Installing ZIP Files for DAZ Studio 3 and DAZ Studio 4 Tutorial

adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
edited December 2013 in New Users

This full tutorial can be viewed in it's entirety in the old DAZ Forum Site. Installing ZIP Files for DAZ Studio 3 and DAZ Studio 4 Tutorial
Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• johngoldsworthy1johngoldsworthy1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

what order do install the add ons in i have a few and just dont know where to start

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

what order do install the add ons in i have a few and just dont know where to start
    Which product and which addons? I'd be happy to help. :)
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

I'm still around. I can help also.

HERE is a LINK to the OLD TUTORIAL in PDF Format Here

HERE is a link to the NEW Mini Tutorials on DIM Zip files and Much more.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • emanouel1979emanouel1979 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi I'm new here, i have DAZ Studio on MAC and i currently purchases these items

Katreena PACK $17.95
    and
    Victoria Base 4.2

im not seeing the people for the purchased characters. all i see is genesis

i installed all the files into my mac that came in the package

thanks

edited December 1969

If they were installed properly, and we will assume they were, they should show up in your Content Library Tab in the Poser Formats section. Those are older files and will not show in the Smart Content Tab.
    I hope this helped you if not let me know.

edited December 1969

since they are older how do i use them ??? is there a way to use them.

thanks in advance

edited December 1969

They are perfectly good items. V4 is a stand alone character that you can load just like Genesis. And the other set is some textures to make your V4 have that skin and some morphs and stuff. By older I just ment they were made before DS4 and Genesis. Some of the older sets only show in the Content Library Tab because they do not have the NEW Metadata files, the items with Metadata are the only ones that will show up in DS4 or DS4.5 in the Smart Content Tab. We all were using those OLDER files before DS4, Genesis and Metadata was released.

Did you find your files?

edited December 1969

thanks for the info.

i just removed the app fro my mac and re installed it.

for the victoria 4.2 base i was able to specify the location it saves to. now they are stored in my library / people

im still not sure now to access the files

any suggestions??

sorry im new to this, just got this software yesterday

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

You can find it in DAZ Studio Format/My Library/People

edited December 1969

i found the files there but how do i use them in the program ????

edited December 1969

i found the files there, but how do i use them in the program ????

edited December 1969

I'm not a Mac user but you should be able to load Victoria 4.2 by clicking on the icon. I'm not sure what all comes in that package but I think you get some textures that are Skins you add after you load the model and some poses that will put the pose you select on the character after you have it loaded.

Are you 100% new to 3D? If you are I can point you to some good starter videos.

edited July 2012

Hi,

i dont see the icon when i load the program, i wonder if there is a way to point the app to the files??

i dont have any of the paid items showing up in the program. i am using the 64 bit version, im not sure if that makes any issue,

i just purchased the victoria 4.2 BASE, do i need to get the morphs as well ???

im new to 3D but im not having problems with the app, i found the learning curve to be quite easy,

by the way the victoria pack includes

Victoria 4.2 Base
    Installers
    Victoria 4 Base Power Loader - exe - pc
    Victoria 4 Base Power Loader - zip - mac
    Victoria 4.2 Base (Mac) - zip
    Victoria 4.2 Base (PC) - exe
    Victoria 4.2 DS Poses (Mac) - zip
    Victoria 4.2 DS Poses (PC) - exe

whats the windows way to use older 4.0 versions of files ?

Post edited by emanouel1979 on
    edited December 1969

I will find you some Mac help. I'm afraid I'm in over my head when it comes to the Mac. Please be paitent, I will find you the help you need.

edited July 2012

Jaderail,

thanks in advance,

do you also know if i can upgrade from the victoria 4.2 base to 5 and just pay the difference,i never got my 30 % off coupon for my first order , and i know its a few dollars more

test.png
    898 x 489 - 121K
    Post edited by emanouel1979 on
    edited December 1969

I do not. That is a Folder file view, can you find your V4 in your Content Libray Tab when DS is running? That is what I need to know. Does it show up when You look for it inside DS like your other content?

I have asked for help for you.

P.S. You can get a 100% refund on anything you buy from DAZ within 30 days of buying it. You could then put the refund towards buying V5.

edited December 1969

no they dont show up in the content library tab. i just see the genesis.

i also purchased the katerna, which needs the victoria 4.2.

i think the best option would be to get a refund and just download the Victoria 5.0 pack

so when i purchase a victoria 5.0 pack ill be able to select it instead of genesis to create characters ???

edited July 2012

No. V5 is a morph of Genesis. It is a very good character, I have it. In Shaping you just set Genesis to the V5 shape you wish to use.
    You have a SMART Content Tab and a Content Library Tab both. If you can not see the Content Libary Tab you will need to open it under the menu Window and then Tabs and select Content Library. I'm not sure if you know that so I covered it just in case.

The person I PM'ed for help has not replied yet. They may not be online again untill tomorrow USA time. I hope you can wait. Your problem might not be much of a problem. I'm just not sure. Sorry.

edited December 1969

im a bit confused..

what do i need then ??

v5 is just a morph ???

whats the typical way of buying stuff here

edited December 1969

Genesis is a Figure that can be ANY humanoid figure that it has a morph for. We no longer need 6 characters to make 6 different characters. Genesis can be V4 M4 V5 M5 a Troll a Werewolf any shape that has been made for it. It is a very new way to do things and very powerful.

edited December 1969

since Genesis can be anything, im just wondering how to have it load a m4 character base.

edited December 1969

You need the Genesis M4 Shape. It is a morph for Genesis just like M5 or V5. Here are some shapes I have for Genesis. All of these are Genesis with a different shape Morph applied.

!Genesis.jpg
    800 x 800 - 155K
    edited December 1969

if i purchase the Genesis M4 Shape ill be able to use the v4 like victoria and katerna ?

thanks for the pic

edited July 2012

No, V4 is a Figure just like Genesis is a figure. It was made before Genesis, V4 can only be shapes made for the V4 figure. I also have it. I have V4 M4 A4 H4 F4 and G4, they all were made before the Genesis was invented. Only the Genesis Figure can be all of those and many many more. Have you looked in the Store for Genesis? You will find so much stuff, it is really very cool.

Check this page, all this is just Genesis and it is PAGES full.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Genesis

edited December 1969

i did look into the genesis on the store.

also was looking into this

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/crimson-tide/

so since this is clothing would it work with genesis i know it says

Compatible 3D Figures Victoria 4

edited December 1969

Opps.. I'm past my bedtime. I'm a disabled person with a live in caretaker. I have been told to get off my PC soon. I think if you just look into DS4 and the New Genesis chatacter in the shop you will see just how powerfull the software is and what can be done with the new Genesis figure. I will be back tomorrow but I must go very soon.

edited July 2012

i did look into the genesis on the store.

also was looking into this

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/crimson-tide/

so since this is clothing would it work with genesis i know it says

Compatible 3D Figures Victoria 4

No it says Required Product is http://www.daz3d.com/shop/witch-hunter-for-v4/ that one you pointed to is a new Texture for the one I just listed. The Required Items always point to the item it was made for. That is a Set of Clothes for V4 and a new Texture for the same clothes to make them look different.

I must go now Cecile is kicking me off the PC. It is for my health. I will talk more tomorrow.
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help today.

the Witch Hunter v4 also requires this

Compatible 3D Figures Victoria 4, Victoria 4 Elite

so i guess they will no be compatible with genesis >?

or am i wrong , as genesis works with all clothes.

talk to you tomorrow. you got a link to request a refund??

edited December 1969

I found you this link http://www.daz3d.com/products/genesis/genesis-what-is-genesis/
    You should go over all of this info. It can explain Genesis much better than I can.

edited December 1969

actually i was reading that last night.

do you have links to where to request a refund ??

ill take your advice and get genesis items