AutoFit - Stretching the limits

whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok I try all kinds of things and AutoFit works fairly well actually. I know I use it for things it wasn't designed for but still have decent results.

Today I used it to AutoFit a space suit originally made for M3 on to the Sasquatch Figure lol. Ok definitely out of bounds for its original intention but hey it did pretty well.

Actually I had better results then trying to fit the Freak 5 leather jacket.

So anyway, any suggestions on making better fits? I know I'm using stuff in ways it was never intended but still I want to. It's fun. :)

Comments

• CostelloCostello Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Yeah, auto-fit works pretty well for most things. It looks like you tried to attach a photo but it didn't come through.

Usually I'll use custom morphs, and smoothing and collision iterations to overcome some of the deficiencies in auto-fit.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Yeah, auto-fit works pretty well for most things. It looks like you tried to attach a photo but it didn't come through.

Usually I'll use custom morphs, and smoothing and collision iterations to overcome some of the deficiencies in auto-fit.

No attachment that time. Just a smiley face. For one pic, I tried smoothing and collisions all up and down the dial and it didn't work but in the end I repositioned the shot and hid body parts. That worked pretty well. The other shot I'm still working on. Here's the one where I repositioned. I think it worked out fairly well.

I've never tried a custom morph before so not sure about that.

BigFoot_-_004.jpg
    1336 x 915 - 908K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited July 2013

A push modifier some times helps. When in the scene tap click to highlight the item that needs to fit better and click the button in the top corner of the scene window. Then Edit/Geometry/Apply Push Modifier then in the Parameters tab you will see you can set the amount, by default it goes to one between .30 to .50 seems to work best for me. RAMWolff showed it to me with the G2 supersuit and its fitting issues. Found in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25097/P15 THE EXAMPLE shows me highliting Genesis you would want to choose the clothing item.

pushmodsettings.jpg
    523 x 337 - 29K
    push.jpg
    1103 x 413 - 61K
    displaypaneltab.jpg
    162 x 98 - 4K
    Post edited by Skelch on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    A push modifier some times helps. When in the scene tap click to highlight the item that needs to fit better and click the button in the top corner of the scene window. Then Edit/Geometry/Apply Push Modifier then in the Parameters tab you will see you can set the amount, by default it goes to one between .30 to .50 seems to work best for me. RAMWolff showed it to me with the G2 supersuit and its fitting issues. Found in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25097/P15 THE EXAMPLE shows me highliting Genesis you would want to choose the clothing item.

Oh wow. Thank you so very much! I did not know about this. Here is a quickie render applied to the socks and jacket. I did the other pose before because in order to get the socks to not show poke through I had to hide the legs which ended up hiding too much. If I was doing the invisible man it would have been fine but alas I was not. I applied what you showed and there you go. No poke through and no hiding. I had tried smoothing and collision all up and down the dial to no avail but this worked great. I'll put together a little tutorial for these and other ideas on poke through so I don't forget them. I'm getting older and the mind just isn't what it used to be.

Thanks again! Now if I can only figure out the Freak clothes that I bought. Sadly it didn't even fit the Freak so gotta figure that out next.

Test.jpg
    810 x 915 - 555K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Glad it helped, it has helped me so much since RAMWolff showed it to some of us in that other post, it took me a bit to figure out how to find what he was saying, that is why I used the screen shots, but once I got it it has helped me so much with a great deal of clothes.