Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Dave clearly has an unusual level of will power and self restraint. Such things would not survive in my house.

Nor mine. In fact, I'd have to give up normal life for several weeks to lose what I gained.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited December 1969

Am I lucky or do I miss something? You can place as much of these goodies around me, this doesn't seduce me. Though the renders look good.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Am I lucky or do I miss something? You can place as much of these goodies around me, this doesn't seduce me. Though the renders look good.

Lucky!

1. Reduced dental costs.

2. Reduced need for dieting.

3. Less chance of diabetes.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Dave, I am glad to see you keep so many essential food products in your kitchen :coolsmirk:
    It does save having to cook, which in turn gives me more time to play with Bryce. :cheese:

Tell me, the jar next to the allsorts, what is in there. Is it indeed raspberry ruflles, if so they woulld be fun to render (as well as snack on)

To the left (as you look at the photo) are Quality Street and to the right, foamy mushroom shaped things.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah OK. at the moment I have WIne gums, Coconut mushrooms, raspberry ruffles, mint humbugs and of course allsorts in my kitchen supplies.Never thought of trying to render them though.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

You're lucky, or an anomaly. :)

edited December 1969

You're lucky, or an anomaly. :)

Then it is an anomaly, I'm seldom lucky. ;)

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen. Thankyou.

Been trying out the DOF after watching the tutorial you suggested.
    Just wanted something simple to practice with so I made this chain.

Rendered with DOF on and 36 pixels per ray. I was going to try 256 but Bryce came up with a render time
    of 1 day and 5 hours even though I have a 2.4 Ghz quad core processor, 4 gig of ram (I know 32 bit os can't see it all)
    and an Nvidia GTS450 Graphics Card.

I used a hidden ball object on the link nearest the foreground.
    I'm quite pleased with the result even though it's only a slight
    difference between foreground and background.

Chain_Dof.jpg
    800 x 600 - 248K
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:

Rendered with DOF on and 36 pixels per ray. I was going to try 256 but Bryce came up with a render time
    of 1 day and 5 hours even though I have a 2.4 Ghz quad core processor, 4 gig of ram (I know 32 bit os can't see it all)

It's often the subtle differences that are the most satisfying.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

My version of one of the tutorials, not had a chance to do anything of my own yet, being a real novice
    ;-)[/quote}

It is a nice render. The simplicity and clean lines make it interesting.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:

It's often the subtle differences that are the most satisfying.

Yes I agree with Mark here, set your effect and then give it a minute, and turn it down by half.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:

It looks great as it is... very natural and subtle. :)

But if you wanted it to blur more; in your DoF setting in the render set up window, just increase the number (It's default is 0.1). The changes it makes will depend on how big your object is and how far away the camera is from it, but experimenting using the plop render is an easy way to try different settings without having to render the whole thing.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys. I'm always ready to try new or different things to improve my images.
    I'm just a little impatient when it comes to long render times.

edited December 1969

Oh and I suppose I should have said, the chain looks fantastic! Boolean again?

edited December 1969

Excellent chain!

edited December 1969

Pam will recognise this model. :-)

I've spent a few hours sprucing it up in Bryce, adding procedural textures for most of the bits.
    The Bigsby Trem was a challange as it was picture mapped including the logo, so making it procedural meant losing the logo.
    In the end I cheated and brought in the picture in the bump channel meaning I got the procedural metal and the etched out logo (setting bump to minus value).

I messed with the material settings on the main guitar body which was also a picture, but adding a slight reflectivity and some red/orange specular made it look great when I added the HDRI based reflection.
    Whole thing lit by HRDI and one radial fill light, rendered with TA at 36RPP. Render time; 45 minutes.
    It looks a bit noisy and I'm just doing another render now at 64RPP from a slightly different angle.

Gretsch-Silk.jpg
    1120 x 440 - 312K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the kind comments.

The chain was made with 2 flattened cylinders and 2 metaballs for the top and bottom plates.
    The metaballs were just close enough together to merge and give the curves.
    The flattened cylinders were just to give a bit of thickness to the ends of the plates.
    The bits between the plates are just cylinders.
    There is also text on the top as the image was going to be bigger and it would have been readable
    at a larger size, but I decided to make the whole thing smaller and it's a bit illegible.
    Should have removed it really, may have reduced the render time a little.

Chain_parts.jpg
    505 x 253 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Pam will recognise this model. :-)

I've spent a few hours sprucing it up in Bryce, adding procedural textures for most of the bits.
    The Bigsby Trem was a challange as it was picture mapped including the logo, so making it procedural meant losing the logo.
    In the end I cheated and brought in the picture in the bump channel meaning I got the procedural metal and the etched out logo (setting bump to minus value).

I messed with the material settings on the main guitar body which was also a picture, but adding a slight reflectivity and some red/orange specular made it look great when I added the HDRI based reflection.
    Whole thing lit by HRDI and one radial fill light, rendered with TA at 36RPP. Render time; 45 minutes.
    It looks a bit noisy and I'm just doing another render now at 64RPP from a slightly different angle.

That looks great Dave, well done. I used just the pisture tex with mine, but it was only one part of the render, so didn't matter too much
  • goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18
    edited September 2012

this is the first wave style that I've made,just getting the hang of Bryce and all that you can do in it. This is the updated wave file.

wave_true_12.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 416K
    Post edited by goofygrape on
  • goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

WIP
    First try at layers as in the name 9
    I did not make the gazebo but did the painting and everything else.
    I am not very good at tooting my own horn so bear with me
    :)
    BigJohn

arbor9.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 737K
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - very nice render!

edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - so simple? One needs to have the imagination to know what is needed. I'm terribly bad at modeling.

edited December 1969

@goofygrape - very good start! Keep it up.

edited December 1969

WIP
    First try at layers as in the name 9
    I did not make the gazebo but did the painting and everything else.
    I am not very good at tooting my own horn so bear with me
    :)
    BigJohn

Looks good so far, the only thing I would change is to make the grass a slightly darker shade of green.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @StuartB4 - so simple? One needs to have the imagination to know what is needed. I'm terribly bad at modeling.

They also need patience. The thing that has impressed me about StuartB4's work is the level of detail. The parts for building an element of a scene may be fairly simple but the patience involved in such tedious attention to detail is something alot of people don't have. My wife has no interest in 3D art but if she did she could never do something like that because she's terribly impatient. She would be wondering how come there isn't a button she can push to create the fully formed chain positioned exactly the way she wanted it. :)

edited December 1969

She needs one of these

April_1st_render.jpg
    720 x 720 - 77K
    edited September 2012

My wife has no interest in 3D art but if she did she could never do something like that because she’s terribly impatient. She would be wondering how come there isn’t a button she can push to create the fully formed chain positioned exactly the way she wanted it.

My wife and my brother think like that. They both see computers in movies and wonder why ours can't do the things they do,
    like press a key and change the world.
    I told them "I just need to re-program ours a bit"

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited December 1969

@chohole - :)

edited September 2012

chohole said:
    She needs one of these
    Exactly, actually I believe I do have that one for her somewhere in my collection, along with the Ultimate Morphing Hi-Res Millennium Cube, Unflatable Pony III, V4 Male Millennium Ultimate Madness Fit Bundle Pack and last but not least, Gullible Expressions. See? I keep telling everyone I've been with Daz a long time! :)

Edit: Ohhh I just noticed, I got two shiney green things under my name now......Cool!

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Plausible lighting setup? Don't ask about the render time... a couple of hours at least. But as a proof of concept, what do you think of the quality of light?

Kitchen_light_test4.jpg
    700 x 700 - 194K
This discussion has been closed.