Runtime DNA content migration and download

Comments

• Andrew_C said:

What worries me is that when DAZ took over PoserPros back in the day they promised they would make all the content available on DAZ. Very little was migrated. Some vendors moved to RDNA or Renderosity or Content Paradise, but at IMO least half of the content was basically lost to posterity (some of it very nifty stuff too).

A lot of content moved to Daz, in the form of the ArtZone store, but never all of it nor do I recall its being stated that all would move. The PoserPro downloads I think remained active for a while, and then Guarie was able to do manual resets for a period after that.

I specifically asked about my contenet purchases from Poser Pro back then and was told by Daz that all of my purchases would remain available to me through my Daz account a few were and still are but over 90% were lost

Again, while I realize there is frustration, it was a completely different management back then.  I would at least wait till we see how things are handled.  There has been at least one merchant that has said they will not be bringing over all their products to Daz and that, I would imagine, would be up to the merchant.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2016
    jakiblue said:

are you seeing things already?? I haven't noticed anything as yet.  

Vaskania said:

How soon can we expect things to start showing up in our account? I noticed some items I purchased at RDNA already in the Daz store, but unavailable in my library. I know the purchase was already recognized as I had gotten a "thank you" store credit here for purchasing it there.

Looks like they may be starting to roll out. I woke up this morning and had the Render Studio bundle from the store here in my product library (I purchased them at RDNA). It's not showing up in DIM though even though my product library says its DIM ready. Store page here also reflects "Purchased" now.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410

Check you setting in DIM to make sure it isn't hiding it

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Ooooh, I can't wait till things I purchased start showing up :)

edited February 2016
    frank0314 said:

Check you setting in DIM to make sure it isn't hiding it

Nothing comes up even with every filter enabled. It's no biggie right now.

renderstudioDIM.PNG
    1501 x 761 - 49K
    renderstudioDIM2.PNG
    1099 x 549 - 70K
  • I'm sure I asked this in one of the other threads, but it seems to have gotten snowed under by all the other stuff going on. Is there (or will there be) a way to filter for the transferred RDNA items in the Product Library page, so we can find them easily? Will they go into the top of the listing as they appear, or be shuffled in at the time they were bought from RDNA (which in my case is anything up to several years ago)?

edited February 2016

I'm sure I asked this in one of the other threads, but it seems to have gotten snowed under by all the other stuff going on. Is there (or will there be) a way to filter for the transferred RDNA items in the Product Library page, so we can find them easily? Will they go into the top of the listing as they appear, or be shuffled in at the time they were bought from RDNA (which in my case is anything up to several years ago)?

I'm not sure if it'll stay this way, and certainly not an official statement, but the one product that's came over for me so far was at the top of the heap as if newly purchased.

• Quick question, older products that have the old rsr thumbs will those be updated?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

i checked my Product Library and had it set to "date purchased" but nothing yet. I'm wondering if perhaps it was only those two lights that have come across as they were offered in the store?

Also oddity.......set to date purchased and the first 9 products listed are things that I bought back in April 2014. (they were the three day at the beach bundle, inside the asylum bundle and another bundle) so I'm wondering why the heck they are sitting at the top as if htey are newley purchased.  

Vaskania said:

I'm sure I asked this in one of the other threads, but it seems to have gotten snowed under by all the other stuff going on. Is there (or will there be) a way to filter for the transferred RDNA items in the Product Library page, so we can find them easily? Will they go into the top of the listing as they appear, or be shuffled in at the time they were bought from RDNA (which in my case is anything up to several years ago)?

I'm not sure if it'll stay this way, and certainly not an official statement, but the one product that's came over for me so far was at the top of the heap as if newly purchased.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    jakiblue said:
    Also oddity.......set to date purchased and the first 9 products listed are things that I bought back in April 2014. (they were the three day at the beach bundle, inside the asylum bundle and another bundle) so I'm wondering why the heck they are sitting at the top as if htey are newley purchased. 

Same here. Very unusual; the only time I've seen anything like this before was when a handful of my very first DAZ purchases vanished from the list, and I needed to put in a support ticket to get them replaced. And I just noticed they're still dated April 2014. Weird.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I thought maybe they were there cos they had been updatd for Connect perhaps? 

But then that would mean other products that had been uppdated would be up there too adn they're not.  

jakiblue said:

Same here. Very unusual; the only time I've seen anything like this before was when a handful of my very first DAZ purchases vanished from the list, and I needed to put in a support ticket to get them replaced. And I just noticed they're still dated April 2014. Weird.

edited March 2016
    jakiblue said:

I'm wondering if perhaps it was only those two lights that have come across as they were offered in the store?

That's what I was thinking.

Also, I've also got that same oddity with the same products.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Quick question, older products that have the old rsr thumbs will those be updated?

I doubt it, as the older products here at Daz still have rsr ...

I love this little freeware: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=57197

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Kerya said:

Quick question, older products that have the old rsr thumbs will those be updated?

I doubt it, as the older products here at Daz still have rsr ...

I love this little freeware: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=57197

Thanks, Kerya, I misplaced that little gem and couldn't remember the name of it...

I second the motion of using it for rsr replacement.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I am always tempted to search for Dizzy - cause the shrugging man in Poser made me ...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090
    jakiblue said:

i checked my Product Library and had it set to "date purchased" but nothing yet. I'm wondering if perhaps it was only those two lights that have come across as they were offered in the store?

Vaskania said:

Yes, I have a few things at the top that were purchased in 2014 as well!  Very odd.

Dana

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Me too. I wondered why they were there.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2016
    DAZ_Steve said:
    • To make sure your downloads migrate to your account here, change your Runtime DNA email address to match your Daz one.  Then as product migrate they will just show up in your account (including free items, gifts, etc.)

That sounds good - so we expect to see individual RDNA items gradually appearing in our Product Library over the next month or thereabouts. With the original purchase date I assume?

What about the original RDNA orders - will they also show up in our Order History here at DAZ? I'd assume 'yes' for that too, and I'd assume they'll show up with the original RDNA order number and purchase date?

Will there be anything showing up in order/product history over at RDNA to indicate which items have already been successfully transferred to our corresponding DAZ account ?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    DAZ_Steve said:
    • To make sure your downloads migrate to your account here, change your Runtime DNA email address to match your Daz one.  Then as product migrate they will just show up in your account (including free items, gifts, etc.)

That sounds good - so we expect to see individual RDNA items gradually appearing in our Product Library over the next month or thereabouts. With the original purchase date I assume?

What about the original RDNA orders - will they also show up in our Order History here at DAZ? I'd assume 'yes' for that too, and I'd assume they'll show up with the original RDNA order number and purchase date?

Will there be anything showing up in order/product history over at RDNA to indicate which items have already been successfully transferred to our corresponding DAZ account ?

The products will show up in your account. The orders won't. If you want to keep records of your orders, you will want to download them from the RDNA site. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    DAZ_Jon said:

The products will show up in your account. The orders won't. If you want to keep records of your orders, you will want to download them from the RDNA site. 

Thanks for the tip — I'm one of the people who occasionally had items vanish from the Product Library list, and the orders (which I'm fairly sure have never glitched for me) are my only proof of purchase that I can put in a support ticket. And I don't have the e-mail confirmations any more for my earliest RDNA purchases.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,341
    edited March 2016
    DAZ_Jon said:

Thanks for the tip — I'm one of the people who occasionally had items vanish from the Product Library list, and the orders (which I'm fairly sure have never glitched for me) are my only proof of purchase that I can put in a support ticket. And I don't have the e-mail confirmations any more for my earliest RDNA purchases.

Me, too. I know at least one product that disappeared from my product list. I'm not sure if there are more. Although I wish there was, I don't know a good way to tell without trying to manually compare each of 100s of orders with my product list.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    I've got all my confirmation emails from my purchases saved in a special daz folder :)
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2016
    DAZ_Jon said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

Thanks. And the products will show up in our Product Library at DAZ with the original RDNA purchase date? Yes? No?

And I now assume that nothing will be shown in our accounts at RDNA regarding what has been successfully transferred to DAZ. Is that correct?

So it's a case of printing out a list of every item we've purchased from RDNA and ticking them off one-by-one as they pop up in our DAZ Product Library.

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    I've got all my confirmation emails from my purchases saved in a special daz folder :)

Someone else as paranoid as I am. :)

nicstt said:

I think I'm going to have to make spreadsheets or something though. I hadn't thought that things would dissapear from my product library :O

Guess I'll have to periodically go through and make sure I have everything I should

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    nicstt said:

I don't have them separated by folder, but I do have one folder for all 3D content confirmation e-mails. including several for now defunct sites.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    DanaTA said:
    jakiblue said:

Vaskania said:

Yes, I have a few things at the top that were purchased in 2014 as well!  Very odd.

Dana

I also have some older products that have moved in date purchased - I assumed it was because they have been added to the Daz Studio 4.9 Pro bundle - probably as new tutorial scenes or starter sets what ever daz are calling them these days

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982

Yell at me when the new stuff hits the store...need to check it against my story profile

to see if any needs to be on my wish list

I was going to start a thread to list RDNA products as they appeared in teh Daz store... Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131

When I try to change my account info on RuntimeDNA I' redirected to the DAZ registration page - http://www.daz3d.com/runtime-dna. There should be an option to sync on the page instead of registering since I I'm already registered at DAZ..