Import 3D Max 2012 to Daz settings

edited December 1969 in New Users

Can someone please tell me what settings in Max to use in order to get a character's body shape into Daz so I can use the auto conform options as that of Victoria and Genesis please?

My goal is to import a Skyrim model and fit some armor to it for rendering in Daz Studio. I do not plan to use any of this outside my own personal use, that is, share with anyone for there games or Daz Studio.

Many thank you's

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have never used Max, but the Autofit feature in DAZ Studio is designed to fit other items from previous Generation 4 figures to Genesis. It does not work at fitting clothing to any other model except Genesis.

DS4 can import FBX and DAE formats as well as OBJ.

• edited December 1969

Is there anyway I can import another character body and get say some camo jeans to fit the imported mesh without too much difficulty?

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

If you bring in another figure, you will have to rig it to even be able to pose it in DS.
    DS doesn't understand the Max Biped rigging system and in any case the rigging information won't come over if you import an OBJ.

From an ease of use standpoint, it would be easier to use morphs to make Genesis look like the character you desire.

• edited December 1969

Thank you for your help. This is the information I need to move forward. :)