3D World Says DAZ Plans for Generation 6 in 2013 [UPDATE] Well, now it's here!

Comments

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Just have to wait until DAZ releases more information, However i can tell i'll be watching this with very mixed feelings (and thinking about money before investing in a new generation).

What i would like to add,

In my opinion. DAZ really could benefit/ needs a good PR manager or something like that, to communicate to the customers and pays attention to what is happening. Especially when looking back to the release of the 5th generation and genesis and now this.

Adding new products (by mistake?), removing them quickly and no word except in the members only forum (some new products pictures from what i understand). Will only cause speculations run wild and quite a few in a negative sense...

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited June 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    [ None of the Genesis2 content will be compatible with Genesis "Classic", just as Genesis content was not compatible with Gen4. Based on the two items I've seen and the promos, I already know that. [.....]
    ...and what of Studio5? Certainly from what I've seen of the requirements for Genesis2/Vicky6 (DazStudio 4.6+) it seems that 5th edition is not far behind.

...and like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have doubts that it will be "free". This is basically a kick to the gut for those of us on an extremely limited budget who in spite of the fact have already managed to made a hefty investment in this "hobby".

No offence Kyoto Kid but do you know these things - or are you just taking a guess? And based on what? The goof-ups the DAZ personell've done lately?

From where comes the assumption that the character will be gender split again? After all the merge of Genesis into one figure was a huge leap forwards. Going from car to horse and carriage makes absolutely no sense to me.

From where comes the assumption that DAZ6 & G2 would not become free products?

I'm curious, because I'm not the slightest 'in the know' I just sit on my little islet at the end of the world and do my thing.

Post edited by Hera on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

For those not in the member's forum- the photos were nice, don't get me wrong, but to my VERY untrained eye I didn't see anything that shouted "I'm SO different you need to catch your breath!" Keep in mind things could have creases galore and it would take me awhile to see them (such as V4 compared to Genesis when the thigh was bent up and where it connects to the body would literally fold.) I didn't see anything in the new characters' faces that would make me desert Genesis and all those lovely characters I've bought.

Kyoto Kid- I really feel bad for you- because I know your employment situation puts so much stress on you and impacts everything- everything, every minute of the day- except when you can escape to doodle. Don't let this upset you, it's not worth it- and you won't be "left behind" or have problems with the content you've got- as many of us are going to choose to stay right there with you. A lot of people don't buy things at first release, and wait for a substantial price drop, and this will be no different if Genesis 2 isn't free. Don't sweat it. Go doodle! (smiles)
    Cathie

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Herakleia- can we join you on your little islet at the end of the world? Sounds lovely!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2013

No offence Kyoto Kid but do you know these things - or are you just taking a guess?

At the moment, until Someone in the know at DAZ 3D comes in and gives out some informed information, everything that is being posted in this sort of comment is pure unsubstantiated speculation.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited June 2013

Novica said:
    For those not in the member's forum- the photos were nice, don't get me wrong, but to my VERY untrained eye I didn't see anything that shouted "I'm SO different you need to catch your breath!" Keep in mind things could have creases galore and it would take me awhile to see them (such as V4 compared to Genesis when the thigh was bent up and where it connects to the body would literally fold.) I didn't see anything in the new characters' faces that would make me desert Genesis and all those lovely characters I've bought.

Kyoto Kid- I really feel bad for you- because I know your employment situation puts so much stress on you and impacts everything- everything, every minute of the day- except when you can escape to doodle. Don't let this upset you, it's not worth it- and you won't be "left behind" or have problems with the content you've got- as many of us are going to choose to stay right there with you. A lot of people don't buy things at first release, and wait for a substantial price drop, and this will be no different if Genesis 2 isn't free. Don't sweat it. Go doodle! (smiles)
    Cathie

...thank you. This is the way I tell a story. I just don't want to spend a lot of my time and love just to have it lost among all the 3D "bling"
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited June 2013

I'm trying to think positive - this might be the start of something awesome, so long as I can afford it.

Post edited by Jabba on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited June 2013

Jabba101 said:
    I'm trying to think positive - this might be the start of something awesome, so long as I can afford it.

Well from my point of view, you don't even need to stay positive. You can always opt to stay neutral -- that is, "I am waiting for more information to come down the pipe". I know my purchasing habit (highly impulsive), which is why I am pretty sure I will be an early adopter -- I can't resist the Shiny. However, I am neutral in the sense that I want to know more about things to come before I judge one way or another for realz.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

I’m perfectly happy with Genesis. But If Genesis 2 is an improvement, I’d switch, if its meant to go backwards to the pain and limitations of separate figures and Poser compatibility, I think I’ll have to pass, but we'll see.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can someone explain the reason why we need to change to Genesis 2.0?

- what 's the difference or better improvements between Genesis 2.0 vs Genesis?
    - why it's only working in daz 4.6 and up?
    - genesis 2.0 rig is it better against genesis?
    - genesis 2.0 finally anatomicly correct figure with gens included?
    - will IK finally work in the next daz release?
    - genesis 2.0 and it features in max, modo, c4d, etc.?
    - genesis 2.0 and poser (this is the less important one for me, but it's personal me not like poser)

can we have some official daz statement? there is enough forum bashing and guessing around here.
    WE "the none special pm member daz club",
    We like to receive some official statement explaining why and what we can expect from the new Genesis 2.0

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2013

Greetings,

Skiriki said:
    Jabba101 said:

Well from my point of view, you don't even need to stay positive. You can always opt to stay neutral -- that is, "I am waiting for more information to come down the pipe". I know my purchasing habit (highly impulsive), which is why I am pretty sure I will be an early adopter -- I can't resist the Shiny. However, I am neutral in the sense that I want to know more about things to come before I judge one way or another for realz.
    I'm right there with you on Teh Shiny! :)

I've been thinking recently that the truth is, I could walk away from these forums and DAZ3D and the entire community, never buy another piece of 3D content, and still have enough that I could use something new (that I hadn't used before) in every render I did from now until my final curtain call, hopefully many dozens of years from now.

I don't WANT to, because hanging around here is FUN for me, but I could do it, and whether DAZ releases a Genesis 2, 3, 9, or ∞, I wouldn't notice, or care, and my existing content would lose none of its value to me.

We are creatures of habit
    afraid of the unknown...
    afraid of being different,
    afraid to be alone.

We just don't know, right now, how this is going to go. Worrying and stressing will not make things better, however. Building a cool scene with what we've already got will, however.

For my part, my family is calling...I think it's time to go be 'father' for this Father's day, and not think about this stuff for a few hours. :)

-- Morgan

p.s. That quote above ends with...
    We're creatures of habit...who aren't afraid to dream!

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969