Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited January 2017
    wgdjohn said:

I think there is a great deal of interest in many of the animals or at least there would be if they were all updated lol.

I've been collecting animals, birds, fish etc.  It's always great to add some life to a picture. What I find odd about a view with sky is the lack of even one bird.  It's also not common to walk down a street or elsewhere and not encounter someone with a cat or dog.

I suspect that they don't get updated since they are not a great source of income for PAs or DAZ. Can't imagine a cat or dog with umpteen pairs of high heels, clothes, earings etc.. get my drift? :)

Liana said:

Thank you Liana!  I'm planning on spending some time in the Carrara modelling room this afternoon myself.  I look forward to seeing what you have been up to!

Thanks! Part of my work and learning has been on the daz cow. My thread here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/141121/daz-cow-thread#latest I changed the name after page 4.

I have Carrara too, but have not cracked it open yet. One day hopefully soon. I know I want to get back into blender and fix my UI and go over a few things there again.

So get crackin. :)  One thing is that is in Carrara you can add Dynamic Hair to that cow or any other object.

Yea, I understand what you are saying John. :)

A person can add dynamic hair in carrara? hmmmm.... I know I want to learn so, it sounds like the hair thingy might be an interesting idea. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ah I see they took down my Egyptian Dancer.  I kind of figured they might.  If anyone wants to see her you can find her on my Deviant Art account, the link is in my signature. 

I think between the BOSS lights and Kindred Arts Ghost lights, my renders are going to improve quite a bit over the next couple of months.  At least I hope so lol.  The two sets cover just about any eventuality.

Woot the BOSS lights are in the store today!  Seriously, these are a must have!

• I saw that! I'm all set to get them today.  I absolutely have to finish playing with the render I'm currently working on today before I can play, though.  :( 

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited January 2017

I suspect that they don't get updated since they are not a great source of income for PAs or DAZ. 

The truth of the matter is that the PAs responsible for making the DAZ O animals have either moved on, or passed on. But don't fret. Animals are still a lucrative area and there are other PAs who have noticed the lack of fresh beasties in the Daz stable. ;) 

Post edited by FeralFey on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    FeralFey said:

I suspect that they don't get updated since they are not a great source of income for PAs or DAZ. 

The truth of the matter is that the PAs responsible for making the DAZ O animals have either moved on, or passed on. But don't fret. Animals are still a lucrative area and there are other PAs who have noticed the lack of fresh beasties in the Daz stable. ;) 

I do see a few now and then by PAs... likely have a few newer ones after Millenium Horse and Dragon time.  I've just expanded my modeling to include creatues... only done 2 so far learning a lot from each, both need to be redone of course which is no big deal as they are fairly simple.

While I have you on the hook :) I've 2 questions about your items... Does Gaston Hair for M6 come with the mustash also?  I have In the Garden Poses for G3F marked but they are useless as I use Carrara... can they be applied to G2F or can they be backwards converted?  You must have desirable items... I have 25+% of you DStore with more wishlisted.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

Hi wgdjohn! No, Gaston Hair does not come with a mustache. Sorry about that. 

As for the Garden Poses being backward compatible, yes. You could use one of the script utilities to convert the pose, or you can just apply the pose and adjust it manually. In either case, you'll need to do some tweaking. Sadly, there is no perfect solution....other than me creating the G2 poses at the same time I did the G3 ones. But unfortunately I was contracted only for the G3 ones. 

I'm pleased to hear that you like my sets. And as a bit of good news, I'm planning on including G2 on this next set I'm working on. I can't tell you what it is, naturally, as it's under NDA with Daz, but I'm sure if you snoop around the recent pose threads in the newbie forum, you can piece together a list of possible suspects. ;)

I have to say Feral Fey that your poses are amongst my top two go to poses.

One other thing I have to say, I really wish more clothing vendors did was put morphs into the dresses that will allow me to have my character sitting or lying down.  There is only so much one can do with a character standing up and not being able to adjust a dress so the person can sit in a chair makes those items far less valuable.  My character isn't going to walk into to dinner and say oh excuse me, I need to go change into pants so I can sit down without my dress cutting my thighs in half.

Woot the new Hivewire Kitten has arrived.  Can't wait to download and play with him.  (I got the housecat when it came out so I get the kitten for free). Of course, I'm at work all day today and have to wait until I get home lol.

Thanks FeralFey for the answers... they are as suspected but wanted to be sure.

Always excited about new poses!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

This was my submission for the December newbie contest, Winter.  I didn't win but I had fun and learned a ton!

This is lovely!

Thanks!  It was a great learning experience and is still one of my favorites.

edited February 2017

A Night At The Show - Dulce for V4 and the Jazz outfit with one of the add on textures.  Boss lights, Deco Club stage. No postwork

A Night at the Show.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited February 2017

I have wanted to try out some of the mermaid stuff I have.  Here is Niko for V4, Kelpie Hair, Kelpi Bra.

This one is no postwork

The next two are post worked. A bit of painting, fixed the crease by the shoulder somewhat and used the dodge and burn tool as well as several different layers like soften, multiply, etc on this one.

The final and finished one I added a NIK filter.

Mermaid Niko V4.png
    2040 x 1632 - 5M
    Mermaid Niko V4 2.png
    2040 x 1632 - 5M
    Mermaid Niko V4 3.png
    2040 x 1632 - 6M

Got those of you who have been patiently waiting for Strangefates new Kadis Armour I have it on good authority that it will be out in about 4 days.

Hope the poor gal is good with that sword with so many vital strike areas to protect.  Hopefully she has a few protection spells for herself. :)

I'm a firm believer that all that skin is used to distract the enemy.  And she's good enough with that wicked sword that she doesn't worry too much about it.  You know, the whole Amazon thing. 

I know its impractical in real life but its fantasy and this particualr armor is already a favorite.  Lots of options and lots of pieces and parts to add or subtract. And it looks amazing lol!

edited February 2017

Here are three of the test renders I have done for DarwinsMishaps new LIE make up for G3m.  You can layer each make up on top of each other so you can do all kinds of neat stuff with it.

Dash Blue Eyes.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Lee 7 LIE Make Up test.png
    988 x 988 - 2M
    Robbus Make UP.png
    988 x 988 - 1M
  • I commented on that last one in DM's thread.  Great looking images!  :)

I replied lol.  For anyone else that wants to know the last image is The Robbus Goblin for G3M  The face paint and make up is DarwinsMishaps LIE Makeup.

• Ah, yeah, that much I figured out!  :)  You did good.  I'm surprised that worked so well, but it did.

I was totally thrilled that it worked on him.  Wasn't sure it would but he is based on G3m so I figured I would at least try lol.  Really glad I did.  He is already fierce but the make up really adds to it I think.

Just a reminder this armour comes out tomorrow!

• wgdjohn said:

Hope the poor gal is good with that sword with so many vital strike areas to protect.  Hopefully she has a few protection spells for herself. :)

Fantasy armor is explained here:  

http://janus3003.deviantart.com/art/The-Trouble-With-Elven-Armor-642397186

laugh

• wgdjohn said:

laugh

That was funny!  I enjoyed it.  Amazing how that works, isn't it?  laugh

wgdjohn said:

laugh

Hahahaha!  I laughed out loud.  That is EXACTLY what happens lol. Thank you for sharing that

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484

I'm also thinking that Chace Hair for G3 and G2, here in the store, might do well and I already have it.

I have tried to style hair as displayed in marketing image attached but she ends up bald in various spots and looks worse than a cancer victim undergoing kemo. After tearing my own hair out for 3 hours I decided to partake in rum and sevens. Shortly therafter, a little bird tweeted, "Try a second hair prop to cover the bald spots". To which I readily replied, "Jolly good." Me, I had no luck whatsoever, AND no matter wtf I did the Mohawk looked like someone had taken a lawn mower to the back of her skull but left the blade a tad too high ... spents hours styling temples, hairline and crowns etc to no avail. So far not a wise purchase. Hunted everywhere for solutions and came up empty. So mate if you bought this I suggest you have a rum or two. Savvy?

chace hair for 3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 215K
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Have you tried unfitting it from her and just parenting it to her head as a prop with collision turned off? You could then try x-scaling it to see if it helped with the scalp problems you were having trouble with in the other thread.

wgdjohn said:

laugh

Of course... Elven Magicenlightened  ROFL.

This discussion has been closed.