Using faceshop 6ez issues pls help

holydragonholydragon Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am having a problem with morphloader in daz 4, I am trying to load a head morph i created with faceshop 6ez. It tells me it is successfully loaded but it makes no difference to the model intended’s head.

Post edited by holydragon on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Once the Morph is loaded are you opening the Parameters Tab and setting the new morph to on? All Morph loader does is install the morph you will need to find the dial and set it to a value for the morph to function.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,071
    edited December 1969

Which figure are you using?

• holydragonholydragon Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I am using victoria 4.2 and i have checked the dials in parameters section.Nothing but only male face morph loads come up in morphing options.

edited December 1969

I am having a problem with morphloader in daz 4, I am trying to load a head morph i created with faceshop 6ez. It tells me it is successfully loaded but it makes no difference to the model intended’s head.I am using victoria 4.2 and i have checked the dials in parameters section.Nothing but only male face morph loads come up in morphing options if anything.And there is no immediate change to v2's head either.Any help appreciated :)

windows 7 pro x64
    and basically 7.3-6.5 stars all the way down the board (except hdd) on exp index etc.
    daz studio 4 x86
    daz studio 4 x64
    faceshop 6 ez (i think it is x86)
    maya 2011

edited December 1969

Duplicate thread merged. You might try editing the tile (by editing the first post) to mention that you are using Faceshop. If you want the thread moved, please ask us to do so rather than starting a new thread.

edited December 1969

just an update... I have tried importing the .obj file into the daz scene just to make sure it is still a head object and it appears very small, almost the size of the model's toe

edited December 1969

Moved to Nuts n Bolts at poster's request.

I doubt it's the cause of your issue, as if it was the ehad would shrink to nothing, but what preset are you using when importing the OBJ, and in Morph Loader?

edited September 2012

the head did shrink to almost nothing when i imported it into daz... but my settings are in the images i uploaded. I have even changed the node to just head as well and still no changes

Capture.PNG
    1537 x 903 - 261K
    edited December 1969

image 2

Capture2.PNG
    1060 x 857 - 170K
    edited December 1969

no dials image

Capture3.PNG
    718 x 900 - 69K
    edited December 1969

i figured out why it was soo small when i imported the head alone... i had it set to daz size instead of poser.... I import it with poser size and it is the right size but it still doesn't take to the model's head when i imported as morph with morphloader.I didn't have this issue when i was using studio3 and faceshop.

edited December 1969

I really don't want to "downgrade" back to daz studio 3 just to be able to use morphloader. I really want to start creating genesis "original" morphs.As I am planning to become a vendor.I create alot with maya for daz like props and such but i really want to create genesis morphs with the combination of faceshop and maya. I know that faceshop 7ez works with daz studio 4 but it is a far reach out of my budget atm.

edited December 1969

You can always install DS3 alongside DS4, they won't fight (though the last one you installed will be the default application for .daz and .ds? files).

edited December 1969

I reinstalled studio 3.... There are 3 problems now. (1) My content data base is really messed up and it is very hard to search for my content that i need.I have it set to look in the same directory as daz 4. (2) does genesis model work with daz 3? (3) I lost my product codes for my morphloader and the rest of my plugins and they are no longer on my profile.Which is why I got daz 4 because all the plugins come already installed with it. I have over 60-70 gigs of content which makes it really hard to find my stuff.If I uninstalled all of my content it would take days to reinstall all of it again.

edited December 1969

My suggestion would be to load the morph into V4 in DS3, save as a scene file, and merge into DS4 for further use.

As for your serial number, you have noticed that the list may be spread across multiple pages?

edited December 1969

tyvm for all your help... :) If you figure out a way for me to just use daz4 pls let me know.I do have multiple pages of products but nothing on there that goes back that far... Although it could be that I had to make a new account on here because i had lost my old one a long time ago, and the serials i need for morphloader was on the old account. I will try to use daz3 with older faceshop 4 plugin. Until I am able to afford faceshop 7 ez. ($50 with a discount). I will still need morphloader to work in daz4 though.I create body morphs in maya. Please let me know if you figure anything out.I am sorry you are the only one helping me with this issue,but I really appreciate it.

edited December 1969

I have found my morph loader for daz 3 but i am getting an error as soon as i accept the agreement. It tells me that daz/studio cannot be found and will now exit. The installer is ds_ap003_MorphLoader1.4.16

edited December 1969

Alright I just got faceshop 7ez. I installed it as a plugin and standalone.I installed for both 64bit and 32 bit.Daz studio says plugin failed to load. any ideas?

edited December 1969

I got face shop plugin working for faceshop 7ez. It loads fine with daz studio, with the new dll download on the site at pantomat.
    But now when i load the plugin from daz/ edit/ faceshop it asks for a name to give the head morph and then loads a blank faceshop window (the standalone version opens to a file select window plus the blank in the back ground til you select a picture etc.)..... I click file in faceshop and new to generate the file select to start a face.Normally when you are done with creating the face an ok button will be in place of the exit button.)According to instruction manual)Except my problem the exit button is there.I click exit and then faceshop closes and daz says cannot create morph cause faceshop unexpectedly closed.
    I contacted Pantomat directly and we went thru the steps of finding any problems but found none.Then after going thru all that they sent an email saying and im quoting "I never heard this type of problem
    Ii in standalone mode everything OK ?
    if yes, the bug at Studio"
    I responded that standalone works perfectly but Daz 4.5 wont allow me to morph the head with morphloader. Which makes exporting the obj would be out of the question.
    They haven't responded back... please any help is needed :)