BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Spring Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ☼♪♫♪☼ SPRINGTIME ☼♪♫♪☼

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

yellow pen: really neat idea...like the colors on the wings very much

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,151
    edited December 1969

My second entry. The scene consists of one Bryce tree, one radial, two EWLs and a light probe.

Title: Spring Machine
    Commercial Product: Bryce 7.1 Pro Lenses and Filters
    Free Product: "blue_white_probe" by Dan Whiteside

SpringMachine.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 377K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,023
    edited December 1969

Beautiful renders by everyone, Spring with its many faces. :)

Jay any cool flower objects for sale in your spring sale ;)

In the meantime, here’s my first entry an abstract

Spring Colors

SpringColors.jpg
    600 x 600 - 43K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: That's a very interesting scene. Colors are wonderful.

@mermaid: Like what you've done in that image. Really like your choice of colors.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Mermaid...love the colours...defintely a 'sign' of spring...the abstract is a way to go.

Jay

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very "springy" colours. Makes one happy just to look at it.

@GussNemo - thank you.

edited December 1969

Horo: I really think this one is cool and really nice colors!!
    mermaid: love your abstract!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2014

Not An Entry, as I did this for the March Madness render thread, but it is an image of Hares playing Spring-y games, so thought I could post it here as well.

Mad as March Hares.

Mad_as_March_Hsres.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 692K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Pam: Rabbits look just like what I see along the road when going to town. Only ours are more gray molted. They're hares, but people only call them Jack Rabbits. Very nice render.

edited March 2014

Nice one, Chohole, and, yes, have seen this dance (mating ritual..etc.,) at one time, which is so funny.

Whilst climbing my local, highest mountain recently, I came across a rabbit who stopped two/three metres away from me - staring, as I peed at the time (sorrry, for that image, but you tend to do that when you've been up a high mountain for a long time). However, I noticed that the so-called rabbit wasn't really a rabbit at all, but more a hare as it had slight black tips to the end of its ears.

Hares, I found (read) out afterwards, tend to live on higher, terrain/ground (not always, mind), while rabbits don't give a damn where they...'hop' around on. Came across a rabbit once with 'Myxo' (Myxomatosis') - wow, so horrible a virus...couldn't do anything for the poor guy. Glad, really, as I hate interfering with nature...you just don't know if you're doing good or bad at times in such occasions.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,023
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss, Jay, Horo and Trish

Pam – lovely render

edited December 1969

@Pam - nicely done.

edited March 2014

Jamahoney said:
    *snipped* Came across a rabbit once with 'Myxo' (Myxomatosis') - wow, so horrible a virus...couldn't do anything for the poor guy. Glad, really, as I hate interfering with nature...you just don't know if you're doing good or bad at times in such occasions.

Jay

Before we had the Border terriers I had a Collie bitch. Despite never having had pups herself she would adopt all the young creatures around the Chohole patch and "guard" them,
    If we went for a walk on the golf course she would round up all the rabbits and herd then into their burrows.. She came across one with mixie once, which wouldn't move. She was so upset, she kept running from the rabbit to us and back to the rabbit, nudging it, trying to get it to go home. Then she cried because it wouldn't move.
    Luckily himself is quite versed in putting rabbits down quickly and as painlessly as possible, being a ferreter, so I took Rhona away while he put the little fellow out of it's misery and hid it from her.
    Mixie is a terrible thing for rabbits to get, and the game keepers in the park where we lived did routinely despatch any they found, to try and stop it spreading. If the rabbits needed culling they would either take their own dogs out and shoot the rabbits, or would ask himself to take the ferrets out. A much kinder way of keeping them in check.

edited December 1969

Pam: What is mixie ??? I googled it but could not come up with what it was??? Trish

edited December 1969

Pam: What is mixie ??? I googled it but could not come up with what it was??? Trish

Myxomatosis (sometimes shortened to "myxo" or "myxy") is a disease that affects rabbits and is caused by the myxoma virus.

What happened was it was introduced as a way of controlling rabbit populations in several countries, Someone thought it would be a good idea, but it got somewhat out of hand.

edited March 2014

How sad the pictures were horrible.....poor little Easter bunny's

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

WIP.... Picture... ok all I need help with this I love the sky but....unless I use Bryce cola for the water it does not look like water...and now it looks like muddy water.....any and all help appreciated....I am about tired of this picture been working on it for 3 days......Trish

WIP1a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    edited December 1969

@Trish - that's going to become a nice picture. Have you set water to transparent and refraction for water? If so, the sky is most probably responsible for the colour.

edited March 2014

Horo: here it is with a different water....which does not look like water......I didn't render it all the way out...maybe I should just change my sky...I don't know yet can not figure it out...what to do....I really like the sky but if I can't fix the water......so I should kill the transparency???

new_begining3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Trish on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

In the real world, a nice blue ocean/lake usually exists because it is reflecting a nice blue sky. That's why the ocean always looks dull and kind of grey on a completely overcast day, and super blue on a sunny day. You could do a quick test to verify that is the issue by making a COPY of your scene, putting a blue sky in, and doing a tiny spot render strip across the width of the water.

However, Bryce is not the real world, and while I don't know the solution myself, I'll bet there might be a way to fake it without having to change the sky you like.

edited March 2014

To be honest Trish, the back part of your water and the reflections it is picking up, combined with the terrain mat you have is giving me the impression of a gentle waterfall cascading down the terrain into the water. It may be just me seeing it that way, but with the amount of rainfall we have had over here this winter it does look quite realistic.

edited December 1969

Pam: I like your idea best....it is the easy way.....LOL

edited December 1969

@Trish - I can't see what Pam sees, I'm afraid. Sean is completely right, of course. However, art must not necessarily follow nature. If you don't want to part with the sky, remove Reflection, set Refraction lower, perhaps change the transparent color and introduce a bit of blue Diffuse.

edited March 2014

Horo: Thank you I will give that a try...appreciate it....Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited March 2014

This is where I see it as coming down the terrain and merging into the lake or whatever

Maybe it is because I live in the land of waterfalls, and see all sorts of different effects from them.

new_begining3.jpg
    600 x 299 - 137K
    edited March 2014

@Trish: I agree with Horo about that going to be a nice scene when completed.

I finally put something together that's keeping with the title of this challenge. This image was the first thought that went through my impish mind when I saw the title of this challenge. And I just took a bit longer getting it down on paper. It's rendered in 64 RPP, 6 MRD, soft shadows,Japanese Blossoms HDRI, default Bryce sky and sun, and all Bryce material. The clock was created using Sketchup and the spring using Hexagon. Table base is an additional primitive, the table sits on a disk I made for my temple scene, and the top is just a pushed around cube. And as to the title? Well, what else but "Spring Time."

Spring_Time_Image_1.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - looking good.

edited March 2014

Guss: now there is an original idea...cool render..The materials merge very well together

well I am still working on my render ...I can not leave well enough alone ...have changed quite a few things....will show later as I am off playing with Horo's and David's new product....which will take me awhile as there are a number of things that come with it.....p.s. Thanks for the comments...and help on the render... and I did get the water more of a blue...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Horo and Trish.

edited December 1969

Yeah, Trish....know the situation well...just can't put your finger on the right approach to what you have in your head.

Hahaaa. Guss...hope you liked getting up an hour earlier this morning...did you 'spring' (ooooh, so many puns, and so little time to share them) out of bed like me ;)

Okay, first entry...not sure if it's clear, however...

Jay
    Title: 'Life will find a way'

acorn.jpg
    1145 x 630 - 731K