Cool new UI

Greetings,

Interesting shift away from the greys into a defined color palette.  Several elements shrank slightly, but overall I find it cleaner.

I'm less a fan of the new logo, but I'll get used to it, I imagine. :)

--  Morgan

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066

Definitely not cool for all those who used the dark theme....

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    Leana said:

Definitely not cool for all those who used the dark theme....

Absolutely!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Don't like the new logo nearly as much as the old one.

AND OMG THE WHITE IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

Add me to the list of dark theme users in agony right now. Earth to Daz -- what do you think the Darkside theme is so popular with your advanced DAZ Studio users?? I will be reducing to minimal purchases till a dark theme returns.

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170

Yes, can we please add an option for a darker-toned version of the new theme? I find this one harder on my eyes.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

+1 on the dark theme! I don't understand why DAZ feels the need to constantly screw with things, there was nothing wrong with the dark theme and was far better than this eye searing white and light grey. Bring back the Dark theme please!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455

We've reported that the black theme is missing.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I am reading the foums wearing shades.   

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

Ironic that the top menu is dark. Salt on the wound! :(

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

I'm blinded...!!!!!

But have you seen DAZ3D's new logo? Stylized human head with color splash?

When I first saw the new logo as "DAZ Originals" symbol, I thought the old logo had become roadkill.... Only when I saw the colored one, I made the connection.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Love the new look but.........with the new look an item I bought yesterday is at 50% off today......thanks Daz again, first no coupon then this : D Such shenanigans!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Toyen said:

Love the new look but.........with the new look an item I bought yesterday is at 50% off today......thanks Daz again, first no coupon then this : D Such shenanigans!

You can always file a ticket, asking for a refund of the extra amount.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    Toyen said:

Send them a note you should be able to get them to give you back the difference.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2015

yeah dark theme please. This is gross :(

Though, I think the spacing might be a tad better than before. Need more time to review.

Not a fan of the logo or logotype.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

It might have been a glitch, because I just checked it and it is back at full price.

A minute ago it was at 50% off, strange!

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Love it too.

No problem with whites right now as my office get lots of light, maybe a problem by night.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,824

I don't like the white white white of this theme, but I have to say, the rework of the shopping cart, pulling information up to the top, is very nice.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I'm fine with the color scheme as is on the product pages, but I'm wishing the white and the tan were reversed on the forums.  I generally prefer lighter color schemes, but even for me the white is a bit much.

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

Not a fan — the previous dark theme was so much better. Please give us the option to go back to it...

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Not a fan of bright scheme, much prefer the black.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652

Yes, same here. I always had the light as preference but this one is really, really light. Please make it a bit darker? And return the dark scheme for the ones that prefer that one please?
    I don't know yet if I like the logo... I felt really comfortable when seeing the old logo... surprise

Thank you.

Love, Jeanne smiley

I'm fine with the color scheme as is on the product pages, but I'm wishing the white and the tan were reversed on the forums.  I generally prefer lighter color schemes, but even for me the white is a bit much.

• OcelianeOceliane Posts: 65

I love the new theme, and color sheme. It's still too early to say if I love or hate the new logo over the old one, but it is much more evocative than the old logo. At least it's not an infamy like the new ZeviantArt logo... cheeky

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

I am not sure if this qualifies as a bug. But, aside from the brilliantly snow-blinded pages; there is an issue with the image ribbon on the galleries when viewed on a tablet device. I have a Surface RT using IE (quiet in the back... no laughing... stop it I say!). The ribbon allowing image sorting (newest, My likes, Alphabetical ...) has two fields, Search Images and Search Artists. On my PC it loads as always, but on the Surface there are two humongous search buttons, at least 100px square. On a tablet screen this takes up half the viewable space. If I click on an image this vanishes, but returns when I reload the main gallery page. 

while the ZeviantArt logo is strange, the new Daz logo is also off putting. More so even. And the new font choice...ugh.

Since they are a web company they should have picked a logo that works well in the digital space. That logo falls apart when used as an icon.

I guess they are trying to rebrand themselves, but the store front will always tell the truth :) (a pair of panties would have made a more appropriate icon)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited August 2015
    lee_lhs said:

I'm blinded...!!!!!

But have you seen DAZ3D's new logo? Stylized human head with color splash?

When I first saw the new logo as "DAZ Originals" symbol, I thought the old logo had become roadkill.... Only when I saw the colored one, I made the connection.

I thought it was a hand!

Especially in the product silhouuettes - it's an angry hand puppet!

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Love the colorful new logo image — can't stand the light theme, mismatched typography, layout problems from overly small icons (the account icon is especially too small), and barebones search field.

Was this supposed to have gone live this weekend?

I didn't see this promo go up until Monday morning, celebrating the new face of Daz with "50% OFF These new releases all weekend long":
    http://www.daz3d.com/0821-new-face-of-daz

• There seems to be a glitch with check boxes and radio buttons that makes them very looooooooooong.  Also some of the text on the order page does not fit in the box.

If you add an item to the cart on the New Face of Daz promo page, it looks like the shopping cart icon disappears (dark gray icon on dark gray background).

• Kaleb242 said:

Love the colorful new logo image — can't stand the light theme, mismatched typography, layout problems from overly small icons (the account icon is especially too small), and barebones search field.

Was this supposed to have gone live this weekend?

I didn't see this promo go up until Monday morning, celebrating the new face of Daz with "50% OFF These new releases all weekend long":
    http://www.daz3d.com/0821-new-face-of-daz

Being fixed.  :)

can't check out. sad panda is sad.