WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL JUNE FREEBIE CHALLENGE!

Comments

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Thank you ... :)

Well shader mixer is still a mystery to me, but I ma having a lot of fun with making shaders in cycles ( it took me few hours to figure out how to use nodes, and being a poser user had to make them from scrach, firstly figuring out where to plug textures, but now, it's only fun,. fun, fun :)) I developed nice skin shader, using some tutorials plus my own experiments :)

As you can see yet have to learn a lot, but I ma getting there slowly ( I think)

This is NAE, to show off the cycles ;)

Looking great! :-) Playing with shaders is so much fun. I try to stay away from Shader Mixer some because once I open it, I never close it. "I wonder what will happen if I connect this one there instead,.. " There are so many possibilities.
    Look like you have a smoothing issue on the body at the shoulder seam, something in the export or import settings?
    Have you found the Poser Tools for Blender ?

Cheers! Oom

edited December 1969

Thank you for all the eeee... kind (?) comments on the Hag :lol:
    I an a bit split about it myself, that is the nicest pair of legs I ever renderd :down:

Cheers! Oom

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Krissy said:
    OOm Fooyat ... this is one hag..

Melanie... great job.. she looks like a goblin ... will give me nightmares for sure ;)

music I also have a question.. If I am to make an entry, and it is using free render engine, would it be fair to take advantige of the more advanced shaders, to make it look better, or should I stick to the basic diffuse/glossines/bump without anything extra??

You can use the shaders if you like. If you want to claim them as freebies, you must provide a working link. If you don't want to claim them as freebie counts, just use them and don't list them. That's how it works.

:-)

Oh thank you .. I was debating myself, if this makes it fair for others, but now I have it nice and clear :)

music2u4u said:
    ok...if we have all gotten our sences back, after such a display of hagginess, now we will vote for a winner.

to vote, just post your favorite haggie. Pick one, but remember, DO NOT TOUCH! It could cause widespread panic.

in a few days, I will tally up the count, to choose a wiener....ermmm...that's winner.

EXAMPLE: "Dat Dleelaw's haggie's one uuuugggggglllllyyyyy lady. Even da real men gotta run from dis fish"!

:sick:

Hmm.. that is one tough choice... hmm... I ma voting for dleelaw, since she reminds me of some shrek characters

Thank you ... :)

Well shader mixer is still a mystery to me, but I ma having a lot of fun with making shaders in cycles ( it took me few hours to figure out how to use nodes, and being a poser user had to make them from scrach, firstly figuring out where to plug textures, but now, it's only fun,. fun, fun :)) I developed nice skin shader, using some tutorials plus my own experiments :)

As you can see yet have to learn a lot, but I ma getting there slowly ( I think)

This is NAE, to show off the cycles ;)

Looking great! :-) Playing with shaders is so much fun. I try to stay away from Shader Mixer some because once I open it, I never close it. "I wonder what will happen if I connect this one there instead,.. " There are so many possibilities.
    Look like you have a smoothing issue on the body at the shoulder seam, something in the export or import settings?
    Have you found the Poser Tools for Blender ?

Cheers! Oom

Thank you for the link, safely bookmarked it, and going to play when time will allow me ;)
    Oh I know.. shaders are awefully entertaining... so many possibilities, so many efects... you can play for a long time, and still you learning something new ;)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2012

HAGGIE VOTE TALLEY:

Dleelaw57 - 1

Oom Fooyat - 0

MelanieL - 3

Keep them coming.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

WHOOOOOW!

I just saw this in another forum here. This person would have to "live" here to get this many posts in. That would be like, everyday, all day long!!!! Unbelievable!

:bug:

PowerMember.jpg
    171 x 152 - 25K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

music2u4u said:
    WHOOOOOW!

I just saw this in another forum here. This person would have to "live" here to get this many posts in. That would be like, everyday, all day long!!!! Unbelievable!

Maybe she just likes it here :coolsmirk:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/P1095/#31380
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2012

dang, too so long to get me sight back that I fell asleep, I'm surprised there aren't many votes yet, but here's mine

I had to take another look (big mistake, my eyes went blind again) Oom, one ugly lady, but her smile gave her away, dlee.. I'll have to say she looks like something the cat dragged in... after she was run over by a freight train, and a steam roller, and... (looks a bit too much like my mother-in-law), but Melanie, I think you found just plain ugly with that one, so I guess I'll have to vote for MELANIE
    great job everyone, maybe next year I won't be so busy and can partake in the fun.

Post edited by jeeperz on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    WHOOOOOW!

si this person must not sleep, just post in the forum, right??

edited June 2012

chohole said:
    music2u4u said:
    WHOOOOOW!

Maybe she just likes it here :coolsmirk:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/P1095/#31380

you sure it wasn't cho??? she has more that that

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Frank Richard and Myself all need to be doing what we are doing, and posting as much as we are, well mostly anyway. We do take a little time off to join in the fun threads when we can, but we seem to have been working 14 hour days since this new site launched. Mike is catching us up quite quickly as Well.

We do have a sort of informal contest going on in the mod room, with Richard and I as Team GB and Frank and Mike as Team US. Team GB is in the lead.

chohole 1245
    Richard Haseltine 1138
    Frank0314 1117
    fixmypcmike 664

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Frank Richard and Myself all need to be doing what we are doing, and posting as much as we are, well mostly anyway. We do take a little time off to join in the fun threads when we can, but we seem to have been working 14 hour days since this new site launched. Mike is catching us up quite quickly as Well.

We do have a sort of informal contest going on in the mod room, with Richard and I as Team GB and Frank and Mike as Team US. Team GB is in the lead.

chohole 1245
    Richard Haseltine 1138
    Frank0314 1117
    fixmypcmike 664

hehehehe go get em' cho we're rooting for you I'm glad I only have 170 something posts actually.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited December 1969

Too late to vote? I think MelanieL's is the haggiest, though the close-up did help seal the deal for me :-)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

HAG VOTE

Least wanted at my front door on Halloween or any other day of the year: That THING by DLEELAW.

Though they all made me pee myself.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Well, this will be my first NAE...I think ever. Maybe not. Anyway, it's sort of summer fun. My first Poser Pro 2010 render, with Miki 3. EVerything in the image is free except for Miki 3 and the Mastodon Motorcycle (hubless! and with a holographic heads up display!) No shadow under the bike because I misunderstood the settings. I had ray tracing with 6 bounces in the render settings, but I didn't set up ray traced shadows in the lights themselves. :red:

We'll see how this new fangled image resizing works...or if it works.

Dana

Rest-Stop.jpg
    1209 x 794 - 221K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

chohole 1245
    Richard Haseltine 1138
    Frank0314 1117
    fixmypcmike 664

I'd be curious to know what proportion of those post were "apologies" of one sort or another for history's slowest website makeover.

How we coming with those avatars, Cho? A little something to give the pages some colour?

Oh, I see the built-in comment spell checker is correcting my British English. That should be COLOR, not colour.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847
    edited December 1969

Nice NAE, Dana... Why not make it an entry if most everything is free? It's certainly very in-theme...

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very nice Dana :)

edited December 1969

perlk said:
    Nice NAE, Dana... Why not make it an entry if most everything is free? It's certainly very in-theme...

It doesn't quite make it. I think only 7 freebies. And if not working in DS is an issue, which it probably is, Miki 3 does not work in DS. I don't have the time to go back into it and add anything, either. I'm not thrilled with the texturing of Fober's The Hills. I'll probably use something else next time I do a landscape render. Unless I can get better textures to use on it. But the way the UV is set up is odd, too. It uses the same textures but patches them in different directions, which you can probably see if you inspect it. Not many good grounds out there that are free.

Plus, it doesn't have shadows...and I know what a stickler Music is about shadows! ;-P

Dana

edited December 1969

I'll do a NAE too. It's a bit too far off from the subject, I have some serious issues with the character (my first try at dialling a likeness and it's a bit too much Michel Jackson :shut: ) and the lighting don't work. I might return to the subject in some form in November.

Cheers! Oom

CJ2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 65K
    edited December 1969

That's great! I loved that show!

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I'll do a NAE too. It's a bit too far off from the subject, I have some serious issues with the character (my first try at dialling a likeness and it's a bit too much Michel Jackson :shut: ) and the lighting don't work. I might return to the subject in some form in November.

Cheers! Oom

The lighting isn't as bad as you think, but...uh, yeah. That is a really bad Michael Jackson thing goin' on there. Don't feel too bad, though. That happened to me once...

At the risk of breaking the train of concentration here, how 'bout another pin-up...sort of.

THE SPIRIT OF '76...ish.

1.) Lassie of the Seas Clothing Elements. Registration Required.

2.) LOTS Colors For Lassie of the Seas Outfit. Registration Required.

3.) Conforming Stockings for V4

4.) Footwear for the V4 Windwalker by Jan19 Mocassins. Registration Required.

5.) Rainbow Runner Textures for Above. Registration Required.

6.) Mock's Colonial Rifle Registration Required.

7.) M4 Tricorne Hat Registration Required.

8.) V4 Pirate Belt and Saber Registration Required.

9.) Cannon 2nd Row, 2nd Item.

10.) Flag 13th Item from Top.

11.) Wild West Fort 4th from Top.

12.) ACW Battlefield Accessories Gabions from this set.** Top of Page.

13.) Pitchfork Count Down 18 Images. *

( * Denotes Items Required for this Challenge)

No Longer Free: DAZ Victoria 4 Paid For: Victoria 4 Morphs++

As always, figure set-up in Studio 2.3 and final render in Bryce 5.5. Textures and shaders on the cannon were changed in Bryce to more accurately reflect the look of a cannon to the 18th century period. Texture on the flag likewise replaced for context. All other textures unaltered. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

** ACW in this context is an abbreviation for American Civil War. Gabions are the large earth-filled baskets used for gun emplacement fortifications. They have been used as defensive fortifications for centuries and well predate the American Civil War era. And yes, the Wild West Fort is out of historical context, but it was the nearest thing I could find to a wooden stockade 18th century fort common to the period. All of my Living History friends would give me down the road for this and I would loose my standing in the community if word of this gets out, so let's keep it just between us, okay?

Spirit_of_76.jpg
    542 x 700 - 290K
    edited December 1969

Excellent! Another beauty straddling a cannon! Nicely done. But I wouldn't worry so much about the fort as that outfit. Somehow I doubt there were any ladies wearing that outfit while fighting! But that's what wartime pinups are all about! :lol:

Dana

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148
    edited June 2012

I've just arrived in the forum (burning a bit of post-midnight oil here in England) so was out of touch with what's going on and didn't know the hag vote was under way.

First: thanks for the various "nice" comments on my hag.

My vote: Oom Fooyat's by a whisker (did she have whiskers?)

Melanie.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Another entry in the main contest from me:
    Title: Her Pin-Up

Free items from Trumarcar:
    1. Vanity Case and contents
    2. The banana on the bed is from Trumarcar's Food Props

Other Free Items:
    The Pinup (the poster on the wall) is wearing:
    3. Bruno for Vittorio & M4 Enhanced by RAMWolff (skin texture only - uses the standard V4 UVMap)
    4. His face and body are shaped using DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis by SickleYield at ShareCG (Registration required)
    5. Jamie Hair by AprilYSH manually adjusted to fit
    6. Peasant Pants by Assassin_21 from ShareCG (Registration required) ...
    7. ... textured with one of the Back 2 Basics shaders from Bunch 'O DAZ Studio Shaders by westonmi which was the Day 24 freebie from the DAZ PA 2009 24 Days of Christmas.

The girl is wearing:
    8. Akina for DAZ A4 by wintervon200 (skin texture only) from ShareCG (Registration required)
    9. Sweater 4 Genesis by Karth from ShareCG (Registration required) ...
    10. ... textured with shaders from Fabricator Knit Shaders by heatherlee from ShareCG (Registration required)
    11. Genesis Jeans by Wilmap from ShareCG (Registration required)
    12. Short Hair SR-1 by Kozaburo (click "downloads" in the left margin to see the freebies page) manually adjusted to fit.

The environment includes:
    13. On the bed (which is a DAZ Primitive cube) is an Eider Down from Martin's Optitex freebies ...
    14. ... both are textured with shaders from BelovedDalia Sensen for Fabricator from ShareCG (Registration required)
    15. Bookcase from Ness Period Reproductions - direct links to the website contents are prohibited, so this is just a link to the home page: Ness Period Reproductions from which you should click on Downloads Page 1, then the Glazed Bookcase is about half-way down that page
    16. The skull SOTO's Expressive Skull from ShareCG (Registration required)
    17. The skull is wearing Snowflake Jewellry which was the December 25th freebie from Christmas at the Attic 2011, and
    18. Sun Glasses for Victoria 4 by LM Design

Paid Items:
    None.

No-Count Items:
    Genesis Basic Male shape (morphed as mentioned above)
    Genesis mixed Basic Female and Basic Child shape
    The background is the Holiday Room by Lyrra (DAZ PA freebie for Day 3 of 2010 24 Days of Christmas) - the forum can still be accessed at 2012 24 Days of Christmas but the download link no longer works.

Jun2012_-_Her_Pinup.jpg
    600 x 800 - 384K
    edited December 1969

Meant to say: that's a lovely render, Lord Ganthor - I wish I could get on with Bryce...

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Very nice work! I have to look at that food stuff again, I didn't think it was that realistic.

Dana

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am goining to vote for the veteran in the hag mini-contest & give the nod to dleelaw's entry. I just about lost my monitor (and my lunch) with that one.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Meant to say: that's a lovely render, Lord Ganthor - I wish I could get on with Bryce...

Nice render from you too. I like all the attention to detail. It makes the scene look very natural and not at all forced.

Bryce is not all that hard once you get used to seeing everything in wireframes. I just got into the habit of using Bryce instead of Studio for my final render engine because I seem to be able to get better lighting effects out of Bryce. Studio lighting (like Poser lighting) just makes me crazy. Bryce is well worth the trouble to learn even if you just want to play.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Excellent! Another beauty straddling a cannon! Nicely done. But I wouldn't worry so much about the fort as that outfit. Somehow I doubt there were any ladies wearing that outfit while fighting! But that's what wartime pinups are all about! :lol:

Dana

Yeah, we kind of discourage those kinds of outfits on the reenacting field for a couple of reasons: 1.) We don't need the distraction, and 2.) That's just asking for some really nasty powder burns. However, I've seen some Native women wear just about as much around camp in the evenings. Talk about a distraction...

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, how does one go about getting their old post count? I'm gittin' pretty tired of people thinkin' I just got here...

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Yeah, we kind of discourage those kinds of outfits on the reenacting field for a couple of reasons: 1.) We don't need the distraction, and 2.) That's just asking for some really nasty powder burns. However, I've seen some Native women wear just about as much around camp in the evenings. Talk about a distraction...

Give this a try - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/ - Go through the topics and find a forum you were you have posted - locate one of your posts and click on your profile.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, how does one go about getting their old post count? I'm gittin' pretty tired of people thinkin' I just got here...

Give this a try - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/ - find a topic you posted in - find your post and read the number under your avatar or open your profile.