LuxusCore Carrara

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited September 2015

The more I play with it, the more I like it.

Anyway, I have a few more questions :

Is it possible to create an EXR output using Luxcore ?

If not, is it possible to export a LXS file to render using Luxrender ? (I have Luxus , but I would have to change all the materials).

Is emission plugged in ? I did some tests and I can't really see the result. Maybe I'm using wrong settings (I've checked the normal, so it's not the issue).

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited September 2015

Don't have the dragon 3, but I tried the Ready to Render scene "dragon slayer" and it worked.
    Quality is bad because the light rig is made for Daz studio, but till getting a render without any modification to the original scene means that Luxuscore is good at translating the materials.

dragon.png
    810 x 559 - 761K
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited September 2015
    Philemo said:

If not, is it possible to export a LXS file to render using Luxrender ? (I have Luxus , but I would have to change all the materials).

Is emission plugged in ? I did some tests and I can't really see the result. Maybe I'm using wrong settings (I've checked the normal, so it's not the issue).

With the last build no, but with this new build YES.

- http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win64/LuxusCore.zip

You will need to put something like the following in the config section:

batch.periodicsave=15
    film.outputs.1.type=RGB
    film.outputs.1.filename=image.exr

This means every 15 seconds write an RGB image with filename image.exr. The file will apear in the extension folder.  You can specify a path such as C:/Users/Spheric/Documents/image.exr

You could also do stuff like write an HDR and a tonemapped png with

batch.periodicsave=15
    film.outputs.1.type=RGB
    film.outputs.1.filename=image.hdr
    film.outputs.2.type=RGB_TONEMAPPED
    film.outputs.2.filename=image.png

types can be: RGB, RGBA, RGB_TONEMAPPED, RGBA_TONEMAPPED, ALPHA, DEPTH, POSITION, GEOMETRY_NORMAL, SHADING_NORMAL, MATERIAL_ID, DIRECT_DIFFUSE, DIRECT_GLOSSY, EMISSION, INDIRECT_DIFFUSE, INDIRECT_GLOSSY, INDIRECT_SPECULAR, MATERIAL_ID_MASK, DIRECT_SHADOW_MASK, INDIRECT_SHADOW_MASK, RADIANCE_GROUP, UV, RAYCOUNT, BY_MATERIAL_ID, and IRRADIANCE

Post edited by SphericLabs on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Thanks for the new version.

Any update on when a GUI will be added or what other features are planned next?

Thanks again!

• That's great news.

So, to make it short,  now:

• I can create HDR background (or Luxcore infinite light) using the spherical camera
    • I can use an external program (like picturenaut) to tonemap my render.
    • I have multipass capabilities with Luxcore
    • I can have periodic saving of the render (two days ago, Windows decided on its own to reboot my computer near the end of a long render to install a new update).

You're really making something of it. I don't want to re-ignite some threads, but I think that's people like you who'll make Carrara stay alive a little longer.

Thank you for that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    3drendero said:

Don't have the dragon 3, but I tried the Ready to Render scene "dragon slayer" and it worked.
    Quality is bad because the light rig is made for Daz studio, but till getting a render without any modification to the original scene means that Luxuscore is good at translating the materials.

Thanks.

:)

• Philemo said:

With the last build no, but with this new build YES.

- http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win64/LuxusCore.zip

You will need to put something like the following in the config section:

batch.periodicsave=15
    film.outputs.1.type=RGB
    film.outputs.1.filename=image.exr

This means every 15 seconds write an RGB image with filename image.exr. The file will apear in the extension folder.  You can specify a path such as C:/Users/Spheric/Documents/image.exr

You could also do stuff like write an HDR and a tonemapped png with

batch.periodicsave=15
    film.outputs.1.type=RGB
    film.outputs.1.filename=image.hdr
    film.outputs.2.type=RGB_TONEMAPPED
    film.outputs.2.filename=image.png

types can be: RGB, RGBA, RGB_TONEMAPPED, RGBA_TONEMAPPED, ALPHA, DEPTH, POSITION, GEOMETRY_NORMAL, SHADING_NORMAL, MATERIAL_ID, DIRECT_DIFFUSE, DIRECT_GLOSSY, EMISSION, INDIRECT_DIFFUSE, INDIRECT_GLOSSY, INDIRECT_SPECULAR, MATERIAL_ID_MASK, DIRECT_SHADOW_MASK, INDIRECT_SHADOW_MASK, RADIANCE_GROUP, UV, RAYCOUNT, BY_MATERIAL_ID, and IRRADIANCE

These are game changers and something I have long wanted to be possible! Thank you for all the great work you are doing!

• YofielYofiel Posts: 204

Great stuff. FYI, tried to add alpha channel as described for luxus:

luxcore toplevel shader ->
      luxcore mix​ ->
          material 1 -> luxcore matte
              color -> luxcore color​
          material 2 -> luxcore null
          amount-> texture map

​​Upon selecting texture map, carrara crashes.​ 

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

This is exciting to see. Will it support the rendering of tree leaves and particle effects/Carrara hair?  If it dose that - take my money now, lol. Is there a list of features it will have?

Is there an eta from release on this plugin?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    It won't do Carrara's hair.
    edited October 2015

But it does do volumetric lighting prop[erly :)

Maybe I am using the wrong fileformat for the image map. Are TIFFs ok?

Post edited by Yofiel on
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited October 2015

I'm testing this, and it looks nice and all...

Problem I'm having with it: I cannot render image maps, it freezes up Carrara every single time, if I put just a regular color thing in diffuse channel it works, anybody have problem like that ? smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on

Yes, that is what I am finding. i tried putting all the image maps in external compressed tiffs (pcbyte ordering) which is the Collada default format, and I still have the same problem with image maps. 

edited October 2015

So, does anybody have any idea what Lux shaders are actually working in this latest version, I cannot render glass objects properly in GPU mode (maybe i'm doing something wrong, lol) ? smiley

For some reason test scene (with cube and sphere) renders completely black crying When I switch to CPU it works, wierd sad

• all i can get is multiple 1's on the screen this is the same thing i get before it goes to lux render in luxus original but it never goes any further in core

Doc7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 49K
  • all i can get is multiple 1's on the screen this is the same thing i get before it goes to lux render in luxus original but it never goes any further in core

well that or solid black screen that never does anything

• evilkooladeevilkoolade Posts: 114
    edited October 2015

Ok i loaded a preset and changed nothing but the renderer to core and it works fine but if i change a shader or light it renders black again i have run luxmark and my system should be bad ass at rendering with luxcore but all i seem to be getting is frustration. I was rendering in luxus/luxrender proper earlier and a single frame takes way too long I need this to work in earlier versions i had it working and did an animation that was amazing now i can't do a static image.

Post edited by evilkoolade on
  • Ok i loaded a preset and changed nothing but the renderer to core and it works fine but if i change a shader or light it renders black again i have run luxmark and my system should be bad ass at rendering with luxcore but all i seem to be getting is frustration. I was rendering in luxus/luxrender proper earlier and a single frame takes way too long I need this to work in earlier versions i had it working and did an animation that was amazing now i can't do a static image.

i see now its the image map thing other people have mentioned but it wont render emisive shaders either

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

I wish this had the support that Reality has.

edited October 2015

Not sure what the problem is.  Do simple scenes work?

Sometimes its is helpful to see things setup. Here are 4 images that show:

1) png image map

2) tiff image map

3) Glass

4) Emission

ss1.png
    1358 x 1026 - 435K
    ss2.png
    1298 x 1028 - 447K
    ss3.png
    1374 x 1019 - 529K
    ss4.png
    1365 x 1026 - 391K
    edited November 2015

Hi Spheric.

Yep, that is how glass surface was set in your test scene (i changed nothing in it), I just hit render and that's it, in CPU mode works fine, but in GPU entire scene renders black, other surfaces I tested work fine in GPU mode (architectual glass, for example) as long as, of course, ALL textures are saved externally.

I also have problem with bump/normal mapping, how we actually define intensity of bump mapping in Lux ?

Another thing, does Gamma slider works for LuxCore Infinite light ?

Here is a GPU render of a very simple test scene of mine with LuxCore CarPaint material, when I switch it to LuxCore Glass material (which is set up exactly like in your example above), it fails again, renders all black, it works in CPU mode though sad

HilbertLux.jpg
    1399 x 769 - 421K
    edited November 2015

Try adjusting the roughness(U and V) to 0.01.  Make it so they are not zero. 

edited November 2015

Thank you for reporting your check on image formats. Are you using a PC or MAC byte ordering for the TIFFs, and are you using image compression for them?

The images you shared are not openable at higher resolution for some reason. 

Post edited by Yofiel on
  • For those having trouble rendering using thier GPU (black screen at 0.0 s/s), try the following config in the render room "Config Settings" box:

renderengine.type = "PATHOCL"
    opencl.platform.index = "-1"
    opencl.cpu.use = 0
    opencl.gpu.use = 1
    opencl.gpu.workgroup.size = "64"
    accelerator.instances.enable = "0"
    opencl.kernel.options = "-cl-fast-relaxed-math -cl-mad-enable -cl-no-signed-zeros"

To render with both CPU and CPU change the opencl.cpu.use value to 1.

• For those having trouble rendering using thier GPU (black screen at 0.0 s/s), try the following config in the render room "Config Settings" box:

opencl.cpu.use = 0
    opencl.gpu.use = 1
    opencl.kernel.options = "-cl-fast-relaxed-math -cl-mad-enable -cl-no-signed-zeros"

Well, that worked, thanks, have no idea why, only problem is the last line of code : opencl.kernel.options = "-cl-fast-relaxed-math -cl-mad-enable -cl-no-signed-zeros".

It crashes Carrara, have no idea why as well sad

opencl.cpu.use = 0
    opencl.gpu.use = 1

Well, that worked, thanks, have no idea why, only problem is the last line of code : opencl.kernel.options = "-cl-fast-relaxed-math -cl-mad-enable -cl-no-signed-zeros".

It crashes Carrara, have no idea why as well sad

I pulled that all from the LuxMark config (which was rendering on my GPU perfectly) so that last line may not even be necessary. If it renders without I'd just leave it off.

• Thanks stringtheory9, Here is the image I was working on smiley

Rendered in with LuxCore and composited in Fusion.

Pain in the behind without shadow catcher in Lux, but nevertheless ...

DeLoreanDMC12.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 439K
  • Where did you find that awesome DeLorean, and does it have a Flux Capacitor and Mr. Fusion morph? ;-)
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

There was a Back to the Future version done in Blender a few years ago http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/68371

• Where did you find that awesome DeLorean, and does it have a Flux Capacitor and Mr. Fusion morph? ;-)

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/delorean-67719.html

It's preety good one, needed some fixin' , lots of unwanted eges creased, has some interior as well smiley