Now that's Fine Print!

Comments

• lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
    edited December 2015

Now this is a punch...takes a man to take one

Post edited by lenwilder on
  • cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505

Well,I'm Adding my name to the "likely to pass on this" list. As my content library has swelled to over 1300 Daz purchased items, some other purchased items, ans an uncounted amount of Freebies, there is little I "need" or "must have"... How many 2 piece bikinis, pairs of jeans, shorts, or tank tops do I need anyways... so I can afford to be choosey.

Daz has basically set the common sale price at 60%. when they do a buy "X" to get "Y" off of such and such items, I check to make sure my total is greater than 60% off... Sometimes it is easy... the recent 80% off M4V4 items was pretty plain to see, as it took a $2.00 purchase to activate the sale... even if I didn't want that texture for grantha hall suit, which I did want, it was still a lot of savings, especially as it worked on PC+ items...

However, overall, I find many of the buy "X" to get "Y" sales to be no better in the long run than if I wait for a flash sale... and I rarely find that punch sales save me anything in the end... However, I can see how for some they can be "fun", but this one is far more complicated than I calculate the savings to, in the end I might save a bunch, or I might not... but simply not worth the risk for me... 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

This punch sale, like most of the others, is of greatest benefit to people that buy a lot of new releases. Since I want to top up my store credit, I am tempted to get at least the PC+ item, since that is $3.49 and saves me $4 on a $200 gift card.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Havos said:

This punch sale, like most of the others, is of greatest benefit to people that buy a lot of new releases. Since I want to top up my store credit, I am tempted to get at least the PC+ item, since that is $3.49 and saves me $4 on a $200 gift card.

Even without buying anything, you can save 10% off a $201 gift card today.

Ati said:
    Havos said:

Indeed, which is why I am pondering over it. Just with the punch the GC saving is 12%, ie an extra $4 so less than the cost of the punch

edited December 2015
    Havos said:
    Ati said:
    Havos said:

Indeed, which is why I am pondering over it. Just with the punch the GC saving is 12%, ie an extra $4 so less than the cost of the punch

Oh, that gets added to it?

Post edited by Ati on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201

DAZ,

I know it's a hard thing to do, but you really need to sit down and have a talk with the person setting up all those sale pages. They're almost always initially wrong, incomplete, unreadable etc. They need to start doing a better job, it's inconvenient and disrespectful to your customers and makes the entire company look bad. You're doing a lot of things well, but this part of the company really doesn't feel very professional.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505
    Barubary said:

DAZ,

I know it's a hard thing to do, but you really need to sit down and have a talk with the person setting up all those sale pages. They're almost always initially wrong, incomplete, unreadable etc. They need to start doing a better job, it's inconvenient and disrespectful to your customers and makes the entire company look bad. You're doing a lot of things well, but this part of the company really doesn't feel very professional.

I will agree with this... Convoluted sales aside, they should work and be worded properly... too many sales are simply badly worded (to the point I wonder if the writer is using Google Translate), and the fact many sales are bugged from the get go... it really doesn't look good.

Ati said:
    Havos said:
    Ati said:
    Havos said:

I assume so, but I have not tried it yet.

Havos said:
    Ati said:
    Havos said:
    Ati said:
    Havos said:

I assume so, but I have not tried it yet.

I was wondering why Daz has this sale now, when you can earn GC discounts with the punches. It makes sense if they add up. To be honest, I did not even think of that.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Punch discounts and the extra GC discounts stack, but I'm not quite sure how. I'll admit I went a on a bit of a spending spree and earned me 5 punches. That's 10% on gift cards. Buying a $201+ also gives 10% but on my checkout page the total discount is 19%  and not 20. Anyone know what's going on?

isidorn said:

Punch discounts and the extra GC discounts stack, but I'm not quite sure how. I'll admit I went a on a bit of a spending spree and earned me 5 punches. That's 10% on gift cards. Buying a $201+ also gives 10% but on my checkout page the total discount is 19%  and not 20. Anyone know what's going on?

200*90% = 180

180*90% = 162

That's a total of 19%. That seems to be the usual way of stacking.

19% discount on giftcards is not bad at all :)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    Ati said:

19% discount on giftcards is not bad at all :)

Not bad at all and thanks for explaining the math. yes

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 2015

Beware the Bonus discount for today is calculated after punch discounts are applied.  As an example, a $200 gift card - 10% (5) punch discount = $180  The Bonus discount  will fall into the 8% tier discount for a net net total of $165.60  (total savings $34.40)

If you are aiming for the full 10% bonus discount, bump the gift card to $222 $223 which qualifies for the maximum 10% Bonus discount for a net total of = $180.63 (total savings $41.37)

Edit: Corrected $222 to $223

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Thanks for catching that!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Man. If today was the day I normally get gift cards... gd it.

Maybe I'll just stop getting gift cards until there's a sale. Hmm.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Man. If today was the day I normally get gift cards... gd it.

Maybe I'll just stop getting gift cards until there's a sale. Hmm.

Next Tuesday for me! (Or technically Monday depending on timezones, etc.) I'm hoping to be able to buy another new PC+ or at least cheap punch item before the Tuesday night reset so that I can get 4% off my gift card purchasing!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

You know, asked wifey if I could jump on the sale now, she said yes...

And realize that while I want to get the flat 10% off, I'm not going to bother with punches -- I'd be 'saving $10' by buying $50 of stuff I don't really want. Nuts to that.

But hey, flat off is flat off.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2015

There is a notice that gift cards are currently on sale check the banner. "Extra Holiday Savings"

Nicely done DAZ store! I really appreciate it. I'd rather buy in credit through the month than charge dribs and drabs.

Regarding returns I think it is entirely neccessary. Not everyone's machine is the same or needs are the same, and not being able to see an asset before buying is a problem. Promo art does not always show everything, and sometimes textures are only for one engine, making it tough to gauge what it will look like.

I buy enough at DAZ store to not feel bad when I have to return something. Just returned an item I would otherwise really want because whenever I rendered it, 3delight crashed. No way for me to figure out why, and I really wanted it.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    lenwilder said:

..cool.  She should get 90% off for that one.

• Like others, my new policy is to opt out of complicated punch sales.  I shall check the store, yes.  But I'm not playing this reindeer game.  Saving my money for a Vue license, and more often than not, complicated punch sales only tend to drain the wallet.

• kyoto kid said:
    lenwilder said:

..cool.  She should get 90% off for that one.

Um..not so cool if it was unprovoked.  Brain damage, blindness, and even death can result from this, no matter who throws the punch.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

All I had to see was the word "punch" and I opted out.

Likewise - hate punch sales. Buy crap I don't want to get something I do, that will eventually come up on a different offer.

So - if I've deciphered this correctly - if I manage to rack up 5 punches between now and whatever day the week actually ends on, I can get a discount of 58% on the oldest content from the handful of PAs Daz put on sale (who may or may not be ones I want to buy from), and lower discounts on their newer stuff. But we've already had discounts of 55% and then 60% on the *whole store* over the last two days, so that's not much of an incentive. If I wanted it and could afford it, I've already bought it. The 70% off random products "of 2015" is nice, but not worth buying 5 new products a week for. All in all a meh sale. I won't be buying much. The only good news is the Christmas freebies are back. So thanks Lyoness and thanks in advance to the other PAs taking part.

Agree, on the thank you for the freebies.

• Just a heads up. The current sale terms have absolutely nothing about punches rolling over.

edited December 2015

Punches and Cards polka, done by the hello kitty crew

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.  Jes' fer fun

• Interesting note on the "ya can't please them all" thread :)

We just ran a big sale for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.  So let's go through the options to follow that up with:

1- Run a sale with smaller discounts, or none at all. Result: Everyone is upset and doesn't buy.

2- Contionue the same sale. Result: The sale gets stale.  It's not exciting.  No reason to act upon it.  Result: In short order, no one is buying.

3- Run a better sale.  Result: Everyone is furious because they just bought stuff. 

4- Run a sale that is not as good, but gives people the ability to make it even better.  (which is basically what a punch card does).  Result (thus far): It appears to work.

So, while it may be easy to point out what you don't want, it is sometimes harder to point out what people do want.

Note: The poits made here about getting sales terms right the first time, and not correcting things over the first few days are absolutely vaild anbd I agree and apologize.

Love ya all :)

edited December 2015
    DAZ_Steve said:

Interesting note on the "ya can't please them all" thread :)

We just ran a big sale for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.  So let's go through the options to follow that up with:

1- Run a sale with smaller discounts, or none at all. Result: Everyone is upset and doesn't buy.

2- Contionue the same sale. Result: The sale gets stale.  It's not exciting.  No reason to act upon it.  Result: In short order, no one is buying.

3- Run a better sale.  Result: Everyone is furious because they just bought stuff. 

4- Run a sale that is not as good, but gives people the ability to make it even better.  (which is basically what a punch card does).  Result (thus far): It appears to work.

So, while it may be easy to point out what you don't want, it is sometimes harder to point out what people do want.

Note: The poits made here about getting sales terms right the first time, and not correcting things over the first few days are absolutely vaild anbd I agree and apologize.

Love ya all :)

Buy something you don't need or want at a semi-reduced price to buy something you do want at a reduced price.

Did I just say that? Sounds like doubletalk.

I don't have time to browse through thousands of content items, then make a best choice for something I can't use to particpate in the sale.

I'm still not finished unitl I have done  the math to determine what I am paying.

I am sure if these sales were not popular Daz3d would cease the practice.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited December 2015

I finally figured out why I didn't understand the whole punch thing when this sale first started. Is it meant to be called a "punchcard sale"? Because it's called a "punchard sale" and I saw it again today and was confused all over again. I was sure "Punchard" was the easter bunny wearing character in the banner that people are meant to want to punch 'ard.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • lx said:

I finally figured out why I didn't understand the whole punch thing when this sale first started. Is it meant to be called a "punchcard sale"? Because it's called a "punchard sale" and I saw it again today and was confused all over again. I was sure "Punchard" was the easter bunny wearing character in the banner that people are meant to want to punch 'ard.

Where did you see this?