Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Ok - I'm getting the idea now. I bought a new release and a GC which gives me 8% off any purchase while I have that store credit. Good enough.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    marble said:

Ok - I'm getting the idea now. I bought a new release and a GC which gives me 8% off any purchase while I have that store credit. Good enough.

And you can use that "extra" 8% even on sales where it says it does not combine with other discounts, like the fastgrab sales.

Thank you all ... I've learned something more today.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    marble said:

I chose four new interesting PC+ items that I would have purchased eventually, and considered the difference between their new cost and their eventual sale cost as a good price for a dollop of cheap DAZ money. It's (slightly less than) 20% off what I will spend here anyway. DAZ gets some cashflow by getting my money up front, and I get a discount. Trade, yay.

Damn - didn't realise that PC+ items would qualify as New Releases - they are usually excluded from offers.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308
    Tottallou said:

The problem with Gift cards for  me is that I get more tempted to buy stuff if its using store credit rather than Paypal so I am not sure I save anything when I buy a gift card - Havos & Ati have far more self control than I do :)

I probably don't have much better control, and the snag with a GC you mentioned is a real one. I am much better at resisting temptation when my store credit is near zero.

Havos said:
    Tottallou said:

The problem with Gift cards for  me is that I get more tempted to buy stuff if its using store credit rather than Paypal so I am not sure I save anything when I buy a gift card - Havos & Ati have far more self control than I do :)

I probably don't have much better control, and the snag with a GC you mentioned is a real one. I am much better at resisting temptation when my store credit is near zero.

Same here... :) Although... I still haven't spent the giftcard I bought yesterday... :))))))

I am actually more careful with discounted store credit. It's a bit like having some magic wishes that you don't want to squander on frivolous things.

• CZCZ Posts: 160
    marble said:

I can never understand the fuss about Gift Card sales. Maybe because I don't know anyone personally who uses DAZ products and I can't think of a reason for buying myself a gift card. And the sale discounts are always so low - I mean, 4% is hardly a game changer is it? I'd rather wait until my wishlisted item is included in an inevitable sale.

I always use gift cards myself. It is much cheaper for me to pay just one time the exchange fee for one big puchase with credit card, than everyday small amounts when I buy something in the store. I also try to buy the cards when the exchange rate is good. Adding the discounts, it saves me a lot of money, that I can spend on even more items froms the store.

CZ said:
    marble said:

I can never understand the fuss about Gift Card sales. Maybe because I don't know anyone personally who uses DAZ products and I can't think of a reason for buying myself a gift card. And the sale discounts are always so low - I mean, 4% is hardly a game changer is it? I'd rather wait until my wishlisted item is included in an inevitable sale.

I always use gift cards myself. It is much cheaper for me to pay just one time the exchange fee for one big puchase with credit card, than everyday small amounts when I buy something in the store. I also try to buy the cards when the exchange rate is good. Adding the discounts, it saves me a lot of money, that I can spend on even more items froms the store.

Very good point. The exchange rate (GBP) is very poor right now.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

I just bought a gift card using the new pc+ items and paid for the whole lot for less than the price on the card so not only saved on the card the items were free yes

Anybody in the UK shouldn't use Paypal to pay. I use my Nationwide Direct Debit card and get a better rate than when using PayPal which is a lot higher. Even their Euro rate is higher.

Another reason for keeping some store credit in reserve is to grab a PC+ membership when a max discount offer comes up. The new membership period starts when the current one expires (so I've read on here).

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373

Can't argue with the math, the current gift card promotion   is one of those offers you can't refuse.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

If you buy PC+ memberships with Store credit you don't run into the problems of having to cancel at Daz3d AND Paypal when you want it to stop.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Another reason for GC/Store Credit: The additional rebate is only "payed" by DAZ and not half of it  subtracted from what the PAs get. (that at least what i think, can someone confirm this)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I like gift cards to manage a monthly budget. Also, many banks poop themselves if you make, say, a dozen small value transactions. Instead, better to do a single larger transaction for effective store credit and pay from there.

Ok already! I'm convinced ... I even bought one ;)

New items in fastgrab.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

And nice Stuff. 4 out of 5 in the Cart

Renomista said:

And nice Stuff. 4 out of 5 in the Cart

Yeah, if you need the 5th, you can wait a little longer, we've seen 85% off sales for Dreamlight in the past. :)

New stuff in fastgrab.

A bit crap today. ;-)

A bit crap today. ;-)

Themed fastgrab? :D

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    edited May 2016

I had to buy the porta potty. How could you not get something so hilarious?

Render here.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    barbult said:

I had to buy the porta potty. How could you not get something so hilarious?

Render here.

I have had the porta potty on my wishlist since it was released.  Finally got it.

And so true @barbult

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641
    edited May 2016
    marble said:
    CZ said:
    marble said:

Very good point. The exchange rate (GBP) is very poor right now.

Exchange rate fluctuation can work both ways. The benefit of one time investment could be realized only if your bank or CC company charges any minimum fees for each foreign curreny conversion. Otherwise, for pro-rated conversion charges I do not see any difference between making a advance down payment than paying for individual transactions using CC or Paypal - the net charges remain the same.

Since GC sales in the range of 12-16% have been common every 4-6 weeks in the recent past, I prefer to invest only the amount I am willing to spend during this period. The current 20% on GC becomes effefctively 16% (edit: for a $200 GC) when one considers the price of atleast 4 PC+ items required for it.

The only way I see to get more value from the relatively 16% off GC sale is if one has a few newly release items in their wishlist for which they are willing to pay new release prices and cannot wait for them to be on deep disount sale.

Post edited by mrinal on
    edited May 2016

Ooh, changes...

Relax and Sleep is gone and replaced with

http://www.daz3d.com/studio-poses

Post edited by Peter Fulford on

Luthbel's Way of the Samurai is straight in the cart.

Interesting comparison with Wise Sensei. Things have progressed.

New stuff in fastgrab.

This discussion has been closed.