Hera and R2D2

TwilekR2D2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 591K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,296

Very nice

Kinda off topic but Star Wars related

British actor Kenny Baker, who starred as R2-D2 in six Star Wars films, has died aged 81 

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37072736

• Rest in Peace R2. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,615

Sad news, C3PO is going to be devastated

edited August 2016

Not a render but Star Wars fun Floppy Disk Orchestra Play the "Star Wars" Theme

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/audio/a21740/floppy-disk-orchestra-star-wars/

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited August 2016

Here's a few new SW pieces I just finished

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Here's a new one I just finished:

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747
    RawArt said:

Hera and R2D2

Love it! Where did you get the R2D2 model?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747
    edited September 2016

A Star Warsy pinup...

image.jpeg
    864 x 648 - 147K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Love it! Where did you get the R2D2 model?

Looks like one of the complete (I think) set of R-series droids in the Vanishing Point freebie archive. I have that; every now and then I try again to put together good Iray materials. This is a lot better than I've managed so far.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579

I thought I posted this but I don't see it any more, so I must have messed up, here is some new M4 chariters I picked up, work great but brought Fet into Daz on Genesis 2.

fet.jpg
    500 x 707 - 71K
    st.jpg
    864 x 818 - 93K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
    edited September 2016
    RawArt said:

Love it! Where did you get the R2D2 model?

That is from Vanishing point...I just added Iray shaders to it.

I also did that to a tie fighter from there last wekend.

twintie.jpg
    744 x 573 - 142K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • Is it okay to put a link to a product in the forums?  I found a C-3P0 for Poser somewhere and would like people to know where.

Boorsman said:

Is it okay to put a link to a product in the forums?  I found a C-3P0 for Poser somewhere and would like people to know where.

As long as it's not a pay site or a site hosting illegal mesh rips. If it's a pay site, just list the link and other users can follow it.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Anyone have a good recipe for lightsabers in iray? I'm not happy with what I've gotten so far in the pic I'm working on.

Screenshot 2016-10-06 13.13.52.png
    442 x 483 - 410K
  • Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 126

Here's a trick for lightsabers that I used while nutting things out... which is ongoing ;)

Render the image without bloom, and when you're happy with it, turn the bloom filter on, hit continue, and it 'should' do one more pass with the bloom active. you might need to increase the bloom threashold by +4000 over whatever it was set to when you started the render. (yes even if you started at over 20,000 it's just what i've noticed).

For this http://fav.me/da8918x other setting I used Bloom filter radius at 0.05 & brightness to 0.75. As for the lightsaber itself Emission temp of 6500, Luminance of 175000.0 in units of lm

Interesting... I've never played with the bloom setting.

I just used the default setting.

I'll need to learn about it more as there was a lot of bluring on the figure....it's a HDRI map in the background, so maybe it's just that.

jedii6bloom.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 234K

Check your focus settings on the camera (the area in focus might need increasing), and possibly increase the bloom threashold

Rogue7 said:

Check your focus settings on the camera (the area in focus might need increasing), and possibly increase the bloom threashold

Just to be clear, that's a split image with the bloom and non bloom areas.

--

the bloom seems to do add a big blur over everything, which I wouldn't want on things that are not the lightsabers... (I have no idea what the giant white thing in the top corner is...there's nothing there in the scene)

jedi9-nob;loom.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 552K
    jedii7bloom.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 496K

that could be a hidden object (like a lighting point), sometimes they like to render...  but boosting the threshold has worked for me, (not just by 4000 sometimes by silly amounts) to combat the bloom on other objects in the scene, some of the time

edited October 2016

With Rogue7's bloom trick, I'm pretty happy with this. (Used a little compositing trickery to clean up some unwanted bloom).

jedii-final-composite--sm-.jpg
    1600 x 1036 - 543K
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,880
    Scavenger said:

Anyone have a good recipe for lightsabers in iray? I'm not happy with what I've gotten so far in the pic I'm working on.

You can try this too by 3dTox here in the forums - http://www.sharecg.com/v/80355/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Iray-shader-for-Laser-Swords-and-poses

It was made for my laser swords before I had an Iray capable machine

That's come up nicely Scavanger :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited October 2016

Korath Lorren battles his nemesis, the evil Mathis Karr.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

I just made this guy.

SW1.jpg
    3988 x 2640 - 5M
    AntMan said:

I just made this guy.

very cool!

edited October 2016

Just finished this one this morning. Not 100% happy with it as this was the only free space HDRI I could find, but it does the job. The hardest part was getting the destroyer into DS, it was in FBX format for some odd reason and EXTREMELY detailed (156 MB). This is with IRAY and no postwork or composition.

swspacescene.jpg
    1544 x 870 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • RafmerRafmer Posts: 564

Just finished this one this morning. Not 100% happy with it as this was the only free space HDRI I could find, but it does the job. The hardest part was getting the destroyer into DS, it was in FBX format for some odd reason and EXTREMELY detailed (156 MB). This is with IRAY and no postwork or composition.

Really nice, that destroyer is awesome!

Asajj and friends

Playing around with V4.2 after noticing the Ventress skin as i did a backup...