with LIE or any of that. They look good to me. What do you think?

     

    By

    barbult barbult October 2022 in The Commons
  • Could you replicateV9's skin on G8?

    It absolutely can be done. We are just talking about a texture here. I believe the same person who made Victoria 9 also made Victoria 8.1 and several other core characters. So you can find similarities in these models simply because of the artist's style.

    It is also possible to transfer a texture from one Genesis to another. After all, the Feminine Texture 1 for G9 is Victoria 8.1 transferred to G9. So Daz converted that texture up, obviously it is possible to convert a G9 texture to G8. But this requires some software that can be expensive (though it does offer a 30 day free trial, so if you work quick enough you can get it done before the trial is over).

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Essentials

    Sevrin said:

    Relying on some generic base textures won't get you very far if your aim is to "truthfully represent human beings".  I don't think I've used a Daz Starter Essentials texture in a render since doing the newbie tutorials the first day I downloaded DS.

    Surely you have noticed that the Genesis 9 base textures are conversions of past core character models? They are anything BUT generic. These are skin textures that are on $45 characters.

    Fem Texture 1 is Victoria 8.1. The icon herself, the previous Daz flagship model is now a base texture mat. How is that generic?

    Fem Texture 2 is Clara 8.1

    Fem Texture 3 is Jinx 8.1 with a slight color tint

    Fem Texture 4 is Kala 8 also with a slight color tint.

    Male Texture 1 is Michael 8.1

    Male Texture 2 is Jazz 8.1

    Male Texture 3 is Zale 8.1

    Male Texture 4 is...I can't tell. It isn't Lee or Kwan, so I am not sure who it is.

    All of their textures, not just the color maps, but all of them, have been fully converted to the Genesis 9 UV. So their spec, normal, bump maps, ect all are unique to them.

    So no, these are not just generic textures at all. In fact this is something worth celebrating, as this is like Daz giving all users 8 core skins for free.

    However, Daz managed to screw this up by not giving any of these skins the "full" set of textures. All of the original characters have gen mats. Some even have gen mats for both sexes! So the lack of these mats is a real buzzkill on what should have been an awesome thing.

    So even though they did a nice thing, it still feels off because of the gen mats.

    I don't think anyone can argue these are generic skin textures. 

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Face Control Rig?

    So, still no luck figuring out if DAZ has dropped the face control rig they adopted for Genesis 8.1. The promo for Victoria 9 talks about Enhanced FACS, but as far as I can tell we are back to adjusting individual parameters in the posing tab?

    By

    Eyekonography Eyekonography October 2022 in The Commons
  • Problem rendering Gen 9 in 3DLight

    Ah, so this is how 3DL dies, with them just quietly dropping support for it.

    Victoria 8 comes with:

    • Daz Studio 3Delight Material Presets (.DUF)
    • Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)

    Victoria 9 comes with:

    • Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)

    There's your answer people.

     

     

    By

    vrba79 vrba79 October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    Just one more image of Victoria 9 HD...

    image

    By

    Artini Artini October 2022 in The Commons
  • Who is She ??

    Probably a mixture of characters. I think I see some Rosa-Maria 8.1 in her face, and maybe a bit of Freja 8. In the first image the lady in front looks a lot like Victoria 8.

    By

    arne207 arne207 October 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    Victoria HD 9 with some dials used and applied makeup 03 from https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd-makeup

    image

    By

    Artini Artini October 2022 in The Commons
  • Victoria 9 - what a beauty

    There was an update to Victoria 9 HD on DIM.

    The image below was made after that update.

    image

    By

    Artini Artini October 2022 in The Commons
  • Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Chatjd said:

    The extra savings discounts on the Mega Demos bundle is either worded badly or not working correctly.  The starting percentage off is 51% (Daz+) which brings the cost to $29.40. I own the Victoria 9 Mega Bundle, so would get the extra 13% off or bring the cost to $25.57 (13% of $29.40).  I also own both the Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle and the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle so should get the extra 8% off.  So following Daz math or stacking discounts I should see $23.53 in the cart but get $25.57.  So, it looks like the extra savings on the "Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle or the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle" 8% is not applying. Are buyers supposed to be able to get both discounts or should there be a big "OR" between the 13% and 8% offers that you can only get one?

    Initial Cost  
    $59.99  
    $30.59 51% Discount
    $29.40  
       
    $29.40  
    $3.82 13% Discount
    $25.57  
       
    $25.57  
    $2.05 8% Discount
    $23.53  

    The Mega Bundle includes the content from the smaller bundles but not the bundles themselves, it is not - I would think - intended that you get both discounts, just one or the other.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2022 in The Commons
  • Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Chatjd said:

    The extra savings discounts on the Mega Demos bundle is either worded badly or not working correctly.  The starting percentage off is 51% (Daz+) which brings the cost to $29.40. I own the Victoria 9 Mega Bundle, so would get the extra 13% off or bring the cost to $25.57 (13% of $29.40).  I also own both the Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle and the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle so should get the extra 8% off.  So following Daz math or stacking discounts I should see $23.53 in the cart but get $25.57.  So, it looks like the extra savings on the "Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle or the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle" 8% is not applying. Are buyers supposed to be able to get both discounts or should there be a big "OR" between the 13% and 8% offers that you can only get one?

    Initial Cost  
    $59.99  
    $30.59 51% Discount
    $29.40  
       
    $29.40  
    $3.82 13% Discount
    $25.57  
       
    $25.57  
    $2.05 8% Discount
    $23.53  

     

     I will enquire.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino October 2022 in The Commons
  • Stereoscopic 3D VR-360 Renders (For VR headsets)

    World Gardens Japan With Victoria 9 (Stereoscopic 3D VR)

     

    I'm quite impressed by the visual quality of the World Gardens Japan asset in stereoscopic 3D and plan to use this environment in future VR renders. With the recent release of G9, a pose converter would be highly beneficial to broaden the range of poses available for G9, as the current options are somewhat restrictive. The total rendering time using dual RTX 3060s was just over 3 hours.

     

    Got a VR headset? Get the stereoscopic 3D VR-360 renders (over/under):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xble8vflbfioqlk/AACGVUBDDUoYMR-J5ShiL_Zga?raw=1

    By

    KomodoVR KomodoVR October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

    There's an update for Victoria 9 HD in my DIM. What comes with the update?

    By

    zombiewhacker zombiewhacker October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 PowerPose Template

    How about a face controller rig like in 8.1? That was huge for me in making expressions, and it seems strange that it was not included with Victoria 9.

    By

    Eyekonography Eyekonography October 2022 in The Commons
  • Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    The extra savings discounts on the Mega Demos bundle is either worded badly or not working correctly.  The starting percentage off is 51% (Daz+) which brings the cost to $29.40. I own the Victoria 9 Mega Bundle, so would get the extra 13% off or bring the cost to $25.57 (13% of $29.40).  I also own both the Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle and the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle so should get the extra 8% off.  So following Daz math or stacking discounts I should see $23.53 in the cart but get $25.57.  So, it looks like the extra savings on the "Victoria 9 Brave Highlander Bundle or the Victoria 9 Medieval Warrior Bundle" 8% is not applying. Are buyers supposed to be able to get both discounts or should there be a big "OR" between the 13% and 8% offers that you can only get one?

    Initial Cost  
    $59.99  
    $30.59 51% Discount
    $29.40  
       
    $29.40  
    $3.82 13% Discount
    $25.57  
       
    $25.57  
    $2.05 8% Discount
    $23.53  

     

    By

    Chatjd Chatjd October 2022 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.