NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Have you tried creating a geometry shell of the figure before you autofit garments? That usually will elimate most poke-through.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2015
    Tjohn said:

Have you tried creating a geometry shell of the figure before you autofit garments? That usually will elimate most poke-through.

My apologies if this sounds sarcastic, tho I think there is a slight misunderstanding. No Auto-fit was involved with putting the G3F outfits and G3F hair on the G3F figures. There G3F figures, G3F outfits, and G3F hair styles, they should just work. To add insult to injury, two of the figure, an outfit, and two of the hair styles were all included in the V7 Pro pack. And it dose not work.

I did check if Mesh smoothing was there or not, and tried different settings on the 'Mesh Smoothing' to no avail. The outfits are keeping to G3F/V7 shape, and completely ignoring the shape of the add-on G3F figures.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/869357/#Comment_869357

I do need to redo that blue-wireframe render to show it better.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    It sounds like the character morphs were not set to Autofollow ON.
  • barbult said:
    It sounds like the character morphs were not set to Autofollow ON.

That is something that has been broken going back to atleast Studio 4.6, or it only works, IF, your a PA.

The G3F outfits are fitted to the orange mesh G3F figures. The blue mesh is just V7 shape on a difrent G3F.

20150724_G3F_Figures_04006.jpg
    835 x 1048 - 862K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Have you put a ticket on this?  I don't have those items, so can't test them.

• Until this evening, I was not sure what was going on at all, or the 'Scope' of the problem. No I do not have Eva7 (anything), so I can't test that.

Also, I know where that Submit ticket thing use to be in the old forum. It appears to be missing now, Eeeek.

Affected figures. FWSA AdalineHD, FWSA Bonnie, Raz.Sil. Summer.

Not tested yet in my collection. Des. Carmilla, EJ Tatijana, EJ_Valeria.

Affected outfits. Everything close to the chest or hip. Bandeau Bikini, Hongyus Bikini For V7, Post Apocalyptic Outfit, G3F Essentials stuff. Bounce outfit, etc, etc.

Affected Hair, Krayon Hair, Leyton Hair. I have two other styles I haven't tested yet.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I put Krayon Hair on Valeria without any problem. Here it is.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited July 2015
    Novica said:

Go to the bundle then look at the thumbnail to the right of the one where she is doing a backbend. Then skip one and look at the next closeup. What do you folks think? Attractive? Perhaps the ability to morph her gives a different look. 

Way too much duck lip for me on that model.. Not a look I like. Makes the character look... Dopey.

But I do like the hair. It looks versatile and can move which a lot of hairs sold these days can't.

Unfortunately, not buying till they fix the bug where they advertised we could get a discount off the PA's store.... Which was sent in email, but the site says I must buy the bundle. I absolutely refuse to buy multiple hair copies of the same hair. Sorry.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2015

Sorry. I edited my post and for some reason.. It posted twice.

edited July 2015
    Novica said:

I put Krayon Hair on Valeria without any problem. Here it is.

Very nice renders. I was just looking at EJ Tatijana, and the 'Other hidden EJ dial' for issues. Looks good so far, so not a complete G3F Pandemic.

(Edit) Serene Night, you and me both. I do not perscribe to the 'Duck Face' fad. Yes, the atached is just a joke pokinf fun at the 'Duck face fad', lol.

DuckFaceAndSexyDontLook001002.png
    204 x 120 - 3K

I saw that in another thread, about the email vs what they're trying to get folks to do. I'm not understanding the need for the G3 hair- every single G2 hair I've done on to G3 works, so why would you want to buy the G3 version?  And sadly, I've seen some other comments in Commons about that character and it's distracting people from a very nice hair product. 

I do have to say they sure priced the bundle reasonably though- compared to the price of each singular one, in that respect, the two together are a good deal. (but again, why do I need both?) 

BTW, really cool today- I went to a National Seashore park / beach here today and not one, but TWO bald eagles had separate nests up in the trees and were sitting there watching everyone. It was so funny to see people driving along the road (like me) and I was the only one who spotted them. When I got out of my car to photograph one of them,  people were so stupid- they were looking around trying to figure out what I was taking pictures of, and the eagle was in plain sight! 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Also, I know where that Submit ticket thing use to be in the old forum. It appears to be missing now, Eeeek.

Same as before:  Help > Contact Us > Submit a Ticket

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Unfortunately, not buying till they fix the bug where they advertised we could get a discount off the PA's store.... Which was sent in email, but the site says I must buy the bundle. I absolutely refuse to buy multiple hair copies of the same hair. Sorry.

They have adjusted the sale to honor the error in the newsletter, so you don't have to buy the bundle.

They have adjusted the sale to honor the error in the newsletter, so you don't have to buy the bundle.

But they haven't changed the promo art or the page, so people are being misled. (not intentionally, I know it takes awhile to do webpages.)  

edited July 2015

That is always nice to see cool stuff like that. It is odd how you can go to take a picture of a tree, a cloud, or wild critter, and people don't even know what your doing, lol.

Wow, this took off as I was distracted a few pages back, lol. I will presume Des. Carmilla doesn't have any fit-issues with G3F stuff, The hair fits quite well looking at your render.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/854897/#Comment_854897

Zendesk??? Are you serious Fixmypcmike or joking, lol. (EDIT) The link is correct, and seeing the page just gave me bad flash-backs of the last time I tried reporting something that was genuinely broken. (takes a deep breath).

This spans over five deferent orders, do I really need to track down every PayPal transaction number, or is the Daz order numbers enough?

ZenCrossword.gif
    300 x 364 - 14K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    Z you only need the order number stuff if you are requesting a refund. It is not needed for tech support requests.
    edited July 2015

Thanks barbult, ticket submitted, 197774. I'm kind of surprised no one noticed this before, as it includes figures and outfits included in the V7 Pro bundle.

Then again, it took me this long just to peal the 'new' stickers off the icons, lol.

(EDIT) I need to add Des. Carmilla to the list, and I need to toss on some "TOS Protection" for this.

edited July 2015

I bought the gen 2 version of the hair and the hazmat suit. The same figure in the promo art for the hair, is also used in Tau Ceti Overseer.

I also picked up Eva. I like her more than I did V7. Her skin renders really well. I'm not overly excited a about Eva 7's figure shape (it's okay), but the mats  are worth it to me,  since I found V7 so very much a let down in 3delight.

I also picked up Eva. I like her more than I did V7. Her skin renders really well. I'm not overly excited a about Eva 7's figure shape (it's okay), but the mats  are worth it to me,  since I found V7 so very much a let down in 3delight.

Good! I hope they keep 3DL in mind when designing the skin materials. Looking forward to seeing your Eva. 

Okay, am I remembering correctly- didn't Ron pull a war product awhile ago? This is a great pack- 450 brushes!

edited July 2015

Yeas, it Was called Ron's War Elements. I actually own that. This has some added stuff. Wish they'd offer a discount to people who own the previous one. I'd like to have some of the stuff in this set, but not sure I need the brushes twice.

The effects look new, as do, some of the fireshots. Perhaps a small upgrade price would be fair?

edited July 2015

Totally agree- can't believe they didn't do that. 

BTW, for people who want a really family friendly bikini (yes, believe it or not, they do exist) and for other goodies, Wilmap does free clothes and the bottoms on the Genesis 3 two piece come up towards the waist (instead of down toward the toes, lol.) There is a donate button if you want to pay her for her fine efforts. Lots of things offered, she's very generous.

EDIT: The Genesis 2 Female underwear looks like a swimsuit (I thought that's what it was) so you can use that, too. That one has straps and I like it better.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2015

Oh, this is a nice discovery. Vault Rustler Poses has a good variety, and several are really close to what I perceive to be martial art poses, or at least a good starting point. Note I did put her fingers together on the back hand, they were a bit curled and looked a bit "weak" for the fighting stance IMO. 

Carissa for Genesis 2 Female(s)                School Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)                   Fight Uniform For Genesis 2 Female(s)

One thing I do not like (intensely, for that matter) is I haven't found a way to close that plunging neckline on the top of the Fight Uniform. That's a ridiculous outfit for your standard martial arts uniform (both my sons took karate) and it would have been nice to have the option for a realistic uniform in addition to sexy. I went into Scene and chest and nothing there in Parameters to fix it, if anyone finds something I missed, in all fairness, feel free to post and contradict me. One thing I did like- this is out of the box for the outfit, with an extreme pose- and it flowed very nicely on the top of the thighs. Look at that, without any tweaks. WOW. 

School Hair, on the other hand, I was quite pleased with- I didn't want to mess around with swinging the tails back, so all I did was shorten them. There's a decent amount of morphs with this hair. I spread the tails, like that "widen" feature.

Wow, good render speed- 10 minutes was 60% done (already zipped through the hair and over half the uniform.) So keep School Hair in mind for a un-cumbersome hair and quicker renders.  11 minutes 79%, wow.  And yes, you wonderful 3DL users, this one's for you. wink  It's Peppermint lighting with a distant light added to the front, and one on each side.

Carissa in Fight Outfit for Genesis 2

Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2015

I'll post a closeup of her here. It double posted the first one. (Love these new forums.) So check back please.

Carissa for Genesis 2 Females

carissa3dlMartialArtsSchoolHair2.jpg
    781 x 911 - 376K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2015

Will do an iray one shortly. Actually testing a few things. Going to do one without the OptiX Acceleration (In Advanced Render tab) and one with, and stop at a certain time and compare. Also going to do one with the Uber Base iray materials applied, and one without. 

Post edited by Novica on

I love those eyes on Carissa. That is one thing I really like about his work. Great eyes.

That uniform at least needs a sports bra underneath. Maybe you can layer it with that one which comes with gen 2 basics?

I love those eyes on Carissa. That is one thing I really like about his work. Great eyes.

That uniform at least needs a sports bra underneath. Maybe you can layer it with that one which comes with gen 2 basics?

Definitely needs something- otherwise the male attendance in any martial arts classes would skyrocket lol!

Really having fun comparing with and without Optix Prime Acceleration, with and without the iray Uber Base. Interesting results. I'm doing 3, 5, 7, and 12 minutes. You'll be able to see all those minutes, with the following: No Optix/No Uber, out of the box with 3DL materials, With Optix/No Uber, then Both. Did the Uber Base speed up the Optix time/quality? You'll see in a few minutes. 

edited July 2015

First, to those who haven't started with iray, and those who are beginners- the Uber Base is a preset that optimizes the surfaces for iray. It's located in Content Library>Daz Studio Formats>Daz>Shader Presets>iray>Daz Uber

I read instead of using the Uber Base, to prepare people for iray,  use the Iray Optimized Genesis 2 Female mat. However, I can't get it to only work for the eyes, as when I applied it to the skin (aka, all of the figure with Carissa selected) she went very light. I tried selected both eyes in Scene, then all the eye parts (including Eye Reflection, pupils, cornea, etc) in Surfaces. No go, the entire character had it applied. I showed you a 12 minute render of it so you can compare it to the rest of the 12 minute renders.

If you want to try it, go to Content Library>Daz Studio Formats>Daz>People>Genesis 2 Females>Materials>iray

Now, what I'm testing- what does Carissa look like with and without Uber Base. Here are my answers based on my tests. Yours might vary, and this is with these settings: Dome and Scene, Infinite Sphere, the default Environment Map, exposure value 12.80, shutter speed 106.12, F/Stop 8.00,  Film ISO 105. Burn Highlights was .20 and Crush Blacks was .34

In My Opinion: 

Does applying Uber Base make a difference in how she looks?  Yes, it takes out the splotchy/grainy.

Does Uber Base cause a difference in render time? No. It did NOT slow down the progress. Get in the habit of applying it when you have everything loaded in the scene so you don't forget to apply it. (Click it in Scene, ALSO click it in Surfaces. You need to have the item selected in both places.) 

Now let's throw in the Optix Prime Acceration, which may speed up your rendering. That is found in the Advanced tab in your render settings. How does that interact or affect Uber Base?

Did it speed up the render time? Not a great amount but yes, there was a difference.  

Did having Uber Base with Optix Prime Acceration slow it down? No. I would definitely use both.

I've circled a few of the areas in the 12 minute render where you can see the difference in shadows, texture details, hightlights, between using Uber Base and not using it. Note UBER means Uber Base, and OPT means I have Optix Prime Acceleration on to speed up the render. It has nothing to do with the optimized skin setting.

As I don't know how to get that Genesis 2 optimized iray mat to apply only to the eyes, I am going to use the Uber Base on all of my figures until I can figure out how to apply that without changing the color of the skin. Need some help with an explanation of what to do with this. I thought, "Apply the optimized first, then the character's skin." Nope. Tried it the other way. Nope.  Carissa went from a dark skinned gal to very light, no matter which way I tried it.

Headed out the door. Feel free to right click and save, take these and compare side to side, enlarged, and you'll see the differences. It's hard to do in the forum format. 

Please don't post until I get from 3 minutes to 12 minutes posted.There will be 3 more posts. REMEMBER, OPT means "speed up" and UBER means "better surface for iray"

BELOW IS 3 MINUTES. Timed to the exact second!

carissa3minsOptNo.jpg
    600 x 700 - 418K
    Carissa3minsOpt.jpg
    600 x 700 - 448K
    Carissa3minsOptUber.jpg
    600 x 700 - 436K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2015

Here is 5 minutes. Again, OPT means speed up, UBER means better surface for iray.

carissa5minsOptNo.jpg
    600 x 700 - 370K
    carissa5minsOpti.jpg
    600 x 700 - 385K
    carissa5minsOptUber.jpg
    600 x 700 - 370K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2015

Here is 7 minutes. OPT means speed up, UBER means better surface for iray.

carissa7minsOptNO.jpg
    600 x 700 - 362K
    carissa7minsOpti.jpg
    600 x 700 - 364K
    carissa7minsOptUber.jpg
    600 x 700 - 362K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.