DAZ Install Manager 1.0.1.59 Update

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Makes sense.

Other than that, how was your weekend? :lol:

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I tried searching for an answer to this, but frankly, the forum search function works about as well as an umbrella made of cray paper.

(Example... Search for one term. Search returns a list of topics with "occurs many times in thread." And a link to "search within thread." Use that link and you get... No results found.)

Anyway, now that that is off my chest.

Inside DIM, looking at list of "Ready to Install." Right click on the list, select "Select Installers." At the very bottom of the fly out list is an option that says "From CSV File."

Can someone tell me what information DIM is looking for to be in this CSV file? I've tried using this a bunch of different ways but DIM is acting very dim about it. No matter what is in the CSV file it acts like nothing happens.

I have tried exporting a CSV file directly from DIM and then porting it back in, but nothing happens.

I've exported the CSV file with and with out headers. With all of the available information. With just single fields (Product Name, Product ID, Download ID, File IIdentifier).

Nothing seems to work. Is this just a non-functional future option?

I only ask because this function would be extremely useful to preserve installation directory paths. As well as being able to transfer these path settings from one installation to another.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

How did you export a csv from DIM? I couldn't find a way when I looked. I have to use one of Taozen's apps to do that.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    How did you export a csv from DIM? I couldn't find a way when I looked. I have to use one of Taozen's apps to do that.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17114/#252009

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2013

The one place I didn't click, the header. /slaps self

Thaks Kerya.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

You don't have to click on the header. You can right click anywhere in the file list and pick the "Export selected to CSV" option. Just make sure you have some items selected or it will be greyed out.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,182
    edited December 1969

The "From CSV File..." action requires 3 columns of data per row; "Product Name", "Product ID" and "Download ID", in that order. The header row is not required. The value in the "Product Name" column can be anything, or nothing (i.e. an empty string), but the values in the "Product ID" and "Download ID" columns must be valid integers (as strings). You can test whether a row in the file will be parsed using the following regular expression:

^"((?:[^"]|"")*)"\s*,\s*"(\d+)"\s*,\s*\"(\d+)".*

-Rob

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

My DIM (version 1.0.1.59) seems to be unable to complete downloads of any even moderately large files. I keep getting download failed. I was able to target and download a product update of 20M (Fearless) but 60-90M ones like Fantasy Castle 2011 keep failing and disconnecting me from my account. This has been a problem basically since the update.

This may be my connection, not DIM, but I have downloaded 200M+ graphics driver packages this week via webbrowser without problems, and see 'started with the update'.

Even if it is my connection DIM desperately needs the following features:

1) RESUME. For the love of god, resume. I'm now up to 70+ items it wants to install again and it can't get through the files at the top to get to the rest because it keeps choking. What kind of download manager is unable to resume its download?
    2) Throttle - max download speed permitted. Because I don't want it choking off my web browsing. I'm on DSL, but -cheap- DSL.
    3) Limit files downloaded at a time to 1. With both a throttle and a resume this might not be necessary. But I have neither now.

But if you can't do anything else with it, get it a resume so I stop wasting my time redownloading the first half of the same files over and over and over again.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

i finally dared install the DIM - since i had to install DAZ 4.6 anyway, i thought well, clean slate and all.
    luckily i only had very few DAZ store items to deinstall (first, i'm quite new, and anyway i was RL busy & knew there was changes coming up - so i let everything i bought either on the DAZ site or uninstalled on my HD).
    now, as far as i've seen, everything works all right as to the fews things i reinstalled - i didn't even bother changing anything in the DIM settings, i just let the DIM do whatever it wanted and download/install all by itself. i just added the path to the new library in my DB.
    though i still have a whole bunch of items from the $ 1.99 sale a week ago & the recently downloaded stuff on my HD that are still waiting for DL/install. so i'll see later if problems arise ~

but my question is:
    before, i downloaded an .exe or a .zip, installed the stuff, and put the .exe/.zip into my archives (like, in case of a major crash, i'd still have the expensive source files). but now, the DIM working alone seems to be a little wonder - but it doesn't leave any "source files". which means, should the DAZ servers, for some reason, disappear from the face of the earth - i'd only have the installed version of my files spread all over my library. which means also that if i want to still have my "security copy" of every item i bought... i will have to download it from my DAZ product library - manually (don't want to confuse the DIM with duplicates) ~
    am i right?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

before, i downloaded an .exe or a .zip, installed the stuff, and put the .exe/.zip into my archives (like, in case of a major crash, i'd still have the expensive source files). but now, the DIM working alone seems to be a little wonder - but it doesn't leave any "source files". which means, should the DAZ servers, for some reason, disappear from the face of the earth - i'd only have the installed version of my files spread all over my library. which means also that if i want to still have my "security copy" of every item i bought... i will have to download it from my DAZ product library - manually (don't want to confuse the DIM with duplicates) ~
    am i right?

At the bottom of the "Ready to Install" tab, uncheck "Delete Installer Once Installed", and then you will retain a copy of every item you download.
    You can also use your own custom download location, for example in a folder you are already backing up, if you find that easier than the default location it uses to store these downloaded files.
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

wow thank you a lot! you spared me a lot of stupid work! (>_< )

i had seen this checkbox on the tab, and took good care to not check it, but i thought the installers meant were like the list in my product library or similar - on the daz site. as i took a peek at the DIM folder, it was just after its installation, so it was empty.. i didn't realize all files were downloaded there! i guessed it was like a direct online install ~ ( ^_^)'

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited June 2013

...OK here are three screenshots that make me feel this whole DL thing is a mess.

First is the full Iconic Body Shape Bundle as it appears in the Product library.

Second is the individual AIko/Hiro4 component of the bundle

Third is the Freak/Girl 4 component of the bundle.

So riddle me this Batman:

Why are there three duplicate .exe installers all with the same exact filesize for Freak/Girl 4 that are listed in the full bundle library page, but for the individual Freak/Aiko 4 component itself, only a DIM file appears.

This makes things look so haphazard as I pointed out on another thread concerning the Mean Streets DL library page which had both a .exe and DIM installer for the Poser CF files but only a DIM installer for the Daz .trx component.

This just looks sloppy if you ask me.

iconic_figures_3.jpg
    679 x 410 - 37K
    iconic_figures_2.jpg
    685 x 383 - 61K
    iconic_figures_1.jpg
    659 x 581 - 145K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited June 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not when there's several hundred lines of them and they have to be deleted one line at a time ( I have a lot of old content).

...and there are also legacy installers showing up as well which should have filtered out as I only checked the 4.5+ filter.

Create .csv should be a menu rather than right click option and there should be a filter or something that tells it to build a spreadsheet of the single product names only.

It was so much simpler and no where near such a pain to accomplish this when you could just list your full itemised order history on one single page, copy it, and dump it to an Excel spreadsheet as text.

I see Mike addressed your first two comments, but as far as exporting a CSV file option in a menu, you have to select some or all of the content in order to get a CSV export to work, so with your mouse/pen right there at the header checkbox (or the checkbox next to a specific item), it's easy to just right-click and select the Expprt as CSV option from the context menu without having to go to the menu to do so. At least that's how I see it.

As far as exporting just the product names, that's easy since you have the option of unchecking all the options except the first one in the dialog box that pops up, which is the Product Name. I've done that on more than one occasion. Usually, I also include the SKU and Download ID as well as tags, but if I'm just looking for a quick list of product names to check against something else, I create the CSV with just the first option checked.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

The update to 1.0.1.59 worked like a charm for me and I have been using it for several weeks now to download many (mostly DAZ) files. I last used it last Friday successfully.

I purchased several of Smay's products during the flash sale today, and the new purchases show in my product library as ready to download. However Install Manager shows zero files "ready to download", despite refreshing and restarting it several times and re-logging in. It seems to have lost the link to whatever information it needs to process new purchases.

Can anybody suggest a fix for this IM ailment?

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

jonathan said:
    The update to 1.0.1.59 worked like a charm for me and I have been using it for several weeks now to download many (mostly DAZ) files. I last used it last Friday successfully.

I purchased several of Smay's products during the flash sale today, and the new purchases show in my product library as ready to download. However Install Manager shows zero files "ready to download", despite refreshing and restarting it several times and re-logging in. It seems to have lost the link to whatever information it needs to process new purchases.

Same thing happened to me last night -- I'll try again when I get home from work.
    edited December 1969

I actually had the same thing happen to me with last week's PC Freebie. It showed up in my Product Library, but still hasn't shown up in my Ready To Download tab in DIM. I did a support ticket on it, but I'm glad (well not really) to see I'm not the only one this has happened to. Something must be wrong with syncing to the server where the downloads are.

I haven't purchased anything else since, so I'm wondering if I'll have the same problem when this week's PC Freebie comes out. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

jonathan said:

Same thing for me. Was working for the order I made 6/2/13 but the order on the next day wouldn't show up in DIM. Wasn't terribly important to get the items right away so opted to try again later.

I even tried launching DIM from the order page but that failed miserably. the DIM logs show 404 errors for all the products it was passed.

Gave up for the night.

edited June 2013

I took out a bug report for the product I had the problem with, perhaps you folks should do the same. Obviously these items need to be checked out as I don't think it's DIM that's having a problem.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,440
    edited December 1969

Leticia said:
    Even if it is my connection DIM desperately needs the following features:

1) RESUME. For the love of god, resume. I'm now up to 70+ items it wants to install again and it can't get through the files at the top to get to the rest because it keeps choking. What kind of download manager is unable to resume its download?
    [...]
    But if you can't do anything else with it, get it a resume so I stop wasting my time redownloading the first half of the same files over and over and over again.

This. A thousand times this. Seriously - that's approximately how many times that feature would have been helpful.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The RESUME function was the ONLY thing I was hoping for with the updated version.

Basically at this point if I have a large file I just use Firefox (which incidentally never needs that function since it doesn't drop connection like DIM always does,) then pop the zip into DIM's download folder for it to install as usual. Yeah, it's a workaround, but at least it's a way to still get update notifications.

Cheers

edited June 2013

Vanguard said:
    jonathan said:

Same thing for me. Was working for the order I made 6/2/13 but the order on the next day wouldn't show up in DIM. Wasn't terribly important to get the items right away so opted to try again later.

I even tried launching DIM from the order page but that failed miserably. the DIM logs show 404 errors for all the products it was passed.

Gave up for the night.
    Well I had posted my problem in a bug report, and just a few minutes ago I went to see if I could download a new item, and I FINALLY got the item I couldn't find in Ready To Download tab last week, so things are starting to get corrected.

If you still can't find the items you purchased in DIM, I would suggest you make a bug report, because then they can look at it and get it fixed.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Vanguard said:
    jonathan said:

Gave up for the night.

Well I had posted my problem in a bug report, and just a few minutes ago I went to see if I could download a new item, and I FINALLY got the item I couldn't find in Ready To Download tab last week, so things are starting to get corrected.

If you still can't find the items you purchased in DIM, I would suggest you make a bug report, because then they can look at it and get it fixed.

I put in a service request as well. I did not do what customer service suggested before trying "one more time" and the items appeared in DIM. I had placed one more order before trying. I am not sure the additional order or something C.S. did fixed it but so far so good.

I would like to add that whoever is responsible for DIM has my sincere thanks and eternal gratitude. When it works it is a God-send! I hope it helps to encourage new users to give DAZ a try and keep at it.

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

I was wondering: How are users supposed to find the ReadMe file when using the Install Manager? If there isn't a way, is a plan in the works?

Also I think ReadMe's are online now. I think there should be an easy to find link to it on each product page. Is that a bad idea?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited June 2013

If you use the default location then you will see the readme folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\ReadMe. If you right click on the installed file and select Installer Files it will show you the name of the readme

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited June 2013

Frank0314 said:
    If you use the default location then you will see the readme folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\ReadMe. If you right click on the installed file and select Installer Files it will show you the name of the readme

Thanks, Frank. That's good info for me, but I noticed my Installer for Bot Genesis didn't install a ReadMe there. More importantly, beginning and even advanced users may not find the ReadMe at all unless they read your answer. That's too hard to find in my opinion.

Edit: Ok, I'm an idiot. The link is there. It's the "i" button next to the Install button on the right hand side. I thought I had looked well but I was searching for a "ReadMe" button and just didn't see it. Doh!

Post edited by Parris on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

Is this the usual readme or a special one? The usual readme is available online by clicking the i in a circle next to the action button for each product in DIM.

edited December 1969

Is this the usual readme or a special one? The usual readme is available online by clicking the i in a circle next to the action button for each product in DIM.

Yep, found it and posted my edit just as you were commenting. Sorry. I'm so happy it is there.

edited December 1969

...I wish the readme's were still included with the DL instead of being online. Really annoying when I need to see where stuff goes while installing on the workstation and get the "Server Not Found" error as it is not connected to the net.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I wish the readme's were still included with the DL instead of being online. Really annoying when I need to see where stuff goes while installing on the workstation and get the "Server Not Found" error as it is not connected to the net.

If you save the zips you can just look.

edited June 2013

...I still DL the .exes (while they are still available) for items related to Genesis as things need to go into the proper locations so they work correctly as I'm not about to guess about this on my own.

Post edited by kyoto kid on