Fit Control for Genesis3 (Commercial)

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@Zev0  Strange problem.  I just got Sawyer for G3M.  Fit Control does not recognize him as a G3M figure.  I can apply Fit Control to G3M before applying the Sawyer head and body morph but, as soon as the head and body morphs are applied, Fit Control no longer sees Sawyer as a G3M.  I've never come across this before and I use Fit Control almost daily.  I asked Gypsyangel and she doesn't know what the issue is and she doesn't have Fit Control.  Any clues as to what might be going on with Sawyer?

I can work around it by applying Fit Control first so that the morphs are already on the clothing and apply Sawyer after, but it's a weird thing to have happen.  Would love to know why this is happening.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Never had that happen before on a character. We will try and find out why.

Zev0 said:

Never had that happen before on a character. We will try and find out why.

Thanks! :)

The character will need an update - they are only supposed to change the label of the character
    somehow they changed the actual name of G3M to Sawyer

edited March 2017
    Zev0 said:

The character will need an update - they are only supposed to change the label of the character
    somehow they changed the actual name of G3M to Sawyer

Has anyone told @Gypsyangel this yet?

edit: I just let her know with a link back here just in case.  I saw where she said she would have Sawyer put in your account if you needed him but I'm guessing you didn't need him.  I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem.  :)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

We informed QA about it, but it would be in her best interest to follow up.

Zev0 said:

We informed QA about it, but it would be in her best interest to follow up.

Thanks for being so quick.  This had me stumped.

• m60hogm60hog Posts: 0

I need help. I can' seem to get this to work in 4.10 

• Are there any plans on making an update to it so that like with the G8 version you can choose which item this applies to? This would be so helpful

We will have to see when in our schedule that can be done. There was a discussion around it but are currently on new product production.
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031
    edited August 2018

This product is not working for me at all. I'm usingG3F and DAZ 4.10. Please assist. This is not an inexpensive tool.

Thank you.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
    edited August 2018

Hi. I will need a bit more info than the product is not working. What specifically happens when you launch the script?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. I will need a bit more info than the product is not working. What specifically happens when you launch the script?

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question: nothing. I select G3F, double-click the icon to transfer the morphs, and nothing happens. I don't get the "morphs transferred" message that occurs in the video. I have checked the parameters for the Fit Control morphs under the respective clothing items, and they simply are not there. Not sure what to do from here, but I have read other reports of the product not working, and have not encountered any solutions. Hoping for one here.

What specific version of studio are you running?

• Zev0 said:

What specific version of studio are you running?

I'm running 4.10.0.123, Windows 64 bit.

edited August 2018

Was this a manual install (zip download) or via smart content?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • No, it was through DIM.

It is working on my side. Try downloading the manual zip (product library on store page) and copy its contents into your content folder and try again.

• Zev0 said:

It is working on my side. Try downloading the manual zip (product library on store page) and copy its contents into your content folder and try again.

I'm trying that right now. Will let you know if I have success.

• Okay, that was it. To be fair, I have encountered some issues with DIM installations in the past. So, you may wish to add to your product description that manual installation may be a first recourse in trouble shooting. It worked in this case. Thank you for your support.

Cool. I will find out why Dim Install is Faulty.angry

• Zev0 said:

Cool. I will find out why Dim Install is Faulty.angry

FYI, I'm installing to an external drive to save space on my lappy, so that may provide a small, but possibly material, clue for you to use in your routing out of the issue. Thank you again.

• Hi Zevo

I have just bought Fit Control for Genesis 3, installed. Applied Fit Control script and got the confirmation message "Morphs Transferred to Clothing" message. Selected G3 Female in the scene tab and navigated to Parameters/Fit Control/Underwear. I can see all of the controls but they appear to be greyed out (I think!) and nothing happens when I slide the controls. All I have visible in the scene is G3 figure and Panties from Smart Content or HY Mini Dress Panty for G8 Female, I have tried both. Please advise, many thanks

Malc

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226

Did you look for the morphs in the clothing, instead of in the character? Your message said "Morphs Transferred to Clothing". 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Also, is this not a product to assist layering of clothing, so more than just underwear might be useful?

• Update Zevo: I have discovered that I have to select the garment to use Fit Control, silly me! But, I cannot seem to get the clothes to go where I want them. Very difficult to explain the problem so I attach exhibit A. Basically I am trying to move the underwear down to where the hands are, to illustrate the character dressing; but when I use, for example, Down All it looks like Exhibit A. I have tried various permutations of adjustments, including Front down, Rear down and then trying to move the garment back to the thighs using Transforms, Scale etc. but to no avail. The best I have gotten so far is Exhibit B.

It's a good piece of kit, but I suspect I may have gotten the wrong software for my needs? No worries if I have, I will no doubt use it somewhere and in the meantime go back to morphing in the wizardry that is Blender (what a pain though!) Or maybe you can recommend a plug-in for moving and morphing clothing around...?

Many thanks

Malc

Exhibit A.png
    1205 x 963 - 822K
    Exhibit B.png
    1132 x 965 - 667K
  • Hi guys, apologies I've been faffing around with Studio and didn't refresh the page before I posted my update. Any advice here?

Many thanks again

Malc

edited April 2019

Hi. To get clothing items to be pulled down while a figure is bent is very difficult. Standing straight up is easier. I did however create an add on pack (yet to be released) that will help with that scenario better. I will post more details on that once it has been finalized.

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 909K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    SimonJM said:

Also, is this not a product to assist layering of clothing, so more than just underwear might be useful?

It does assist with layered clothing. There is a promo showing this.

popup_5_21_9.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 245K
  • Yes, I assumed that Z, I tried with a fresh figure of G3 and whilst it was better, still couldn't get it to look right. When you say "Layered clothing" I assume you mean dress over underwear, coat over dress, that sort of thing? Not sure how that would help me but thanks.

Sorry but I'm new to Daz and trying to get to grips with the sorcery :)

I wait with enthusiasm for the add-on! Where will the release be announced please?

Good luck!

Malc