Gen 2 Morphs

Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

So I installed Gen 2 using the new fangled installer, worked okay found Base Model fine installed some hair great found it. I installed the head and body morphs but I cant find them. Where do they get installed to and I am talking about the smart content tab in the program.

By the way, documentation is unsat.

Comments

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    So I installed Gen 2 using the new fangled installer, worked okay found Base Model fine installed some hair great found it. I installed the head and body morphs but I cant find them. Where do they get installed to and I am talking about the smart content tab in the program.

They will not be listed as "content". They are in the "parameters" tab when you select "Actor" under the two "Genesis 2" lines.

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

You can find a complete thread on this if you're interested. It is an ongoing discussion for some time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25968/

FD

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited December 1969

Yeah.
    Genesis is a new beast! No INJs to load. Once you istall the new morphs, they simply are there in every fresh load of Genesis (same for Genesis 2)

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

You can find a complete thread on this if you're interested. It is an ongoing discussion for some time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25968/

FD

Thanks will check

edited December 1969

Yeah.
    Genesis is a new beast! No INJs to load. Once you istall the new morphs, they simply are there in every fresh load of Genesis (same for Genesis 2)

ya so far I like it alot, and still some things like the mats that need work but that always happens with a new model. It took 6 months to get decent mats when V4 came out.

edited December 1969

Since I am thinking about it and I got you alls attention. How do you do a non-DAZ install, for example if I buy a product at Rendo. etc.

edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Yeah.

ya so far I like it alot, and still some things like the mats that need work but that always happens with a new model. It took 6 months to get decent mats when V4 came out.

Yeah, these are much better, don't you think? They need work, but...

Since I am thinking about it and I got you alls attention. How do you do a non-DAZ install, for example if I buy a product at Rendo. etc.Whatever you do, don't install to somewhere that DIM installed to. Well, people do, but I don't consider it a good idea. I find it best to just make another directory along side if you don't already have a folder for Rendo stuff. Like if you use the DIM's "My DAZ 3D Library", you could maybe make a folder next to it called "My Rendo Libary".

Are you familiar with the older runtime setups? That's how I do mine. I have one for Vehicles, one for Environments, Animals, etc.,

edited December 1969

Here's a couple of articles I wrote about:
    Making a custom Carrara browser and
    Making Custom Runtimes

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Since I am thinking about it and I got you alls attention. How do you do a non-DAZ install, for example if I buy a product at Rendo. etc.
    It is still going into a Runtime or DS content structure. It is recommended that the only content in a content folder set installed by Install Manager be installed by Install Manager, and other content be installed to a different content folder set. You just add them like you add any other Carrara content folders on the content tab. If the content comes with Metadata for adding it to the Smart Content Tab then you have to import it into the Database in DS before it will show up on the Smart Content tab in carrara.