2»

Comments

• DiYaniraDiYanira Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:
    Hi, when trying to install the patch for Poser 9 it shows this

What version of Windows?

Is IE, Poser or anything else open when installing?

Are you running the installer as a regular, limited user or as an administrator?
    I use windows 7. there was no program open and I run as administrator.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

Are you running the installer as a regular, limited user or as an administrator?

Are you specifically right clicking the installer and choosing Run as Admin? Even an Admin account on windows needs to do that on certain files.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

Are you specifically right clicking the installer and choosing Run as Admin? Even an Admin account on windows needs to do that on certain files.Thank you, the right clicking the installer was what work, now is working fine Poser 9. But Poser 8 is still in white libraries I don't find how to uninstall the Internet Explorer 11.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

DiYanira said:
    Vaskania said:
    DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

Are you specifically right clicking the installer and choosing Run as Admin? Even an Admin account on windows needs to do that on certain files.Thank you, the right clicking the installer was what work, now is working fine Poser 9. But Poser 8 is still in white libraries I don't find how to uninstall the Internet Explorer 11.

You can use this fix, issued by Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722 There are instructions on the page as to how to install the fix.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DiYanira said:
    Vaskania said:
    DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

You can use this fix, issued by Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722 There are instructions on the page as to how to install the fix.Internet Explorer 11 is already install, what do i do now? How i uninstall it?

edited December 1969

DiYanira said:
    chohole said:
    DiYanira said:
    Vaskania said:
    DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

Are you specifically right clicking the installer and choosing Run as Admin? Even an Admin account on windows needs to do that on certain files.

Thank you, the right clicking the installer was what work, now is working fine Poser 9. But Poser 8 is still in white libraries I don't find how to uninstall the Internet Explorer 11.

You can use this fix, issued by Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722 There are instructions on the page as to how to install the fix.Internet Explorer 11 is already install, what do i do now? How i uninstall it?

The fix from Microsoft took it off my computer when I ran it

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DiYanira said:
    chohole said:
    DiYanira said:
    Vaskania said:
    DiYanira said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DiYanira said:

What version of Windows?

Thank you, the right clicking the installer was what work, now is working fine Poser 9. But Poser 8 is still in white libraries I don't find how to uninstall the Internet Explorer 11.

The fix from Microsoft took it off my computer when I ran it
    I should be writing somthing wrong in the command prompt, it's not working.

edited December 1969

Obviously the name at the top will be yours, but does this help. I needed help to get it right as well, and a friend did this screen shot for me to follow

cmd.jpg
    678 x 347 - 107K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Once you get this sorted, I'd advise changing your windows update settings to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them". That way you can catch any further IE updates at the door. I have IE 9, 10, and 11 updates all sitting hidden in my windows updates never to be installed (I do the same for any bing related crap too).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Vascania and Chohole, for your help, I am still trying to make this work.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363

On a side note, I just had a similar stoppage with Poser 11, discovered my firewall software updated and changed my settings (grr). After fixing it, works fine :)