OMG, an Elvis suit. Finally!!!

LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
edited January 2017 in The Commons

Happy dancing! There's finally an Elvis suit in the DAZ store (which goes strangely well with the Antebellum Mansion. Graceland, anyone?) Thank you Aave Nainan and Destiny's Garden!

Post edited by Llynara on

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,275

I Know - I don't know when I am EVER going to use it, but it is sitting in my cart :-)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

I actually can use this and would buy it even if I couldn't. I have a Super in my next book who dresses up in an Elvis suit, and his female counterpart loves to wear 70s jumpsuits and other wild stuff (normal attire in Las Vegas.) The closest I had found so far was a 70s mariachi outfit at Rendo for M4. This is much better! Looks fantastic and lots of options, draping, etc. Paired with DG's Bling It shaders, there's lots of fun to be had!

• So wonderfully made! It also makes a great rhinestone cowboy and Bollywood outfit!

edited January 2017

Bollywood! Yes! And I think I may have to put George in it tonight! LOL

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I saw this, I was like "Yay, I was looking for one!"

Then I remembered I was looking for a jumpsuit pattern to make one in the real world.  (School musical is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.  If you've seen it, you'll know where it goes.)

I'm starting to get my hobbies mixed up. :)

But it's still really cool.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    Llynara said:

I think I may have to put George in it tonight! LOL

If you do, please post renders.

• hey did you guys see the news story on msn and probably other sites of this video/photos of a white haired bearded man in the crowd  at Elvis's Graceland home during his 82nd birthday celebration claiming it is him still alive?

edited January 2017
    Llynara said:

I think I may have to put George in it tonight! LOL

If you do, please post renders.

@Charlie Judge You know I will! How can I NOT share that? Hee hee

@AngelReaper1972 No, didn't see the news story, but there's always hope. I never liked his death story. Maybe that's why so many have "rewritten" it. They didn't like it either.

@DaWaterRat That's funny. And what a great musical!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    3Ddreamer said:

I Know - I don't know when I am EVER going to use it, but it is sitting in my cart :-)

Same here!! I grew up with the King thanks to a Mom that was a HUGE fan

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I love the outfit! LOL...unfortunately, I can't think of one single instance where I'd use it. It's a niche niche item ;).

Laurie

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

1) Use dark elf skin and morphs

2) add daggers

3) render Elvish Assassins

4) rejoice

posecast said:

1) Use dark elf skin and morphs

2) add daggers

3) render Elvish Assassins

4) rejoice

ROFLMAO!!! I want to see that in a render!

• well I am thinking about it wasn't at first but then I am a Bruce Campbell fan and in his movie Bubba Ho-Tep he plays Elvis story goes Elvis was tired of the lifestyle and trades places with an Elvis imporsonater who is the one who died, now many years later he lives in a nursing home recounting his glory days of course no one believes he's the real Elvis except for his friend Jack who believes he is JFK together they do battle with an ancient mummy who is sucking the souls of the elderly. And there was a preview of a possible sequal with Elvis taking on more supernatural creatures

Sooo in other words could do a whole heap of renders of Elvis fighting vampires, mummys, werewolves and other monsters. But I haven't decided

edited January 2017

The possibilities really are endless. Elvis has been an icon for over half a century, was in a ton of movies, and still pops up in many long after his death. And there are tons of stories and movies with Elvis impersonators too. Can't remember the name of that one where a bunch of them jumped out of a plane. Honeymoon in Vegas with Nicholas Cage, maybe? 

I think you can have a lot of fun with this outfit! And DG's Bling It! Shaders are at a good discount today if you buy them at the same time. Think of the possibilities, lol.

EDITED TO ADD: Toon Elvis! OMG, we must make a Toon Elvis render! 

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited January 2017
    Llynara said:

I actually can use this and would buy it even if I couldn't. I have a Super in my next book who dresses up in an Elvis suit, and his female counterpart loves to wear 70s jumpsuits and other wild stuff (normal attire in Las Vegas.) The closest I had found so far was a 70s mariachi outfit at Rendo for M4. This is much better! Looks fantastic and lots of options, draping, etc. Paired with DG's Bling It shaders, there's lots of fun to be had!

Thanks so much for all the great comments everyone. It was a serious challenge, and also serious fun to texture Aave's wonderful garment. Llynara, it works great with the Bling It! shaders. I was messing around with the shaders on the suit before I started the textures. Tile somewhere around 10 and the scale is pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing renders of the Elvish Assassins and Elvis, the Monster Slayer. Have fun!

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • Elvis was important in Walter Jon William's The Crown Jewels and/or House of Shards (I can't recall the details, but I think theer was a church). And of course on the subject of vampires and werewolves there is Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series (from whence True Blood).

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2017

A quick and dirty Elvis George :-)

elvis.png
    1002 x 908 - 1M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
    edited January 2017

"Thank you. Thank you very much!"

Llynara said:

Thanks so much for all the great comments everyone. It was a serious challenge, and also serious fun to texture Aave's wonderful garment. Llynara, it works great with the Bling It! shaders. I was messing around with the shaders on the suit before I started the textures. Tile somewhere around 10 and the scale is pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing renders of the Elvish Assassins and Elvis, the Monster Slayer. Have fun!

Thanks for all your hard work. It's a wonderful product and such a great option to have. It opens up all kinds of fun things, just like George and the Toons do. We need more fun products like this. I can't wait to get home and bling the outfit up. And then stick George and the Toons in it! 

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2017

Well, I was thinking of a different shader set, tho I don't think that is available any more, and honestly I dread looking at the ledger at this moment. (whimpering sound of dismay) I simply don't know what I have for play funds yet, tho I am very tempted by the outfit.  As for G3M, my collection is a bit lacking and I've yet to locate a Dave5 or Gunner for generation 7.  I admit I've never really been a big fan of the original music, tho the concept and inspirations by other artists are very cool I think.

Oh (jumping with excitement), it is there

http://www.daz3d.com/dg-iray-holiday-fabrics

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Could someone who has it do a cross fit to G3F (or G2F) ...see how it goes?

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184

I am just waiting for someone to do Elvis as an alien in that jumpsuit LOL 

edited January 2017

Ok, here we go! Here's Iain for Michael 7 by @DarwinsMishap (just out!) It's such a pleasure to put beautifully made clothes on a beautifully made 3D model. Aave's jumpsuit fits like a dream and has a lot of morphs and drapes. I don't have the Mercenary Soul Poses she did drapes for, but they just went on sale. I'll pick them up on payday and do some more fun renders with those. Click on the pic below for a closer look at the details of this outfit. DG did a great job on the beading. Wow! 

Ian_Elvis4.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 777K

Here's Iain and George, who stole Iain's skin and even his eyeliner. Are they twins? Who knows! All I can tell you is that George's default skin makes him look like the Willy Wonka Blueberry Girl under ElianeCK's purple lights! You could kind of call this shot "Before and After."

Scavenger said:

I'll be tackling that after Toony Elvis. I have a G3F character who loves to wear this kind of stuff. Time to wheel her out and put on some Bling It! Shaders. Should be fun! 

I've got that Alien-X guy I haven't used yet. Maybe he'd like to try the Elvis suit on! And if I can figure out the Stagehand set from Dimension Theory, I've got some really cool venues to put him in.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    Llynara said:
    Scavenger said:

I'll be tackling that after Toony Elvis. I have a G3F character who loves to wear this kind of stuff. Time to wheel her out and put on some Bling It! Shaders. Should be fun! 

I've got that Alien-X guy I haven't used yet. Maybe he'd like to try the Elvis suit on! And if I can figure out the Stagehand set from Dimension Theory, I've got some really cool venues to put him in.

Is it me or does that guy on the left look like Jimmy Fallon? 

• I love rockabilly, so Elvis is near and dear to my heart. Even Vegas-era Elvis.

How well does this jumpsuit work with Genesis2? Does anyone know? I use G2M far more than G3M.

I can stick it on G2M tonight too. Should fit fine if you've got the G3M for G2M clone. One of my main superhero characters is a G2M and I've fitted many G3M clothes to him without problems using that product.

• Llynara said:

I can stick it on G2M tonight too. Should fit fine if you've got the G3M for G2M clone. One of my main superhero characters is a G2M and I've fitted many G3M clothes to him without problems using that product.

Mighty neighborly of you! :) Thank you in advance!

It's a pleasure really. I feel like I'm in heaven. Finally got an Elvis suit and an Antebellum Mansion all in the same week! Graceland, here I come!