Stick a fork in me... or maybe not...

124»

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Glad to see you're doing better Wancow! Here's pulling for ya!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 2014
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

This is great news. Keep on flirting with the cute nurses; I'm convinced that's worth at least 50% of the healing process!

edited December 2014
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Antone know the hospital address where we can send the cards to?

edited December 1969

There's an address (his cousin/caretaker's) in the post at
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/christianholm/journal/view/id/544ecb21a589b4793311f92f

edited December 1969

He goes in for another surgery today (or tomorrow?) to address an intestinal block. But he's on his way out of the woods! Christmas-Card renders can be posted here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49698/

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,632
    edited December 1969

...thank you fo the link. I'll try to get one submitted tonight.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

Only found this thread again- thinking about Wancow, particularly for Christmas and the holidays.

edited December 1969

This was just posted on Chris's Blog.

"Three days shy of 4 months, many ups and downs and Christian is out of the hospital! Chris has choosen to stay with his friend Robert here in Livermore. He is thrilled to have the sunlight on his face and be able to wander around outside unencumbered by rules and tubes as he was in the hospital.
    The past 9 months has uncovered many emotions and situations that have been hard to face the reality of. Cancer is always frightening and the decisions that are made around a diagnosis are difficult. At times neither path looks positive or negative but the journey helps one decide what path is correct for them. Chris has chosen the path of going Hospice and living his remaining days here on earth in the best way possible. This decision fits in Chris' scope of priorities for his remaining days; to live free and as pain free as possible. He is at peace with his future.
    The biggest question asked is how much time does he have? Answer: we don't know. The goal is for Chris to live out what ever time he has left how he wants. Historically Hospice means one has no more than 6 months left to live. How that 6 months works out only time will revile. Like always i will update this site as I can.
    Thank you again for your concern, support and kind words for Christian. I do pass on to him what you tell me and he appreciates it."

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited March 2015

Well, mixed feelings here. On one hand, sad; for obvious reasons. On the other hand, realistic expectations because I knew that the odds were always what they were, and not really rosy anyway. And on the third hand ( :wow: ), even happy that he is at peace and okay with whatever happens next.

Strength, respect, and resolution to him in this time.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
    edited December 1969

A damn cryin' shame for those of us left behind. We'll miss him (I do already!) but there's no fear for the righteous across that final frontier.

edited December 1969

I think a lot of people will miss him. I will I know. He was a great help when I first started rigging my clothing items, and his lighting info is also great.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

I haven't heard anything about Christian- there have been no updates on his Caring Bridge page. I miss him on the forums.

edited December 1969

I suppose no news is good news, in a way.

I dread an update, you never know quite what is coming.

Not having heard anything about wancow, I've just been on his Caring bridge site and I find that nothing has been posted there, BUT his brother has added a comment to say Christian passed peacefully away on July 22nd 2015.

Think they could have posted something to let everyone know.

RIP my friend.

• Sadly not everyone's family are interested in the hobbies and pursuits their loved ones had as much as they and others loved them, he was a caring man who helped many people in his everyday life and on this and maybe many other forums and is now at peace from his suffering. broken heart

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,632

..oh wow.

Christian was a major inspiration to me as well as offered encouragement when I was looking to give up.

He will be sorely missed.

Thank you for forwarding the information.

merida sad.png
    636 x 900 - 796K
  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

This is sad news. From his initial post, it looked like he had a very good attitude of the illness and his situation. I'm glad to hear he passed peacefully.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,475

I just read this thread today and came back after an hour to see the RIP thread for him. Very sad to see him go.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Oh... Damn... :(

Well, here's to hoping that where ever he is now that he's been able to meet Jaderail.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,475

For sure.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

R.I.P. Chrisitian.  sad

• Rest in Piece. 

• A very sad new. R.I.P. Chrisitian

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sad