2015 Holiday - PA giveaway

Comments

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2015

Thank you for all your comments, I'm happy this one is so welcome. For those of you who had not the chance to get the 2 other toys (and because some asked me), they should be soon again available at www.3djoji.com (christmas item and give away) for a little time too.

00-main-tanky-daz3D.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 974K
    3Dj-Wheely-Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 436K
    Post edited by 3djoji on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Super cute 3djoji!  And thank you!

• Thank you 3djoji! I love your characters.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited December 2015

I just got home from traveling and had a chance to try the IG Iray Essentials for Stephanie 6. I'm confused by the inconsistency in the SSS settings for the skin materials. Here is an example:

When I apply the "IG Iray !Stephanie 6 Iray MAT" material and look at the surface settings for the Face, it sets:

• Transmitted Measurement Distance 10.0
    • Scattering Measurement Distance 0.1
    • SSS Amount 0.5
    • SSS direction 0.5

When I apply "IG Iray Stephanie Iray Face 1", it sets:

• Transmitted Measurement Distance 2.0
    • Scattering Measurement Distance 0.5
    • SSS Amount 0.3
    • SSS direction to -0.5 (negative, the other one was positive)

Translucency color is also different. I'm not sure what all is different, but these are things I noticed with a quick look. Is there a reason for this inconsistency, or is it an error?

Edited to add: From what I can tell from Mec4D and Sickleyield and various other Iray skin setting references on the Internet, the consensus for SSS direction for human skin is -0.5, so it would seem that the settings for the separate faces are closer to correct than the settings for the overall skin.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I just got home from traveling and had a chance to try the IG Iray Essentials for Stephanie 6. I'm confused by the inconsistency in the SSS settings for the skin materials. Here is an example:

When I apply the "IG Iray !Stephanie 6 Iray MAT" material and look at the surface settings for the Face, it sets:

• Transmitted Measurement Distance 10.0
    • Scattering Measurement Distance 0.1
    • SSS Amount 0.5
    • SSS direction 0.5

When I apply "IG Iray Stephanie Iray Face 1", it sets:

• Transmitted Measurement Distance 2.0
    • Scattering Measurement Distance 0.5
    • SSS Amount 0.3
    • SSS direction to -0.5 (negative, the other one was positive)

Translucency color is also different. I'm not sure what all is different, but these are things I noticed with a quick look. Is there a reason for this inconsistency, or is it an error?

Edited to add: From what I can tell from Mec4D and Sickleyield and various other Iray skin setting references on the Internet, the consensus for SSS direction for human skin is -0.5, so it would seem that the settings for the separate faces are closer to correct than the settings for the overall skin.

Well, thats embarrassing. Looks like I might have uploaded an older version of these when I sent them to Daz. While uploading 12 separate packages I must have screwed up and accessed the wrong directory. The faces/lips materials on some of these (and the male gens) have the wrong settings. The characters and full material presets are as they should be. Quick fix is to apply the face or lip material and then Ctrl-click on the full material set and tell it to retain the maps. That will get you the right makeup maps loaded up with the right settings. With these being temporary freebies Daz isn't going to do anything to fix these but I'll figure out something to get the right versions out to the people who want them as soon as I figure out where to and host them.

As to what the settings actually are: the character and full material presets have what I think is right. This isn't the time or place for a discussion on skin settings or what you, I or anyone else believes is right or wrong.

Happy Holidays

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

day 15 - IG Iray Essentials - Monique 6 by InaneGlory

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Thank you all kind vendors for their gifts!

BTW, When I`m trying skin settings I just ignore everything that should be wise and correct and just go like this until I find something decent looking:

Can`t wait to try the Darius Essentials! :D

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

The main difference between the essentials seems to be translucency and transmitted color.

Personally, I just saved one of the pinker skins without texture maps as a shader preset and called it a day -- I can ctrl-click it on to just about any skin (any generation) and get a pretty good result.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    Hellboy said:

Thank you all kind vendors for their gifts!

BTW, When I`m trying skin settings I just ignore everything that should be wise and correct and just go like this until I find something decent looking:

Can`t wait to try the Darius Essentials! :D

I see you found headquarters lol ...

• Thank you to all the vendors and happy holidays!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

day 16 - DA Bar Stool  by  Design Anvil

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

I just found this thread... whew... better late than never I guess....

A.. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.. Thank you to all the PAs for their wonderful gifts.  I can't use all of them (yet)... But I'm grabbing them anyway.  :)  Hopefully next year I will have enough knowledge making things to be able to contribute to the give away also ;)  Fingers crossed!  GROUP HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HAPPY HOLIDAYzzz!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169
    edited December 2015

Thank you for the continuing goodies.

Here's Springy meeting the gang...

and a few IG Iray Essentials folk having a beach-based Christmas.

(I'd have added the rest of the Genesis 2 people, but my graphics card only just managed this much)

New-Boy.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 416K
    Beach-Christmas.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 400K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Thank you Design Anvil, will sure be able to use the bar stool. And Aave- Beautiful as usual!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752

Will there be a catch up day?  I cannot remember if I got everything especially the leg lamp.

• Will there be a catch up day?  I cannot remember if I got everything especially the leg lamp.

Doesn't your order history or Product Library tell you that?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 2015

image Day 19 - http://www.daz3d.com/cp-winter-circlet  

From me to all of you...Happy Holidays!  :)  ~Cris

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Thanks Cris, looks super.   Happy holidays to you too.

Thank you to the PA'ss for the latest freebies - I can't keep up so here's one from two days ago in use:

MeriMay-Dancer.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 338K
    edited December 2015
    MelanieL said:

Thank you to the PA'ss for the latest freebies - I can't keep up so here's one from two days ago in use:

Lovely! I don't have the dress product, so I won't be able to use that texture, but your render looks wonderful.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 2015
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Lovely! I don't have the dress product, so I won't be able to use that texture, but your render looks wonderful.

Do you have the G2F version? (It was on a great offer for Aave Nainen's birthday back in May) If you do, try this...they seem to share textures. ETA: It's a great dress so worth wishllisting at least.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

Do you have the G2F version? (It was on a great offer for Aave Nainen's birthday back in May) If you do, try this...they seem to share textures. ETA: It's a great dress so worth wishllisting at least.

No, I don't have it. I remember that offer, but I didn't buy it. I think I was trying to be fiscally responsible at the time and thought I had enough dresses!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

No, I don't have it. I remember that offer, but I didn't buy it. I think I was trying to be fiscally responsible at the time and thought I had enough dresses!

Being fiscally responsible means grabbing ... ehm ... putting ... freebies into the cart as fast as possible. IMHO

Thank you to all the artists who contributed to this event!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752
    edited December 2015

Will there be a catch up day?  I cannot remember if I got everything especially the leg lamp.

Doesn't your order history or Product Library tell you that?

I can check that now.

Edit I do have the leg lamp

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Thank you for all the nice Giveaways! yes

I missed the first two gifts, what makes me sad, but maybe they come again once? *hope* angel

Have a nice time! :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Have to say thank you again, for all the wonderful goodies!  And just because I don't have the item the freebie textures go to does not mean I won't have them in the future. sooo, I have no problem adding them to my runtimel lol.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617

...passed on only two as I do not have the clothing content.