The Neanderthal [Commercial]

Comments

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Fantastic work Cath! I really hope Daz gets this in the store quickly - Cathy

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys,

I made extra primitive skirt , dress and poncho
    animated fiber eyebrows that follow the face expressions
    wild beard with different length
    wild hair with different length
    spear and hand stone
    as extra for the full body morphs and wild men textures

I will working on the add on stuff in mine time while it getting in the process of submission
    so we don't waste time
    as I want to finish the rest of the family and other stuff ,we talking about before

Cath

edited July 2012

If you are interested you can purchase preview beta version at this moment of Neanderthal
    before it enter My store here at Daz , it will be also much cheaper here at http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=74 I just uploaded to the store , the additional stuff like stones,spear and the cave scene coming soon also separate from the characters, this version is only for Daz Studio 4.0 + as DS 4.5 is not ready to deal with 4.0 files as there is to much issues and mysteries due to the different format and also rigging , but in the future I will do an update to match the DS 4.5 + at no charge when DS 4.5 is official finished .

This package include
    Character preset
    Textures
    Eyebrows
    Beard
    Hair
    3 x Clothing parts ( dress, skirt, poncho )
    each of them are in own Genesis categories under /hair/ clothing/ material;s/character etc..

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited July 2012

When you say it won't work in 4.5 does that mean not at all? I'm a little confused. I can get 4.0 content to run in 4.5 unless there is something you did differently that won't let 4.5 use it. I would really like to get this, but I'm not un-installing 4.5...

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

there is problem with scalp hair in 4.5 everything else working , but no way to find the issue as there is no error while loading , the rigging and the morphs working just fine but the geometry don't show up just by the scalp hair, other vendors have issues with stuff also , until it is final and 4.5 working correct with everything one thing I can do make one extra copy of the hair setup for 4.5 what will be not big deal here , but for today it just will not work, and not that I did something wrong , let's say that the double ID problem was found by me before 4.1 that created conflict, but now it can be fixed in 4.5 just by saving the file again .. I will try later tonight to make the new 4.5 copy for the scalp hair as well so I can go forward in place to looking for bugs as I wasted yesterday all day long already :)

bellow I dressed mister neanderthal in some regular clothing ..

NEAN21.jpg
    500 x 650 - 114K
    NEAN20.jpg
    500 x 650 - 118K
    NEAN19.jpg
    500 x 650 - 116K
    NEAN18.jpg
    500 x 650 - 122K
    NEAN16.jpg
    500 x 650 - 157K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply dear. LOL the homeless guy looks Fantastic:) Thats if he is homeless:)

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

FYI, infectious diseases were not a likely cause for the demise of the Neanderthals. Measles, Chicken Pox, mumps, Influenza and a lot of others did not afflict any humans until the advent of agriculture at least 8,000 years ago and later. Most all of those disease types were the result of close contact with domesticated animal diseases that adapted to humans.

See "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond.

The Neanderthal is looking better all the time.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I changed just the clothing and the hair style to short messy and the color of the beard , I just wanna see how versatile it can be , also tried the ethnic morphs and was really cool looking still primate but different face , also mixed with m5 morph it created a strong younger neanderthal , so it works as well , turning him into neanderthal woman was cool also but the chest hair kinder spoiled it lol

when I did the homeless guy it was like we are not to much away from the neanderthal and I guess if you dressed up neanderthal today he could pass for homo sapiens , at last if the soft tissue was what we think it was .. as not all neanderthals has redish hair there could be a lot of variation , also the asian morph for the face make it looking closer to the new species found the so called asian neanderthal brother
    also if you use a dark african texture on the neanderthal body it looks so much as the native Australians , so a lot of fun ..

Zev0 said:
    Thanks for the reply dear. LOL the homeless guy looks Fantastic:) Thats if he is homeless:)
    edited December 1969

what about Ebola and cholera and other viruses ,cholera can grow in the sea especially when the sea warmed up as we have it right now where up in north Europe cholera bacteria was found in the sea water on higher level, it is possible ,I just give an idea ,it could be a vulcano as we know that it killed almost all early human in Africa living the population to 10.000 only of early black africans early humans it could affect the population of other species as well . we know that viruses and bacteria mutate over time and human body know how to fight with it what is today for us just a flu was a killer 400 years ago .. just example
    even with HIV , there is 1% of Caucasian only that is immune to the infection due to genetic and the 99% of all humans not .. now imagine global epidemic without control or knowledge only the 1% of Caucasian human would survive in the whole world . This is very scary scenario maybe I watched to much Zombie movies lol but killer virus epidemic is my biggest fear

FYI, infectious diseases were not a likely cause for the demise of the Neanderthals. Measles, Chicken Pox, mumps, Influenza and a lot of others did not afflict any humans until the advent of agriculture at least 8,000 years ago and later. Most all of those disease types were the result of close contact with domesticated animal diseases that adapted to humans.

See "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond.

The Neanderthal is looking better all the time.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

Beautiful morph, texture, hair, beard, clothing! I love it. I'll buy it for sure. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Thank you

you can view Neanderthal in action in DS4 by clicking the link bellow

http://youtu.be/QYj2Ugux-zU?hd=1

Thanks for your support

Cath

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    when I did the homeless guy it was like we are not to much away from the neanderthal and I guess if you dressed up neanderthal today he could pass for homo sapiens , at last if the soft tissue was what we think it was

I remember a good few years ago, I saw a TV programme discussing best-guesses-at-that-time of what the Neanderthals looked like and how they might have lived. At one point an actor was done up in Neanderthal makeup, dressed in modern clothes, and went out walking around city streets.

No-one noticed. The average Neanderthal features (as far as we know, there still really aren't very many specimens in good enough condition) appear to be inside the limits of variations of modern humans. Only just, in some cases, and it's hard to simulate the proper forehead and chin with makeup, but the reaction was more "oh dear, how ugly" rather than "aargh, alien!!!"

We still need more specimens, though, to see more "normal" variation. Let's not forget that scientists first "knew" the Neanderthal was a hunched, shambling figure with poor posture and clumsy hands. The most intact specimen known at that time turned out to be an old man with crippling arthritis.

Ooh, nice! Just looked at the video you put up on YT. I'm impressed.
    edited December 1969

This is a very interesting thread.

The Neanderthal is looking really good!

As interesting as the visual imagery is the literary imagery of novelists who wrote about the Neanderthals.

The Inheritors by William Golding
    Quest for Fire by J H Rosny (yes it was a book first and somewhat different from the movie)
    Dance of the Tiger by Bjorn Kurten
    The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel (which many of us are familiar)

All good stories and all are sympathetic towards our distant cousins.

edited December 1969

I agree everyone see them as a nice distant cousins
    I read the other day that they completed the total neanderthal DNA and could even clone it if was allowed .
    It could answer a lot of question regarding to how bright they was as some think they was stupid others disagree , they had a bigger brain
    as we , so who knows , the last cave painting in Spain indicate that they spray pain over the hands on the walls , and because the painting are older as the early modern human , they believe Neanderthals paint them , some said NOT , well the ignorance speak again, how we could know how smart they was , they made jewelry from teeth and shells and they paint them also , what indicate Artistic hobbies as they had a lot of time on the hand and don;t have to worry about taxes lol
    I see myself doing always more art work when I am bored and when I have nothing else to do , it seems like natural to keep your brain busy . 1 day we will know the truth , or maybe they know but don;t wanna share as they release the information in slow motion , when I tried to find my ancestors I ended in South Spain as far as it go with the documents , but now I am about to make DNA test to see exactly the path of my ancestors , I suspect it where it will end due to the blood group , but wondering if King Tut belong to my family .. $192 and you know the answer for sure ... :)

This is a very interesting thread.

The Neanderthal is looking really good!

As interesting as the visual imagery is the literary imagery of novelists who wrote about the Neanderthals.

The Inheritors by William Golding
    Quest for Fire by J H Rosny (yes it was a book first and somewhat different from the movie)
    Dance of the Tiger by Bjorn Kurten
    The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel (which many of us are familiar)

All good stories and all are sympathetic towards our distant cousins.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much for allowing us to buy this as a preview Cath, I couldn't wait :) and would just like to say that this model is so fantastic, he looks great all by himself - I am including a picture I did - please forgive any faults as I am struggling to learn lighting in Daz and there was no problem at all using this model, only in trying to light this nighttime scene - I haven't made the jump to the beta version of Daz 4.5 myself yet since I am not sure what other plug-ins don't work, but would miss the GenX plug-in too much. It must be a bit of a pain for PA's trying to put new products out and having to work around this gap between the versions - hope they get everything sorted out soon. Thanks again! He's amazing! -Cathy

Mammoth_Hunter.jpg
    800 x 632 - 91K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Got my set along with that FABULOUS shorts and bonus pack. The morphs in the shorts are superb... Bruno thanks you! Pull 'em up, pull 'em down, shake your booty round and round! Yee haw! :P

edited December 1969

that is a first render made by customer I see !!!!!!
    you did cool job with and I like it !!
    thank you for sharing Cathy

I hope to see more in the future

Cath

Cathy_Mod said:
    Thank you so much for allowing us to buy this as a preview Cath, I couldn't wait :) and would just like to say that this model is so fantastic, he looks great all by himself - I am including a picture I did - please forgive any faults as I am struggling to learn lighting in Daz and there was no problem at all using this model, only in trying to light this nighttime scene - I haven't made the jump to the beta version of Daz 4.5 myself yet since I am not sure what other plug-ins don't work, but would miss the GenX plug-in too much. It must be a bit of a pain for PA's trying to put new products out and having to work around this gap between the versions - hope they get everything sorted out soon. Thanks again! He's amazing! -Cathy
    edited December 1969

I am glad you did not tell about the surprise ;)
    well new Zbrush allow me to do amazing new stuff ,and more coming on the way , it was just what I needed to start .
    and I agree , from a Zbrush playing time to an FABULOUS shorts idea thanks to the new features , and trust me after I made the preview renders it was like damn.. DID I MADE IT ? hehe it is sexy , and you know it !
    well the store can't shut up the doors today I think the shorts are the hot point of this summer .. uh oh
    I did not saw this coming ... made me motivated for more cool stuff beside textures .. however my next guys and gals going to have great clothing hair and textures .. I am fully recharged and motivated ..

RAMWolff said:
    Got my set along with that FABULOUS shorts and bonus pack. The morphs in the shorts are superb... Bruno thanks you! Pull 'em up, pull 'em down, shake your booty round and round! Yee haw! :P
    edited December 1969

Did I said thank you for the support ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH RICHARD AND EVERYONE ELSE !!

RAMWolff said:
    edited December 1969

Honey, as long as your in the biz making incredible stuff and pushing the limits you will always have support and sales from this old Wolffie! XOXO

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I use DS 4.5 so I think I'll have to wait, but...wow this looks amazing! Nice render, Cathy_Mod!

Cath, I think you answered this already, but just to confirm: if one were to buy the beta at your site, would that include access to the release version, and any future updates? Or would another purchase be required?

edited December 1969

As I said and wrote on the product page the updates will be provided for free at my store

edited December 1969

What beta are you referring to Scott?

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    If you are interested you can purchase preview beta version at this moment of Neanderthal
    before it enter My store here at Daz , it will be also much cheaper here at http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=74 I just uploaded to the store , the additional stuff like stones,spear and the cave scene coming soon also separate from the characters, this version is only for Daz Studio 4.0 + as DS 4.5 is not ready to deal with 4.0 files as there is to much issues and mysteries due to the different format and also rigging , but in the future I will do an update to match the DS 4.5 + at no charge when DS 4.5 is official finished .

This package include
    Character preset
    Textures
    Eyebrows
    Beard
    Hair
    3 x Clothing parts ( dress, skirt, poncho )
    each of them are in own Genesis categories under /hair/ clothing/ material;s/character etc..

Cath described it as a beta in the above post. I've never paid for a beta of anything before,* so I just wanted to confirm that updates will be available at no extra cost to those who buy it. Now I just have to come up with the cash to grab it. :) And maybe those shorts, too...

*Not trying to imply that it's wrong to sell a beta or anything like that. I think it's great that she's making it available early.

edited December 1969

ah, OK... sorry, didn't see that part. It's purchased but per usual no time to load and play....

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I was contemplating getting this ... pondered, hmmed, hawed, scratched head - and once I'd plucked the splinters from my fingers went off to Mec4D's site to see how much.

Well, get there and see there's a pair of shorts for M5 there, on sale. Not just that but with the promise of a surprise gift within. Not just that but you get a $5 coupon toward a later purchase on her site sent. Simple - snapped them up like there was no tomorrow. Tapped foot, waited a very little while (probably 's' on a 'SOON' scale ;)) and used the coupon toward the Neanderthal, which is already reduced in price ... no brainer! Which is just as well, 'cos I am a bear of very little brain ... ;)

edited December 1969

Thank you for the compliment Scott! I can only say how easy it is to work with this model, he looks wonderful all by himself :-) He works great with Genesis poses, has an amazing texture, and how many characters come with their own hair and clothing? What a great deal! -Cathy

edited December 1969

Cath-
    Just sent you a PM with Homo Erectus images attached to give you an idea of Neanderthal poses.

edited December 1969

Bought it...now off to play. :) A little tempted to downgrade to DS4.0 just for the scalp hair, but I'll be patient...I like my 4.5 RC2 (so much, in fact, that I haven't jumped to RC3). Also got the shorts, and I won't say what the bonus is, but in case anyone is wondering about it, it's totally worth it! :coolsmile:

Don Albert, after reading your comment, it occurred to me that with Neanderthal, Homo erectus (ideally GenX'ed to Genesis), Genesis Gorilla, and Creature Creator Heads (for the chimp head), one could make a nice "descent of man" render. Or animation, even! Sadly, I don't have any of those other things yet, or I'd try it myself.

Thanks for the cool product, Cath! I'll be looking forward to seeing the add-ons and the rest of the family, even though I probably won't be able to afford to get them right away.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Oh, just stumbled upon this. Now that you're working with Poser again, might we see a Poser version of this? I love that outfit and can see a lot of uses for it. :)

This discussion has been closed.