NeverWas ( commercial )

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Well it's no secret that there have been many changes since the store reopened. Some good, some... less than good, but they tell me they are trying their best. All I have to go on is if a product sells or not. Many of the people who left for one reason or another may never come back. One thing is certain many of them, like some of you, were fans of the never was sets. I know this because sales are down by 75% from previous Never Was sales. That's a great deal more than can be explained away by the economy. If you know them tell them I miss their support. But you are the ones how have continued to support the series and I want to thank all of you for that. But it is not financially possible to continue when so few people remain loyal buyers. I am still making sets, folklore and super hero bases but I am going to retire the never was until such time as the market can support my efforts.

Much thanks to all.
John The AntMan

Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

So now we get to see who can organise a p...arty in a brewery?

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

yayyyy more Anty goodies

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

We need a bank (Never Solvent) to help us finance these wonderful sets. :cheese:

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

Nice work. I will have to pick these up.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Two New sets and the whole rest on sale now 40% off. Join the Never Was now.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/neverstill
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/nevermine

I grabbed mine, thanks!

-- Walt Sterdan

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

Cool Beans. I wanted to do a Hobit or Golem render in the mine but I ran out of time.

edited December 2012

combine the Golum and Hobbit and do a Globbit

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

I bought every single Never item today! Thanks for extending the discount to all the items! :-)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

The NeverStill came very handy, was finishing an adventure yesterday to test play tomorrow, and I had already done a map for a rum distillery located in an old prison basement on a French west indie island, where the characters would take a guided tour.

This is what I quickly tossed together as a handout to add additional atmosphere to the game.

rhumticket.jpg
    1042 x 1397 - 206K
    edited December 1969

Coll I'm glad that work. I did a test where I hid the back wall and duplicated the base creating a really big distillery.
    Winter Grog.

edited December 1969

This Micro sale ends soon so don't miss out. The new releases will remain on sale at 30% off after Monday so save 10% today
    I hate to have anyone miss out. Long live the Never Was.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reminder.

edited December 1969

Well it’s no secret that there have been many changes since the store reopened. Some good, some… less than good, but they tell me they are trying their best. All I have to go on is if a product sells or not. Many of the people who left for one reason or another may never come back. One thing is certain many of them, like some of you, were fans of the never was sets. I know this because sales are down by 75% from previous Never Was sales. That’s a great deal more than can be explained away by the economy. If you know them tell them I miss their support. But you are the ones how have continued to support the series and I want to thank all of you for that. But it is not financially possible to continue when so few people remain loyal buyers. I am still making sets, folklore and super hero bases but I am going to retire the never was until such time as the market can support my efforts.

Much thanks to all.
    John The AntMan

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Well it's no secret that there have been many changes since the store reopened. Some good, some... less than good, but they tell me they are trying their best. All I have to go on is if a product sells or not. Many of the people who left for one reason or another may never come back. One thing is certain many of them, like some of you, were fans of the never was sets. I know this because sales are down by 75% from previous Never Was sales. That's a great deal more than can be explained away by the economy. If you know them tell them I miss their support. But you are the ones how have continued to support the series and I want to thank all of you for that. But it is not financially possible to continue when so few people remain loyal buyers. I am still making sets, folklore and super hero bases but I am going to retire the never was until such time as the market can support my efforts.

Much thanks to all.
    John The AntMan

That sucks.

Sorry to hear about the drop in sales, I love every Never piece and was always waiting for the next one.

I hope things turn around; in the meantime, I'm standing in line for your Hero Stands.

Thanks for all the Never we did get.

--Walt Sterdan

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

I missed THIS sale?

I'll skip over many things and stay on a narrow point.

One of the most depressing posts.
    The Never series was so unique!
    Totally our loss, again, in the end.

But good luck to you Ant Farm!
    Do what you have to do. :)

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I'm really surprised that your Never sales are down so very much. However, it could also be more than missing customers. DAZ has had entirely too many DO sales over the last few months which has to have affected PA sales.

I absolutely love the Never series, and purchased both NeverStill and NeverMine. But, I'm not as keen on other AntFarm products. I think they are ingenious, but it's harder for me to see how I would use them.

It's a sad Never world today :(

Well it’s no secret that there have been many changes since the store reopened. Some good, some… less than good, but they tell me they are trying their best. All I have to go on is if a product sells or not. Many of the people who left for one reason or another may never come back. One thing is certain many of them, like some of you, were fans of the never was sets. I know this because sales are down by 75% from previous Never Was sales. That’s a great deal more than can be explained away by the economy. If you know them tell them I miss their support. But you are the ones how have continued to support the series and I want to thank all of you for that. But it is not financially possible to continue when so few people remain loyal buyers. I am still making sets, folklore and super hero bases but I am going to retire the never was until such time as the market can support my efforts.

Much thanks to all.
    John The AntMan

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Whilst my bank balance is silently cheering in the background at this news, I am quietly cursing. Sad news, but you have to make a living. Good luck with the rest of your modelling ventures!

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Well this is disappointing news. I love the NeverWas series. It's been my personal favorite and I would always get excited when you put out a new set. They are so imaginative and nicely crafted. An excellent value. I'm so sad to hear that your sales have been less than stellar on the last batch. Very sad indeed.

edited December 1969

serious bummer

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I have them all so I naturally didn't participate in the sale on the older ones. But but but....

I can imagine a new member of the set a few months from now...

Never Say Never from Antfarm.

Hey, Hope Springs Eternal, or Floats, or whatever.

edited December 1969

there are some Nevers I never got, so I will still buy some of the ones i never had :D

edited December 1969

I guess it could be death by DAZ-O, I did consider that. But now that I look at a list of the sales the last two month, the scope of sales really have been heavy. May be I just need a never vacation. There are less then 50 of us here now where there were well over 200 before the store switch. I appreciate all of you that stuck it out. I have some odd ball folklore stuff going into the store this weekend after that I think I will try and do some more mainstream items for a bit. Well mainstream for me. : )

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited January 2013

Much thanks to all.
    John The AntMan

Really sorry to hear this. I bought every single Never piece in the last sale.

But I agree with a lot of these comments: there is a serious glut of sales at the moment, with not a moment's breather (to the point where there is now a permanent "Sales/Promotions tab" - and especially Daz Originals which never seem to be off-sale these days, and only so much money to go around...

I personally have spent almost $3000 in the last two months, but got over 1500 items for that price (mostly DOs). At the end of my spending spree, though - my savings are decimated.

Hope things turn around.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
    edited December 1969

odd ball folklore for us odd ball Antfarm fans?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I guess it could be death by DAZ-O, I did consider that. But now that I look at a list of the sales the last two month, the scope of sales really have been heavy. May be I just need a never vacation. There are less then 50 of us here now where there were well over 200 before the store switch. I appreciate all of you that stuck it out. I have some odd ball folklore stuff going into the store this weekend after that I think I will try and do some more mainstream items for a bit. Well mainstream for me. : )

I don't know for sure, of course, but it feels like you may be bringing new folks in with the folklore stuff. Hope so. I love all the stuff put out by DAZ but sometimes really want creatures based on old folklore and their descriptions rather than on movies and gaming.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited January 2013

I think the drop in sales are due to a number of changes in Daz policies and the marketplace itself that made shopping here, less than attractive. One of the worst changes i think Daz made was with the change of Platinum Club making the former voucher, a coupon AND not usable on PA products. Personally, I believe aside from new users, most customers budget were geared towards PA products.

I think this was a HUGE mistake.

There are some other "enhancements" to the marketplace that I believe has also turned customers away from shopping here. Such as the elimination of the wishlist notices, the lack of no warning when purchasing previously purchased products, the buggy Checkout process, etc. I think all of thee play a role in the decline of shopping here. Its just not the marketplace it use to be in my opinion.

Another one of my favorite PA's has expressed possibly moving his store to another brokerage, or their own site for what I would believe are the exact same reasons, a decline in sales, and i think other PA's will start to feel the pinch as well... whether they actually speak on it or not.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

I had no idea the coupon was not usable on PA products! That's very short sighted.

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    One of the worst changes i think Daz made was with the change of Platinum Club making the former voucher, a coupon AND not usable on PA products. Personally, I believe aside from new users, most customers budget were geared towards PA products.

-MJ

Yes! That's cut my spending here big time. I'd say at least 90% of my Daz budget was spent on PA items before the voucher/coupon change.

edited December 1969

the official posting on the coupon says "at this time Published Artist Products and certain “Resell” items are also excluded."

notice "at this time" that may change in the future

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited January 2013

Faerydae said:
    MJ007 said:
    One of the worst changes i think Daz made was with the change of Platinum Club making the former voucher, a coupon AND not usable on PA products. Personally, I believe aside from new users, most customers budget were geared towards PA products.

-MJ

Yes! That's cut my spending here big time. I'd say at least 90% of my Daz budget was spent on PA items before the voucher/coupon change.

Agreed, my spending here has plummeted and I doubt it will return.
    But I will still send in a support ticket or ten to get items I really want, like Never.
    Frankly I'd rather my favorite PAs moved on to greener pastures than make me muck through this one. :)

Though if people are quitting the business altogether?
    That would be a sad thing. :(
    I don't know the answer any more.
    I can only wish AntFarm luck. :)

Post edited by Ippotamus on