Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:

Don't know when to pull the trigger and sign up yet...

So the halloween sale didn't convince you to jump on board?

Halloween sale? Someone didn't me that!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

GumpOtaku said:

Halloween sale? Someone didn't me that!

yep big secret ;)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/pc-halloween-sale/

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Can someone give a link to this "Halloween category"? I can't find it.

edited December 1969

BIG SECRET INDEED!

Alright, tomorrow then, I shall sign up! I need to take some steps to ensure that I stay in the PC. Also need to establish credit too. Good idea or bad idea?

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    BIG SECRET INDEED!

Alright, tomorrow then, I shall sign up! I need to take some steps to ensure that I stay in the PC. Also need to establish credit too. Good idea or bad idea?

Sorry can't help there. But I will say its a bad idea to spend money you don't have, especially on digital dollies ;)

So ya know, don't spend too much. :P

edited December 1969

ty lars. nice avatar BTW!

~GO

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    ty lars. nice avatar BTW!

~GO

Thank you!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I'm starting to wonder what the big thing is that Poser users are supposed to like that was hinted at back when people were starting to stay they were going to leave the PC after the switch to this new software and people started having problems with their memberships.

...[brushing off dust & cobwebs that collected while waiting] same here
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

*wakes up*

WHOA. We moved!?

Why hello there everyone! :)

edited December 1969

I am a little squrimish about giving away my debit card directly, though...

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    I am a little squrimish about giving away my debit card directly, though...

I can understand the concern. However in modern society it's one of those things that is typically accepted. Sure there are ways around it but they involve a lot of work. And out of all sites, daz is somewhat reliable. Better than many, but err, they have made mistakes in the past too. No stolen numbers that I am aware of, but they have been known to overcharge for the monthly membership fee(they have done it to me before).

edited December 1969

Oh, and just because I wanna, Here's a render I am working on...

~GO

wip21.jpg
    1426 x 802 - 537K
    edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    Oh, and just because I wanna, Here's a render I am working on...

~GO

Too much armor for me, but I'm sure some people will appreciate that she's covered up ;)

edited December 1969

Oh but seriously, I'm all for the impractical battle gear, I do it tons too. But please give her some boots :)

edited December 1969

WOOHOO! One more and I get mah green bar!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

Of course I'm st ill waiting to hear from Daz about my PC details since it's MISSING FROM MY ACCOUNT like many other PC users. Shouldn't Daz fix the broken parts of the club before getting more people to buy into it? or asking us to renew????

edited December 1969

awww. sorry to hear to hear that dalia. I hope someone is watching...

edited December 1969

I iz also wishing the same thing doesn't happen 2 me...

~GO

edited December 1969

Of course I'm st ill waiting to hear from Daz about my PC details since it's MISSING FROM MY ACCOUNT like many other PC users. Shouldn't Daz fix the broken parts of the club before getting more people to buy into it? or asking us to renew????

You did use Zendesk to contact DAZ, right?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Perhaps you didn't see the "like many other PC members" in Belovedalia's post. This is not an isolated incident that one or two PC members are having.

Trust me, we have contacted Daz. We have posted in a thread where we specifically asked to post if we were having this problem. We have done just about everything other than stand on our heads in front of the Daz offices and scream about it.

edited December 1969

Yes, I know -- I was hit by that bug too.

On the other hand, the bug hasn't hit me since I got my subscription fixed (fingers crossed) -- I had "no subscriptions", as I had gotten that yearly sub before the changeover and somehow it failed to update my account. And then the bug hit me, bam. Have people been bitten by the bug after the manual fix from DAZ?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Can someone give a link to this "Halloween category"? I can't find it.

Thanks. Only a couple things I might want in there, I have most of what I would want already.

Dana

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

On the other hand, the bug hasn't hit me since I got my subscription fixed (fingers crossed) -- I had "no subscriptions", as I had gotten that yearly sub before the changeover and somehow it failed to update my account. And then the bug hit me, bam. Have people been bitten by the bug after the manual fix from DAZ?

Don't know, really. I've had the problem ever since the new store started.

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

There are a few items I noticed in the sale category that are still showing up at 1.99 :
    Reparation
    Zendal
    Onyx for gen male

Could someone from Daz look into this please?

And, seriously, there needs to be a thread in the member's forum that clearly indicates which items need to be bought for the buy it all category, what the heck are "cross-over" items (base items? add ons?) ? Clearly notifying what the member's freebies are and a link to the category sale. It doesn't need to be a discussion thread, in fact preferably not, just somewhere we can clearly see what's going on.

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I'm starting to wonder what the big thing is that Poser users are supposed to like that was hinted at back when people were starting to stay they were going to leave the PC after the switch to this new software and people started having problems with their memberships.

Thinking the same thing!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

rory7411 said:
    There are a few items I noticed in the sale category that are still showing up at 1.99 :
    Reparation
    Zendal
    Onyx for gen male

Could someone from Daz look into this please?

And, seriously, there needs to be a thread in the member's forum that clearly indicates which items need to be bought for the buy it all category, what the heck are "cross-over" items (base items? add ons?) ? Clearly notifying what the member's freebies are and a link to the category sale. It doesn't need to be a discussion thread, in fact preferably not, just somewhere we can clearly see what's going on.

As I mentioned earlier...

There needs to be a separate category of ALL the items that belong to the PC Anniversary Sale! Yes there is a PC items with the $1.99 items, however, most of these were already $1.99 long before our current PC Anniversary Sale. I cant tell what is part of the sale and what is not, like wise what has actually been discounted further from the pre-existing discounted items.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Well it looks as though I'm not going to get my wish of seeing a discounted annual membership during the PC sale, which is unfortunate as I held back in spending during the PA sale so I'd have enough for a membership and a few purchases. At full price to the membership it's just not worth it though because I won't have any money left over to take advantage of an PC Anniversary deals.

I got an idea though for next year. How about just prior to the PC sale for a few days or a week you offer discounted annual memberships? I say annual because it probably wouldn't be worth it to do discounts on the monthly membership as people would do it just to get the anniversary discounts and then not renew. I believe you did something like that earlier in the year during the promotion to see what it's like to enjoy PC pricing. So if you can do it then seems like you could do it just before the anniversary too. In doing so it seems that it should increase the numbers able to take advantage of the Anniversary and hopefully the increased sales during the anniversary, even though discounted, should offset the discounted memberships.

edited December 1969

Pretty sure that once people wake up and go to work in Utah (in about four hours), those glitches with price are going to be fixed.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

I've seen some mentioning it as well...but I really really hope that they will make a Dream Home bundle :D
    Although I have to say that it's already cheap at 1.99, it would just be handy to have the whole package together.
    Ok well, so far for my random remark, please carry on...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Don't know, really. I've had the problem ever since the new store started.

It seems to me the only way to fix the problem is when you find yourself no longer a PC member dispite being paid up. Once you go through the rigramole of contacting sales and waiting for them to fix it (be sure to mention that you are an annual member, if you are, and when your subscription is paid up to, if you know as they don't seem to have a way of knowing and will presume you are a monthly member); once this is sorted out you should find you have a subscription status.

Apparently the way to get kicked out of the PC club is to return something requesting a refund.