Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• edited December 1969

Arrgghhhhhh!!! Why is Bluebird's Bright Loft Studio-only???

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

This PA Sale has gone to the birds.

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited September 2012

...a couple things...

First, great image, Szark! ...and thanks for posting it.

In my Freebies at SongbirdReMix.com, I've uploaded a couple treats...

For Songbird ReMix Ostrich owners, a browner version of the female Northern African and Southern Ostriches. This color variation is prefect for young females and juvenile ostriches of either sex. I also have an Mimic configuration file for the Ostriches for you animators.

For anyone who has the Songbird ReMix base model, I've also upload the fictional "Mockingjay" from the Hunger Games book series.

Here's a render of mine featuring the North African Ostriches...

HeadsUp.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 205K
    Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

...a couple things...

In my Freebies at SongbirdReMix.com, I've uploaded a couple treats...

For Songbird ReMix Ostrich owners, a browner version of the female Northern African and Southern Ostriches. This color variation is prefect for young females and juvenile ostriches of either sex. I also have an Mimic configuration file for the Ostriches for you animators.

For anyone who has the Songbird ReMix base model, I've also upload the fictional "Mockingjay" from the Hunger Games book series.

Here's a render of mine featuring the North African Ostriches...

excellent render love their expression !

edited December 1969

a couple more renders from my betatester, FlintHawk....

Desert_Stampede.jpg
    1800 x 1205 - 350K
    Vigilant_Ostrich.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 572K
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Ow ! Ken Gilliland on sale today! I've had to save my pennies because I just got the quote for peridontal work which shows insurance isn't going to pay very much of it. It's got to be done. The discounts are good today, but OMG it's uncomfortable. I hemmed and hawed over some other wishlist items, but I think I'll just have to get some birds today.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

So the Ostrich Sulky has a horse-fit, a cow-fit, but no velociraptor-fit? No dinosaur-fit of any kind?!? Ken, I'm deeply disappointed! ;-P

edited December 1969

So the Ostrich Sulky has a horse-fit, a cow-fit, but no velociraptor-fit? No dinosaur-fit of any kind?!? Ken, I'm deeply disappointed! ;-P

or a turkey fit for matter lol

I actually threw the cow and horse fits in as a whim at the last minute-- The Sulky did give me the opportunity to use some of that great Jack T Carnival content I acquired last spring as shown on the main promo.

I do have a YouTube video test of the sulky in action.

The ostrich did bring out some of my weird humor...

4wendy.JPG
    400 x 800 - 17K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

It isn't - see What's included "A Cozy Studio (.PZ3 and .OBJ) "

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

Richard, you are looking at the wrong product. Sean is asking about A Bright Loft, not A Cozy Studio. A Bright Loft says in includes only DAZ files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Richard, you are looking at the wrong product. Sean is asking about A Bright Loft, not A Cozy Studio. A Bright Loft says in includes only DAZ files.

Ah, sorry.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

You could ask them, they might be willing to do an update. They have a thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8371/

• Flint_HawkFlint_Hawk Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Here are a couple more of my renders using Ken's marvelous new Ostriches!

Mists_Of_The_Kalahari.jpg
    600 x 464 - 65K
    Autum_Drive.jpg
    519 x 600 - 84K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Here are a couple more of my renders using Ken's marvelous new Ostriches!
    All I can say is Wow! Do you give lessons on how to create such beautiful renders?
  • Flint_HawkFlint_Hawk Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Pendraia. I'm glad you liked my art. Ken's birds are always a pleasure to work with.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

I got into trouble in Ken's store today but I always do LOL I have a bird thing :) Got the hummingbird and some others I had been waiting to get :)

Lots of very cool stuff on sale today and thanks to everyone who's posting the images of everything. Sometimes it really helps when I'm trying to decide what I wanna get so TY :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Pendraia. I'm glad you liked my art. Ken's birds are always a pleasure to work with.

I agree Ken's birds are beautiful...his birds and your render's together are just delightful!
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited September 2012

tsarist said:
    Hey Daz!

HolyForest
    HolyForest
    HolyForest
    HolyForest

Remember them for the sale!!!

Just curious, does the decision of whether or not to be part of the PA sale determined by Daz or the PA?

Post edited by Graze on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:
    tsarist said:
    Hey Daz!

HolyForest
    HolyForest
    HolyForest
    HolyForest

Remember them for the sale!!!

Just curious, does the decision of whether or not to be part of the PA sale determined by Daz or the PA?

The PA

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

What would you do for Day 27? Well... all we ask is that you enjoy!

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited September 2012

FILES SIZES?

Swam's store is on sale! One of my first purchases and one of my favorite vendors!

One of my criteria for buying hair styles has always been the file size, which is an indication of how complex a file is and how long it will take to render. There are so many wonderful styles to choose from, particularly from a vendor such as SWAM. Rendo shows each file, and Daz used to give the information as well. But not now. Lots of empty white space there.

I'm not going to play the buy-it, check-it return-it, or bug other community members for this basic info again.

When is DAZ going to bring back the information on file sizes? I may buy one or even two (Because it's SWAM!), but for the most part I'm sitting this sale out (as far as hairstyles) until the file size information comes back.

The rest of you, enjoy!

(And, Um Undrea take a look at Ken's shore bird pack. It's expensive, but there's a lot of detail and if you like birds, you won't 'egret it')

Yeah, I know, too early in the morning.

Ken, Flint's images on page 45 of this thread - the one's with the Ostrich and horses, and the one with the eggs - are pretty impressive. They have an almost Audubon / Remington feel about them. Thanks for posting.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2012

Szark said:
    Here is my effort using Ken Ostrich rendered in Vue. Love the model but not my image so much. it could be better...a lot better.

EDIT: This is the Massi morph and textures

This is freakin' awesome! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jasmine

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

...a couple things...

Thank you Ken and thank you for the Fenale/Juv update.
  • Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Anyone else notice Fisty's store is on sale? Can't see it mentioned anywhere, but everything 50% off at the moment.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited December 1969

YAY Its jack tomalin day!!! You can never have enuff happy building goodness! And I also love those braids. They are so cute!!

And LOL @ Ann... yeah, Ken's birds are just gorgeous and he does them so well, they look so lifelike.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Too late, too late - I have no money at all left, after I paid my rent yesterday. Perhaps next year.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

This sale is fantastic.
    Do I have a problem.... just sold off my dear little goat, Sally... God forgive me... but got more money for this sale.
    But one thing I especially regret was that during the day omnifreaker had his (her?) sale, I lost power due to a hurricane hitting here.
    Is there a catch-up day at the end of the sale when we can but missed items?
    Maybe I should hope there is not.... get Sally back from the pawn broker....... hmmmmmmmmmm....

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Ken Gilliland,

Your pics are wonderful, beautiful.
    Where did you get the background for the ostridge and horse pic?

edited December 1969

My backgrounds were done in Vue and used as Backing in Poser/DS-- but I'm guessing you are also asking about FlintHawk's images-- hopefully, she'll chime in here on that. I'm so lucky to have her as one of my testers :).

and a big Thank-you to everyone for the comments in this thread