Neena's Adventures (VAlzheimer)

valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 352
edited May 2018 in Art Studio

I did a lot of art for the past 4+ years or so (I started using Daz Studio in 2013 with the release of the first generation of Genesis) and there's been countless of artworks, some good and others not so good over time that I wouldn't want to poison anyone's eyes with, but I've started a certain trend in my works last year with forcing more of the toon style in opposition to my more realistic renderings. Not to go too far and wide with telling the history, one of the reasons I ever started 3D was because I loved the toony look and zbrush characters often seen in Carlos Ortega art and now numerous other artists, so naturally 3DUniverse and LadyLittlefox sparked that innitial will to start creating and having fun in the process.

So somewhere in falling uninspired with my existing rendering style in 2017, I felt the need to add some fun to my work and I have created the girl named Neena. Neena was originally made on Genesis 3 (and now exists on both Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Female for my personal use) starting with morphs such are ToonGenerations2, Star 2, Girl 7 and similar until she gained her first and then second, final shape. I also did some correctives to her face and body so she can take proper posing and clothes fitting now by sculpting her further in Blender, so this thread will be dedicated mostly to my images created with her :) 

Firstly called "TeenyToon Project 2017" with toony shape and big round glasses, she was imagined to be an adult with curves and everything, so not a teen, but rather maybe 20-something girly. You can see some of her renders in my gallery here at Daz: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/galleries/6237/ or by following Neena tag on my website: http://www.valzheimer.info/search/label/Neena and I will update the thread here too for those interested in following the story further ;) Ideas for new topics are as always welcome, as well as any comments and suggestions you may have. Main difference from her innitial shape shown in the first workin progress is that I made her somewhat chubbier for future rendering adding 30% heavy dial to the shape I started from.

So welcome to the fun house and hope you like ;)

teenytoonproject.png
1200 x 1577 - 2M
Post edited by valzheimer on

Comments

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 352

VA2017: Harvest Time - was the very first full render of Neena I did in Iray in November 2017:

Second to follow was "Dragon Keeper" where I decided for the chubby shape to get her to stand out some more:

"Tracer Girl" done as a homage to Overwatch's Tracer Girl (apparently) I started integrating Look At My Hair for the first time in my renders. Iray:

"Fishermen Elf" my rare take on fantasy theme, also Iray:

"Stop The Noise" was rendered in Iray, and that time I started making clothes for Neena in MD as well:

edited May 2018

Foward to 2018, I started using Neena some more and feeling more comfortable with her. "New Day" with which I went back towards Octane which I now use most of the time to produce images. 

"Rumba" and re-learning Octane shaders, getting used to manual posing of Neena for more dynamic, when you start using same characters over again you pretty much "get to know them" better and how their shape and face would behave with certain dials. Also at this point cats started showing up, and I tell you, my renders with cats are at least 30% more popular than the other renders I do. Cats rule the internet.

"Book worm" and quiet literal one at that, inspired y all things Lovecraft, also Octane

Last but not the least one of my favorites, "Guilty Pleasures" where Captain Charisma got a cameo as a waiter in the background:

...more to come, till another occasion ;)

V.

Post edited by valzheimer on
  • spuffyspuffy Posts: 238

I’m so pleased to see you doing this, I’ve loved all your work but Neena is my favourite.  I love toons too and have everything by 3D Universe, etc.  I just bought Thorne’s Lara to toon her and am quite pleased with the results so far, but she’s definitely missing the ultra cuteness that you achieve with  Neena.  I’m going to enjoy following this thread.

Claire

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 1,596

What an adorable character.  She has so many different looks that work very well on her.  Really love all the details in your renders.  

• What a great character, and I love the scenes. 

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 426

She is very personable.  I look forward to seeing more of her.  It's funny how different she looks without her glasses.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 930

I’ve been following your render over at DA for ages. I almost squealed out loud when I found this thread. I love Neena :-)

I’m finding myself being drawn to toons too, but being relatively new to Daz Studio I’m still a bit all over the place with all the goodies that are available. I’m looking forward to following this thread :-)

• Simply most adorable character ever!!  <3

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 5,493

This character is adorbs! Beautiful.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 825

Really wonderful works you've shared. Thank you. She's great! And your scenes are fantastic.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 281

Lovely character and you pose her so well with such natural expressions.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 408

I've been impressed at how well you do a believable toon.  That's really hard..  my hat is off to you!

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 323

Really great renders, and really expressive smiley

spuffy said:

I’m so pleased to see you doing this, I’ve loved all your work but Neena is my favourite.  I love toons too and have everything by 3D Universe, etc.  I just bought Thorne’s Lara to toon her and am quite pleased with the results so far, but she’s definitely missing the ultra cuteness that you achieve with  Neena.  I’m going to enjoy following this thread.

Claire

Thank you so much Claire! ^^

What an adorable character.  She has so many different looks that work very well on her.  Really love all the details in your renders.  

Thank you! I always loved rendering scenes that was always the most fun part for me to set up the compositions and details, so glad it shows :)

What a great character, and I love the scenes. 

Thank you! ^^

ItsCeo said:

She is very personable.  I look forward to seeing more of her.  It's funny how different she looks without her glasses.

Haha that is so very true about the glasses, I try adding them wherever it's possible, sometimes I leave them out but just because reflections on the glass don't look good all the time  :D

I’ve been following your render over at DA for ages. I almost squealed out loud when I found this thread. I love Neena :-)

I’m finding myself being drawn to toons too, but being relatively new to Daz Studio I’m still a bit all over the place with all the goodies that are available. I’m looking forward to following this thread :-)

Aw it's an honor to hear this really so welcome along here too, I will definitely try to be more disciplined with posting now on :D It takes some time to get a hang of it, but once you catch your wind it's very addictive ;)

Simply most adorable character ever!!  <3

*blushes* 

This character is adorbs! Beautiful.

Thank you so much Cris!! ^^

Wanderer said:

Really wonderful works you've shared. Thank you. She's great! And your scenes are fantastic.

Thank you! :) I have quiet a few more that I've already done form before so there's more to come ;)

themidget said:

Lovely character and you pose her so well with such natural expressions.

Thank you! ^^ She's very fun to play it, but I do accent when you start using one character more often posing and making expressions becomes lot more easier :)

I've been impressed at how well you do a believable toon.  That's really hard..  my hat is off to you!

Thank you so much! 

Noswen said:

Really great renders, and really expressive smiley

Thank you! ^^

It's really great to read all these comments, my humble thanks to everyone for this awesome support :D <3

V.

So to catch up with more already existing renders of Neena, this one was titled "Neverland" I was totally going for the tomboy-ish Peter Pan vibe, rendered in Iray:

"Daydream", one of two renders with Lady Littlefox's Jette Hair, rendered in Octane I was obsessing with sunset lighting and fur on the cat. Here on my cats would show up furry in renders:

2/2 with Jette, named, I know very creatively "Jette" lol. Very often I just want to use all things Stonemason and AeonSoul and catch that scifi feel. Octane render:

"Hippie Girl" and pajama pants and shirt I made in Marvelous Designer, most of my MD works are usually lots of learning in the process, how to texture how to blend them with DS and so on. Octane render again since unfortunately my Iray and laptop can't take exported fur from LAMH:

Titled "Spellcaster", I was totally just binging "Magicians" right before I did this one, rendered in Octane. Tip: I'm scaling these down for the thread as I post but originals are in 2400x3000px and similar size so you should be able to just right click if you want to see them full resolution:

"Roller Derby", once before I talked to Luthbelina something product related and she mentioned this outfit saying something along the lines "If Neena would wear rollers I would melt!" so her wish was granted :D <3 I remember the arena being lit all the way from the inside without outdoor lights but I was very pleased with the final output of lights even though it took longer to clear out:

"Sweet Hearts" around this one I was obsessing making floor rags from MD and then adding fur with LAMH, also more use of dForce and MD together:

"Eastern Dreams" with a bit of Alladin vibe, yes I get a lot of inspiration form Disney and cartoons ;)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 5,877

we need a "coffee table book" called "The Adventures of Neena" with little back stories to each pic. laugh

• spuffyspuffy Posts: 238
    edited May 2018
    jakiblue said:

we need a "coffee table book" called "The Adventures of Neena" with little back stories to each pic. laugh

I second that :-)

Post edited by spuffy on

Oh, this is just so good! I love the expressions on her face ... and her MD clothes, wow. I agree about the coffee table book laugh

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 281

The coffee table book is a great idea.  I love these characters so much.  They have so much personality.

jakiblue said:

Oh, this is just so good! I love the expressions on her face ... and her MD clothes, wow. I agree about the coffee table book laugh

spuffy said:
    jakiblue said:

I second that :-)

themidget said:

The coffee table book is a great idea.  I love these characters so much.  They have so much personality.

Haha that sounds awesome, I could definitely do that somewhere down the road when there's more Neena renders out there :D I have a few more older renders to post here before I'm up to date with current works, so I'll post them next few days :) 

V.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 323

More great work, the Sweet Hearts one is so cute smiley

More of the same--really great. Jette and Neverland are my absolute favorites. Keep going, please! And, yeah, that book idea is alright. 

Noswen said:

More great work, the Sweet Hearts one is so cute smiley

Wanderer said:

More of the same--really great. Jette and Neverland are my absolute favorites. Keep going, please! And, yeah, that book idea is alright. 

Thank you so much guys! :D I have one more batch before this thread gets up to date to where I'm now, so from then on I will post slower as I make new ones ;)

V.

Titled "Tadema" because the dress was named so, but Neena could as well be a Tadema, Goddess of cats and kittens ;) Octane render.

"VA2018: Goggles", rendered in Octane:

"VA2018: Afternoon Nap" :)

"VA2018: Summer Shift", another Octane:

And last one for this batch, I posted this one just the other day around my galeries. Titled "VA2018: Howdy" originally made for Elite Models 3D (all these images were actually artistic promos innitially), to show off the Littlefox's dForce Kinley hair:

With this one now I'm up to date ;) Have three more ready in the pipe (they're on my website), hopefully to be posted soon :)

V.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 10,860
    edited May 2018

I really like Neena and your thread demonstrates why I like toon characters because despite them all being Neena in my mind she is a diffirent character unique to the story told in the render each time you change her clothing or hair. Example, in the 1st post although Neena has no wrinkles and dyeing your have silver is in vogue now I think of her as an old women with that white hair, maybe Mrs Claus. And so on similarly for each of the succeeding Neena renders that you posted.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I love them all ... and it’s great looking for the cats :-). I particularly like the dreamy look to her smile in Goggles.

If you want to keep posting wonderful images like these, by all means, post them as quickly as you like. @Mollytabby is right. The cats are a nice touch.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 4,163

Oh what a nice surprise to have you posting your works here. Thanks a lot for showing us! I liek your character Neena, she's original and cute. I'd like to see more!