Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• rschulterschulte Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    They were the Psi-Corps of Starfleet.

A bit OT, but that reminded me of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene in a multi-crossover fanfic I read once. Security Officer Pavel Chekov has just been called to the bridge of the Enterprise to arrest the unconscious (he annoyed Riker) Psi-Cop Alfred Bester. His reaction: "Handsome devil, isn't he?"

No surprise that Section 31 and Psy-corp have very similar uniforms.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:
    If people are interested.....Section31 uniform for M4 Valiant. This was the one from an ST:TNG episode and STO.

Don't want to make this too dark.

My god, how I hated that group.

I agree. I never saw a valid reason for them. They were the Psi-Corps of Starfleet.

I think it's more a message of the sinister, black ops projects our own military and government has, which consider themselves above the law.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

And now for something a little bit different

lochinvar_6.jpg
    1134 x 729 - 120K
    lochinvar5.jpg
    1134 x 729 - 108K
    Lochinvar_4.jpg
    1134 x 729 - 116K
    edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    Me likes ^_^ Where does one get that? :D
    edited June 2014

jaguarry3 said:

Nice! Looks like a variation to your Immortal.

Here are some test renders to three more bodysuits I'm working on.

1) STO4 - Inspired by the ST:TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" where the Federation has been embroiled in a long war, the Enterprise C appears from a battle altering the timeline. Crew uniforms from Enterprise D were wearing an optional sash which they carried their phasers at all times. This is a close copy of the sash worn by officers. I also decided that Starfleet needed several wartime uniforms (grey and subdued dark grey versions).

Created for both M4 and V4 bodysuits. The V4 sash is from V4 Courageous, the M4 sash is the Valiant Tabbard.

2) STTOS - if the original series replaces the tunic and pants with a bodysuit, this is how it may look. Uses the STO combadge and rankpins.

3) STO5 - inspired from a 26th century Star Trek uniform, but it retains the same TNG color guide.

STO4_M4_Bodysuit_Wartime.png
    1223 x 917 - 135K
    STO4_V4_Bodysuit_with_Sash.png
    906 x 907 - 227K
    STO5_V4_Bodysuit.png
    906 x 907 - 186K
    STTOS_M4Bodysuit01.png
    1218 x 912 - 595K
    STTOS_V4Bodysuit01.png
    1218 x 912 - 491K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Just out of curiosity why does the female TOS bodysuit look more like a leotard? I like the textures, but the bodysuits seem to be rather form fitting to the extreme.

edited June 2014

Just out of curiosity why does the female TOS bodysuit look more like a leotard? I like the textures, but the bodysuits seem to be rather form fitting to the extreme.

Fair question...
    As I recall, there were no pants suits in the TOS uniform for females, just the dress.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms#TOS_Uniforms

I can make a transmap for the bodysuit to make it look like a dress but I'll probably end up break some decency laws somewhere.
    The leotard was a good alternative, however I do have an option to change the hip texture to make it look like pants.

STTOS_V4_Bodysuit_02.png
    906 x 907 - 306K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Fair question...
    As I recall, there were no pants suits in the TOS uniform for females, just the dress.

I can make a transmap for the bodysuit to make it look like a dress but I'll probably end up break some decency laws somewhere.
    The leotard was a good alternative, however I do have an option to change the hip texture to make it look like pants.

There was a pant suit for women shown in at least one episode, I believe it was either Charlie X or The Man Trap

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x01-2-hd/themantraphd544.jpg

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    rschulte said:

Fair question...

There was a pant suit for women shown in at least one episode, I believe it was either Charlie X or The Man Trap

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x01-2-hd/themantraphd544.jpg

I stand corrected sir! well played.

This was more for a personal what if for me on how this'll look as a bodysuit with my combadge and rankpins for Star Trek Online. I'm not really sure that people would want this TOS set.

edited December 1969

They recycled some of the pilot's tunics for women as well, I believe.

How many of us use Daz Studio vs Poser? I was thinking of trying to make some star trek texture maps for the freebies OptiTex has for V4 and M4.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Poser user here. Dabbled with Studio. Just not enough to get any decent results. Render everything in Carrara anyways.

edited December 1969

Poser only... definitely no power user.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Hey all,

Wanted to let everyone know I made it home and enjoying my time with the family. Going to spend time with my brother Paul tomorrow. After that is is moving the family into a new house before I head back. Once I get back I will start packaging up my add on to Rschulte suits for all of his current suit variations. I will be setting all the suits up so they will have mat files in Poser and they will work in DS as well but the textures may need a little tweaking to look right. His second set is going to take a bit since there are so many options but I will get all of them done and re-posted for everyone.

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    jaguarry3 said:

Nice! Looks like a variation to your Immortal.

1) STO4 - Inspired by the ST:TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" where the Federation has been embroiled in a long war, the Enterprise C appears from a battle altering the timeline. Crew uniforms from Enterprise D were wearing an optional sash which they carried their phasers at all times. This is a close copy of the sash worn by officers. I also decided that Starfleet needed several wartime uniforms (grey and subdued dark grey versions).

Created for both M4 and V4 bodysuits. The V4 sash is from V4 Courageous, the M4 sash is the Valiant Tabbard.

2) STTOS - if the original series replaces the tunic and pants with a bodysuit, this is how it may look. Uses the STO combadge and rankpins.

3) STO5 - inspired from a 26th century Star Trek uniform, but it retains the same TNG color guide.

Love the new designs! Can't wait to add them to the list to work on, I have a couple of new ideas I want to try out on some of these.

edited December 1969

Hey all,

Wanted to let everyone know I made it home and enjoying my time with the family. Going to spend time with my brother Paul tomorrow. After that is is moving the family into a new house before I head back. Once I get back I will start packaging up my add on to Rschulte suits for all of his current suit variations. I will be setting all the suits up so they will have mat files in Poser and they will work in DS as well but the textures may need a little tweaking to look right. His second set is going to take a bit since there are so many options but I will get all of them done and re-posted for everyone.

Welcome back!!!

edited December 1969

TimG said:

How many of us use Daz Studio vs Poser? I was thinking of trying to make some star trek texture maps for the freebies OptiTex has for V4 and M4.

I am strictly a Poser user as well

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Hey all,

Welcome back!!!

Thanks! Glad to have a free minute to catch up on things and to enjoy the family

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Welcome back
    Use mostly Poser since I can't use my tablet in Studio

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

I'm a Studio user, Tim, but certainly not a power user. Although I'm finally getting the hang of using the lighting in Studio

edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Very cool, rschulte. Love the additional variations on your other suits.

edited December 1969

Hey all,

Welcome back from me, as well, Roy. Glad to hear that you're having such a great time with your family. Thank you for adding the mat files for rschulte's new Bodysuit variations.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Fair question...

In both of the original TOS pilots, the women wore slacks:
    The Cage: http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x00hd/thecagehd1639.jpg

Where No Man Has Gone Before: http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x03hd/wherenomanhasgonebeforehd073.jpg

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:

Fair question...

Where No Man Has Gone Before: http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x03hd/wherenomanhasgonebeforehd073.jpg

UNCLE!!!

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:

Fair question...

UNCLE!!!

LOL!! okay, :-)

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

What she said....

ahsoka_tano_trek_comic.jpg
    1275 x 1649 - 1M
    edited June 2014

PDSmith said:
    What she said....

So is this an official type deal or a fan project?

Speaking of the list, did you add my last novel to the list? You never said.

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Ventures-The-Life-and-Times-of-Shev-Ta-Laren-461840522

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited June 2014

NV Oracle said:
    TimG said:

I'm a Studio user, Tim, but certainly not a power user. Although I'm finally getting the hang of using the lighting in Studio

this is a fantastic lighting set: http://www.daz3d.com/studio-light-le

very easy to use

Post edited by Timbales on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

For those not surfing the rest of the forum, n.b. that V6 base model is free for a short while, V5 is inexpensive, and check the flash banners for some other flash sales for Garibaldi Express Hair for D/S, one or two Stonemason sets, aniMate2, etc.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

hi,

I tried to register on xcalpro.com to get Prometheus Class Bridge and I don't succeed.

Could someone share it with me ?

edited December 1969

sioc said:
    hi,

I tried to register on xcalpro.com to get Prometheus Class Bridge and I don't succeed.

Could someone share it with me ?

I can't do anything on that site, most of the time. @_@

This discussion has been closed.