DressShop -- on Sale at DAZ [Commercial]

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

Just posted a video on youtube called DressShop QuickStart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQphn8FyJCA&feature=youtu.be
    It offers an overview of a simple project. More complex projects to come!
    Video and manual also available at http://www.abalonellc.com/watchdemovideo.html
    Laslo

...that black seam in the skirt bend for the right knee forward doesn't look promising.
  • Guardian Angel 671Guardian Angel 671 Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

This looks interesting.I'd love to try this if you still need peeps:) I have DS4.6 as well.

• SissyBSissyB Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

i would love to test it too. On windows 8 please.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Wow, that looks pretty darned neat.

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

are betatesters still wanted ? in that case i'd like to apply

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Just posted a video on youtube called DressShop QuickStart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQphn8FyJCA&feature=youtu.be
    It offers an overview of a simple project. More complex projects to come!
    Video and manual also available at http://www.abalonellc.com/watchdemovideo.html
    Laslo

...that black seam in the skirt bend for the right knee forward doesn't look promising.

I noticed that too like there needs to be some weight mapping to soften up areas that are bending or twisting.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    [quote author="Kyoto Kid" date="1373858774"

I noticed that too like there needs to be some weight mapping to soften up areas that are bending or twisting.

You guys bring up a good point. Isn't weight mapping transfer takes place in Studio?
    Since I am not very converse with weight mapping, can someone walk me through it?
    Much appreciated...
    Laslo

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited July 2013

I'd like to have a look at it.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
    edited July 2013

RAMWolff said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

You guys bring up a good point. Isn't weight mapping transfer takes place in Studio?
    Since I am not very converse with weight mapping, can someone walk me through it?
    Much appreciated...
    Laslo
    ...that would involve rigging the clothing for Genesis/G2F using the Content Creator Tools in Daz 4.6 or Setup Room in Poser Pro 2012/2014. I am not really up to speed on that yet as I am learning to work with Marvelous Designer which also handles dynamic cloth simulation.

Edited to fix broken tag.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Weight maps are transferred to the clothing item when you rig the item to Genesis using the Transfer Utility. Then you just need to adjust them until the clothing lays neatly.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    i have pmd u hun on here not sure if u got it im also interested in testing it

I have also sent a PM to laslo but haven't heard from him maybe his inbox is full.

But if there is still room to test I would be interested Laslo.

Steve.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Weight maps are transferred to the clothing item when you rig the item to Genesis using the Transfer Utility. Then you just need to adjust them until the clothing lays neatly.

Wilmap,

This is exactly what the tutorial suggest, except for the last part ( Then you just need to adjust them until the clothing lays neatly).
    How adjust?
    Laslo

edited December 1969

All,

we just closed the beta tester list. People will be receiving beta copies by the end of this week.
    Thanks all for your interest - this will be an exciting product launch!
    Laslo

edited July 2013

You need to go into the Weightmap tab and select each part of the dress and adjust until it lies properly.

You really need to read Blondies Rigging tutorial that is on sale in the Daz shop. It explains it far better than I could.

http://www.daz3d.com/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Aw, too bad I didn't see this till now!! I blame the typhoon we had :(

Would have loved to test this, it sounds and looks interesting. A very promising new tool...

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    You need to go into the Weightmap tab and select each part of the dress and adjust until it lies properly.

You really need to read Blondies Rigging tutorial that is on sale in the Daz shop. It explains it far better than I could.

Wilmap,
    This is great info. I purchased the tut and it is very helpful. My position still is that weightmap adjustment is outside the scope of DressShop and would need to be done by the user in DAZ Studio. I will include hints of how it is done in the DressShop Tutorial, though.
    There's already a part about transferring rigging and I can easily add this to it.
    Thanks, you are awesome!
    Laslo

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

If you still invite testers, I would be honoured to help, the concept of the product is thrilling.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Wilmap,
    This is great info. I purchased the tut and it is very helpful. My position still is that weightmap adjustment is outside the scope of DressShop and would need to be done by the user in DAZ Studio. I will include hints of how it is done in the DressShop Tutorial, though.
    There's already a part about transferring rigging and I can easily add this to it.
    Thanks, you are awesome!
    Laslo

IMHO.... your creating a new way to make dresses. For long dresses we don't have a nice template so we end up with the figures default bones and weight mapping added to the dress. This is not a good thing since the dress should have different bones for the skirt and weight mapping to allow the end user to have it move more naturally.

There is a long dress template in the store by bobbie25 ( http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit) . IF your program or plugin is for Genesis 01, great, I think the template/rigging/weight mapping product is a merchant resource but if your program is also making dresses for Genesis 02F then there is an issue because the rigging is slightly different. So there would be an issue with that.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I understand clear,, weight map and rig are depend on user (with CCT include transfer utilities)
    but I really hope you (Abalone LLC) to buy the Brondie tutorial (no2) and read it through out.
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-rigging-in-daz-studio-4-pro

it show you clear,, meshes which your tool will make is really important untill user color weight map and rig by TU and CCT.
    without good mesh which have well organized densities for particular area,
    and clean arranged with co-planner. it simply make bad clothing which cause many trouble whne user really use it
    with pozing and morphs (may apply smooth modifier etc)

Talking in scope of your tool (to make base clothing obj)

if user can choose some type of edges (piped, r stiches or turn over meshes,,etc)
    and can add accessory of the clothings, zip , button etc. with some templates,, it seems really cool,,,,

Of course,, if you can offer good templates with some ghost rigs and morphs,,, for transfer utilities,,
    it must append more worth of your products. (but it seems out of scope of your plan,,)

Then,,, I feel you may need to apply option to make base obj for Gen2F and genesis ^^;
    sorry if I am too dreamer,,, but these Function must be useful. so I suggest them.

edited December 1969

I don't think this program is about rigging the clothes. It seems to be a way to make the basic clothing object.

If this makes it easier and quicker to make the garment then it will be a good thing to have.

When I make clothing now, the base garment is made in a modelling program and all rigging etc is done in Daz.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I don't think this program is about rigging the clothes. It seems to be a way to make the basic clothing object.

If this makes it easier and quicker to make the garment then it will be a good thing to have.

When I make clothing now, the base garment is made in a modelling program and all rigging etc is done in Daz.

I agree. WE provide a solid dense mesh and instructions on how to transfer rigging in DAZ Studio. The issue is that we don't know in advance what garments for what figure are created, so there's no way to create rigging and weight map in DressShop.
    Fortunately, with DAZ 4.6 these tasks are made very simple and efficient.
    Laslo

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

That's what I'd already supposed from what I had seen already. Should be fun making clothing in a style that suits the user.

edited December 1969

...will be interesting to see some results posted.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Are you still looking for Beta-Testers and can your program be used by beginners too ?
    Making a cloth for DS from a photo sounds really interesting.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

just a tip, i would change the title to reflect you are no longer looking for testers.

edited December 1969

just a tip, i would change the title to reflect you are no longer looking for testers.

Yeah, i keep checking back "just in case!"
    Ah well....

edited December 1969

Ah well....

Belovedalia. you won!
    I just added you to the testers:-)
    Pls. send me an email: [email protected]
    Laslo

edited December 1969

Ah well....

Belovedalia. you won!
    I just added you to the testers:-)
    Pls. send me an email: [email protected]
    Laslo

Laso

Aha! i couldn't see the email until I hit quote then I can see it. Sending an email now :) Thank you so much!! :)

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Been without internet for a week due to moving and come back and see this, wow this is very interesting, add me to the list of people who are willing to beta test if down the road you need more testers, either way looking forward to more info on this.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I was hoping to have heard something but it seems you have filled up - another time perhaps.