Transfer a MORPH from 3ds Max to DAZ Studio problem.

cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in New Users

hello everyone...
I have a big issue here and i hope someone can enlighten me before i loose my mind.
I treid few days ago to create a head morph, in max then export it back to daz via morph loader pro, easy all works well, but when i slide mode the slider its a mess,as it shows in the image i attached i no longer know what to do i dont know what its wrong, my workflow is as follows.
Genesis zeroed base no subD, exported to daz format default settings, then i load it in max under daz settings with out to triangulate it and i leave the scale to 1.0
i make the morph i tryed a bunch of silly ones like wnlarging the head for instance anyway
then i exported back under daz settings scale 1.0 quads no triangulation.
i load it hen back in daz using morph loader pro all is fine but when i try it out nothing works, please someone help, i tried to open it in hexagon then back to daz stil the same result.
i'[m out of options.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,183
    edited December 1969

The issue is that the vertex order is being changed. Please post screenshots of the exact import/export settings you are using. Are you doing anything, such as using a resymmetry command, that might change the mesh itself (rather than just the positions of the vertices)?

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

be sure to turn off vertex optimization when you export out of max. That fixed it for me.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
    edited December 2012

Yes Richard i've done lots of modification to the inital morph, including deleting half of it then doing the symmetry, to speed up the morph not having to do it twice on both sides, was trying a head morpg, anyway.
    But the interesting part is as follows, i just did a genesis base mesh with out touching it inside max then trying to reimport it in daz as a morph just to see if it is a max problem or my morph was bad, anyway, i used the setings as in th posted shots, and it will still blow up the mesh

@larsmidnatt i have tried that too, still same rsult even with the untouched unmodified mesh, i simply domnt understand whats wrong

OBJEXPORTOPTIONS.PNG
    335 x 377 - 36K
    OBJIMPORTOPTIONS.PNG
    459 x 728 - 70K
    Post edited by cyberspeed1 on
    edited December 1969

I guess my already finished head morph is useless, although it loads perfectly fine using morph loader it just blows up the genesis mesh if i move the slider, i had no idea that if i open genesisi in max and i delet half of it and work on it then add the symmetry would screw things that bad
    anyone knows how to use max in symmetry mode with out actually having half of genesis? anyone? :(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,183
    edited December 1969

Not a 3DSM user, but the script/plugin mentioned here looks as if it may help http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-536852.html

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

thanks for that link Richard

edited December 1969

Thank you for that information Richard, as soon as i try it out i'll make sure to post if it works as should so no one would end up in a mess i ended up, hehe

edited December 1969

Well, for those of you ever wanting to do a morph in max DO NOT delete half of Genesis mesh to work on one half then add the symmery modifier, because there is no workaround to repair the mesh vertice, edge, face order. back the one Genesis base mesh has.

From the link that Richard posted only one script could have worked for me the oher one no
    And its the Morphix one.
    In the attached images you can see that i tried to repair the morph head i made but with no success.
    the difference in verts edge faces is quite huge.
    Well next time i'll know what to do
    and then when i try to process it gives that error that i relly dont undesrtand
    and in the third is the actual result of that script and you can see on the left of the mesh the morph which is messy, and on the right of the mesh the genesis side untouched.
    Now i have to start all over again, lucky me :(

final.PNG
    1555 x 827 - 271K
    error.PNG
    1553 x 828 - 502K
    hints_selected.PNG
    1554 x 825 - 473K
    edited December 2012

I'm still trying to figure out why in the world the mesh gets so messed up.
    Even if i just export Genesis as base no subD in daz settings default, and import it in max under daz settings, as editable poly and single mesh, i do not touch it what so ever, then i export it back to daz settings default, then i load it back in daz using morph loader pro which has no issue with it, it will still blow up the mesh as soon as i move the slider.

I no longer know what settings to use, to max - from max, anyone experienced in max can give me some ideas please?

Post edited by cyberspeed1 on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Out of interest, how are you importing the mesh? As an object or a morph target? I've noticed a few small curios when exporting from Daz to 3DS Max though I've had little trouble going the other way around. It appears as though the vertex order is getting messed up somewhere along the way. Have you tried exporting and importing without using optimization?