"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Comments

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    We're halfway through the month, and we only have seven entries so far? Oh, dear...

I'd enter ... if I could just find a moment to search for a few items and render Dr Who.
    It's practically the only TV I watch now.

There is a lot of Doctor Who items .. daleks, tardis inside and outside, sonic screwdriviers. .. Lemme provide you some links later :D
    Which doctor you would like to render assasin ?

As for the challenge.
    Since the change it is going different.. I thought even in June there was not so much entries as always...
    II think everyone has a lot of reasons. some do not watch TV ( I do not understand it, but I respect that :P), some have difficulty with the showcased freebie maker, and others just left the forums ...

Whatever the reason ... let's chase the negativity away from here, and start having fun :)
    And if you need I can accept 10 renders of Leia :P ( I know not a tv show... :P)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

so is it just me or did the post about me throwing pies disappear??? I thought I saw it this morning but now it's gone... oh well I have pies ready and waiting...

my two cents on the subject of less renders this month is that some months are slower than others, I think people are maybe going elsewhere because now that DAZ isn't giving us GC's to give out, they are looking elsewhere for contests that are. Some people it's all about the money when they render. We are one of the few contests out there that aren't getting any love from the site we are at. Even the new users contest is being given GC's from DAZ and since the change over to the new site we have been swept under the rug by DAZ. Heck, they even took our sticky away too. many were getting used to having GC's (and it must have boosted sales for them as well), and most of us who host can't afford to offer GC's to the winners. We are left hoping to find someone to donate (which is always a nice gift, please don't take it wrong those who donate because what you give is wonderful) but still, most contests are sponsored by the site they are on and this one for some reason DAZ has decided we can have it but that's as far as they will go. I mean NO offense to anyone by what I say, just my opinion on it. Sept is usually slow because of all the back to school stuff going on, and I think when we had all those complainers (and my and others bitching back) that we lost alot of people. I for one have just felt sort of eh... lately and I know that alot of us that have been trying to keep things going here feel the same way. It will pass I hope, I am still having trouble getting things back in my runtime folders, for some reason my winzip won't let me extract the way it used to and I am going to have to do it all by hand now, got my dad coming to visit in a few days (haven't had him come to visit for many years, a very long story for sure) but I have put my poser issues all on hold to focus on other things now. I think the theme is fine, we did the same one a few years back, so I don't think that is an issue, the whole thing about featuring someone each month can make it more difficult, but that is also challenging too, and that is fun. anyway I will shut up now and crawl back into my hole. before I do I will post an NAE from the month we did the TV theme. It was Honey West and her ocelot.

honey_west2.jpg
    704 x 581 - 111K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

MUSIC: Going back a couple of pages here, that pile of dirt is actually the surface of the cafe stage. Stood out like a sore thumb for me, too, but this was a WIP, nipped in the bud when my hard drive died -- which is the reason I haven't entered here yet -- reloading DS4, then reloading DS3 cause I still don't like DS4, then reloading all the content, then realising that neither DS would reload my saved WIP scenes ... I could go on.

ASSASSIN: Yeah, girl, there's Daleks all over the place. Kinda scary!

CHALLENGE REQUIREMENT: Consensus so far is tending toward abandoning the required-modelmaker idea, and if that's the final decision, I understand. I'm willing to plod on with it, but then my goofy style lets me throw any old object into the picture.

ARCHIVE: It would indeed be nice to have a library of winners. I too have all of my entries with the freebie lists since October 2009 -- and at least two of them won!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    ....before I do I will post an NAE from the month we did the TV theme. It was Honey West and her ocelot.

Good ol' Honey West! Good grief!! It even looks like her!! Amazing!

edited December 1969

Honey West was a babe. Ann Francis, right?

Paging Chohole: MrSparky's Mod Axe is among the freebies recently added (or made free) at Poser Direct.

Promo is Sparky's, with my 2 pre-crash renders ...

ModAxe-Cho.png
    792 x 800 - 417K
    ModAxe_02.png
    1121 x 823 - 381K
    ModAxe_01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 137K
    edited December 1969

that's cool dorsey... and it even looks like cho's picture. yes that was Anne Francis that played Honey West, one of my favorite shows back then, I worked really hard to try to make the render look like her, even put the mole on her face too, although you can't really see it without enlarging it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Jeeperz, as I understand it GCs are not working at all right now, you can't even buy one.

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited September 2012

OK, I've modified the gallery software a bit. I'll see if I can come up with acceptable "Award Ribbons" to attach to the images.

In case you folks don't know, there is a comment facility in the gallery to allow for commenting on entries (Please be nice, mods are watching). I can also activate a "rating" facility.

Finally, I'm in the process of building a new server for hosting the gallery. When the new server goes live it'll have a few more options available.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Jeeperz, as I understand it GCs are not working at all right now, you can't even buy one.

Dana

yeah I heard that too, I actually got my $5 one for the mini in Dec before they had trouble, it was a pain because now you have to put a name and everything on it, not like before, but still, DAZ never stepped up and offered us them for our winners like they are in the new user forum contest.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

yeah I heard that too, I actually got my $5 one for the mini in Dec before they had trouble, it was a pain because now you have to put a name and everything on it, not like before, but still, DAZ never stepped up and offered us them for our winners like they are in the new user forum contest.

Actually they did! They just stopped since the new store software went up. for a few months before that they were giving GCs to the winners. I think it just started this year, but I'm a little foggy on time things...it's all a blur to me...but I think they started just a short while before the new store software went live.

Dana

edited December 1969

I'm not sure when it was but I know that last Dec they were offering them cuz I hosted Dec and gave music the e-mail addies for the winners, I think it's been close to a year when they started doing that for our contest. But since the change over they haven't been doing it for our contest but I know they have for the new users contest since the change over

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I for one want to see a gallery dedicated to "Da Real Man" He really needs his own Gallery. imo.

Jeeperz, please note New Users are the only peeps who get a truly sponsored contest at the mo and if you notice there is no prize money stated, they get peanuts, honestly,

And as Dana says, at the moment you can't even buy a gift cert, not for love, nor money. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7084/

The problem with this contest is really the problem about the change from vouchers to coupons. We were never given GCs for this contest, only vouchers, and now there are no vouchers, and coupons work differently, and are not available to use as prizes. Notice there have been no Official PA contests since before the Changeover either.

As to the Sticky thread, that was only done while the forums weren't bumping threads properly. We have always kept this contest on the front page by sheer weight of postings, and the sense of fun that kept it popular.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Honey West was a babe. Ann Francis, right?

Paging Chohole: MrSparky's Mod Axe is among the freebies recently added (or made free) at Poser Direct.

Promo is Sparky's, with my 2 pre-crash renders ...

I ordered one of those Mod Axes before he ever released it. Looks way more fun that a club.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited September 2012

With respect to the old "Vouchers" that used to be given...

The new store does not support "vouchers" in the same way as DAZ did them before. GC's are unlimited in use, and therefore can be used on items, and in ways, that can be undesirable. There are reasons for why DAZ doesn't want to use GC's as they did the old vouchers, but as every other post where I delve into it I get into trouble, please just trust me on this.

Now, while I like the idea of the "Voucher" in general, I felt that it added a bit of cut-throat to the challenge, as well as some hard feelings when folks didn't win when they felt they should have.

I have a suggestion for getting back to "prizes" but without adding the "monetary aspect." How about we ask DAZ to donate 5 DO items for each contest. The 1st place winner gets to choose from the items first, then the 2nd place, then 3rd. The HM's would then get a random chance at each of the remaining prizes. Or have DAZ put together a "selection" of DO items for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd where those winners can choose from the selection pool. The HM's would be issued consolation prizes selected at DAZ's discretion. In this way, there are prizes, but no "money." EDIT: Clarification on this last: For the 1st place there could be 3 $19.99 items, and the winner selects 1. For 2nd place 3 $15.00 items, select 1. For 3rd 3 $9.99 items, select 1. The HM's would each get an item (the same item) issued at DAZ's discretion.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Title: An Audience with Princess Ardala
    Software: DAZ Studio 4.5.
    Poset work: Fixed one poke through and added signature.
    This render is based upon a show made in the late 70's, early 80's. Can you guess?

Freebies:

Ardala: Base * Victoria 3.0 Base by DAZ 3D. Link to free version: http://download.cnet.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10579249.html
    Ardala: Base: Texture * Free V3 Base Set by Ecstasy.
    Ardala: Dress: Belt * '60s Chain Belt by EnglishBob.
    Ardala: Dress: Bodice Chain Lady Anne by Jan19. on the left side of the page
    Ardala: Dress: Bracers Cape * V4 Warrior outfit by svdl. This goes to RapidShare
    Ardala: Dress: Collar * OP Collar by A. Gunsolley.
    Ardala: Dress: Jewelry: Crown Dharmilia V3 by Dreampaint. 2nd Row, 2nd Column
    Ardala: Dress: Jewelry: Rings * Vuclan Rings by mylochka.
    Ardala: Dress: Lion Cloth Hip Cloth 2 for Victoria 3 by aerysoul. 13 row first column
    Ardala: Dress: Pants * V4 Steel Cuffs by boeserben.
    Ardala: Dress: Pants * V2 Fantasy Dancer by Traveler.
    Ardala: Dress: Shoes * Roman Style Sandals for V4 by JoEtzold.
    Ardala: Dress: Shoulder Guards * V3-Warrior Character+outfit by A::DP.
    Ardala: Dress: Top * Temple Priestess by Traveler.
    Ardala: Hair Queen Headdress by oro_snake English Bob. 2nd one down
    Ardala: Pet Poseable Chain 2 by TrekkieGrrrl.
    Ardala: Pet * Mech 1258 robot dog dinosaur by Simon-3D.

Buck: Base: Body Morph Texture * Male Order for M4 by LA3D.
    Buck: Base: Head Morph * Anakin for M4 base by akibabe2010.
    Buck: Hair All Back Style by Digital Babes (Kozaburo). Mouse over right side of pick for Download link. 2 item down
    Buck: Uniform: Boots * M4 Mach 2 Free Bodysuit by joequick.
    Buck: Uniform: Coat * M4 Leather Coat by Glitterati3D. Remapped coat in DAZ4.5
    Buck: Uniform: Hat Forage Cap by PhilC. 17th row 1 column Required freebie
    Buck: Uniform: Sash Epic Clothing Library Vol 02 by Anton Kisiel.

Environment: Lighting InaneGlory's Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
    Environment: Sky * Sky Dome by glaseye.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.
    Environment: Structure * Caprinia Pavilion by McGyve.
    Environment: Tree Atlas Cedar by xfrog.

Shader: Ardalla Clothing * Shader Pack 1 for Daz|Studio 3 by Groovemaster.
    Shader: Buck Clothing Tweed Shader by Fisty.
    Shader: Floor * Super Shine TopCoat by Marianne
    Shader: Metals * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.

No Count:

{Nolonger available}
    Environment: Pot * Garden Corner by Marforno Diane & Abraham. Old DAZ freebie offerings
    Ardala: Base: Ears * Pretty Little Ears For Victoria 3 and Stephanie 3 by DAZ3D. Old DAZ freebie offerings

{Base Figures}
    Buck: Base * Michael 4 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.
    Buck: Base * Michael 4 Base by DAZ 3D.

Paid For:

Ardala: Base Dazzling Gaze by TiffT785.
    Ardala: Base Power Beauties by TiffT785.
    Ardala: Base Victoria 3.0 Head & Body Morphs by DAZ3D.

* indicates Registration is required.
    Lonnie

AnAudiencewithPrincessArdala-small.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 936K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    This render is based upon a show made in the late 70's, early 80's. Can you guess?

Lonnie

Funnily enough; I was looking at the Wkipedia entry for this show (was planning on doing a render from the earlier series).

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Dollygirl said:

Lonnie

Funnily enough; I was looking at the Wkipedia entry for this show (was planning on doing a render from the earlier series).

Then don't let me hold you back the more the merrier!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited September 2012

I have no idea what show that is Dollygirl!!!!

I think the contest is going pretty much as usual for Sept. I am just glad we are still going. The site change over did have an effect on it. Folks were getting quite fond of winning those store vouchers (which took me three years of begging to get!), and when they took them away from us without any warning, that just ticked folks off real bad, like a slap in the face kinda! I, however, appreciated any they gave us. Some new folks came in and left quickly, why? I do not know, but some didn't like my rules...lol. More come in though so that's ok. I also think that DS4 has a lot to do with it. It has an entirely different feel than the DS versions before. I like the way clothes just snap to a fit on Genesis, but I hate the interface because the viewport is so small with the other windows open needed. Also I hate the pan and rotate buttons on the vieport, they really suck big. Then just when I start getiing it to all work, they upgrade to a 4.5 that gives 4.0 stuff a whirl...WHAT? That just pushed it all over the cliff. I still use my DS3, it is just so easy to use. I am sure with time, it will become very obsolete like 2.8 became, which I loved.

With all this, and folks working harder, worrying more about the economy, and the real life game, THIS is what I see is happening.

ok...as for the "required" freebie of the month. When I introduced it, it was a very beta idea. With some testing, it seems that it is inhibiting some from wanting to enter. Many take much pride in their work, and this can just screw up a good render. I don't want to have anything that makes the challenge any more difficult than it already is, with all the changes we have experienced here in the last year, so...I will say, lets go back to the way it was before, and we will "retire" the required freebie idea for now, starting next month with the "MMHB". I am fine with that. We may experiment with some ideas as the challenge goes along. Some will be good, some will not, but unless YOU FOLKS comment on it, I will never know how it is doing. Thanks to LG, J and KS for their honest input on this. This is what we need up in here to get things working good together.

Cho...that new club would just pulverize and grind the S$%T out of folks....good call Dorsey!

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Well his name is Buck, Buck Rogers.

What were you doing in '79? Me I was in my 2nd year of college. Getting my bottom kicked because I made the stupid mistake of going from a Liberal Arts Degree at the Community College to an Engineering degree at the University. What was I thinking but it paid off. I had a demon for a Calculus Prof, to this day I still remember his smile. OOOOhhh wicked. :gulp:

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    What were you doing in '79?

Drugs.

Nothing to be proud about, but it got all the calculus out of my system.

Dollygirl, is that Mech Dog link no good or does my "new" computer not even want to TRY going to Renderosity anymore? (Not that I could get it there even if the link works.)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=20544_n5E58swdUmYEsC9k26r7&thumb=1&board_id=1

Lonnie

I loved Buck Rogers in the 25th Century! The princess was always a favorite. Pam (the actress that played the Princess) was a bit more...umm...voluptuous. Very nice image, though!

Later Pamela Hensley was also in a show called Matt Houston, with Lee Horsley. I liked that show a lot, too.

Dana

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    BWSman said:
    Dollygirl said:

Lonnie

Then don't let me hold you back the more the merrier!

Reading the Wiki made me realize I was thinking of the wrong show. I may do a render about that one instead.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I for one want to see a gallery dedicated to "Da Real Man" He really needs his own Gallery. imo.

Jeeperz, please note New Users are the only peeps who get a truly sponsored contest at the mo and if you notice there is no prize money stated, they get peanuts, honestly,

And as Dana says, at the moment you can't even buy a gift cert, not for love, nor money. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7084/

The problem with this contest is really the problem about the change from vouchers to coupons. We were never given GCs for this contest, only vouchers, and now there are no vouchers, and coupons work differently, and are not available to use as prizes. Notice there have been no Official PA contests since before the Changeover either.

As to the Sticky thread, that was only done while the forums weren't bumping threads properly. We have always kept this contest on the front page by sheer weight of postings, and the sense of fun that kept it popular.

you're right cho it was voucher not GC's, my bad on that one. I'm glad to see that the TBA they talk about for the vouchers isn't very much in the new user forum, In some ways it makes me feel better that you said that. I was feeling no lovin from DAZ with our little contest and now I don't feel so bad.

edited December 1969

With respect to the old "Vouchers" that used to be given...

The new store does not support "vouchers" in the same way as DAZ did them before. GC's are unlimited in use, and therefore can be used on items, and in ways, that can be undesirable. There are reasons for why DAZ doesn't want to use GC's as they did the old vouchers, but as every other post where I delve into it I get into trouble, please just trust me on this.

Now, while I like the idea of the "Voucher" in general, I felt that it added a bit of cut-throat to the challenge, as well as some hard feelings when folks didn't win when they felt they should have.

I have a suggestion for getting back to "prizes" but without adding the "monetary aspect." How about we ask DAZ to donate 5 DO items for each contest. The 1st place winner gets to choose from the items first, then the 2nd place, then 3rd. The HM's would then get a random chance at each of the remaining prizes. Or have DAZ put together a "selection" of DO items for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd where those winners can choose from the selection pool. The HM's would be issued consolation prizes selected at DAZ's discretion. In this way, there are prizes, but no "money." EDIT: Clarification on this last: For the 1st place there could be 3 $19.99 items, and the winner selects 1. For 2nd place 3 $15.00 items, select 1. For 3rd 3 $9.99 items, select 1. The HM's would each get an item (the same item) issued at DAZ's discretion.

Kendall

I like your idea Kendall, maybe when things settle down @ DAZ they will do something like that for us. hopefully it doesn't take music another 3 years to work his magic to get something like that for us.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Freebies:

Ardala: Base * Victoria 3.0 Base by DAZ 3D. Link to free version: http://download.cnet.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10579249.html
    Ardala: Base: Texture * Free V3 Base Set by Ecstasy.
    Ardala: Dress: Belt * '60s Chain Belt by EnglishBob.
    Ardala: Dress: Bodice Chain Lady Anne by Jan19. on the left side of the page
    Ardala: Dress: Bracers Cape * V4 Warrior outfit by svdl. This goes to RapidShare
    Ardala: Dress: Collar * OP Collar by A. Gunsolley.
    Ardala: Dress: Jewelry: Crown Dharmilia V3 by Dreampaint. 2nd Row, 2nd Column
    Ardala: Dress: Jewelry: Rings * Vuclan Rings by mylochka.
    Ardala: Dress: Lion Cloth Hip Cloth 2 for Victoria 3 by aerysoul. 13 row first column
    Ardala: Dress: Pants * V4 Steel Cuffs by boeserben.
    Ardala: Dress: Pants * V2 Fantasy Dancer by Traveler.
    Ardala: Dress: Shoes * Roman Style Sandals for V4 by JoEtzold.
    Ardala: Dress: Shoulder Guards * V3-Warrior Character+outfit by A::DP.
    Ardala: Dress: Top * Temple Priestess by Traveler.
    Ardala: Hair Queen Headdress by oro_snake English Bob. 2nd one down
    Ardala: Pet Poseable Chain 2 by TrekkieGrrrl.
    Ardala: Pet * Mech 1258 robot dog dinosaur by Simon-3D.

Buck: Base: Body Morph Texture * Male Order for M4 by LA3D.
    Buck: Base: Head Morph * Anakin for M4 base by akibabe2010.
    Buck: Hair All Back Style by Digital Babes (Kozaburo). Mouse over right side of pick for Download link. 2 item down
    Buck: Uniform: Boots * M4 Mach 2 Free Bodysuit by joequick.
    Buck: Uniform: Coat * M4 Leather Coat by Glitterati3D. Remapped coat in DAZ4.5
    Buck: Uniform: Hat Forage Cap by PhilC. 17th row 1 column Required freebie
    Buck: Uniform: Sash Epic Clothing Library Vol 02 by Anton Kisiel.

Environment: Lighting InaneGlory's Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
    Environment: Sky * Sky Dome by glaseye.
    Environment: Sky * Skydome Expansion 1 by glaseye.
    Environment: Structure * Caprinia Pavilion by McGyve.
    Environment: Tree Atlas Cedar by xfrog.

Shader: Ardalla Clothing * Shader Pack 1 for Daz|Studio 3 by Groovemaster.
    Shader: Buck Clothing Tweed Shader by Fisty.
    Shader: Floor * Super Shine TopCoat by Marianne
    Shader: Metals * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.

No Count:

{Nolonger available}
    Environment: Pot * Garden Corner by Marforno Diane & Abraham. Old DAZ freebie offerings
    Ardala: Base: Ears * Pretty Little Ears For Victoria 3 and Stephanie 3 by DAZ3D. Old DAZ freebie offerings

{Base Figures}
    Buck: Base * Michael 4 Morphs++ by DAZ 3D.
    Buck: Base * Michael 4 Base by DAZ 3D.

Paid For:

Ardala: Base Dazzling Gaze by TiffT785.
    Ardala: Base Power Beauties by TiffT785.
    Ardala: Base Victoria 3.0 Head & Body Morphs by DAZ3D.

* indicates Registration is required.
    Lonnie

another stunning render from dollygirl. I'm glad you clarified which TV show your render came from, I couldn't figure it out either and now it makes sense.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I think the contest is going pretty much as usual for Sept. I am just glad we are still going. The site change over did have an effect on it. Folks were getting quite fond of winning those store vouchers (which took me three years of begging to get!), and when they took them away from us without any warning, that just ticked folks off real bad, like a slap in the face kinda! I, however, appreciated any they gave us. Some new folks came in and left quickly, why? I do not know, but some didn't like my rules...lol. More come in though so that's ok. I also think that DS4 has a lot to do with it. It has an entirely different feel than the DS versions before. I like the way clothes just snap to a fit on Genesis, but I hate the interface because the viewport is so small with the other windows open needed. Also I hate the pan and rotate buttons on the vieport, they really suck big. Then just when I start getiing it to all work, they upgrade to a 4.5 that gives 4.0 stuff a whirl...WHAT? That just pushed it all over the cliff. I still use my DS3, it is just so easy to use. I am sure with time, it will become very obsolete like 2.8 became, which I loved.

With all this, and folks working harder, worrying more about the economy, and the real life game, THIS is what I see is happening.

ok...as for the "required" freebie of the month. When I introduced it, it was a very beta idea. With some testing, it seems that it is inhibiting some from wanting to enter. Many take much pride in their work, and this can just screw up a good render. I don't want to have anything that makes the challenge any more difficult than it already is, with all the changes we have experienced here in the last year, so...I will say, lets go back to the way it was before, and we will "retire" the required freebie idea for now, starting next month with the "MMHB". I am fine with that. We may experiment with some ideas as the challenge goes along. Some will be good, some will not, but unless YOU FOLKS comment on it, I will never know how it is doing. Thanks to LG, J and KS for their honest input on this. This is what we need up in here to get things working good together.

Cho...that new club would just pulverize and grind the S$%T out of folks....good call Dorsey!

I do agree with your decision music. although I will miss the featured freebie, and was hoping you would be featured before you stopped it. After all... without you and all you've done for us and this contest with all the cool stuff you have made, this contest would not be the same. But I for one have found it a bit more difficult to come up with ideas when we are limited to a specific group of freebies from different people. But am good either way. And yes, Sept in the past is usually a slow month for renders.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Drugs.

You too? Wow, small world. Actually, I was doing the drugs and the drinking, dat's why I neva' finished col'edge. '74 to '85 was pretty much a murky blur for me...

None the less, Dollygirl! Buck Rogers? Really? I never would have guessed! That's a helluva render, by the way. Better than the show actually was! I was always a bigger Flash Gordon fan that I was of Buck Rogers, the original strips anyway. Just about every attempt to translate either one of them into live action, animation or (yuck) role-playing games failed miserably in my opinion. The 1980s were not exactly the highest point in television or film science fiction.

Music: I think you decision to place on hiatus the idea of a featured freebie provider is probably a good one. It wasn't that it was a bad idea, but maybe not strong enough to build a whole month's worth around. However, an option you may want to consider and put up for a vote among us (or however you'd like to couch it) is in any given month hold a mini-contest with a featured provider to create a single render related to the theme of the month. It might be worth a though or two.

And, to weight in on the whole gift certificate/voucher thing...whatever. I'm not worried about it myself. Like I keep saying over and over, I do it for fun and the occasional pat on the head. It's a great way to keep my old artistic skills in practice and just to remind myself that I've still got a little something left in me.

That being said, Kendall's idea of a DAZ prize pool dose have merit and is worth investigating...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Drugs.

Dollygirl, is that Mech Dog link no good or does my "new" computer not even want to TRY going to Renderosity anymore? (Not that I could get it there even if the link works.)

Dorsey it is your computer! You have not paid homage to the freebie God yet so he wont let you travel to Narvana!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Drugs.

If you haven't been to Rendo since you got your new computer you won't have an active cookie so maybe you need to sign into your account there to access Free Stuff?

edited December 1969

Thanks everybody
    Yes Dana Pam was one hot babe. She was so hot the TV Nazis were all in a dither.

Oh you guys and your drugs. I never had the nerve or the money or the desire to do any of that. Heck I didn't even smoke the legal stuff. Just a goodie two shoes, I am. But like 'da man I do like my beer!