The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Is a great winter afternoon here - brilliant sun and no windchill make for a sparkly bright brown and gold day ;)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    I'd seriously love to post the page this occurs on, but..
    [Reigetsusai... The festival Eientei holds every month for the full moon.]
    [It's traditional to make mochi with medicine in it and to collect round things.]

Reisen: Let's leave the Mochi pounding to the other rabbits. We'll go looking for round things. (Reisen is a rabbit from the Lunar Capital)
    Tei: Roger that! :D
    Reisen: (Hm... Autographed baseball?)
    Tei: Hey, hey, Reisen~
    Reisen: Yes?
    Tei: Look at what I found! :D (An Anti-Personnel Mine)
    Reisen: *Woah* O_O
    Reisen: Hey go leave that somewhere safe.
    Tei: But it seems pretty dangerous. o_o
    Reisen: Exactly >_<<br /> Reisen: (Crow scarer...?)
    Tei: Hey, hey, Reisen...
    Reisen: What now?
    Tei: Bad news. :D (I stepped on it)
    Reisen: Whaa----!? (SHE STEPPED ON IT!?)
    It's MUCH funnier visually, but I laugh so hard just thinking about this panel XD

hehe sounds messy and funny all at the same time :)

Nah it never went off :3
    THe entire comic is canon for sure, but it's largely humorous and doesn't carry the more serious tone that some of the other works do. It's quite fun to read http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Inaba_of_the_Moon_and_Inaba_of_the_Earth

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Oh haz two green dots, in my sig when did that happen?

are your two green dots in about the same spot as my three green dots? That means you have posted enough to get two dots. One you get to a thousand something posts you can have three dots.

edited December 1969

I finally found my Adobe 5.5 disc after I installed Adobe 6.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Sigh, i am hungry.

I feel like i have gone no where in my current job. six years for nothing. I cannot become a manager because they will not teach me anything new or let me do anything other than drive thru cashier.

I want to write but I keep thinking that my ideas are pickles or some other food reference that just confuses me.

could the pickles confusion thing be a side effect of your meds?

edited December 1969

Sigh, i am hungry.

I feel like i have gone no where in my current job. six years for nothing. I cannot become a manager because they will not teach me anything new or let me do anything other than drive thru cashier.

I want to write but I keep thinking that my ideas are pickles or some other food reference that just confuses me.

could the pickles confusion thing be a side effect of your meds?

The only pickles I have is Little Fox's pickles. I need to download my RDNA collection if I have not done it yet.

edited December 1969

i ate a tasty ceaser salad for dinner and cooked 4 pieces of bacon - on tin foil on a cookie sheet - 3 for me and 1 for Brenden. he finished his bacon strip very fast and begged for mine, so i ate mine fast too.

edited December 1969

I want a snack of something and then get some sleep. I am tired right now though.

edited December 1969

heavy sigh. have i wasted 3 years of my life, not to mention income, chasing render dreams? when i should've been busy focusing on writing. i look at the c4d renders and then i can't look at my poser renders. what do i have to show for the last 3 years, except 80 gigs of runtime. yeah i got cupcakes i can render, but i'm riding the bus with a bus stop over a mile away. i can't even go out to lunch on lunch break cuz there's no where to walk and back in under an hour. it's an industrial park. with a nice fountain across the street. wahhh. i guess that's a complaint.

That's pretty complaint-worthy. {{{{ wist }}}}

thanks. :)

edited December 1969

AW I like yr pics :) There are tons of ways to experiment with Poser. If you abandon the regular colour channels and plug shaders into the alt diffuse and alt specular channels via a lighting model - diffuse, clay - and a specular model, your Poser renders will get a noticeable boost without doing much else. Strip all the textures from a scene before you light it, is much easier to apply textures on a per-light basis - and you will end up with a good looking - get into silhouettes - and a lightweight scene.

edited December 1969

No shaders no textures no colours nothin, one white and one blue light.

blackWhiteAndBlue2828.jpg
    800 x 362 - 25K
    edited December 1969

I have not downloaded at least one RDNA order. too tired to do that now.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Peeve: pinched elbow nerve. And the fact that there's very little that can be done to cure it, beyond rest and strapping the arm into fixed position for a while and swallowing pain medication.

The worst part is not that it sends a numbing pulse now and then, making my fingertips and hands vanish from my control, or that the pain which follows is bad enough to be felt up my chin as a similar sort of numbing wave.

No, the worst part is how I've become intimate with various types of pain.

The first type of pain happened when the whole thing was new: it was something alike to skin that had been burnt enough to make the surface inflexible, slightly crisp, tender to touch, but not blistering. Then imagine something touching the hurting parts with a feather at random times, so skin tenses and that crisp part won't flex as it should, so it hurts doubly so.

The second sort of pain was probably the worst so far: it felt like a lump of rotting flesh. It was deep, aching, pulsating, and made me wish I could gouge it out with a rusty ice cream scoop. Every motion made with the arm would make it thud dully inside my bones, and I occasionally ended up screaming because it hurt so badly.

Now third sort of pain has arrived: it feels like something is stretched beyond the limits of reason, then unleashed in a sudden snap that lashes to face. A whiplash followed by a sensation of flesh and bone crumbling and then reforming, so it can hurt again.

And this is why I'm currently pretty miffed.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Just touching base with the Pain stuff: Imagine a #9 toothache not a throbbing one just a #9 toothache, steady pain all the time. Okay, Got that in your head? Now imagine that all day every day, okay the meds will knock it down to a #5 some days. Got it now?

Now put that toothache in every joint of your hands, your wrists, elbows, shoulders, shoulder blade joints, upper back, lower back, hips, knees and any and all broken parts of any bone you have ever broken. Can you picture that? I'm not saying I hurt worse than any one else, Heck I truly wish knowone had to suffer any pain. I know many that have it worse and I know others that have it better. But for me this is what me and my Doc use to discribe my arthirus. It's advanced and we can not stop it. I have learned to live with it as a fact of life.

Treat your arm well, strap it down if the pain will get better for any length of time. I could have and should have sought help LONG before I did. My job was more important to me, and I always knew it was coming anyway. It run's in my family. Dont let yourself hurt if you can do something about it. I'm living proof of what NOT to do. I would not be this bad if I had done what I could when I could and it still help.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Pinched nerve ouch, arthritis eeow - I'll have a good thought for you - love and peace to you both :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Oooo, non-complaint! Significant Otter suddenly wanted to make pizza.

edited December 1969

underground ballet drop

organ_grinder1_12_010_0001.jpg
    800 x 500 - 33K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Urgh, too many folks in pain in here. All of you feel way better, soonest! :coolsmile:

Payday here but most of it is already spoken for in the form of a deposit and July rent on the new place. Where I live, the lot has two houses - the "front house" (where I am now) with 3 bedrooms, and the "back house" (where I'm moving) with has 2 bedrooms and a HUGE kitchen. I'll be paying a bit more for rent, but will have a larger bedroom and only be sharing the place with one other dude. I'll be able to COOK again, and have room in the fridge for food so I don't have to eat out all the time, and room for an actual physical musical instrument!!! :bug:

Installed PPro 32-bit last night and it seems more stable than the 64-bit version, so that's good. I'm still going to upgrade to 2012 sometime next month, though!

It's positively COLD today, only going to hit 99f! And I left my sweater at home, darn it! Hee hee!

edited December 1969

My leg stopped ouching after a couple of glasses of scotch ;)

edited December 1969

My elbow hasn't. :( But at least I got some home-made pizza.

edited December 1969

mmmmmmmmmm pizza. Doesn't take much alcohol to get me smashed and slurring my typing. A bit of a strained hamstring isn't in the same league as a pinched nerve, I'm feelin no pain ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    My elbow hasn't. :( But at least I got some home-made pizza.

Pizza good, pain bad. Get well soonest!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    My leg stopped ouching after a couple of glasses of scotch ;)

Effective and tasty pain relief! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    underground ballet drop

plee ayy :)

edited December 1969

no news in months about Suzy and Ben and how the rest of the gaggle is doing. not since Ben attacked the meter reader man.

edited December 1969

Complaint: I just spoke with my mom on phone. I'll try to keep the gist of my point short and non-TMIsh and non-triggery as possible. She has a rampant case of paranoia, which surges now and then, especially when she gets stressed over something (such as traveling, holidays etc). As her only child, and only person she can trust to some degree, I get to hear all her... interesting... theories and ideas how "they" mess with her and her apartment and stuff. It doesn't make things any easier that she has the memory of a gnat and a tendency to both hoard and "put things into a safe place".

I'm starting to get stressed out (which is not good for my own mental health, since it is rather frail). She is still too sane to get involuntarily committed for treatment, and she's too nuts to understand that she needs it; in addition, since we are talking about paranoia combined with some borderline personality disorder, it means she is not inclined to even consider that the problem is with her, and it is "them" who are behind it ("them" varies according to her mood, could be any of her two remaining siblings to neighbors etc) and who would gladly mark her as nuts and send her off to funnyfarm (her idea of how people with disorders and such are treated, even if it is not true) with the aid of medical personnel.

So, yeah. Sorry, I'm all out of funny today. I will accept all kitten pics (and in general, cute animal pics) and whatever funny you throw my way, though and do my best to cheer up.

edited December 1969

how about a pic of these big eyes staring at ya?

they iz lookin up with their big eyes, offering hugz. except for spidey ballz, he's the emo teenager of this desktop family.

cphone05.jpg
    579 x 416 - 58K
    edited December 1969

Hehe :) :lol:

edited December 1969

lolzies :lol:

funny-animal-captions-shouldnt-have-skipped-my-last-checkup.jpg
    497 x 346 - 59K
    funny-animal-captions-owls-really-are-quite-wise.jpg
    492 x 454 - 38K
    funny-animal-captions-i-slipped-on-two-nickels-and-slid-a-short-ways-it-was-a-parrot-dime-shift.jpg
    500 x 498 - 66K
    funny-animal-captions-at-last-my-day-has-arrived.jpg
    494 x 700 - 88K
    funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-we-have-so-much-in-common.jpg
    492 x 402 - 42K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Haz Funny...

stupidnfunnydemotivatioq.jpg
    580 x 480 - 24K
    iHG_BpV6Zk-fB6cznRVFIQ2.jpg
    500 x 376 - 41K