Cleaning out old scene files?

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Decided to clean out the old scene files. I know about the folder I created to save them in ... are there any other places where bits and pieces are saved that could also be cleaned out?

D/S4.0

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The data folder is where all of the Geometry and UV files are stored, but it might be dangerous to mess with it. The data folder can be quite large, and it would be much more worthwhile clearing it out than the scene files, as they take up very little room. I don;t know how you would clear the data folder safely.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

The data folder is where all of the Geometry and UV files are stored, but it might be dangerous to mess with it. The data folder can be quite large, and it would be much more worthwhile clearing it out than the scene files, as they take up very little room. I don;t know how you would clear the data folder safely.

I don't either. Took a peek in there the other day ... I remember in D/S3 the files were 'alone' in 3.0 ... but the files in D/S4.0s 3.0 didn't appear to have anything to do with the scenes I had deleted. So guess I'll just leave it be for now.

• Staffa24Staffa24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just did a bit of house cleaning the other day as well.

All my scene files have a number as a name so when I save 111.daz the program creates a new folder under data > 4_0_2 with the same number as name which holds everything related to 111.daz

When I delete 111.daz scene file I also delete the 111 folder in data > 4_0_2
    with the scene file gone, nothing should need to access the 111 folder and so far I haven't had any problems ;-)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Staffa24 said:
    I just did a bit of house cleaning the other day as well.

All my scene files have a number as a name so when I save 111.daz the program creates a new folder under data > 4_0_2 with the same number as name which holds everything related to 111.daz

When I delete 111.daz scene file I also delete the 111 folder in data > 4_0_2
    with the scene file gone, nothing should need to access the 111 folder and so far I haven't had any problems ;-)

Okay thanks! I'll take a look there.