Art of the Promo

Comments

• To be fair, that's ForbiddenWhispers handywork, I can only take credit for the modelling.  Me and DS, we are not friends.  I can coax the Octane Render plugin to give me something nice from time to time, but if I spend too long in DS I end up pulling out my hair in bloody clumps.  Maybe one day... but it ain't happened yet.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited February 2016

There's going to be a few postings today.  Stonemason's new Lost Future set has a whole slew of very nice promos,  but the one showcasing AM wolf is particularly impressive.  It has just the right balance of light and shadows and hints at the meticulous details in the environment.  Be sure to check them out on the page. 

mainimage_lostfuture.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 356K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Not sure how I missed this one in the past,  but this underwater-bathysphere promo image by David Brinnen  & ForbiddenWhispers is pretty darn cool with the iray volumtric fog distance dropoff.  Well done.

Glad you like it, Sorry to disappoint, but all the backdrop and fog/lighting is all postwork. 

edited February 2016

This one's very simple yet it catches the eye.  AntFarm's Helper bots are in the ageless struggle.  Fire and Ice,  Hot and cold, red vs blue.  Classic.  Triggering the mythic will always work. 

helper-antfarm.jpg
    2664 x 1529 - 421K
  • I love the main promo for Stonemason's Lost Future set. It's amazing and really catches the eye.

• Classic magazine ad type promo for Hiking Shoes.  New first product by Kool.  I like the boot,  but I am wondering why there isn't a promo of Genesis 3 wearing them? 

Kool-hiking shoe_27.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 443K
  • Glad you like it, Sorry to disappoint, but all the backdrop and fog/lighting is all postwork. 

Thanks for setting the record straight,  still a very catchy  promo image nonetheless.

edited February 2016

It's good  seeing bird's eye shot like this,  which TangoAlpha shows the entire scene of Jackson Field.  Another one of those functional promos that give a clear indication of what you're getting.  Cool.

jacksons-field-TangoAlpha50.jpg
    650 x 500 - 81K
  • Glad you like it, Sorry to disappoint, but all the backdrop and fog/lighting is all postwork. 

Thanks for setting the record straight,  still a very catchy  promo image nonetheless.

I sometimes need to compromise between long render times and postwork. I'm just glad its good enough to have fooled you to think it was all render... hehe *grins*

edited February 2016

Expanding the purview of the Art of the Promo today,  this seriously cool promo image by Mark Lawson and his Cliffhanger rock set for Vue. 

Monsoon_s_Cliffhangers_Volume_2_Vue_117_6_img.jpg
    681 x 879 - 501K
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Re: Cliffhanger rock set for Vue

Really amazing, I missed this one. Thanks for posting. The blue haze brings some nice depth.

• All I can say is Ron Deviney's Impressions left an impression, expecially this one,  there's atleast 3 cool works of art on the page .

I am always amazed at the quality of his promos.... Something for me to aspire to for sure!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited February 2016

I really like the simplicity, lighting and contrast in i13's new promos.  The girl is attractive too.

http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/4/04-i13-flawless-pose-collection-for-the-genesis-3-females-daz3d.jpg

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2016

Don't usually showcase straight portraits but we'll make an exception today cause this is a particularly good promo by gypsyangel for Ragnar Gianni7.  Its got a whole Jason Mamoa thing going on with the beard,  and rogue pirates are always cool. 

ragnar.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 144K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

man that is awesome work. 

edited February 2016

This one hasn't hit the store yet,  but since Stonemason just posted some screens in the Commons we know Canals of Tuscany is on its way.  European canals,  can work for Venice as well. 

stonemasons-tuscany.jpg
    1500 x 840 - 164K
  • That promo of Ragnar is amazing.

Ohh I love the look of that set from Stonemason and those screens are beautiful. 

edited February 2016

I'm tempted to add this one here  well just cause esha made it so darn tempting...

sweet-temptation.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 250K

Im liking these.  Beatuiful poses too

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    edited February 2016

I'm tempted to add this one here  well just cause esha made it so darn tempting...

those are actually the first 3D food items that I really found mouth watering. Great work esha :)

Post edited by Leana on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541
    Leana said:

those are actually the first 3D food items that I really found mouth watering. Great work esha :)

As a Chef, I found these fantasticly well done. I was highly impressed at the details. 

edited February 2016

I have to admit Im loving the colours and lighting here

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Very cool coffee shop!

edited February 2016

Some intense color choice in this new promo for the Tasmanian Devil by AM. 

TazMan.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 273K
    edited February 2016

I found this one by Antfarm funny,  she's got the "Did I do that?"  look on her face,  and the background fits in well with the explosive props.  You've got to have a sense of humor doing this.

boom40-antfarm-explosive.jpg
    612 x 840 - 190K

I just look at what Antfarm makes and know he has a wicked sense of humour...and I mean that as a compliment. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

You gotta love a bomb that says "boom". 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You gotta love a bomb that says "boom". 

With a bit of judicious editing You could get it to sing it instead 

Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang when you are near
    Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang loud in my ear

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

So do any of the past couple of days' releases catch anyone's attention?

yeah I like this one from Jack's Asian Court 2 Iray Add-on http://www.daz3d.com/aslan-court-2-iray-addon