Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
edited February 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Previous thread is here

Here's a render for Pam to start the new thread :)

I managed to do David’s latest Wings 3D tutorials, and here’s a quick render showing the geometry.

goodgeometry.jpg
800 x 500 - 36K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited September 2014

Hi

Thanks all for help with my problem with displacement. Here are some pictures i have render the last days.
    The first image is randomly created when I placed a light source in a bowl. The last picture is especially for Horo.

DiamondInHands1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 158K
    Art20.jpg
    500 x 500 - 200K
    Abstrakt1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 354K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

I managed to do David’s latest Wings 3D tutorials, and here’s a quick render showing the geometry.

Cool ! My experiments with Wings fail.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,025
    edited December 1969

Roland4

I like your objects, very real looking.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Pam, the link to the previous thread just takes you back to this one. :)

Here's my first one for Part 8

FencedIn.jpg
    844 x 1300 - 272K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited September 2014

@mermaid010 - nice Wings3D shapes.

@Roland4 - abstract looks interesting. The shape is beautiful and thank you for the awesome ruby. It will be helpful if I'm gonna look for a bride :lol:

@Dave - yes, this makes sense, the fence is indeed a bit small. Cool idea, as usual and nicely done.

I've been fiddling adding some water that runs off this eroded terrain but after all the labour, I decided the result is rubbish. I think the second one is better even if it is wrong in its dryness.

Eroded-Evening.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 243K
    ErodedEveningWater.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 244K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Pam, the link to the previous thread just takes you back to this one. :)

Oops. perhaps I was trying for an infinite loop, or maybe even a mobius strip. :red:

edited December 1969

Horo

I don't know about water but it looks like late winter snow caught in the crevices.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:

Cool ! My experiments with Wings fail.

Thanks, You are making such cool objects in Blender and Hexagon, I wish I were in your shoes. The Abstract is lovely too.

Dave- another great render.

Horo - Thank, both the landscapes are lovely, but the 1st is my fav.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited September 2014

Previous thread is here

While Horo makes amazing landscapes I've become quietly obsessed with weird little shapes. Nice to see I'm not alone.

Wings 3D experiment - bad geometry remade better(ish) - by David Brinnen

Edit.

After seeing Horo's comment in the gallery I decided to do another render with the broken/bad geometry to exploit this issues. Here with the gigantic wide angle lens from the Lenses and filters set plus one of Horo's HDRI supplying specular and enhanced by a hypertexture effect, placed inside a mirrored box... some chaos that looks rather interesting.

Bad_geometry2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Bad_geometry_remade_better1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 79K
    Bad_geometry1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 116K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited September 2014

New thread is off to a great start. awesome renders.

Still playing around with Houdini, figured out how to export 1 frame of a Fluid sim as polygon geometry that Bryce would recognize..

still working on textures for the water, and there are some artifacts, I should probably try smoothing.

canyon-water.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Nice Wings objects, I've yet to try the center and right ones.

@Roland: Those three new images are terrific, especially the center one. Material on that one is spot on for the shape.

@Dave: Your shower image is great, as is the newer one.

@Horo: Like mermaid, I like both of those images, though leaving the white on the first is as Sandy said, snow still on the mountain.

@David: Nice video and shape. I thought of a mirrored box while watching that video.

@Rareth: Terrain in that image is very nice. Hope you get the water ironed out cause it's going to fit in well with the terrain.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    New thread is off to a great start. awesome renders.

Still playing around with Houdini, figured out how to export 1 frame of a Fluid sim as polygon geometry that Bryce would recognize..

still working on textures for the water, and there are some artifacts, I should probably try smoothing.

Impressive! This is an interesting idea and direction to go in.

Jamie, thank you.

Here's a reprise of this topic Make an additive background image for example scene 1 version 2 - by David Brinnen

For reasons of well... you'll see.

P60_example_scene1v2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 159K
    edited September 2014

Thanks all for compliments. All pictures i see are Cool and very interesting. Here are some new images i make the last two days and saved it to a stick that i can upload it in a Internet cafe.

Art27.jpg
    500 x 500 - 95K
    Art26.jpg
    500 x 500 - 114K
    Art23.jpg
    500 x 500 - 141K
    edited September 2014

@Sandy - yes, that's the problem: the water looks like old snow.

@mermaid010 - thank you (even though you prefer the wrong one) ... ;-)

@David - the shape presented in the second images looks very good and the 3rd abstract reminds me of an owl. The first image has an extraordinary quality to it and I think the high contrast outline is responsible. I somehow don't like the interrupted lines (like anti-aliased with a low setting) but I'm really not sure whether a perfect outline would be an improvement. Perfection is nice but sometimes, a bit of imperfection may be an improvement.

@Rareth - looks promising.

@Jamie - thank you, that the water looks like snow is what bugs me.

@Roland4 - you're doing nice object work.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, yes almost on the lines of "feature not bug".

Here's another space related video Digging deeper into the DTE with example scene 4 - by David Brinnen

P60_example_scene4b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 157K
    P60_example_scene4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Houdini does a great job with fluid simulations. The issue I am running into is one of scale, to make the water look more realistic (for a canyon scene, I need to scale everything in Houdini to near real size. doing that eats up my computers Ram in no time flat. I may have to shelve the white water through a canyon and do things like splashing water in a glass.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

well i had a bit of fun today with bryce, this was my favorite of many renders...so i thought i would share :)

Snake_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 343K
    edited December 1969

well i had a bit of fun today with bryce, this was my favorite of many renders...so i thought i would share :)

Wow, that turned out very well.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Hi all;
    I have certainly enjoyed everyones images and got a good laugh out of Savage's "Bigger Fence" image.

Finally got around to loading DS 4.6, Genesis 2 and bought some outfits/hair stuff for G2.

This scene was just fiddeling with the new stuff. To get the g2 figure to load properly, I had to export from DS, into Modo (re-topology to fix the suit "poke through"), then exported to B6.3 (because neither B7.1 or DS could find the image textures and then saved for B7.1 (whew!).

The swimsuit is by Mindvision and the hair by Out Of Touch (two of my favorite content creators).
    The building is from Stonemason.
    Backdrop and IBL from Horo's Deep Space HDRI set.

Render time about 4 hours at Normal AA.

Thanks for looking!

solitude_plane.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 154K
    edited September 2014

dan whiteside

A nice render, just one quirk. Her leg has sunk into her knee ;-)

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Even though the water looking like snow bugs you, it actually fits with the overall look of that terrain.

@Roland: Those new objects are really good.

@David: By any chance do you remember the movie 2001, and the space station? The new video is really great, loaded with lots of information. And those two images are very nice.

@Tim Bateman: My first thought of that snake image was it's a real nice photo, because that's what it actually looks like. That is an awesome image.

@Dan: Nice work, except for what Sandy mentioned. Wasn't there a character called Elastic something years ago?:cheese:

edited December 1969

@Tim - incredible render, i took it for a photograph.

@Dan - excellent render, great composition, colour choices superb. You've mastered how to bring in G2 ladies, she looks really very good here. I haven't noticed the oddity with the legs before Fishtales mentioned it. Composition obviously fascinated me too much to look for details.

Here's the second render (actually the third) I made with the eroded terrain. Here in the morning, the night had washed the dark clouds away and the sun came up on the other side.

Eroded-Morning.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 260K
    edited December 1969

@Tim, the snake render is wonderful. Great subject, nice lighting. Photographic.

@Dan, nice to see the Deep Space HDRI in use. But my main purpose on commenting is that your image has prompted an email from the lesser spotted Pumeco. With a message to convey to you. That you should be congratulated for the hottest Bryce render ever and that you should keep up the good work. I am also required to call you an "Old Dog" and post a thumbs-up smiley - er... hmn.... I think Len must be testing me here, since I don't see a thumbs up in the list. So just imagine that if you will. Anyway, well done Dan!

@Jamie, yes but any resemblance to real people and places is purely co-incidental. I don't want to have to make the video a third time!

@Horo. Outstanding. The foreground area with the greenery and rocks sticking through the sandy soil is particularly compelling. The curvature filtering and the fine landscape details are working together brilliantly.

edited September 2014

A few more pictures. The last is back for Horo (I know he love gems).

Art32c.jpg
    500 x 500 - 97K
    Felge.jpg
    500 x 500 - 127K
    Art31.jpg
    500 x 500 - 122K
    Art30.jpg
    500 x 500 - 186K
    Art28.jpg
    500 x 500 - 92K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Wow...this thread moves fast.

Below: "Why red, because it goes with my dress, of course."

Jay

RedLadyCar.jpg
    1200 x 837 - 857K
    edited December 1969

Mermaid: Great shapes... Take a portion of the middle one and make a little windmill like you see in people's gardens or stuck in sand castles :D

Cool snake Tim... very much like a photograph.... perfect texture and matching lighting.

Dan: Nice, I rarely put people in my renders because it's such a phaff... Well done. The leg issue is a tricky one because I see that if the legs didn't overlap so much, the right leg would be way too high because the flesh of the back of the leg doesn't squash like in real life. I think you've got a good compromise.

Horo: Excellent as ever, your terrains are certainly very well made and detailed and your use of materials and lighting is spot on.

Roland: I'm enjoying following your experiments with shapes modelled in other applications... From the latest batch I especially like the top one... great flowing shape well proportioned.

Jay: Great material on that dress (and I presume on the car too) and the finishing touch of the exhaust smoke is great.

I've been playing more with stacked terrain materials on a terrain I generated in Bryce and I've done this series of four on the same scene.
    These are quite big renders and only took just over an hour each.

4Seasons.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 422K
    WaterTowerFrost.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 465K
    WaterTowerSnow.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 324K
    WaterTowerGreen.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 526K
    WaterTowerALT.jpg
    1800 x 1300 - 519K
    edited December 1969

Quick experiments Wings 3D - further experiments with bad geometry - by David Brinnen

Nice work following Horo's more serious and useful video Dave!

More_bad_geometry1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 356K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2014

Cheers, Savage...and yeah dress is super-reflective, super associative (but think hair clashes with the background leading to confusion). Nice terrains-mixture, too, by yourself...so much acheivable through this process, I'll presume?

Horo (and of course David)...
    phew...those terrains are defintely worth investing in.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Cheers, Savage...and yeah dress is super-reflective, super associative (but think hair clashes with the background leading to confusion). Nice terrains-mixture, too, by yourself...so much acheivable through this process, I'll presume?

It certainly allows a lot of differentiation across a single landscape. With all the 4 channels in the Mat Lab and three in the DTE for each material then having three terrains stacked, the ability to create variation is limitless... It's very engaging and fun to play around with.
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

thought i would share today's wip...im really happy with this because it only took me about 30 minute's to set up and another 12 to render :)

Dead_Forrest.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 322K
This discussion has been closed.