New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

edited September 2012 in The Commons

This is the new Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread, because of some private issues there was not so much activity the last month but lets start again.
From now on I am an independent PA and not working for OptiTex anymore.
You can give your wishes, ideas and comments in this thread so we can work together on better Dynamic Clothes again.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Excellent. When do you surmise a plug-in for cloth creation from Optitex might be ready, if ever?

Will you work to make one available through yourself, DAZ, or another vendor?

Please tell us what your relation with Optitex is nowadays?

What does that mean for us, the DAZ users?

What do you see in the future for dynamic clothing for DAZ and the possible plug-in many have asked for?

Thank you for your time and sincere responses. :)

• edited September 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Excellent. When do you surmise a plug-in for cloth creation from Optitex might be ready, if ever?

Will you work to make one available through yourself, DAZ, or another vendor?

Please tell us what your relation with Optitex is nowadays?

What does that mean for us, the DAZ users?

What do you see in the future for dynamic clothing for DAZ and the possible plug-in many have asked for?

Thank you for your time and sincere responses. :)

This are questions for Daz and OptiTex and I cannot give you an answer simply because I don't know I only make Dynamic Clothes as a PA.
    Post edited by Martin for OptiTex on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Do you still have access to their technology? Or must you go through them to make stuff?

• edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Do you still have access to their technology? Or must you go through them to make stuff?

I was and are still owner of the OptiTex software to make Dynamic Clothes otherwise I could not make the Dynamic Clothes as a PA only in the past I was working for OptiTex and now I am independent.
    edited December 1969

So what are your plans? If us vendors create clothing and want them turned dynamic do we come to you? If not you then where do we go?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited September 2012

Zev0 said:
    So what are your plans? If us vendors create clothing and want them turned dynamic do we come to you?

I can't speak for Martin's current plans, but my impression of the past collaborations is that he doesn't so much "turn other people's clothing models into dynamics" as work with other PAs on designs the PAs propose, create the dynamic clothing in the Optitex software, and then the partner PAs get involved in testing and texuring once the product emerges from Martin's licensed copy of the Optitex creation software.

anyway, good to have you back, Martin, and good luck with your projects.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

A couple things I'd like to see as dynamics for DAZ:

The Dynamic Demonica Dress available at SynfulMindz. I like the latex/PVC fetish textures they ship it with, but I've also seen renders with it where people have used other textures/shaders to make it a non-fetish item and combined it with another top that also look very good. Also, the promos don't show it, but I've seen renders where the tail of that dress is much longer, with a short train on the ground behind the figure.

A proper shawl/cape, akin to Fabina's Caperucita or the Dynamic Coquette Cape available from SynfulMindz. I've got the Wicked Red Cape for Genesis, and it works nicely with some poses, but a dynamic would be much more flexible. (I have the Santa's Dress OptiTex product which also has a hooded cape, but the cape doesn't come down far enough. Caperucita is almost to the waist, though depending on how much work it is, having the cape length as a switchable style would be the most flexible.)

• edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    Zev0 said:
    So what are your plans? If us vendors create clothing and want them turned dynamic do we come to you?

I can't speak for Martin's current plans, but my impression of the past collaborations is that he doesn't so much "turn other people's clothing models into dynamics" as work with other PAs on designs the PAs propose, create the dynamic clothing in the Optitex software, and then the partner PAs get involved in testing and texuring once the product emerges from Martin's licensed copy of the Optitex creation software.

anyway, good to have you back, Martin, and good luck with your projects. Thanks Odaa nice to see you again.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

The thing I would like to see is dynamic clothing for Genesis that doesn't require animation to work.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Hello, my friend :D How has everything been?

I would like to put in a request for a cloak extension or secondary version. I am looking for something like http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=84680 for DS 3&4.

It has a bigger, floppier hood, which would allow for some of the larger, fancier hair styles. And I think it the cloak part is a full circle of material, allowing for more folds and drapes.

I also suggest an even longer style, to go with the existing two lengths. Also, a historically accurate hood, without the cloak. Hooded cloaks are great for fantasy, but not historically accurate. The hoods covered the head and draped over the shoulders, but stopped mid upper arm, no longer than the elbow. Examples: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=medieval+hood&qpvt=medival+hood&FORM=AWIR

The hood design could have several options, too ... like the extra long point or the scalloped edge, or fur lined (that would be so wow).

I don't use DS4, so I really, really hope you continue to make things for both Genesis and V4/M4/K4 ... :D :D :D

Oh yeah, I’d like the new cloak or expansion to be able to fit M4 better than the existing cloak made for V4 does, as well as F4 and a K4 versions. Kids wore cloaks, cape, and hoods in medieval times, too :D

So, what are the odds of me seeing something like the above cloak? I really don’t want to have to switch to Poser just because I can’t get Dynamics for my generation 4 people any more ... lol.

Oh, and one more request. A Dynamic set of beads or pearls. Various lengths.

I’ll do up any promo art if you like :DDD *I’m giving you the biggest toothy grin I’ve got*

Aidana

edited September 2012

Oh I forgot one thing. Is it possible to have it that you can scale the clothing X Y and Z on all parts? Sometimes it struggles to get over some Figure shapes specially on Genesis. Also if part rotation was included then thats even better. Then it can start the draping proccess.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The thing I would like to see is dynamic clothing for Genesis that doesn't require animation to work.

me too ;-)

• edited December 1969

Good to see you back, Martin. I like to see detailed dynamic clothing, like shirts with collars and cuffs. Asymmetrical skirts, interesting details...

@ZevO, I would love the scaling too, but I don't think Martin can make that happen -- it's up to optitex.

• edited December 1969

Is it difficult for you? There are lots of tutorials that should help. I know you're not alone in finding the animation timeline difficult, but I've also heard people say that once they actually tried it that it wasn't as scary.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Until scaling is an option, I scale everything else. Let me see if I can explain ...

If I know I want a V4 dress on a considerably smaller body, I scale the smaller body up to the general size (mainly height) of V4. Then, I scale everything else up in the scene at the same percentage as I scaled the smaller figure. I dress the now bigger, but still proportional figure, in the V4 outfit of my choice, drape, and voila!

It's a bit more complicated for more than one figure in a scene where there are various people sizes, but it's still doable. But I do think scaling Dynamics would make life easier, too ... lol.

• edited December 1969

Until scaling is an option, I scale everything else. Let me see if I can explain ...

If I know I want a V4 dress on a considerably smaller body, I scale the smaller body up to the general size (mainly height) of V4. Then, I scale everything else up in the scene at the same percentage as I scaled the smaller figure. I dress the now bigger, but still proportional figure, in the V4 outfit of my choice, drape, and voila!

It's a bit more complicated for more than one figure in a scene where there are various people sizes, but it's still doable. But I do think scaling Dynamics would make life easier, too ... lol.

The same height but different body dimensions seems to work well, but as you said, add in some scaling issues and things get complicated. I like how easy it is to scale a tablecloth in poser, and I can export it to Studio. But really, I shouldn't have to.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Honestly, I would like to see more tight fitted dynamic clothes like bathing suits and bikinis, there are so many different styles out there.
    A dynamic bodysuit for M4,
    A pencil skirt,
    Pair of slacks for women,
    Wide leg slacks,
    Turtleneck
    More medieval outfits
    Trenchcoat
    Gloves

edited December 1969

Have you got any Daz dynamic freebies? Most of what you mention can be found here

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Glad to see you're still with us!
    While we're all throwing around ideas, it's not particularly spectacular, but I'd like to see some - normal - dynamic school uniforms. I mean one can probably get something done with the existing products and clever use of shaders, but still, that often gets somewhat 'patchworky'

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Yay, I found the dynamic's thread again!

I'd love to see some more medieval and/or fantasy clothing, particularly for men. (M4, M5 or Genesis)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,210
    edited December 1969

I'd love to see some realistic layered styles. like a twin set for Victoria:

men's v-neck sweater and collared shirt:

v neck and tee shirt:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,664
    edited September 2012

I wish there was a way to fit the rigged clothes for V4 etc to Genesis.
    I love the century nightdress but can only use it as a dynamic prop on Genesis and in animations, invariably a boob pops out somewhere
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbpLkMtigj0
    I realize you rig clothes you make yourself and this was an Optitex item but is there some sort of way to rerig it without losing the dynamics, I just bought Blondie's rigging tutorial so will be venturing into this for me, uncharted area of studio.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:

Is it difficult for you? There are lots of tutorials that should help. I know you're not alone in finding the animation timeline difficult, but I've also heard people say that once they actually tried it that it wasn't as scary.

Timeline animation is broke on my copy of DS4 (haven't gone to 4.5 yet). I had to teach myself puppeteer animation to do an animated drape on Genesis. It was kinda fun, once I got the hang of it, but definitely a diff. skill set.

I've been doing animated timeline draping in DS3A for sometime now, and although it can be a challenge it is also kind of fun.

edited December 1969

I love the century nightdress but can only use it as a dynamic prop on Genesis and in animations, invariably a boob pops out somewhere
    I realize you rig clothes you make yourself and this was an Optitex item but is there some sort of way to rerig it without losing the dynamics, I just bought Blondie's rigging tutorial so will be venturing into this for me, uncharted area of studio.

Blondie's rigging tutorial can help you do weight-mapped, conforming clothing (that's not specifically what she uses as a guinea pig but the principles are similar) but the result would not be dynamic.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

All my fault there. I've had the genesis version for ages to finish and just have not gotten it sorted.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,664
    edited December 1969

please finish it! XOXOX I would rebuy a lot of the V4 outfits for Genesis, the belly dancer is another.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I've got got thumbs and promo's to do. But the honest truth is I am not at my best this week and its an uphill battle. After this I will doing new. Which I am pretty excited about because it is something I can really be fun and creative with. And with that in mind.. Which Fairy wings to most Genesis users have?

edited September 2012

YES. If there was like an autofit feature for dynamics before draping then that would be sweet:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I concure... Auto fit from Generation 4 dynamic clothing to Genesis would be a total Lifesaver!!! There are heaps of great stuff available to Gen 4 but next to none for genesis. :(

Or if all the current gen 4 dynamic clothing was suppoted for genesis, I would certainly start buying!!

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited September 2012

bigh said:

me too ;-)Because of all new possibility’s in Daz it become a little complicated to make the right choices what to make for the dynamic clothes.
    The first problem is, when the clothes are rigged on genesis the rigging will not work on the old avatars like M4 and V4 and visa versa.
    The second problem is that for an example V5 is scaled 95%, what the people wants 95% or 100% because dynamics you can not scale in Daz only in OptiTex and this is also the same with M5 where the scaling is 103.6%
    When I give 2 Options 95% and 100% we have the problem that we have to make 2 texture maps instead of one.
    I get every day emails from people who want to have the dynamics still working in DS3 and on the old avatars or in DS4 with the old avatars, and I get emails that they want it in DS4 on genesis.

The freebies are always a good indicator what the people want in the market
    Most of the freebies are made for V4 or M4 when I make a new freebie for genesis immediately I get a lot of reactions or it is also possible for the old V4 or M4 and even or it is possible in DS3 and when I make some new freebies for the old V4 I get emails why not for genesis.
    This is all confusing and maybe this thread will help to solve these issues.

Post edited by OptiTex_1206374 on