Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Ya that makes sense, this is my hobby, I spend way more than I should here and I refuse to calculate how much a month or even year because I don't want to know lol since I get a lot of impulse buys, 

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited May 2016
    dkgoose said:

Lol, no I grab the items at a supermarket or store and sometimes even wait to buy the items at stores.  I don't have huge budget either, so most of the stuff I buy here is when it's on sale during its initial release or another sale, I just feel bad sometimes for buying the ones that have a huge discount.

It was the PA Festival serveral years ago, when DAZ gave away a Generation4 Pro Bundle for free each day, with purchase of a new item. I ended up buying something I don´t need just to get the advertised Pro Bundle. I still think it was worth it. :-)

Most of us are hobbyist and on a limited budget. So if something is free for a limited time or on a crazy discount, noone can blame you if you grab what you can. ;-)

And by the way, I would have never invested in PlugIns or 3D Models without DAZ Studio being free. So thank you, DAZ3D, for the generosity and keeping me hooked as a customer for years now! :-)

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Yes definite thanks to Daz and the PA's

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    dkgoose said:

I have an odd question, and I'm not sure if it will be taken wrong and removed but it's not directed to be bad, anyway, do you think it's frowned upon buying products on fastgrab or on sale from your wishlist as to not always buying them when they are not on sale?    I'm hesitant sometimes to buy products because they are sometime discounted really low and if if its considered a loss to the artist because the price difference.  Again I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

If you are Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg, yes. Otherwise thats what sales are for - spur a spike in sales.

Then again, Gates and Zuckerberg didn't get rich by buying everything at full price - so sales prices are ok for them too.

• FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
    dkgoose said:

I have an odd question, and I'm not sure if it will be taken wrong and removed but it's not directed to be bad, anyway, do you think it's frowned upon buying products on fastgrab or on sale from your wishlist as to not always buying them when they are not on sale?    I'm hesitant sometimes to buy products because they are sometime discounted really low and if if its considered a loss to the artist because the price difference.  Again I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

From a PA stand point, fastgrabs are not big money makers, the discount is so high, and the sale only lasts a day, so whatever we make on fastgrab sales, is pretty much loose change.

But it's not really the point of fastgrabs, they're here to drive traffic to the store and have a thread like this one for example, and hopefully while coming here, you'll find something else you like at a lesser discount.

That's what fastgrabs are for. So don't feel bad for grabing them. It's not really our money makers :)

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

The only deals I would feel bad about are those that are a result of a technical glitch / human error in the store (so not really deals, rather mistakes). If I inadvertently took advantage of something like that I would seek to return the item/s.

If there are legitimate discounts that disadvantage PAs, that's for the PAs to sort out with DAZ. As a brokerage, DAZ has to keep the PAs happy as well as the customers. If DAZ gets the balance persistently wrong, everyone can leave.

I love free trade!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Fastgrab has changed.

Sorf of flash sale: http://www.daz3d.com/pret-a-3d 50% off

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I've noticed a trend recently, seeing more of these flash sales starting at DAZ midnight. Looks like DAZ heard the pleas from our non-US community members.
    yes yes

New stuff in fastgrab.

Flash sale: http://www.daz3d.com/lyoness 60% off

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

If your quick you cam catch me flashing!!! ; ) yeah I went there.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-antfarm

Can't believe nobody posted this yet. :) http://www.daz3d.com/war-zone-flash-sale

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I mean it's more of the day's sale (because no new item day) than a real flash sale so I didn't bother.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    AntMan said:

If your quick you cam catch me flashing!!! ; ) yeah I went there.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-antfarm

Yes nice supprise. Got the Drone that I had on my Wishlist for quite some time...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350

New Fast Grabs are up

New stuff in fastgrab.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

50% off Daz Originals! Yay! I can finally afford to get Victoria 7! *does happy dance*

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Faveral said:

But it's not really the point of fastgrabs, they're here to drive traffic to the store and have a thread like this one for example, and hopefully while coming here, you'll find something else you like at a lesser discount.

Also concider that big sales might encourage you to experiment with something that catches your eye  but you'd otherwise pass on, and you might get a new favorite PA.

I'm far more likely to buy something pricey if I've gotten other stuff from the artist and know the work they do, the way they do rigging or surfaces etc.

edited May 2016

Fastgrab has changed, and among others, it has a nice item from Jack.

Post edited by Ati on
  • Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    Ati said:

Double nice, since there's a PC+ Iray add-on for the library just released.

Ati said:

Double nice, since there's a PC+ Iray add-on for the library just released.

They did that with Anderson Hall, too, when Jack released a PC+ Iray add-on. Very thoughtful of DAZ, imo.

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

Was the library a PC Item? I purchased it when it was first released, so I don't remember. But, it's weird that they offer PC addons for non-pc items, if it wasn't. Not that I'm complaining. I love his stuff!

Was the library a PC Item? I purchased it when it was first released, so I don't remember. But, it's weird that they offer PC addons for non-pc items, if it wasn't. Not that I'm complaining. I love his stuff!

No, The Library is "merely" DO. And Anderson Hall wasn't even a DO. But I think it's really nice of Jack to make the Iray Add-ons for his products PC+ items. And equally nice of DAZ to put the required product in Fast Grab. With Anderson Hall, they kept it in Fast Grab for at least two days, maybe longer. I suspect  The Library will be there a couple of days, too. (But don't count on it! lol)

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
    L'Adair said:

No, The Library is "merely" DO. And Anderson Hall wasn't even a DO. But I think it's really nice of Jack to make the Iray Add-ons for his products PC+ items. And equally nice of DAZ to put the required product in Fast Grab. With Anderson Hall, they kept it in Fast Grab for at least two days, maybe longer. I suspect  The Library will be there a couple of days, too. (But don't count on it! lol)

I own the library, so I won't be getting that one. I have been bitten a few times lately by waiting a day too long to purchase something from the fast grab...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309
    L'Adair said:

The library is not a DO, it is a PA product.

Havos said:
    L'Adair said:

The library is not a DO, it is a PA product.

I thought I checked it before making that statement. Must be another page I opened. Old memory place tricks on me, sometimes... Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.