-
Head games
Considering how many times I've seen Victoria 9's breasts on deviantart, I'd say at least a few.
Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)DIM 1.4.0.94 default filter for generation 9 figures does not work. I own and have installed the starter essentials and Victoria 9 HD, but neither show up with that filter. The default filters were updated today, but this still does not work. See attached screenshots. I mentioned this before in the forum, so when I saw a filter update today, I expected a fix. But no.
So I submitted a help request.DAZ 3D Human Figures - A HistoryApologies for the Necro, but just ran across this and thought I'd go ahead and chime in on a couple of points.
First a bit of history. I first got introduced to Poser back with 4ProPack just before version 5 came out, and while I 'obtained' a copy of 5, I actually bought a copy of 6 and have faithfully purchased a copy every version since (I may have missed a version in there when they changed up their numbering sequence though). Didn't care much for D|S pre version 2 and really didn't care for the pre version 1 days. I actually started using D|S more often when Genesis came out. Even then I was more inclined to use Poser and really only used DAZ when something I wanted to use sisn't come with a PoserCF file to use with Poser. Since Genesis 3 I have pretty much stuck with D|S even though I still purchase my Poser because I do play with it from time to time if I want to work with the older characters. Needless to say I even remember the old PoserPros website that was a subsidiary I guess of DAZ, unfortunately when the site clossed down, all of those products vanished and were not available through DAZ3D itself. Such a shame too because there was good stuff on there.
In regards to the character line, one of the other things to remember with generation 4 is that there were no teen characters. I don't actually remember the reason DAZ gave for making that decision, but made it they did and initially had no intention of bring back the teens. While it was understood, no one much cared for it. This resulted in the teens being brought back into being with generation 5 although changes were required to the way textures had to be done for them.
As Duane_Moody said back in '17 Unimesh didn't come about until generation 4 and even then it was not until either v4.1 or v4.2 that was done. I do remember that it was done to allow textures and clothing to be shared amongst the characters for the same gender.
It was also possible for the kids, teens, and adults of the same gender to share textures. At least in gen3 and I believe in both 1 and 2 as well although I would have to load them up to verify.
There was also a version of Stephanie called Stephanie P4 where instead of using the blStephanie.obj (SKU 531) she used blStephanieP4.obj (SKU 664), I want to say the P4 version was for compatibility with Posette from Poser4. Stephanie 3.0 Petite came out with SKU 1750 on July 6, 2004. Not sure when P4 version was released but the first was on January 2, 2002 with the original product code of ps_pe027 and petite's product code was ps_pe042. Note that the current SKU identifiers replaced the original product code that was listed on store pages.
The 'Millennium Woman' Victoria 1 was actually released by Zygote. While it can be argued it was released by DAZ, that is because as I recall DAZ was actually part of Zygote at the time of release. This is why if you ever find any of the old Zygote stuff, much of it has a corresponding DAZ item that matches and is effectively the same item. I'd probably have to find some of my old back up discs that had my old zygote items on them as I know I don't have any on my computer (and haven't for years) if anybody wanted specific examples.
Unfortunately, the readme for 'Millennium Woman' Victoria 1 does not list the product code or release date in it, but after the changeover to SKU it was 85. Like the Zygote stuff, I could probably track down those old backups to find the original .exe file I had for install at the time (shrug).
Victoria 2 was released September 16, 2004 with product code ps_pe020 and is SKU 83 (note this is an earlier SKU than what V1 was); and the V2 upgrade from V2 reduced resolution was ps_pe047, SKU 2412, and released July 19, 2004. Which makes things very interesting when looking at those dates (both pulled from the actual readme file included with the products). Of course Lo Res did not come with a readme file unfortubately but it identified as SKU 659.
Yeah, SKU ordering really does not make sense when looking that far back, but it is what it is.
For those asking about the poly counts? Somewhere I have a file that listed thos for each generation all the way from the first victoria up to Genesis or Genesis 2; both for the Male and Female characters; again, it (like everything else) wil be on an old backup of material.
Texture Education PleaseRichard Haseltine said:
Victoria 9 has 8K details and 4K otherwise.
all g9 models should have this, and they don't seem like they do... why not?
Asset identification assistance (Genesis 3 Female)Hi,
please help me identify the character asset used in this product
https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/unlimited-for-genesis-3-female-s-/114314
She looks fairly similar to Caterina but I'm not entirely sure
https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/fwsa-caterina-for-victoria-7-and-genesis-3/116019
Head gamest0mg said:
Dialed a younger character and used Victoria's 9 skin with some tweaks here and there
Looks great!! Makes me wanna go and try the GU morphs I purchased the other day (hadn't delved into them yet) . :)
Head gamesTexture Education PleaseVictoria 9 has 8K details and 4K otherwise.
Victoria 9 HD MakeupHow to get Victoria 9 HD Makeup to work on Genesis 9
These are all Genesis 9 (not Victoria 9) with the free skin mats.
As you can see the Victoria 9 Makeup works but it does require loading in a certain way.
- Be in the iray preview window and load genesis 9 with any of the materials.
- Apply any of makeup sets (use the apply all preset) and wait for it to load (it will look odd at this stage)
- Hit the iray preview again (it may still look odd)
- Now hit the remove all preset and the makeup should now look good (don't hit the iray preview again or the makeup will be removed)
3 of the 5 sets have a foundation that is designed for pale skin so even though they will work on dark skin they would look odd - although single elements contained within the set may work ok.



Texture Education PleaseI'm still not getting it. The Victoria model came out with 8K textures. No G9 since then has been released with 8K textures. They seem to be around 4K, which is the same as the 8.1 models that are being released. Why am I not seeing more 8K textures? It seems like this was a pretty big deal for the upgraded model and it doesnt look like anyone is taking advantage of it. Is it because people are taking models that were planned for 8.1 and releasing them in a G9 model?
I guess to put the question in a more straigtforward way, are they really G9 models or at they G8 models stuck on G9 bones? I don't want to spend my money buying a model when I am not getting something that is using the full G9 potential.
Why, WHY (painted eyebrows on G9)rosseliani said:
Many characters within every Genesis generations come with painted brows without a browless option. It's quite simple to rework textures in GIMP or Photoshop to create your own browless textures, it just takes a bit of time and you can do it even better than with a brow remover.
I always find something that doesn't suit me when I buy a new item, and I usually customize a lot of textures or shapes as soon as I try on my new purchases.
Content creators cannot offer products that only suit your own taste. Imagine you buy a mug and it comes with the handle on the right side and you're left-handed, will you ask for a refund?...I've done that before but it became tedious after a while. Thankfully Zev0 came out with the Brow Remover which supports all older generations (including Gen4) and both genders. No need to deal with over-painting existing baked in brows in a 2D programme and making sure the base colour matches the rest of the skin.
Compatible Figures:
The Freak 5, Genesis, Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Victoria 5, Genesis 3 Female, Michael 4, Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Genesis 2 Female, Michael 5, The Kids 4, Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 8 Male
Victoria 9 - what a beautyThis is what I get for the basic Victoria 9 navel, just loading the base, non-HD character
Texture Education PleaseFenixPhoenix said:
Only the detail normal map is 8K (which is where the resolution difference made a difference). So all other Victoria 9 skin maps are actually 4k.
and the detail maps that come with Genesis 9 Starter Essenmtials are already 8K.
MimicMolly's Renders & WIPsI have also transferred guhzcoituz' FF7 Scarlet for G8F to G9. As proof, I've rendered her in Victoria 9 HD's vitiligo skin. (She really needs a custom smile. The DO Expressions weren't really working for her.)

Unlike SP3D's Kuzca and Dain 8's body, I actually shortened Scarlet's legs and torso in G8F, before transferring over the modified shape on the G9 .obj. Ironically, I like the shortened modification I did because her body now usuable for me, as is. As for her face, I needed a more anime/toon character. (I do plan on transferring over Kota 8.1's head and ears, since it's very rare to find a good anime boy that mixes well.)
I'm also tempted to buy Lully's G9 LIE Makeup for G9, but at the same time, I think I should probably try to figure out how to use LIE and make my own makeups for G9.
Victoria 9 - what a beautyTexture Education PleaseOnly the detail normal map is 8K (which is where the resolution difference made a difference). So all other Victoria 9 skin maps are actually 4k.G9 Blink problemRestif said:
yes, but even the Victoria 9 does it to me. See below:
This does not look like V9 though.
G9 Blink problemyes, but even the Victoria 9 does it to me. See below:
Mango Movement Collection - Laces are missing Tieshttps://www.daz3d.com/mango-movement-collection-for-genesis-9
Well, I just got around to checking this out, and im a bit disappointed.
The shoes clearly have laces, they just look totally stupid without ties to tie them; why exactly is this?
I'm thinking of returning everything, and just settling for Victoria 9 who is very well done imo.
It feels like a rushed product.
Facial Expressions for V4Hi all,
I am new to daz and bought some addons. I can see this pack in my software. But not sure how to make her mouth move.
I cannot find any instructions in the pack to do it.
I do have victoria base 4.2. would be graeteful if anyone can assit with some tips on how to make her mouth move
Thank you














