Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial]

futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0

'Garibaldi Express' is the complete professional hair solution for Daz Studio. Designed from the ground up to offer powerful yet easy tools. Anyone can create breathtaking hair and fur renders quickly.
Today I'm happy to announce the availability of the first open beta test version of 'Garibaldi Express'. To download simple visit our website and make sure to check out the free two included hair styles.
Please Take into account this is an early beta version so aspects are subject to change and may not fuction as expected.

New Beta test applications have now closed

http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Wow, just when we wait for a hair system, another one joins the party ... ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Currently MAC only, but appareamtly a Windows version is due .... er, s-s-s-soon?

When you sign-up and you get the almost blank page saying 'check your email address' it actually means 'mail sent, go check your email account' not (as I first thought) 'you made a boo-boo entering your email address' ;)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Currently MAC only, but appareamtly a Windows version is due .... er, s-s-s-soon?

When you sign-up and you get the almost blank page saying 'check your email address' it actually means 'mail sent, go check your email account' not (as I first thought) 'you made a boo-boo entering your email address' ;)

So no pc...that's a bummer! Good for mac users though. ; )
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited October 2012

I just saw the youtube tutorial this is super the quality of the hair is excellent , not to mention not rigging needed and it follow genesis , finally professional looking hair system for us , can't wait for the Windows version . We getting spoiled this year don;t we ?

here the youtube tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSbBIDQeqs

Cath

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Hope there's a windows beta in the very near future - this looks amazing!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Waiting with bated breath on the PC beta version.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Ditto! What an exciting idea. :)

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

SimonJM said:

I need to fix some issues with the current version that have come up first. The plan is hopefully that I'll start work on the windows port today and should be available in about a week in addition to some other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks to all the people that have already download the Mac OS version. If you are having any issues then it would greatly appreciated that you send any feedback to: [email protected]

I'm really hoping that we can make Garibaldi Express a success and I have chance to implement some additional exciting new unique features.

Post edited by futurebiscuit on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

This looks really great. One question: are you able to create an obj from this or does the plugin handle how the hair is generated within the scene. This may be useful in situations where you want to generate the hair in poser or pass it to Luxrender or Octane external renderers.

edited October 2012

I was curious about that also, knowing that rigging would be not involved or shades when exporting , I understand that you can share the styles with others what is a good thing , and I expect over million of poly if the hair can be converted and exported as obj from ds , it should be not a big task to make it happen , I hope only that Otoy improve own future Octane plugin for DS and allow to render the hair also as it does now in 3dsmax so we will end with a great stuff here .
    The hair from this plugin reminds me so much of the one used by Pixar , finally we get decent fur also , and the manipulations od the hair texture is on high level with so realistic hair textures itself, not to mention it follow with the animation and is not static that have to be redone each time you change the pose that is a big improvement so exciting about this one !

This looks really great. One question: are you able to create an obj from this or does the plugin handle how the hair is generated within the scene. This may be useful in situations where you want to generate the hair in poser or pass it to Luxrender or Octane external renderers.
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

Oh! This looks fantastic. I'll be happy to beta test. Downloading it now. :)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I grabbed the files and will have a play with it this weekend.

edited December 1969

great so I hope to see some test previews as I am on Win :( have to wait a little bit longer

I grabbed the files and will have a play with it this weekend.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Several posts have been removed from this thread because they were disrupting a Commercial thread.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

That looks amazing !
    Signed up already, now anxiously awaiting the Windows beta...

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

The one time I wish I had a Mac lol, oh well joins the windows line up.

edited December 1969

that what i was thinking yesterday , well we have to wait a little bit longer ..

The one time I wish I had a Mac lol, oh well joins the windows line up.
    edited December 1969

Here is some context and background of Garibaldi Express…

Garibaldi Express is just a part of a larger picture of hair plugins that are planned for a range of 3D graphics programs.

I worked on hair modeling and simulation software for years at VFX companies that work on highly successful Hollywood films. I always found the experience very elitist and wondered if some of these ideas could be used to create some more accessible software.

I rediscover Daz Studio in 2010 and found it had become a popular 3D graphics package with an intriguing Qt based API including a great RenderMan Compliant render. At the time I realised that I didn't have time to produce a quality plugin.
    Two years later I decided to take a break from the grind of working for VFX companies and Garibaldi Express was born.

I am aware of the 'Look at my hair' product, when I first requested a copy of the Daz Studio SDK it was pointed out to me. I seams it's maturing into a great product over its private beta period from viewing the thread in this forum. I'm not hugely concerned with its progress as I have my own goals for garibaldi, but comparisons are bound to be drawn.
    As potential customers it's up to you to decide how to spend your money. Unsurprisingly I'm bias towards my product.

As I don't want to alienate any potential customers. So I have made a very minor change to ambiguous marketing point that was taken out of context.
    I was hoping people would acually concentrate on the product and the results.

Anyway back to the software…

I will be releasing a beta 2 that fixes issues with rendering hair on non genesis characters (seems I broke this) and some other minor issues today.

As for the Windows Version… I'm just installing a new license of Windows 7 on my PC as I type.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Have you done any animals yet? If so I'd love to see how that turned out.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Interesting and first impression is that it is indeed very intuitive and quick to use. Will give more feedback once I get the latest version to be issued today.

edited December 1969

Animals are not genesis but maybe some example with the gorilla can be made lol from what I saw in the video there is a way to create fantastic hair texture to simulate the hair
    I hope the windows version is up quick so we can figure it out

Have you done any animals yet? If so I'd love to see how that turned out.
    edited October 2012

Are the hairs that were on the download page the same for Win and Mac? I downloaded them but not the plugin since I'm on Windows - really looking forward to the Windows Beta!

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Can hair sets made with your program be used by other users who do not have your product?

Can hair be separrated into groups so that different effects and shaders be used on different sections?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

I was hoping people would acually concentrate on the product and the results.

I have no idea what was said before and I don't care too but I agree 100% about this statement. I am watching both so I will be sitting on the fence for the time being. :)

Great work so far through, impressive stuff. I am liking the controls too. No complicated but from what I can see it has a lot of controls but none that are surplus to get the job done.

Post edited by Szark on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I have to say that the color and specularity in those images looks really wonderful. I'm sitting with the windows people and waiting patiently for now.

• ryverthornryverthorn Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

I am amazed at what this plugin is capable of doing. Looking forward to a windows release as well :)

edited December 1969

the hair are only for MAC in the zip files when you unzip them you can see it is Mac version

Are the hairs that were on the download page the same for Win and Mac? I downloaded them but not the plugin since I'm on Windows - really looking forward to the Windows Beta!
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

Looks interesting. So, is 4.5 really needed or will it work in 4? Just checking since everything else matches but I haven't upgraded yet.

edited December 1969

The plugin generate optimally structured curve primitives as you render in daz with 3Delight. I wasn't planning on offering the ability to export into any generic poly geometry formats.
    I cringe at the idea of trying to push 10's millions of polys into a simple ascii obj file. Although I would be impressed if a fully physically based GPU render could handle that much geo.

If there a size-able demand for that feature it wouldn't hard to write.

edited December 1969

*hides face in shame*
    I didn't even look at them since I don't have the program..sigh...sorry, and thanks, Cath!

Mec4D said:
    the hair are only for MAC in the zip files when you unzip them you can see it is Mac version

This discussion has been closed.