-
Bethany 7 updates Victoria 7?
I bought the Bethany 7 Pro pack a bit too hastily. I mistook her for the updated Lilith. Oops. Not even close. She's a BIG girl and you can't even dial down her weight significantly without her body looking bumpy and weird around the torso. Oh well.
Then I noticed something odd. When I loaded Victoria 7 she was significantly different. In fact, her base figure now includes 50% of the secondary figure that came in the Bethany 7 pack (can't remember her name). It makes Victoria 7 look far less emaciated. She looks a lot more "real world", in my opinion. Even the pictures of her on the releases that came out since Bethany 7 show Victoria 7 as much more full figured.
Is this my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?
Older hairSapphire Fox hair is one of my favorites as well.
Below is an iray render of Victoria 7 with Sapphire Fox hair.
Extra 20% off Bridging the GapI just made a test and threw in Victoria 7 Pro Bundle to see if that maybe triggers the additional discounts .. nope. Only the 20% discount still appears correct.
Good night.
Art & Animations By Ivy SummersInvoluntary Obedience Training (Animated short.) Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KKCaPPHvQ
This is a daz studio pro 4.8 Victoria 6 / Genesis 2 Female(s) SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock Test. Found at daz.com - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-6-genesis-2-female-s-high-heel-walk-aniblock
I had been asked about SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock a few times so. I wanted to do something different than just a girl walking on a blank screen like everyone else does. so this was what I came up with.
Movie credits @ http://www.ivysdomain.com/\SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlockInvoluntary Obedience Training (Animated short.) Yotube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_KKCaPPHvQ
This is a daz studio pro 4.8 Victoria 6 / Genesis 2 Female(s) SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock Test. Found at daz.com - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-6-genesis-2-female-s-high-heel-walk-aniblock
I had been asked about SKAmotion High Heel Walk aniBlock a few times so. I wanted to do something different than just a girl walking on a blank screen like everyone else does. so this was what I came up with.
Movie credits @ http://www.ivysdomain.com/\Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?It was said that Michael 7 is a few months away. Whether or not that meand that G3M is that far off is subject to debate. If they follow the patter they did with G3F, then it's fairly likely.
As far as quality stuff for G3M... That's a different question.
The flagship models...Victoria and Michael, when they were the 'base' were always a few months a part. Nothing has really changed.
Except for Michael 4, who was 2 years after V4.
To be fair, it took them a year to get V4.2exactly right, and it was probably wise to get one figure settled before starting on the other. As for the others, Michael 5 was a little over 5 months behind V5 (11/1/2011 versus 4/11/2012) while the delay for M6 was about the same. Given the speed at which we're seeing skins drift out for G3F, I think pushing G3M back as far as possible is probably a good idea.
Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?Daz are secretly taking the DNA from previous generations and splicing them together to make the ultimate male counterpart to Victoria 7. Rumours suggest that a mild mannered reporter even donated some of his own to this concoction to make a truly super individual.
Perfection cannot be rushed though, DNA splicing especially so, lest Michael 7 come out of his growth chamber without any bones and be forced to walk around like Octodad.
Bridging the Gap promotion: what are limitations of legacies?Thanks, that does help.
I understand how clothes, hair and other accessories would autofit now. I guess it also works somewhat for poses, that a Genesis 2 pose will make a Genesis 3 character do something reasonsble that may have to be tweaked.
I guess my question more precisely is that I see a lot of "secondary" characters based on these Genesis 2 characters. the secondary characters say "requires Victoria 6" or such. Do these secondary characters (eg, "FW Porsha for Victoria 6") work with the legacy Victoria 6 version? Victoria 7? Or, do I really need to get "Victoria 6" to get "FW Porsha for Victoria 6") (and the Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs).
Thanks!
All of those 7 characters... kinda of confusing....pointless tooFigures haven't been truly separate since gen3. That's a really long time ago. Gen4 was "unimesh" the main difference there was that the base was (paid) v4. With the advent of Genesis DAZ switched to a free base and the Victoria became a shape for the free base. Yes all the characters are no longer "figures" and just morphs, but that's a good thing. I tend to think of them more (especially the characters with less history) as a continuation of the elite textures, plus really excellent morphs. (Some will claim that the characters can be mimed by just dial spinning, as a fan of dials spinning that is not true the detail of things like the shape of the shoulder blades, to say nothing of the faces, are just impossible to do without a modelling program and a great deal of skill)Trying to recapture Bethany as a G2F figure has really made that apparent. You can dial spin figures that do SIMILAR things, but base models have rather unique qualities to them, and there's a lot to be said for blending in models.
I'm actually working on a heavyset character with what started as a Ninive 6 head, so you can go in different interesting directions with base figures.
I very much agree with both of these comments. The DAZ original "numbered" characters are exceptionally high quality morphs and skin textures, and those included textures are optimized for that morph with a custom UV. Comparable to, and an advancement on the elite characters. In nearly every case they have a nuance that you could never get with morph dials alone.
The UV thing catches a lot of people wrong, but a UV set doesn't need to be supported. You get the best result when an optimized UV is paired with a morph its intended for. The times when a special texture is released like Lady of the Lake or Asterion for Minotaur are the rare times when they will use the specialized UV because they really are designed and intended for that character's morph, just as the included skin was.
Back to the main point, I see the numbered characters bringing unique nuance, like individual actors approaching the same role differently. We don't just look for types anymore, like leading man or muscle, diva and ingenue, and with their best figures like Bethany or Olympia or Gianni or Monique, I see DAZ trying at least to stretch toward that and I hope it continues. That's my take on it.
Bridging the Gap promotion: what are limitations of legacies?but still don't understand how Victoria 7 differs from Victoria 6 in the Legacies package.
Is there a description for newbies of this difference?
Victoria 7 is a morph of Genesis 3 Female, Victoria 6 is a morph of Genesis 2 Female. Generation 5 is the original Genesis figure, so any figures with a '5' in the name are morphs of Genesis. Similarly anything with a '6' is a morph of Genesis 2, and '7' is a morph of Genesis 3. Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 are all completely different figures.
Genesis 2 Female clothing can be used on Genesis 3 Female by using the Autofit clone which comes with Genesis 3 Female.
Does that help?
Bridging the Gap promotion: what are limitations of legacies?I am very new to DAZ. When I was first shopping, I saw "Genesis 3" and "Genesis 2" and thought I'd just do everything with Genesis 3 characters. But, every now and then I see something that's "for" a Genesis 2 character that I want,
This morning, I saw the "legacy" packages go on sale. What is the difference, for instance, between buying "Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Classics" and instead buying the Victoria 6, Aiko 6, Stephanie 6, and The Girl 6 characters?
I've read the description:
+++
Body morphs were created in the same base pose as Genesis 3 Female, which means less tweaking when using pose sets. Careful attention to placement of the face bones in Genesis 3 means you get the same great facial expressions you come to expect from Genesis 3.
Genesis 2 Legacies can be dialed in fully, just a little, or mixed and matched with each other and your other Genesis 3 Females to produce unique looks. Or they can be used as a base for transferring your own morphs to Genesis 3.
NOTE: This product does not include UV information or the ability to use Genesis 2 textures, nor does it automatically make Genesis 2 morphs work on Genesis 3. Only the head and body morphs mentioned above are included.
+++
but still don't understand how Victoria 7 differs from Victoria 6 in the Legacies package.
Is there a description for newbies of this difference?
G3M G3F, Q and A. V7 welcome as well.The bottom of the 'basic wear' is loose fitting, and much more forgiving then other stuff. Yes basically everything I tried from the first few weeks of the G3F/V7 launch. After that like now, I have no play funds left to get more. The list of affected clothe is extensive. With some it's just a spec here or there because of it being lose fitting. Others like that Hongyus Bikini For V7, there is no room for auto-follow to be off even a nanometer.
This is only a guess.
Both G3F and Victoria 7 got updates not long after they came out. I'm pretty certain that there's at least one update to G3F I remember getting that isn't listed on her Readme page at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21630/start because I remember asking what it was for, and nobody being really sure.
My guess is that maybe parts of this issue were present in both the figure and the clothing. When they fixed ... whatever they fixed in G3F, it may be that they fixed it in the figure, and in the tools vendors use to make clothes (or else the fix in the figure was enough to take care of things going forward), but not in the clothing that was issued before. So it still has whatever was wrong with it, but newer clothing doesn't have the same problem.
I didn't buy much V7/G3F clothing early on, because I don't need much in the way of swimwear or fantasy stuff. What I have gotten was more recent, and I'm not seeing this issue in any more recent stuff. I'm also not seeing it in any G3F stuff that I bought elsewhere, or in freebies from elsewhere, which ... I have no idea how to interpret. I'm also not seeing it in anything that I converted from G2F to G3F, but I only started doing that with anything in the past couple weeks, after G3F had been updated a few times.
I'll see about getting some more recent underwear sets or some such, maybe, and see if the issue is still there. It may be specific types of clothing, or maybe just limited to specific items or a specific time period.
EDIT: I have OOT's Paradise underwear for G2F. I upconverted it to G3F, put it on Summer, and ... nothing. It fits her just as it should, no pokethough. The only thing I can think is that, as I mentioned, the issue was fixed in the figure and newer stuff, but not older stuff.
G3M G3F, Q and A. V7 welcome as well.That's because the mesh smoothing on them, as going to the V7 value (shape), and ignoring the hip-ridge (width I guess) along with other attributes of the non-daz figure shape.
For some reason, I'm not having issues with the lower body, only the chest, and only some items. I'm not seeing the hair issue you pointed out at all.
The answer I got from tech, is "Use the adjustment dials in the outfits to fix that". Ah yea, that's not a fix for the problem, That's just more grief to use something I paid for, lol.Also, that wouldn't work, if the issue is that certain clothing isn't following the additional morph but is instead only following Victoria 7. You can't easily adjust to a shape the clothing may not take into account.
A question: apart from Basic Wear and Post Apocalyptic top, is all of the stuff you've been trying from after the V7 initial release? I'm not seeing this issue any any of the DAZ produced clothing that I got after the initial V7 release; only the stuff that came out with V7. Unfortunately, I don't have any swimsuits or anything else like that to try. And I'm not seeing it in anything I got elsewhere. Valkyrie dress, which is part of the Bethany bundles, works fine on all three of them.
Also, I checked the hidden morphs that get pushed into the clothing. Autofollow is on for all of them (including the head morph that I have no idea what it's doing in clothes); I tried dialing the hidden morphs out, and the clothing deformed even more, so Autofollow is definitely working. Whether or not it's working correctly, I can't say.
Oddly, if I start dialing out the FBMVictoria7 hidden morph in the Postapocalyptic top, it starts fitting to Summer better, even though the percentage of V7 pushed into the top matches the percentage of V7 dialed in for Summer. Very very strange.
Oh, and Basic Wear and Postapocalyptic top fit perfectly on Eva, but that makes a kind of sense, since she has the least curvy body of all of them.
All of those 7 characters... kinda of confusing....pointless tooFigures haven't been truly separate since gen3. That's a really long time ago. Gen4 was "unimesh" the main difference there was that the base was (paid) v4. With the advent of Genesis DAZ switched to a free base and the Victoria became a shape for the free base. Yes all the characters are no longer "figures" and just morphs, but that's a good thing. I tend to think of them more (especially the characters with less history) as a continuation of the elite textures, plus really excellent morphs. (Some will claim that the characters can be mimed by just dial spinning, as a fan of dials spinning that is not true the detail of things like the shape of the shoulder blades, to say nothing of the faces, are just impossible to do without a modelling program and a great deal of skill)Trying to recapture Bethany as a G2F figure has really made that apparent. You can dial spin figures that do SIMILAR things, but base models have rather unique qualities to them, and there's a lot to be said for blending in models.
I'm actually working on a heavyset character with what started as a Ninive 6 head, so you can go in different interesting directions with base figures.
All of those 7 characters... kinda of confusing....pointless tooFigures haven't been truly separate since gen3. That's a really long time ago. Gen4 was "unimesh" the main difference there was that the base was (paid) v4. With the advent of Genesis DAZ switched to a free base and the Victoria became a shape for the free base. Yes all the characters are no longer "figures" and just morphs, but that's a good thing. I tend to think of them more (especially the characters with less history) as a continuation of the elite textures, plus really excellent morphs. (Some will claim that the characters can be mimed by just dial spinning, as a fan of dials spinning that is not true the detail of things like the shape of the shoulder blades, to say nothing of the faces, are just impossible to do without a modelling program and a great deal of skill)Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?It was said that Michael 7 is a few months away. Whether or not that meand that G3M is that far off is subject to debate. If they follow the patter they did with G3F, then it's fairly likely.
As far as quality stuff for G3M... That's a different question.
The flagship models...Victoria and Michael, when they were the 'base' were always a few months a part. Nothing has really changed.
Except for Michael 4, who was 2 years after V4.
Any Previews for the Genesis 3 Males?It was said that Michael 7 is a few months away. Whether or not that meand that G3M is that far off is subject to debate. If they follow the patter they did with G3F, then it's fairly likely.
As far as quality stuff for G3M... That's a different question.
The flagship models...Victoria and Michael, when they were the 'base' were always a few months a part. Nothing has really changed.
Bethany 7Jpayne2014, that's a beautiful girl, I am fond of the base victoria 7 face better than any of the subsequent characters Daz has released for her. And as for the body, I have always been able to create various voluptuous body types with the Genesis Female Body Morphs. So I didn't see a need to create a fresh character built on that larger body before they started releasing ethnic skinned characters
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9Cheers, Stuart...will next try to get a reflection in the eye...might be interesting.
Question to anyone: The new Victoria 7 model is out for a while now, and wondering if full genitals is included?. No, I'm not some kind of 'perv', but would like to have said (genitals with Male version, too) available, as I've always felt not having them was somewhat limiting if wanting to experiment with, say, works in glamour, erotica...etc. Yes, I understand, the issue of DS being used by young people, or kids etc.,, and so such available options wouldn't be suitable, but, that said, DS seems to promote big-breasted, half-naked women anyway, so that's kinda a no-no, too, these days, but it's still there for kids to see. I've seen some full genital works the odd time in DeviantART that used DS, but wondered what models (Genesis 2, 3??) were used to create such works.
Jay
PS. DId life classes (naked live models etc.,) some time back, so you can see my interest.
The answer is yes, they are only in the Pro version though, not in the base figure packages,
NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6Coming up- a different look at Bethany.
1.) Replaced the materials with Summers.
2.) Made Surface Pane changes so far as the Base, Translucency, Metallic Flakes, etc. In other words, my own custom blend. So not "Summer" anymore.
Also darkened the iris color and the lip color via Surface Pane.
3.) Using body part sliders only (no People sliders, like dialing in Victoria 7, etc) made a custom character.
If you don't like the muddy-ruddy or orangey skins of Genesis 3, you can putz in Surfaces and create a wonderful spectrum of skin tones and sheen. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see what you can do with Bethany- what I like is the arms and legs. They have such a realistic weight added to them, and by reducing that massive bust and thinning the hips a bit, you get a gal that's solid without being busty. The thighs were toned and reduced slightly. What I was going for (and am very happy with) is a heavier figure that isn't a model, that has hips and a thicker waist, solid shoulders and legs, with meat on her bones!
I am running errands and this is currently rendering. I'll be back in about an hour- storms coming in so have to get out the door. (8:36am central time.)


















