Project Dogwaffle Howler

Comments

• Happy Wednesday!

• My camera decided to not save the video that I just finished....so, Wednesday video will be Thursday.

Hope everyone is getting ready for Halloween!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I am so busy with other stuff that I am getting behind with watching these - but I appreciate knowing they are there for when I have more time!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236
    edited October 2016

I bought the "Discovering Project Dogwaffle" videos! ;)

"Discovering Dogwaffle" isn't taken... you should grab that name!!! :)

Discovering Dogwaffle, by Immortal Moments Art!

Wonderful overview, Tiffanie! Wow... that clock looks cool!!! A Dogwaffle Clock, painted in Dogwaffle too, I'm sure!

Hey! I just tried it. It still shows even when Howler is minimized! Sweet! It's amazing how many goodis are stowed away in here. That LUA browser looks cool. I have no idea how to program, so I've always been afraid to click that. Thanks for showing it.

Messing around with a bunch of these things... that list just goes on and on! It's difinitely worth going through them all and paying attention to which ones work with our flows. There's some powerful stuff in here. I do recognize that a lot of this stuff has been incorporated directly into Howler. Wow. Most of this stuff can be run across all frames in an animation too! Sweet!

HowlerLuaBrowser.png
    1361 x 705 - 593K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • @Dartanbeck, lol.  I'm paying for enough domains now! It does have a nice ring to it, though!

Yep! More and more things are integrated, but there are a few that are still hidden. And there are lots of free Lua scripts out there, so you can download them, put them in the right folder and have access to them too. Many more filters that way.

As for this week, I think it's a bust. I tried again today, and the camera program just refuses to save after I finish, so that's gone again. I need to find a different program, or figure out why that one decided to just stop working. I'm slowing going through my copious files, and trying each of them to see which work and which are dead, and which are unregistered versions...so, no time for the tutorial.  Since everyone is behind here, anyway, I'm just going to chill about it, and get stuff working right.

Have a great weekend, all!

edited October 2016

Have you ever tried CamStudio.org? It's OpenSource (free) and seemed to work pretty good. I bought Corel's VideoStudio Pro (although I don't have the latest version, mine is X7 Ultimate), which is inexpensive and has a nice built-in screen capture.

Have a great weekend, all!

You too, Pal! Hey... thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this... so cool!

How about that Dan Ritchie, eh? The man's been busy!!! :D

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    I still use dw 3.7ver. ocassionally but i do have ps so its a no brainer what to use first. I never bought the photoshop cs version i have it came with the pc i bought refurbished. It also came with macromedia too lol. But if your on a budget pd pro is good for painting maps

I have my old discs of Adobe Essentials, which has Photoshop 7 (I think), Acrobat 5, Macromedia, quite a few others.

I contacted Adobe about buying a newer version of PS and they just kept demanding that I give them a credit card number for a subscription - even after explaining why I just can't be set up that way. The bad taste left me in no mood to keep Adobe on my machines anymore.

Now that I've come to know Howler so much more, I don't even miss PS in the slightest! Truly!

Yes, I don't like subscription models, even for software that I use on a regular basis. I have a old PS CS2 and that covers pretty much everything I need.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Ues unfortunately adobe is all about alienating customers. For awhile i had real old p4 dell 1.8 and it could run less cpu intensive apps like carrara7 dw pro and hex. I got a copy of gimp and i was really amazed how well it worked. I havent tried the pd howler app yet but i have watched utube vids. I havent had a land based hindernet connection for 4-5 yrs now. Using a droid is how i connect now and oh boy the changes on the web. (i dont think you can dl youtube vids anymore, thank you google for ruining that.)
  • There are a couple of programs that will still download YouTube videos, like Free FreeYouTube downloader. Just have to look around.

Next video finally up!

Sweet! I really need to start collecting some of the brushes I have in my wishlist! Thanks for showing this - along with that previous one where you show us how to convert PS brushes to image maps! Great stuff!

• It was a little more disjointed than my usual, but I thought it was a good test of the new camera software, and a useful tidbit.

Oh definitely! And it's really fun to see you in the middle of one of your beautiful paintings!  Damn  Yikes, girl... you're good!

• Once again, There will be no video today, maybe not this week. Will depend on the hard drive and how much I can remove from it. I'm down to 12MB free space, so can't record anything (I was about half way through a video when the camera said, no more). Hopefully, I can get enough off the drive to make space. I already keep all music, video, documents, pictures and my DAZ files on another drive, so, it's time to start tossing programs! I have a 3TB drive that is soon to be on it's way for replacing as it was bad, which will eventually give me more space. Sorry, but I guess it gives some catch up time!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Hope you get your hardware sorted out.  No worries.  Have you seen the thread on render farms?  Jonstark has some hardware sale alerts. 

• No, I hadn't! Thank you for the head's up.

The thread is here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/112451/carrara-not-using-all-of-my-render-nodes-solved#latest

It sort of drifted from a render node question to a hardware shopping channel.  LOL

Yeah... I'm addicted to that thread! Can't wait to own my own Z600!!! :D

Aww Tiffanie... I hate those times! Transferring files, especially by the hundreds and thousands of GB makes me nervous!

When I was still new to the game of gathering too much data, I used DVDs as backups - until I found that they get corrupted! What?!!! Oh that killed me!

Now every time I buy new HDDs, I always keep the older ones for backup storage, unless they're dead or dying. Wow... a 3TB drive to full to move! Yikes!

My latest PC build, I've stuck in a special separate drive just for the purpose of getting myself into the habit of doing fairly regular storage maintenance. I get behind, but I never really let my main drive get much more than half full (suggested by a geek friend somewhere along my journeys). I really don't know much about computers and their programing, but I love building them! But that always takes me a while since I'm no computer wiz. I spend a good deal of time researching which parts I can use.

Buying an old Z600 will be like a dream for me... already designed and built... all I need to do is buy and install new cpus (2 of them!!!) more RAM(?) and some HDDs and Windows.

It's okay that you don't get the video done though... you deserve a break anyway! 

• Actually, I have two 320GB drive, it's that that is full. I'm hoping to move/use the 3TB, but it was faulty, it only registered 764GB, so I have to send it back. Luckily not 3TB, full yet! lol.

Whew!

Yeah... I'd never waste my time trying to save backups to a faulty drive either!

edited November 2016

Awesome News from Doggy Land!

Howler is getting Water Caustics animations!!!

To celebrate, Developer of Project Dogwaffle, Dan Ritchie, is giving us all a Free plugin for Howler!!!

Here's the News Page along with the link to your new Plugin: Water Caustics Plugin for Howler

...and here's a quick rundown by Dan Ritchie!

He's going Wild, that Dan Ritchie! And it's a Wonderful Thing!

Seems to work fine in version 9 as well.

PhilW said:

Seems to work fine in version 9 as well.

Awesome! Thanks for testing ;)

I'm seeing some fun ideas with this. Carrara handles animated textures so well, and Howler's PuppyRay handles animated Height Maps!!! 

• From the Developer:

"These savings might border on criminally low.... 59% off,... even on PD Artist 9.6 (yes, that one, with the ray tracer and 3D Designer with erosion, sediments, shadows,... great landscapes!)... normally $17, now just shy of $7 !!!!!  Version 10 of PD Artist usually $27 - now just $11 and change, for a limited time." 

So, if you need to upgrade, or know someone who wants to try Howler products without a lot of monetary investment, here's their chance!

PS: I got my Hard drive sent in finally, and am working on clearing more space on my current drives, until the new hard drive returns. So, videos should be starting back up again. So, you only have a little time left to catch up! lol

yes​   Thank you

From the Developer:

"These savings might border on criminally low.... 59% off,... even on PD Artist 9.6 (yes, that one, with the ray tracer and 3D Designer with erosion, sediments, shadows,... great landscapes!)... normally $17, now just shy of $7 !!!!!  Version 10 of PD Artist usually $27 - now just $11 and change, for a limited time." 

So, if you need to upgrade, or know someone who wants to try Howler products without a lot of monetary investment, here's their chance!

PS: I got my Hard drive sent in finally, and am working on clearing more space on my current drives, until the new hard drive returns. So, videos should be starting back up again. So, you only have a little time left to catch up! lol

I must say, it all goes to a good cause too.

Dan Ritchie is constantly (Constantly) developing this awesome software all by himself - and he's always studying and persuing new ways to improve this stuff... just fantastic to see!

Yo Dan, could you Please buy Carrara from Daz3d? wink

This discussion has been closed.