March Madness

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Taozen said:
    L'Adair said:

I made my first RDNA purchase early morning DAZ time. I'm now kicking myself for not taking screenshots...

I bought Shanda Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s). Under Install Types, it says, "Look at individual products in this bundle for install types " Bundle? Okaaay... Bundles usually list the individual products they contain and this listing doesn't. But Shanda Hair for G2 Female and Male was listed as part of a bundle, specifically part of the Shanda Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) bundle, at the time I made my purchase. Between the two listings, I was expecting to see G2 versions in my DIM...

This is good bundle practice IMO:

http://www.daz3d.com/bridget-hair-bundle

- each hair (G2/G3) costs $21.95 but if you want both versions you get them for $24.95. After all it's the same hair, just with different fits. 

I agree. I'm far more likely to purchase hair that supports both G2 and G3 than only one or the other, whether they are bundled together like the Bridget Hair Bundle or supported in one product like DragonFly Hair. Even better is one product that supports both male and female, as well as both generations, like Kyle Hair, which I bought the same time as Shanda Hair for G3F.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    jash147 said:
    L'Adair said:
    jash147 said:

But not if you are me, it would seem.

Life is too short to care over much. I've kicked some stuff into touch I was going to get; sorry to those PAs. I shall resolve to not buy anything until I have checked here that there are no problems. Even if it something I am happy to buy, like the MEC3d Shaders.

I do not see why Sales can't explain to me why I am wrong to be annoyed, rather than telling me that it would be more expensive to buy them today. This seems insulting. I did provide at the second attempt screen shots from this forum. Maybe they think that some people paid too little.

Did you include the order number for your purchase of The Girl 7 Pro? If not, include it when you try again. Be patient.

List it like this:

• Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.2 for Iray ............ $35.95
    • - 50% for MM multiple purchase .............. $17.98
    • - 10% for DMB discount ...................... $16.18
    • - 10% for The Girl 7 Pro MM discount ........ $14.56

Then include the order number for your purchase of The Girl 7 Pro bundle.

Good luck!

Ah, that is worth a try I suppose. I rather supposed that Sales could see what a customer has ordered. It still doesn't explain the peculiarly dismissive response.

there's also the discounts if your a platinum member+  we get extra discounts as well 

But not on PA items like MEC4D's shaders ...

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

Well, I have PC+ as well, so if it's relevant, I'm covered: except I'm not. Grrr.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Trying to figure out the math...

If I want the base figure Mei Lin only, and I also add one product "Still Mad" section, should the price of the Mei Lin base be $15.73? 

(I truly can't work out these discounts which is why I need to ask)

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    jakiblue said:

Trying to figure out the math...

If I want the base figure Mei Lin only, and I also add one product "Still Mad" section, should the price of the Mei Lin base be $15.73? 

(I truly can't work out these discounts which is why I need to ask)

Yes If you are PC+ Member and have not bought The Girl Pro Bundle it should be 15,73

44,95 * 0,7 (PC+ DO Rebate) = 31,46 * 0,5 (Two Items MM Rebate) = 15,73

If you are not a PC+ Member it would be

44,95 * 0,5 (Two Items MM Rebate) = 22,47

If you are PC+ Member and bought the Girl Pro Bundle it would be

44,95 * 0,7 (PC+ DO Rebate) = 31,46 * 0,5 (Two Items MM Rebate) = 15,73 * 0,9 (Girl Pro Bundle) = 14,15

• Novica said:

I picked up Alex hair. Promo art did not do it justice since it showed none of the styles I thought or movements. But the hair itself is boss. Well done. One thing I liked is the included scalp. That is much needed for thinner hairstyles. Too bad it isn't a separate piece.

Looks really good. Hopefully they'll tell us why it's not in the store. The vendor isn't in the featured artist stores to get a discount, so no biggie on that aspect.

Sorry about that, Alex hair that you saw was a submitted for testing version at RDNA just before the merger, so I submitted it to Daz testing instead....apparently the two products got conflated on the system somehow, and was brought in with a few other of my genesis hairs.

Alex hair , with more fits, is due out next week, ish....along with some other surprises.

Btw, glorious render!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Sorry about that, Alex hair that you saw was a submitted for testing version at RDNA just before the merger, so I submitted it to Daz testing instead....apparently the two products got conflated on the system somehow, and was brought in with a few other of my genesis hairs.

Alex hair , with more fits, is due out next week, ish....along with some other surprises.

Btw, glorious render!!

Thanks for the explanation! 

• I am thinking of become a member of pc+, if I do that and buy the Mei Lin 7 Starter bundle and one other march madness item, what would the price be for the bundle?

I would be grateful if someone can help me with the math as I am terrible at math.

Also: if I choose the annual membership and choose a monthly payment plan, will it cost more that 6 dollars per month? does it cost extra to have a payment plan?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

If you are new to 3D you could hardly make a better decision than to join up with the PC+. There is a back catalog of *thousands* of useful items, most of them priced at $1.99 to members. The additional discount on new items isn't to be sneered at either, nor are the weekly and monthly freebies. It will definitely pay for itself while you build up your content library.

A lot of the clothing is gen4 or earlier,  but a lot of it autofits adequately to use, and there are some gorgeous props and sets which you see all over the place if you browse any of the galleries that have been around for a while.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I paid $32.26 for Mei Lin 7 Pro Bundle.  That is:

Base price: $134.95

10% off as Daily Madness Item: ~$121.46

10% off as Girl 7 Pro buyer: ~$109.31

50% off for buying it with another MM item: $54.65

30% off as a PC+ member: $38.26

$6 off DAZ Originals coupon: $32.26

If you're not a Girl 7 Pro owner, it's: $134.95 - 10% (daily madness) = $121.46 - 50% (w/another MM item) = $60.73 - 30% (PC+) = $42.51 - $6 (PC+ coupon) = $36.51

So buying PC+ right now saves you ($60.73-$42.51)+$6 or $24.22.  Which is $0.22 more than the current cost of a PC+ quarterly membership, and leaves you with one PA coupon.  And it gives you 2 more DAZ and PA coupons over the next few months.  Plus lots of other discounts.

--  Morgan

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I don't have the girl bundle and already used my PC coupon so my price for Mei Lin Pro bundle is showing 42.51 which according to your figuring CypherFOX would be correct

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982

FOR ALL NON-MEMBERS

If you are a member, you get GOOD free stuff weekly and PC+ items become....DIRT CHEAP  

you pay $15

https://www.daz3d.com/desert-storm-hover

I pay $2

simple math

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

I am thinking of become a member of pc+, if I do that and buy the Mei Lin 7 Starter bundle and one other march madness item, what would the price be for the bundle?

$31.48

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited April 2016

Greetings,

I am thinking of become a member of pc+, if I do that and buy the Mei Lin 7 Starter bundle and one other march madness item, what would the price be for the bundle?

$31.48

_headdesk_  Missed the 'Starter Bundle' specification, good catch.  Yeah; the Starter Bundle doesn't get the Daily Madness discount, but if you buy it with another MM item, it becomes:

Base: $89.95

MM 50% off: $44.98

PC+ 30% off: $31.48

PC+ Coupon $6 off: $25.48

...for a total savings of ~$19.50 over the non-member price.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188

There are some things of interest to me, but I don't have time to work through the March madness.  

lenwilder said:

There are some things of interest to me, but I don't have time to work through the March madness.  

Hust add it to the cart, and if it os only one MM Item add another one you like if younfind it.

That all you need to know (at least today)

• Thank you so much for the advice and help with the math! smiley ♥, I have not yet decided between the pro and starterbundle, but I think it will be starter, and I am definatly  joining pc+ laugh

lenwilder said:

If those "some things" that you already know about are worth it to you at half their regular price, you can safely buy without considering the rest.

...and I am definatly  joining pc+ laugh

That's great, but remember - the PC+ is a "spend-to-save" package. You have to spend money (PC+ membership) to gain only the option of the savings the PC+ membership brings. It only pays for itself if you intend to buy savings-qualifying items anyway. The $6 coupons are valuable only if they're cashed against things you actually want. The 30% off DAZ originals is only significant if you want to buy those items anyway.

The danger is that you end up buying things merely to psychologically justify your PC+ membership (then DAZ wins twice).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

...and I am definatly  joining pc+ laugh

That's great, but remember - the PC+ is a "spend-to-save" package. You have to spend money (PC+ membership) to gain only the option of the savings the PC+ membership brings. It only pays for itself if you intend to buy savings-qualifying items anyway. The $6 coupons are valuable only if they're cashed against things you actually want. The 30% off DAZ originals is only significant if you want to buy those items anyway.

The danger is that you end up buying things merely to psychologically justify your PC+ membership (then DAZ wins twice).

Yes, although I've found it usually isn't an issue, and I've been around long enough to have bought all the older DO and PC items i want.  One DO or PC item or one freebie you want every 6 weeks or so is enough to pay for the cost of PC.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited April 2016

I  read all the fine print of the pc+ membership, and I agree, Peter Fulford, it only pays for itself if you buy stuff you would have bought anyway, but I thought I try anyway since I have been buying lots of stuff in a short amount of time, and if I can make

some savings I need to do that. I had some difficulties to choose between annual and quarterly, it's cheeper per month if I choose annual but then it's for a whole year since there's no refunds. I ended up choosing quarterly so I can see how much I end up saving,

if  I am happy with that I will get an annual membership after that.

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

One DO or PC item or one freebie you want every 6 weeks or so is enough to pay for the cost of PC.

That's where it becomes questionable, for me. That's where the justification psychology comes in.

I rejoined PC+ toward the start of the March Madness sale when DAZ_Steve dropped a one off "forum sale" of tasty G3 stuff with an annual PC+ membership at $49. At that time, I'd realised that MM was going to cause me to be Mr. Spendy for a while, so the PC+ offer made instant sense. It has paid for itself already (because I saved on back catalogue things I already wanted, plus the terrific new stuff).

Even so, I've still been cautious. There remains some back catalogue I want but at a better price than MM. Those offers will come eventually*.

*speculation

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

There's almost always SOME $4-5 DO item I could use. Between that and a decent monthly budget, PC+ pays for itself in spades.

• I am quite amused at the Newly Mad category today.  All Mei Lin items.... and an Angora Sweater.

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982

The pc+ items starting at 2 bucks saves me a TON of money there are 2,700+ PC+ items and that is not counting

the hundreds I own already

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Yeah if you are new PC+ makes so much sense if only for the vast array of weekly released $2 items. On top of the 30% originals discount and the monthly coupons it pays itself off very, very quickly. It's by far the best value membership type thing I've found.

Of course if you aren't buying any Daz content then it won't do you much good... but then it's there for people who want to buy Daz content (with a monthly PA bonus in coupon form) so what do you expect?

edited April 2016

I  read all the fine print of the pc+ membership, and I agree, Peter Fulford, it only pays for itself if you buy stuff you would have bought anyway, but I thought I try anyway since I have been buying lots of stuff in a short amount of time, and if I can make

some savings I need to do that. I had some difficulties to choose between annual and quarterly, it's cheeper per month if I choose annual but then it's for a whole year since there's no refunds. I ended up choosing quarterly so I can see how much I end up saving,

if  I am happy with that I will get an annual membership after that.

Pro Tip:

Disable The Auto renewal in the PC+  Pane in the Account Settings.

Then keep your eyes open for PC+ Membership sales, they happen regulary (every 2-3 Month)

I got a Annual Membership for 49 $ end of Feb.

To not miss them I suggest to subscribe to the "Flash Sale alerts" Thread here in the Forum.

Ah and another Tip: Don go crazy on buying the PC+ Items initially. They are cheap but still add up fast. And they will still be there next week or next month. It is grat to get a decent content base of some scenes, hairs etc and i would do so but in the and still only buy what you really use now!

(I should more often follow this rule myself ;-) )

Post edited by Renomista on
    Renomista said:

Pro Tip:

Disable The Auto renewal in the PC+  Pane in the Account Settings.

Then keep your eyes open for PC+ Membership sales, they happen regulary (every 2-3 Month)

I got a Annual Membership for 49 $ end of Feb.

And if you paid with Paypal you have to disable the autopayment on the Paypal side too.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

Really daz? Its almost a third of the way through APRIL!!! Enough March Madness already! March is the third month of the year, not the second ... and not the forth. It started on the thirty-first and is showing no real signs of ending .... I get the whole idea that sales drive additional income ... but at least quit being lazy and change the name of the event.

march madness followed by april showers ...