Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• indigen9indigen9 Posts: 0

Hi Guys,

My Name is Desmond. I am considering buying the decimator plugin, but i first need to know if the rigging on the character and shadding still work after decimating the mesh. In order words, will i still be able to animate my decimated mesh in daz studio without having to redo the rigging?

Thanks

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    indigen9 said:

Hi Guys,

My Name is Desmond. I am considering buying the decimator plugin, but i first need to know if the rigging on the character and shadding still work after decimating the mesh. In order words, will i still be able to animate my decimated mesh in daz studio without having to redo the rigging?

Thanks

Hi, Desmond! I don't have any information on the decimator plugin as I'm also new and haven't used it. But I just wanted to welcome you! WELCOME! I hope you find the information you need. :)

• indigen9 said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I've made almost no use of Decimator, but yes that si how it is designed to work - though you won't hae access to morphs added to the base figure post-decimation.

• viper3360viper3360 Posts: 7

Hello Daz 3D community!

Have been using Poser since it's conception, as well as Bryce 3D. Yes I'm older than dirt laugh.  I'm not a master of 3D art by any means, but enjoy working and creating with Daz 3D, and finally stopped procrastinating  on purchasing a Platinum Membership. Hopefully I can learn the techniques required to improve upon my creative skills from all the great artists within this community. At some point I hope to be able to contibute to other newbies what I have learned. Looking forward to picking your artistic brains and being able to breath new life to my creations and renders, and in seeing the the great creations done by others.

Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    viper3360 said:

Hello Daz 3D community!

Have been using Poser since it's conception, as well as Bryce 3D. Yes I'm older than dirt laugh.  I'm not a master of 3D art by any means, but enjoy working and creating with Daz 3D, and finally stopped procrastinating  on purchasing a Platinum Membership. Hopefully I can learn the techniques required to improve upon my creative skills from all the great artists within this community. At some point I hope to be able to contibute to other newbies what I have learned. Looking forward to picking your artistic brains and being able to breath new life to my creations and renders, and in seeing the the great creations done by others.

Thanks!

Hello, viper3360. I hope you enjoy the forums and Daz Studio. Be sure to check the freebies page http://www.daz3d.com/freebies now and then to see if there is anything available that you don't already have. smiley

• viper3360viper3360 Posts: 7

Thank you barbult! Already enjoy Daz Studio very much, and am sure I'll find the forum extremely helpful. I'll be sure to check out the freebie page.

viper3360 said:

Thank you barbult! Already enjoy Daz Studio very much, and am sure I'll find the forum extremely helpful. I'll be sure to check out the freebie page.

The forum search is not very good, but google works pretty well. Enter site:www.daz3d.com/forums followed by your search terms.

• Hello I am Vic. I work with a Mac. I play games. Amature 3D Artist. I enjoy most foods as long as they are not spicy. Not sure what else anyone wants to know. Other than that. the reason I wanted to get into the Forum was to find out of Daz (Brice 7 to be more specific) has a way to generate VR videos from objects or scenes created in that software? VR Software that runs on a website like using HTML 5, or Flash, etc. such that, if I load my work onto a website, anyone can view it without having to down load specialized software?

For example, if I were to create a castle or a Maze, could I make it into a VR object that the viewer can then rotate around to see all sides including top and bottom (if that is part of the design)?

Thanks,

Vic

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hello I am Vic. I work with a Mac. I play games. Amature 3D Artist. I enjoy most foods as long as they are not spicy. Not sure what else anyone wants to know. Other than that. the reason I wanted to get into the Forum was to find out of Daz (Brice 7 to be more specific) has a way to generate VR videos from objects or scenes created in that software? VR Software that runs on a website like using HTML 5, or Flash, etc. such that, if I load my work onto a website, anyone can view it without having to down load specialized software?

For example, if I were to create a castle or a Maze, could I make it into a VR object that the viewer can then rotate around to see all sides including top and bottom (if that is part of the design)?

Thanks,

Vic

Bryce 7 will not run on a Mac that is using an OS X higher than 10.6

• hello my name is cody. I have used blender before, but it was about 10 years ago. so im basically new at this stuff. i was wondering if i would be to animate using daz?

• festivalfestival Posts: 10

Hi, from France!

Great forum about DAZ3D, my favorite 3D software. I can't use nvidia render cause I've got an ATI radeon and it's definitely too slow . It woud be fantastic if ati card could be add in DAZ technology to render as fast as nvidia.

Thanks to all DAZ3D team and members for their talent and creativitysmiley

• pwmpwm Posts: 0

Hi I'm Pete.

Just started using DAZ in the last few day's. Mesed around with other drawing and Art software for the past 20 years or so but thought I'd try the real doud gear for a change. I'm retard due to bad health so I have a lot of time to get this working how it should be. (I Hope) From the looks of things this DAZ 3D is One of the best out there I realy hope I can grasp the tech side and Florish ! Hope to catch some of you on the Flip Chow for Now!

• bcrossbbcrossb Posts: 0

hi, name Bob,

i used to use daz long time ago, have an external hard drive with files i bought, etc. how do i get daz to search my exteranl drives for my stuff. and, is the a way i can get this info from the web site..

thank you, 

bob

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,397

Go into your content directory manager and add that path to the Daz Studio and Poser sections.

edited May 2016
    bcrossb said:

hi, name Bob,

i used to use daz long time ago, have an external hard drive with files i bought, etc. how do i get daz to search my exteranl drives for my stuff. and, is the a way i can get this info from the web site..

thank you, 

bob

Bob, Here's a picture of what frank0314 described. Click on the picture to see it full size.

Content Directory Manager.jpg
    1401 x 1015 - 578K
    Post edited by barbult on
    pwm said:

Hi I'm Pete.

Just started using DAZ in the last few day's. Mesed around with other drawing and Art software for the past 20 years or so but thought I'd try the real doud gear for a change. I'm retard due to bad health so I have a lot of time to get this working how it should be. (I Hope) From the looks of things this DAZ 3D is One of the best out there I realy hope I can grasp the tech side and Florish ! Hope to catch some of you on the Flip Chow for Now!

Welcome, Pete. I hope you have lots of fun with Daz Studio. You can find lots of help in the New User forums.

hello my name is cody. I have used blender before, but it was about 10 years ago. so im basically new at this stuff. i was wondering if i would be to animate using daz?

Hello, Cody. Daz does Studio does have some basic animation capability with the Timeline pane. For more animation capability, you can purchase some plugins in the store, like Animate, Keymate, and Graphmate. I recommend that you get comfortable with using Daz Studio before venturing into animation. smiley

Chohole said:

Hello I am Vic. I work with a Mac. I play games. Amature 3D Artist. I enjoy most foods as long as they are not spicy. Not sure what else anyone wants to know. Other than that. the reason I wanted to get into the Forum was to find out of Daz (Brice 7 to be more specific) has a way to generate VR videos from objects or scenes created in that software? VR Software that runs on a website like using HTML 5, or Flash, etc. such that, if I load my work onto a website, anyone can view it without having to down load specialized software?

Thanks,

Vic

Supposing that Victor has a Mac with a compatible operating system to run Bryce, can Bryce do the things he asks about? You are the resident Bryce, expert, Chohole, so I defer to you. wink

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:
    Chohole said:

Thanks,

Vic

Supposing that Victor has a Mac with a compatible operating system to run Bryce, can Bryce do the things he asks about? You are the resident Bryce, expert, Chohole, so I defer to you. wink

He would have to come ask on the Bryce forum, so one of our resident Animation experts could answer him. 

• danmoore1danmoore1 Posts: 0

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dan, new to Carrar but, have a fair amount of experience with Lightwave, Cinema 4D, Alias (before it became Maya) & True Space. Would like to correspond with a seasoned user soemwhere here in Southern Calif. Is there anyone out there?? Please let me know ([email protected]) Thanks in advance!

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• Hello. I'm Aaron and I'm new to Daz Studio of course. I got Daz because someone on Facebook is using it to create their own comic book so I figured I would give a try. I'm working on a screenplay and want to have a very visual storyboard to get my point across. I've tried hiring a freelancer or 2 or 3 but, they never follow through so I'm doing it myself. I hope to chat with you all soon in the forums. Favorite food is peanut butter.
  • Hi, my name is Rowan and i've actually been using Daz Studio since it came to version 1.0.0 in 2005.  But it is only in the  past year or so that i've had a computer good enough to do anything with it--it has a lot of ram, and a modern and good graphics card.  I also have the internet all the time now, whereas before it was always occasional and hit or miss.  I mostly use G2F and G3F, poor V4 has been so neglected, although G2F raids her closet at times.  I use Genesis 1 for monsters a lot.  I still have a lot to learn, but i've bought so many excellent tools and things that i feel i am makiing real progress now.  I think i will now stop lurking in the background and showing off things a bit, so i want to get acquainted.  

By the way, how do it import an avatar to my name/account, for forum posts?

Thanks everyone for making such a wonderful and creative tool as DS, it is truly excellent.

edited May 2016

Welcome, @danmoore1, @aaronleescribe, and @Rowan_Jedi_Knight.

Dan, try posting in the Carrara Discussion Forum. That will put you in direct contact with Carrara users.

Aaron, I like peanut butter, too. When we travel, I take a jar, in case I don't like the food in foreign places!

Rowan, you can change your avatar in 10 easy steps! cheeky Figuring it out on your own is a challenge. I haven't changed mine in a long time, but I think these diagrams will help. The forums have little gear icons in several places that give you access to various settings. Since there are several, you have to be careful to click the right one.

1 Change avatar..jpg
    1249 x 504 - 354K
    2 Change avatar.jpg
    1246 x 525 - 230K
    3 Change avatar.jpg
    1246 x 519 - 191K
    4 Change avatar.jpg
    1244 x 667 - 339K
    5 Change avatar.jpg
    1244 x 496 - 266K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Hello my name is Jim and I'm fairly new to Daz Studio 4 or 5 months. I'm 64 and doing this just for fun.  I do have a newbie problem. I have several expression sets from i13 aka ironman. and for some reason when i double click on an expression they don't load. Everything else seems to work fine. 

Hello my name is Jim and I'm fairly new to Daz Studio 4 or 5 months. I'm 64 and doing this just for fun.  I do have a newbie problem. I have several expression sets from i13 aka ironman. and for some reason when i double click on an expression they don't load. Everything else seems to work fine. 

Hi, Jim. I'm glad everything else is working for you. Many newbies have trouble getting started. It sounds like you are well on your way! smiley

Are you sure you are applying the I13 expressions to the character they were designed for? Which sets are you having trouble with, and which character are you trying to apply the expression to?

• SlothSloth Posts: 2

Hello, I am Sloth. I'm a long-time hobbyist writer who developed a love for the 3D arts through DeviantArt. I'm interested in getting into DAZ to see how it works, to have some fun with it and possibly make some renders to go with my stories, as well. 

Sloth said:

Hello, I am Sloth. I'm a long-time hobbyist writer who developed a love for the 3D arts through DeviantArt. I'm interested in getting into DAZ to see how it works, to have some fun with it and possibly make some renders to go with my stories, as well. 

Hello. I see the cute little sloth in your avatar. Welcome to the Daz forums.

• Hi  my name Thomas,
    i am From Germany near Frankfurt/Main 

and i want to fix a Railway simulation with DAZ 3D,
    my obby is my MAC RC Model and 3D Printing
    the best is if you can talk  German

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited May 2016

Hi  my name Thomas,
    i am From Germany near Frankfurt/Main 

and i want to fix a Railway simulation with DAZ 3D,
    my obby is my MAC RC Model and 3D Printing
    the best is if you can talk  German

Hallo Thomas, willkommen im DAZ Forum!

Wenn Du allgemeine Fragen hast, kannst Du diese gerne in der Selbhilfegruppe stellen: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35102/selbsthilfegruppe-daz-studio-beispiele-fragen-diskussion-und-sonstiges-gequatsche/p1

Für Fragen speziell zu DAZ Studio steht das Deutschsprachige FAQ zur Verfügung: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35040/haeufig-gestellte-fragen-faq-zu-daz-studio-uebersetzungen-fragen/p1

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • Hi i am ken. i am new to this daz3D. previously i was into 3D max and that was 10 years ago. I have stop working on it. i find it too complex.

Hope this is less complex then 3D max. so decided to give it a try. hope all the guru here can help.

i am interested in 3D render interior design.

thanks