The PC Anniversary Sale - Platinum Club Power Up

Comments

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Sooo..if I buy all PC items released today and get the freebie, I only have to buy 8 more items to get the tier 2 reward, correct?

But what about the big mega mystery reward at the end - do we need to get 3 weeks worth of tier 2 rewards or just 3 weeks worth of rewards?

What the heck are you the Spanish Inquisition? It's a MYSTERY!!!
    :P
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,144
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Sooo..if I buy all PC items released today and get the freebie, I only have to buy 8 more items to get the tier 2 reward, correct?

But what about the big mega mystery reward at the end - do we need to get 3 weeks worth of tier 2 rewards or just 3 weeks worth of rewards?

What the heck are you the Spanish Inquisition? It's a MYSTERY!!!
    :P

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

The end of the month reward will be in two tiers. To reach the 2nd tier you must achieve Tier 2 in 3/4 weeks. To get tier 1 you must get a reward (either tier 1 or tier 2) in 3/4 weeks.

Just so there is no confusion when the prizes are awarded each week you will only get 1 prize, either the Tier 1 prize or the Tier 2 prize. If you reach Tier 2 you won't be given both the Tier 2 and the Tier 1 Prize.

edited December 1969

Additional Platinum Club Member Perks during the PC Anniversary Sale
    - 40% off of DAZ Originals instead of the usual 30% off.
    - Access to at least 2 Freebies every week.
    - Access to the Platinum Club Mega Bundle for free (a $200 value).
    - Access to 2 categories of 99 cent items.
    - New $1.99 Platinum Club Items released every day.

If you aren't a member now is the perfect time to join with either an Annual or Quarterly Platinum Club Membership.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    . . . Just so there is no confusion . . .

I'm confused! :-S (To be fair, that might be because I was up till 2am eastern to see the new PlatClub items go up, so now I'm short on sleep. :blank: )
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    The end of the month reward will be in two tiers. To reach the 2nd tier you must achieve Tier 2 in 3/4 weeks. To get tier 1 you must get a reward (either tier 1 or tier 2) in 3/4 weeks.

Just so there is no confusion when the prizes are awarded each week you will only get 1 prize, either the Tier 1 prize or the Tier 2 prize. If you reach Tier 2 you won't be given both the Tier 2 and the Tier 1 Prize.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Thank you for the clarification.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    For those of us that are not in the U.S. does the U.S. government closing down affect any visa or paypal payments to DAZ?

I noticed someone else answered you and no it won't matter.

We are a Representative Republic. The Government Shutdown is just political parties jockeying for position in a debate. It's not real nor dangerous to commerce. When it's over even the government employees will get retroactive pay in the end. They will add it to a Bill. The rest is just Partisan nonsense.

Our Government can regulate, but we are a Free country and commerce is not controlled by our government beyond regulation to keep it honest. Much of what you see in the News, especially in other countries about us is propaganda and not true. Our Government may seem messy but it is part of being truly free.

Come visit :-) We love visitors and it's lots of fun here. What you see in the News has nothing to do with what 99.9% of the country is like.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Is this the case for the end-of-month supermegaawesomesauce prize as well?
    How do I know which one I should be shooting for?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

The Supermegaawesomesauce prize will be tiered as well. To qualify for Tier 2 you have to have achieved Tier 2 in 3/4 weeks of the sale. The weekly rewards for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 are listed on the Power Up PC page. We haven't announced what the Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards will be for the supermegaawesomesauce prize.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:

The Supermegaawesomesauce prize will be tiered as well. To qualify for Tier 2 you have to have achieved Tier 2 in 3/4 weeks of the sale. The weekly rewards for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 are listed on the Power Up PC page. We haven't announced what the Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards will be for the supermegaawesomesauce prize.
    Um, can you clarify a bit? To qualify to Tier 2 of supermegaawesomesauce prize I need to "catch" at least 3 out of 4 tier 2 weeks, this is pretty straight. For tier 1, I guess, it would be tier 1 catch up for three weeks. But what if I catch up two weeks on t2 and two on t1? Won't it mean something like 1.5 supermegaawesomesauce prize?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:

Um, can you clarify a bit? To qualify to Tier 2 of supermegaawesomesauce prize I need to "catch" at least 3 out of 4 tier 2 weeks, this is pretty straight. For tier 1, I guess, it would be tier 1 catch up for three weeks. But what if I catch up two weeks on t2 and two on t1? Won't it mean something like 1.5 supermegaawesomesauce prize?

The way it reads to me, two weeks on tier 2 and two weeks on tier one isn't 3 out of 4, so you would get the tier one goody.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

This almost sounds like the old Who's on First routine lol. I think I get it now. But I think I will just shoot for tier 2 each week to be on the safe side.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This almost sounds like the old Who's on First routine lol. I think I get it now. But I think I will just shoot for tier 2 each week to be on the safe side.

That's my plan. Four points down, eight to go for this week.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The nice thing is that — assuming it keeps working all through the sale — the sale page itself will tell us exactly how far we've got in lighting up those little stars for each week.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Will there be any new DO's released that aren't PC items?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Will there be any new DO's released that aren't PC items?

In past anniversary sales there have been, often with special deals associated with them, such as Moonshine's Diner & Drive In, or the Carnival Big tent

• firefly43firefly43 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AH HA! i have it now ..... I think I have it now .... well maybe I get it .... :ohh:

12 purchased items from just the hot promotions page will get me a tier 2 prize each week. (bit sketchy on the 3/4 deal) I assume that means the I must reach the teir 2 for 3 out of the 4 weeks to qualify for the superduper unbelievable extra special 2 tier prize at the end of the month

So again I say AH HA ... I think I have it now.

So do I have this right?

edited December 1969

firefly43 said:
    AH HA! i have it now ..... I think I have it now .... well maybe I get it .... :ohh:

12 purchased items from just the hot promotions page will get me a tier 2 prize each week. (bit sketchy on the 3/4 deal) I assume that means the I must reach the teir 2 for 3 out of the 4 weeks to qualify for the superduper unbelievable extra special 2 tier prize at the end of the month

So again I say AH HA ... I think I have it now.

So do I have this right?

Yes, sounds like you've got it.

If you get a reward for at least 3/4 weeks then you will qualify for the superdupermegaawesomesaucum prize at the end. That super awesome prize is Tiered (I think we've established that). Get Tier 2, at least 3/4 weeks and you get tier 2 on the awesomsawesome prize. Get any other combination. Any other 3/4 or 4/4 combination gives you Tier 1 of the awesome sauceum prize. I hope this makes sense. Basically get 3/4 tier 2's and you will get tier 2. 3/4 in any other combination and you'll get tier 1.

• KyleTwilightKyleTwilight Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

First off want to say thanks for an exciting sale once again, even if my wallet and bank account aren't appreciating it. lol

I noticed that the links to the Westside Park category and Mega Pack add on category, which worked at the beginning of the sale, are only leading back to the same page, not to those sections. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but thought it best to bring it to someone's attention. The links in the forums still work okay just fine to get to those sections though. I had noticed it earlier in the evening, but thought it might have been a glitch at my end until it persisted into when I came back and tried refreshing the page.

edited December 1969

ktwilight said:
    First off want to say thanks for an exciting sale once again, even if my wallet and bank account aren't appreciating it. lol

I noticed that the links to the Westside Park category and Mega Pack add on category, which worked at the beginning of the sale, are only leading back to the same page, not to those sections. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but thought it best to bring it to someone's attention. The links in the forums still work okay just fine to get to those sections though. I had noticed it earlier in the evening, but thought it might have been a glitch at my end until it persisted into when I came back and tried refreshing the page.

Thanks, yes.. someone else spotted it and I've reported to DAZ.. so hopefully someone will fix it when they get in tomorrow AM :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 1969

I'm confused about the overlapping dates for the Power Up "weeks". Has that already been explained?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I'm confused about the overlapping dates for the Power Up "weeks". Has that already been explained?

It's to allow people some time at the end of the 'week' to go back and pick up anything they missed previously.. just to try and head off the 'I missed out but a point becaue my internet died that day' type of scenarios :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

It's to allow people some time at the end of the 'week' to go back and pick up anything they missed previously.. just to try and head off the 'I missed out but a point becaue my internet died that day' type of scenarios :)
    Oh, so products offered in week one will only count toward week 1 points, even if purchased in the week 2 overlap days?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Oh, so products offered in week one will only count toward week 1 points, even if purchased in the week 2 overlap days?

Correct.. as far as I know, anyhow.

Week 2 items are then counted between the 8th to the 17th, etc.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

If you get a reward for at least 3/4 weeks then you will qualify for the superdupermegaawesomesaucum prize at the end. ...

Is it a manual? ;)
  • riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To clarify one part:

Points are also given for PA items released that week too.. *and* any PC freebies! So we've made it easy to get the full 12 points and unlock those tier 2 rewards ;) They're also marked on the sliding banner page too, as to what is eligible.

Items which are in other promotions however (such as any 99c category sales) aren't eligible for the points.

I'll reiterate Jareds last point too.. let's have fun! I'll be about on the forums most of the time, at least for the first few weeks. So while you won't get any new content, I'll be about if anyone has any concerns etc.. please PM me before panicking :)

Jack Tomalin
    Isn't this http://www.daz3d.com/parkside-jtc-logistics
    part of the http://www.daz3d.com/west-park-parkside-sale
    ?

• riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    So at the moment I have 3 points, one of the items that gives a point I have no use for so not buying it, Will there be more items than points needed to fill your bar during each period of time? (just making sure that this is not a 'buy everything to get the "prize" at the end thing.)

Just trying to make sure that there is going to be more than two products released between now and the 10th that will qualify.

Yes, they'll be 9 PC items in any given 'week' plus PA items.. so I'm sure you'll be able to fill it :)
    unless you already bought all you wanted in the PA Fest...

edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    Malandar said:
    So at the moment I have 3 points, one of the items that gives a point I have no use for so not buying it, Will there be more items than points needed to fill your bar during each period of time? (just making sure that this is not a 'buy everything to get the "prize" at the end thing.)

Just trying to make sure that there is going to be more than two products released between now and the 10th that will qualify.

Yes, they'll be 9 PC items in any given 'week' plus PA items.. so I'm sure you'll be able to fill it :)

unless you already bought all you wanted in the PA Fest...

Well sure, if you've blown your budget.. but I was talking all new content, theres new PA items accompanying the new PC items during Oct :)

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Just purchased the following 4 items

HDR ProSets Yosemite Pack Two
    Fantasy Wishing Well
    30 Poses for Ironstar
    Good Nurse / Bad Nurse

which are shown in the cycling Banner as worth 1 point.
    They are also shown on the Power Up page as today's Featured Items.

However my power bar is not showing the points for these items.

edited December 1969

Just purchased the following 4 items

HDR ProSets Yosemite Pack Two
    Fantasy Wishing Well
    30 Poses for Ironstar
    Good Nurse / Bad Nurse

which are shown in the cycling Banner as worth 1 point.
    They are also shown on the Power Up page as today's Featured Items.

However my power bar is not showing the points for these items.

Please give it a moment, there appears to be some lag with it updating.. but from what I'm hearing it does show up after a bit (and a few refreshes) :)