Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi! I really love this product from what I see of others using it.

Since it was first introduced here I watched it and waited, and bought it as soon as it came out, but didn't have a chance to learn how to use it right away and then, by the time I tried, it just crashed Daz Studio every time I tried loading anything in it... so I haven't really gotten to use it myself.

I saw posts from others having same problems, and have been following and waiting for the update, but I would REALLY like to be able to use the fantastic models I've bought that utilize this product, as well as the free presets for hair on your website, and can't with the Look At My Hair product the way it is now in Daz Studio 4.6.

SO, from what I see here, it seems the free player works but can't be loaded at the same time as the program. What are the most up to date directions for using both, if it's possible?

Or should I just uninstall the program all together and install the free player in order to use the creatures and hair presets? Thanks for any help! -Cathy

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Hi! I really love this product from what I see of others using it.

Since it was first introduced here I watched it and waited, and bought it as soon as it came out, but didn't have a chance to learn how to use it right away and then, by the time I tried, it just crashed Daz Studio every time I tried loading anything in it... so I haven't really gotten to use it myself.

I saw posts from others having same problems, and have been following and waiting for the update, but I would REALLY like to be able to use the fantastic models I've bought that utilize this product, as well as the free presets for hair on your website, and can't with the Look At My Hair product the way it is now in Daz Studio 4.6.

SO, from what I see here, it seems the free player works but can't be loaded at the same time as the program. What are the most up to date directions for using both, if it's possible?

Or should I just uninstall the program all together and install the free player in order to use the creatures and hair presets? Thanks for any help! -Cathy

Hi Cathy, first of all, my apologies to you (and to the rest of the LAMH users) if the update for the full version is not out yet.
    Since the initial release we have worked each and every day to improve all the features available and introduce a lot of new ones as suggested by users. All the issues present in current version have been addressed as well, and believe me we are really close to have the update ready, as soon as beta-testing will complete successfully.

Said that, if you'd like to use LAMH 1.0 and the free player alternatively, please take a look at this post:
    http://www.furrythings.com/using-lamh-1-0-and-the-free-player/

In practice all you need to do is to switch the LAMH .dll file (or .dylib on a Mac) to use the interface or full version.

Please let me know if you need further help...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hi, Wondering if there is a link to any screen shots of the new improved interface and some renders and what not for the upcoming update?

• little Squidlittle Squid Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hey I just bought LAMH, and I ran into a few problems with crashing. It seems to be every time I choose the Lycaon the Werewolf LMAH preset character it would crash Daz. I am able to load a single character and do my own hair so I have just avoided the Lycaon preset.

The problem I have is if there is more than one character in the scene no matter what genesis I select only the first one comes up. Can I select a single character from a scene with more than one?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Hey I just bought LAMH, and I ran into a few problems with crashing. It seems to be every time I choose the Lycaon the Werewolf LMAH preset character it would crash Daz. I am able to load a single character and do my own hair so I have just avoided the Lycaon preset.

The problem I have is if there is more than one character in the scene no matter what genesis I select only the first one comes up. Can I select a single character from a scene with more than one?

The 1.0 version of LAMH can only do 1 preset per scene. The free 1.06 player can load multiple pre-made presets per scene (one per figure), and the upcoming 1.06 Full will allow multiple presets per-scene and multiple presets per-figure and other things.

Kendall

• little Squidlittle Squid Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

That was fast, thanks.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

I'm starting to have some fun with this

cat3.jpg
    406 x 500 - 122K
    lamhmouse2.jpg
    406 x 500 - 84K
    fatmouse2.jpg
    406 x 500 - 120K
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Glad to hear it! Nice renders. Is there a message in the 2 mice, followed by the cat? :-)

Kendall

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited July 2013

Joequick said:

Glad to hear it! Nice renders. Is there a message in the 2 mice, followed by the cat? :-)

Kendall

I was gearing up to make promo renders for a genesis character

table3b_web.jpg
    615 x 800 - 216K
    PowerMouse800.jpg
    614 x 800 - 277K
    thechase_cropped.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 273K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Joequick said:

Kendall

I was gearing up to make promo renders for a genesis character

Sorry I missed this! I was busy programming.

Excellent. Do you know that LAMH contains the same shader used in Stuart Little?

Kendall

edited August 2013

A Terragen3 render featuring models created and exported from LAMH, which is able to export textured OBJ files.

ice_age_migration.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • KlasKlas Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,
    this is awesome! I never managed to get such good looking hairs on the mammoth.
    http://www.terralights.de/terralightsII/coppermine/displayimage/album=126/pid=3756.html

edited December 1969

KlasK said:
    Hi Alessandro,
    this is awesome! I never managed to get such good looking hairs on the mammoth.
    http://www.terralights.de/terralightsII/coppermine/displayimage/album=126/pid=3756.html

Hi Klask, that's actually a nice render that you have done, but IMO you should use a denser hair count. I have exported 500000 hairs, with root/tip widths at 2000/700. The resulting OBJ file was quite large but Terragen handled it extremely well (as most 64bit applications do anyway today).
    Also (I use TG3), it's necessary to set at least an anti-aliasing value of 6 to have a smoother look on the fur.

• Goteki45Goteki45 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

The 1.0 version of LAMH can only do 1 preset per scene. The free 1.06 player can load multiple pre-made presets per scene (one per figure), and the upcoming 1.06 Full will allow multiple presets per-scene and multiple presets per-figure and other things.

Kendall

Is there any idea when this update will be available? I purchased LAMH and a few figures that included presets (Tauren, Lycaon, and Satyros), and they all crash Daz if I try to load the LAMH preset actors.

edited December 1969

Hi, there is not an exact date yet, but if you like you may join the open beta for customers, see here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26543/

The current LAMH beta indeed allows, as the free player, for multifigure support and is compliant with latest figures.

• DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

REQUEST: I am working on an anime character I am wanting a specific unusual type hair for her which for me would be too complex to build myself as I have never tried to create hair on Daz and am told its pretty hard for a newbie plus I don’t have the time these days.

Would anyone be willing to do it for me? I don’t mind paying as long as the work is good. Here is what I am looking for and you’ll see its beyond a newbie: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/088/3/2/kanu_unchou_3_coloured_by_den28-d3cri5p.jpg

(the same girl only in a maid suit) http://mangaworld.ca/images/4582221152783.jpg

the main things I would need would be: -clasp at the bottom when the hair ends
    -ability to move the hair across her left eye
    -the dark blue color
    -compatible with Aiko4/V4

Is there anyone here who does requests frequently and would be good with this? I’d be paying via paypal as long as the price is reasonable. Thx. Please reply if interested.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

That's definitely something I can do :) Sending you a PM :)

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

How is LAMH for creating wet hair? There aren't a whole lot of wet styles available in prop or figure hair, and almost none in shorter lengths, so I was wondering if this could do it. Anyone have an example they can point me at?

edited December 1969

How is LAMH for creating wet hair? There aren't a whole lot of wet styles available in prop or figure hair, and almost none in shorter lengths, so I was wondering if this could do it. Anyone have an example they can point me at?

Wet hair positioning and clumping are easy with LAMH. However, wet hair has a specific look that we do not have a shader for yet.

To get wet "floaty" hair (like a mermaid in the ocean), increase the number of control points, separate the guides into groups to simulate "sticking together", position the hair guides in the direction the water is pulling and increase the clumping to maximum.

For "out of the shower" hair, one would position the guides close to the body (use of the 1.07 Beta control point locking will help here) and then increase the clumping to about 75-80% depending on the "wetness" of the hair.

Making the hair look like it has water in it is an exercise in the use of the shader mixer for the moment.

Creating "hair blowing in the wind" is significantly easier as no special shader is necessary.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I tried to make a wet hair shader before... for a look at my hair preset. The closest I could get to was something kinda satin-y but def not wet. I suck at shaders!!!! So hard. T_T Styling it wet is easy, but the shaders, not so much! I'd say try a satin shader a color or two darker than the char would normally have.

edited December 1969

No one interested huh? :(:(

edited December 1969

Drekkan said:

Drekkan, I replied to you right after your post AND sent you a PM. ;) Did you not get my message in your private messages?

edited October 2013

Drekkan said:

Drekkan, I replied to you right after your post AND sent you a PM. ;) Did you not get my message in your private messages?

Oh sorry I didn't think that was directed at me. I got your pm I will get back to you thanks.

Post edited by Drekkan on
  • edited December 1969

since the new free play look at my hair is out was wondering if anyone has free presets for male body hair I used the free primate and lycan presets but I don’t want men looking like apes .Chest and full body would be great .Thanks see too much hair I’m sure someone has them out there please help!!!!!!

001Hairy005.jpg
    1119 x 757 - 522K
    edited December 1969

bluefoxFL said:
    since the new free play look at my hair is out was wondering if anyone has free presets for male body hair I used the free primate and lycan presets but I don’t want men looking like apes .Chest and full body would be great .Thanks see too much hair I’m sure someone has them out there please help!!!!!!

Very funny. :-)

Until someone does a body hair preset, try lowering the hair quantity on the preset that you are using, and set the hair color lighter. It won't be perfect, but it may get you closer to what you want.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Drekkan said:

you get my message?

• edited December 1969

Alright, so i updated daz to 4.6 today and brought LAMH as well. I'm having a blast but i run into a problem when i go to export the hair to daz. I want to use lux as my render so i have to export it as obj. I can export 70,000 hair quantity but if i try to bump it up to 100k it crashes and closes daz.

I have windows 7 64 bit have 32 bit studio installed. 8GB ram.... and my graphics card is updated too. Any ideas what it could be?

• esargeesarge Posts: 20
    edited October 2013

Why not install the 64 bit studio and see if that helps. You might be running out of ram when you bump it up.

Post edited by esarge on
  • edited October 2013

esarge said:
    Why not install the 64 bit studio and see if that helps. You might be running out of ram when you bump it up.

k ill give that a try and see. ill update post in a bit

Update Yaaay it works! Thank you bunches!

Oh man that was ugly. i used 200k total and it worked. So i deleted the obj and try to do another one and my pc froze. i couldnt do anything! LOL Any clue how to fix it?

Post edited by likeblue_3d04cec403 on
    edited December 1969

Artress said:
    esarge said:

k ill give that a try and see. ill update post in a bit

Update Yaaay it works! Thank you bunches!

Oh man that was ugly. i used 200k total and it worked. So i deleted the obj and try to do another one and my pc froze. i couldnt do anything! LOL Any clue how to fix it?

It's good that you moved to 64 bit since 32 bit is memory constrained. Keep in mind that the OBJ's are going to be huge, unless you use the new LAMH Beta. You are entitled to become a tester and get access to the 1.07 Beta once you've purchased and activated the 1.0full LAMH. Register at http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com and then follow the instructions there.

We're in the final stages of testing with the new version due out very soon.

Kendall