Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Hello folks,

Yes, I'm still here!

I have been away with my other hobby, which, in case anyone can't remember is 1/6 figures. They have taken up a LOT of my time and money in recent months.

The other week, my Compaq laptop started dying on me so I went and got a replacement. I decided to do it right this time and I now have an HP Pavilion DV6 with 6gb of RAM, a quad core Intel i5 2ghz processor and a dedicated AMD Radeon 6000 series graphics card. It spits out PP2012 renders in under a minute!

Nothing new to show you yet, but, I have been reading Caisson's superb tutorial on Renderosity and aim to try out what he's done really soon.

I couldn't log into the old thread in the forum archive and a search didn't turn a new one up, so, in the interest of continuity, I decided to start a new Realistic Renders...NOT thread here in the new community.

So, start posting your new renders here and I look forward to seeing stuff from you all soon

CHEERS!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

At this time you can't log into the forum archive site. They will be working on that when the current store and forums are up and running properly.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited June 2012

Thanks Frank,

Still, it'd make more sense to have them post their stuff in here, then everyone can access it.

CHEERS!

PS (This double return lark to start new lines and paragraphs takes some getting used to, I hope that's something you're also working on!)

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited June 2012

Oh, not found me yet!?

Never mind,

Here's a brand new render below of Mec4D's Eli with a studio set up as per Caisson's fantastic tutorial (Available as a Freestuff download @ Renderosity) and IDL lighting.

I absolutely LOVE that set-up, so much so that, for what I do, it's now my default scene!

More will follow...

CHEERS!

Eli-Caisson.jpg
    588 x 600 - 43K
  • RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

"Caisson’s fantastic tutorial (Available as a Freestuff download @ Renderosity)"

Can you post a link to this? I was not able to find it. Thanks.

edited June 2012

I didn't see any reason not to in the TOS so, the Freestuff index is here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php

Part 2 is on this page and Part 1 will be on the next one. It's entitled Lighting and Rendering Demo and has a snarly face as the icon, it's in .pdf format which means you'll need Adobe Reader in order to access it.

Hope this helps

CHEERS!

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Thanks much! I look forward to working through these.

~ Russ

edited June 2012

No problem,

He can be a bit vague on the exact translation settings for the lights, but once you work that out they work really well. Once you've got all the lights in the right position, I'd suggest locking the actors and saving the scene so you always have one with all the lights perfectly positioned.

I hope the others find this thread soon, otherwise all the renders will be by me!

CHEERS!

PS (Having to do double returns so they show up as single ones on the forum is getting tedious. Please fix it!)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited June 2012

...nice pic. Was that done in PP2010 or PP2012?

Have 2010 running on the notebook and it seems a lot more stable even in 32 bit than Stidio3A. One of the real lifesavers are the Queue Manager and being able to render in background.

I'm sure I posted this on the olde thread but adding it here as I am just amazed at the quality 200 offers even for a simple pic.

This used Traveler's studio light preset that was included with the V4.1Bonnie freebie character (yeah an oldie but a nice setup nonetheless).

Leela_poser_2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 177K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2012

Very nice,

The render I did was done in PP2012, I never had 2010. Had I had this machine when DS4 was still free I might almost have been tempted.

I remember Bonnie, she was among the first sets I downloaded when I first got V4, I used to use that light set a lot too.

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Ooerr, it's still free! I might have to check this out and see what the fuss has been about!

edited December 1969

What!?

You still haven't found me yet!? Now DSON is out we can really get this thread cooking, here's a Genesis render to get the ball rolling again...

CHEERS!

Genesis-Male-01.jpg
    588 x 600 - 40K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...just picked up DSON (free is a very good price) but have yet to DL and install.

For the time being here's one from me of my favourite little girl done with Genesis in 4.5 before I broke the directory mapping trying to troubleshoot issues with GenerationX not being able to load Gen3/Gen4 morphs.

Genesis with the Steph4 body shape, Princess Morphs, and yes, Tindra skin MAT.

...unbelievably done on my old duo core 32 bit notebook. Guess my skepticism about 4.5 was for naught as (until I broke it) it runs even better than 3Advaned.

leela_genesis_test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 348K
    edited December 1969

Nice render,

Make sure you have the 32 bit DSON installed. The way I got it to work was to create a Daz library in Documents and install the Genesis content into it, then I put that in as a new library in PP2012 and it worked like a charm. Catharina is working on companion files for her Buddy 2.0 to M5 pack so I'll be able to work with him when I get M5.

I want to get Genesis fully and V5 this week though, knowing my luck M5 will be full price again when I get round to him. Whatever, I should have something else to put in here before the week is out.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Here's V5!!

She's standard, but, I used the Danae Dublin texture via Mec4D's UV switching script for DSON.

Enjoy!!

CHEERS!

V5-Dublin.jpg
    588 x 600 - 40K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

New DAZ is really starting to feel like home again now! Just hope I can squeeze in time to render some now. :-)

edited December 1969

That it is!

Shortly after that render was made, PP2012 kept having hissy fits, so, I uninstalled it and DSON and re installed them. It seems a lot more stable now and I was able to get a render out.

He's M5 but converted by Mec4D into Buddy 2. Her male textures are amazing!

CHEERS!

Buddy-2-M5.jpg
    588 x 600 - 30K
    edited December 1969

Oh, about PP2012 throwing hissy fits, it turns out that it was having 'multi threaded bending' turned on that was causing problems. You'll find it in your general preferences, it it is on when you find it, turn it off.

CHEERS!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hey good to see the thread back and going. Poser render, not so used to DSON so haz retouched a little around seams. I liked these eyes:

N1052R.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Very nice!

I haven't got him yet.

CHEERS!

edited October 2012

After fine tuning Caisson's set up and a bit of UV swtiching, I've done some more M5. The first couple of textures are Phoenix 1966's Shaw and the last is one of Mec4D's Hunk textures The first morph is the M5 Tough Guy, the second is a mix of all M5 ones and the Heroic body. and the last is standard. The poses are from Syyd Raven's Portrait Studio collection.

Enjoy

CHEERS!

M5_Shaw_Mix.jpg
    588 x 600 - 140K
    M5_Shaw_Tough.jpg
    588 x 600 - 134K
    M5_Hunk.jpg
    588 x 600 - 121K
    edited December 1969

With a bit of dial spinning and Mec4D's Byson texture, I did the render below. Her script for changing the diffuse colour still works as it's dealing with the correct materials.

CHEERS!

M5_Byson.jpg
    588 x 600 - 118K
    edited October 2012

I wanted to see what creature you could do with M5 and Genesis if you didn't have the creature morphs. It turns out you can do a fair amount. With a few tweaks of the fantasy and sci-fi dials, the results are below. The texture is Shaw and the eyes are from the Gen 4 eye maps collection.

CHEERS!

M5-Creature-Shaw-Roar.jpg
    588 x 600 - 35K
    M5-Creature-Shaw-Snarl.jpg
    588 x 600 - 37K
    M5-Creature-Shaw.jpg
    588 x 600 - 29K
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited December 1969

Nice renders in this thread. Thanks for inviting me to post mine here, Rogerbee. :-)

I'm loving the DSON Importer, BTW. I haven't had any problems so far but I've just
    done portrait stuff, playing with the textures and IDL lighting by Syyd and Colm.

This is V5 as Rapunzel.

V5_DSON_Rapunzel.jpg
    600 x 410 - 79K
    edited October 2012

Welcome back Jan!

Very nice render, she reminds me of Daryl Hannah in Splash. I do use parts of Colm's set up in my renders, but only the cove and sphere. If you do a search for Caisson's tutorial in the Renderosity Freestuff is it is so worth downloading. All the info he gives is so simple to follow and seems to deliver quality results every time.

I'll get IDL Studio 2 at some point just to see what it's like, but may yet find myself returning to his set up. Once I find one I really like, I tend to use it as my default set up.

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited October 2012

I Haven't done anything like this in a while. Couldn't sleep so i decided to try and do a silent hill-ish picture again.

Its_too_late_fixed_jpg.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 513K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
    edited December 1969

Very nice,

I doubt many of us will get much sleep after that!

CHEERS!

• MagentaMagenta Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

HELLO Rogerbee, Jan, Kyoto Kid, names I recognize and those I do not! It's great so 'see' you all and look at some new and amazing renders! My realistic renders are still of the vampire/creature versions, but there's my reality. Busy trying to figure out the new DSON and reloading figures etc. A bit slow and behind I'm guessing. Anyway enjoying what you and others have been doing and gives me a push to see what I can achieve. Onward!

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Rogerbee. I just use the defaults for IDL Studio 2. It's amazing!

Wow, that is one spooky render. :-)

Hey, Magenta. :-) Long time, no see. Hope you're doing well.

I'm trying to do three things at once. Carry on a conversation at FB, talk on the phone, and type this message, so if it makes no
    sense, I'm sorry. :-0

edited December 1969

Magenta said:
    HELLO Rogerbee, Jan, Kyoto Kid, names I recognize and those I do not! It's great so 'see' you all and look at some new and amazing renders! My realistic renders are still of the vampire/creature versions, but there's my reality. Busy trying to figure out the new DSON and reloading figures etc. A bit slow and behind I'm guessing. Anyway enjoying what you and others have been doing and gives me a push to see what I can achieve. Onward!

Hello Magenta,

Don't worry about DSON, I'm sure many of us got stuck on that. If there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask. After all, the spirit if this thread still remains as it did in previous ones where we talk as much as we render.

You'll get there

CHEERS!

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

I,m glad this thread is back, but I have one question, Reading all the posts, I get the impression it's only for Poser. Is there a realistic,,, not thread for Daz?

edited December 1969

Oh, LOL,

Sorry if we gave that impression, anyone is welcome from any platform, if it's a render, you can post it. If I ever get round to it I'll be posting some Vue stuff.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.